PDA

View Full Version : Pop: McGrady to play more minutes in game 3.. (joke)

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2013, 10:47 PM
He just said it in the post-game, tbh..

:lol I'm playing, need a thread to lighten the mood around here, tbh..

timvp
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
McGrady doesn't look like he'd be even a good WNBA player at this point, tbh.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-09-2013, 10:49 PM
He really said that?

davidbowie
lol

he looks like shit out there tbh

wish he would take more shots. seems apprehensive. i think he's afraid to fuck up. or maybe doesn't want to sweat to much so he won't have to shower.

Spurs21Fan4Ever

He hasn't even tried yet though, he knows, maybe he'll play better if he's actually motivated.

AFBlue
CoJo the only one that deserves more PT from the crew that closed out game 2 imo tbh.

Spursmania
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM

Spursmania
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
There's no way Pop would say that.

DarrinS
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Wow. That would be a panicky move

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Pop is going to give Gary Neal more minutes and that's sad but Gary played better than Manu tonight which is even sadder. Disgusting.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-09-2013, 10:52 PM
I really want to know, did Pop really say this?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Pop is going to give Gary Neal more minutes and that's sad but Gary played better than Manu tonight which is even sadder. Disgusting.

No he didn't. Neal made a few shots, but there's more to the game on offense. Neal is a complete dummy on defense.

td4mvp2k
06-09-2013, 10:53 PM

tru dat

DMX7
06-09-2013, 10:54 PM
After watching Ginobili's sorry ass, he probably did really say it. I don't think I've ever seen Ginobili look more done in his career. I hope he gets some rest and bounces back, but all the crazy play he's done in his career looks to finally have caught up with him.

siraulo23
that's gonna be an epic meltdown, prolly worse than game 5 against okc last year :lol

Splits
:lol I'm playing, need a thread to lighten the mood around here, tbh..

taps
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Haha you got me bro.

DarrinS
06-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Got me too

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Assuming that means Neal plays no more, I'm fine with this. McGrady can't be any worse on defense. I'd like to see the rotations look like this if McGrady really does play meaningful minutes.

Starters:
Parker-36 minutes
Green-40 minutes
Leonard-42 minutes
Splitter-36 minutes
Duncan-38 minutes

Bench players:
Joseph-12 minutes
Ginobili-20 minutes
McGrady-10 minutes
Diaw-22 minutes
Bonner-only if Duncan or Splitter is in foul trouble.

I did no math, that sort of works right?

Edit: Just realized this was a joke.

Budkin
06-09-2013, 11:00 PM
T-Mac looks terrible. Period.

freetiago
hes a better option then Neal/Ginobili tbh
he has the length to pass over doubles and he makes the simple pass

baseline bum
Hope not to see any more McGrady this series; shit would mean the Spurs were down 25 again.

Spursmania
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Got me...:rollin

2centsworth
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Dude has rigormortis, give it up.

Boomersgold
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM

And he averaged 20+ points in the Chinese Basketball League? Shows how good the competition is over there.

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:05 PM
hes a better option then Neal/Ginobili tbh
he has the length to pass over doubles and he makes the simple pass

Better than the original joke, tbh.

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 11:06 PM
I genuinely cannot think of a Spurs player since Alfrederick who looked as bad as McGrady, RT.

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:08 PM
I genuinely cannot think of a Spurs player since Alfrederick who looked as bad as McGrady, RT.

I'd take Dwayne Schintzius over McGrady.

Today.

baseline bum
06-09-2013, 11:15 PM

Today.

Do you think McGrady's body is just completely destroyed, or is he lazy out there? I have never seen an NBA player who looked so slow. I'm really not joking when I compare him to Hughes.

Doe
06-09-2013, 11:15 PM
I don't think I ever saw him move at more than that half-trot walk he was doing.

sook
06-09-2013, 11:30 PM
he's playing so scared out there that pop will bench him :lol

T-Mac loves to shoot so its wierd seeing him pass up open shots all the time. I think he's trying to learn the system with the reserves while out there and it isn't showcasing him wlel. He can't be that bad :lol

timvp
06-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Do you think McGrady's body is just completely destroyed, or is he lazy out there? I have never seen an NBA player who looked so slow. I'm really not joking when I compare him to Hughes.

His body looks terrible. He said he's been sitting on the coach since February ... and it looks like it.

elmanutres
06-10-2013, 12:34 AM
:pop:"tmac were getting blown out there. go out there and do 13 pts in 33 seconds" :pop:

TheyCallMePro
06-10-2013, 01:47 AM
I know he only played 7 minutes but I thought Mcgrady looked just awful out there. He didn't seem to care. He seemed determined not to try. Chalmers went right at him for a layup and T-Mac just stood there under the rim and watched it go through. On offense he looked completely dis-interested. I guess he doesn't want an opportunity to see meaningful minutes after all.

Patty Mills, Cory Joseph, and Blair were hustling their asses off in that 7 minutes. Mcgrady was a statue. I'm very disappointed in him.

pikkiwoki
06-10-2013, 04:04 AM
I know he only played 7 minutes but I thought Mcgrady looked just awful out there. He didn't seem to care. He seemed determined not to try. Chalmers went right at him for a layup and T-Mac just stood there under the rim and watched it go through. On offense he looked completely dis-interested. I guess he doesn't want an opportunity to see meaningful minutes after all.

Patty Mills, Cory Joseph, and Blair were hustling their asses off in that 7 minutes. Mcgrady was a statue. I'm very disappointed in him.

That was actually Ray Allen that got that layup, which makes it even worse since Ray is 60 years old with rock candy ankles.

McGrady did have a couple of nice passes, one to Blair and one to Patty, but neither was able to convert. The two assists he did have to Bonner weren't even on great passes. Bonner had more to do with those makes than anything McGrady did.

The sad thing is, Freaking Bonner looked more aggressive off the dribble than T-Mac lmfao. How is this possible?

And in transition he barely bothers to make it past half court.

It's like he's out there trying to exert as little energy as possible. I mean, are you kidding me? It's the goddamn Finals. Don't you want to at least plant a seed in Pop's mind that maybe just maybe you might deserve at least a sliver of consideration for more playing time? It's like he's embarrassed to hustle. Because, you know, hustling is for scrubs, not superstars. Hustling is beneath the Great McGrady.

This guy has always had the mentality of a loser. The difference now is he no longer has the game to deodorize that loser stench. And just like real B.O., everybody can smell it except for the man himself. I'd cut him tonight if I were Pop. His demeanor is cancerous to this team.

AchillesHeel
06-10-2013, 05:28 AM

I'd like to see Mac get minutes when the game actually matters, getting subbed in after you give up a 23 - 3 or whatever run they did isn't exactly the same as giving that shitbag Neal 20 mpg.

AchillesHeel
06-10-2013, 05:30 AM
That was actually Ray Allen that got that layup, which makes it even worse since Ray is 60 years old with rock candy ankles.

McGrady did have a couple of nice passes, one to Blair and one to Patty, but neither was able to convert. The two assists he did have to Bonner weren't even on great passes. Bonner had more to do with those makes than anything McGrady did.

The sad thing is, Freaking Bonner looked more aggressive off the dribble than T-Mac lmfao. How is this possible?

It's like he's out there trying to exert as little energy as possible. I mean, are you kidding me? It's the goddamn Finals. Don't you want to at least plant a seed in Pop's mind that maybe just maybe you might deserve at least a sliver of consideration for more playing time? It's like he's embarrassed to hustle. Because, you know, hustling is for scrubs, not superstars. Hustling is beneath the Great McGrady.

This guy has always had the mentality of a loser. The difference now is he no longer has the game to deodorize that loser stench. And just like real B.O., everybody can smell it except for the man himself. I'd cut him tonight if I were Pop. His demeanor is cancerous to this team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM

dwayne shintzius
06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
hey now

Today.

spurspokesman
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
After watching Ginobili's sorry ass, he probably did really say it. I don't think I've ever seen Ginobili look more done in his career. I hope he gets some rest and bounces back, but all the crazy play he's done in his career looks to finally have caught up with him.
Sad but true

sook
06-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Tbh, with the way Neal and Manu have been playing its not a bad idea, Mcgrady can pass.

He still pisses me off though, fatass needs to move faster

Riddler
06-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see Mac get minutes when the game actually matters, getting subbed in after you give up a 23 - 3 or whatever run they did isn't exactly the same as giving that shitbag Neal 20 mpg.

lol McGrady has been done since the 2008-2009 season.

spurspokesman
06-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Hope not to see any more McGrady this series; shit would mean the Spurs were down 25 again.Or up 25 and that aint most likely wont happen

baseline bum
06-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Or up 25 and that aint most likely wont happen

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Spurs go HAM on Miami in one of these home games. It would surprise me to see Pop ever take his foot off the gas though in that situation.

TheyCallMePro
06-10-2013, 01:26 PM

Bingo. Couldn't have said it any better.

Tmac3
06-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Y'all don't know wat y'all talking about. If pop was willing to pick up mcgrady he saw something in him. Me being a lifelong Tmac fan I've watched him at every point of his career. He's always jogged up the court and appeared either sluggish or just plain slow but he can turn it on at any point. Now I'm pretty sure none of y'all watched mcgrady when he was with the hawks, he flat out made them better on the court. He had the skills of a point guard and the frame of a small forward which worked well for him in games. Mcgrady is a future hall of famer in this league(maybe not first ballot) but he should get in. I'm glad he's getting more time because this is what he's always wanted after being ridiculed for so long for liking a *has been* it warms my heart that he's finally here. Mcgrady lost his athleticism but he hasn't lost his ability to facilitate and score. At this stage of his career he likes to set others up rather than be a leading scorer, which is an example of his good character. Mcgrady isn't hurting this team so y'all stop acting like he's a cancer NOW in this stage of his career. He's been the most humble I've ever seen him since signing with the spurs, Y'ALL GIVE THE MAN A DECENT CHANCE not decide what he brings after 5-6 minutes of garbage time.

pikkiwoki
06-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Y'all don't know wat y'all talking about. If pop was willing to pick up mcgrady he saw something in him. Me being a lifelong Tmac fan I've watched him at every point of his career. He's always jogged up the court and appeared either sluggish or just plain slow but he can turn it on at any point. Now I'm pretty sure none of y'all watched mcgrady when he was with the hawks, he flat out made them better on the court. He had the skills of a point guard and the frame of a small forward which worked well for him in games. Mcgrady is a future hall of famer in this league(maybe not first ballot) but he should get in. I'm glad he's getting more time because this is what he's always wanted after being ridiculed for so long for liking a *has been* it warms my heart that he's finally here. Mcgrady lost his athleticism but he hasn't lost his ability to facilitate and score. At this stage of his career he likes to set others up rather than be a leading scorer, which is an example of his good character. Mcgrady isn't hurting this team so y'all stop acting like he's a cancer NOW in this stage of his career. He's been the most humble I've ever seen him since signing with the spurs, Y'ALL GIVE THE MAN A DECENT CHANCE not decide what he brings after 5-6 minutes of garbage time.

Hey Tracy. Does Pop allow you guys to post on message boards during the season? Also, how's your knee feeling?

Raven
06-10-2013, 04:42 PM
:lol @ spursfans saying tmac can't be worse than X..

Tmac3
06-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Is that your horrific attempt at a joke?

tesseractive
06-11-2013, 12:10 AM
No he didn't. Neal made a few shots, but there's more to the game on offense. Neal is a complete dummy on defense.
He's not a dummy -- he stays within the schemes and makes the right rotations. He just doesn't have the physical ability and skill to play defense very well. It's like asking Tiago to bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense -- that's just not in his wheelhouse.

That's why Pop will play him over some of the guys buried deeper on the bench -- he may get beaten badly and often, but he won't cause the whole system to break down by making unforced mistakes.

06-11-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't think I ever saw him move at more than that half-trot walk he was doing.
he hustled to try and save a loose ball

Tmac3
06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
LORD LET TMAC PLAY!

TheRemix
06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
poor Tmac :depressed

cheguevara
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
ya he looks beyond horrible.

Duncan, Parker and Kawhi are going to have to pull more weight if Spurs want to have a chance

Knoxxx
06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
G Parker
G Ginobili
G Green
F Leonard
F Diaw
F Duncan
F T Mac
C Splitter

Now that's a rotation!

dallasmaverickslose
06-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I would love to see T-Mac get PT, but he can't even hit shots in garbage time. So, NO THANK YOU.

dallasmaverickslose
06-11-2013, 07:14 PM
G Parker
G Ginobili
G Green
F Leonard
F Diaw
F Duncan
F T Mac
C Splitter

Now that's a rotation!

where's Bonner

baseline bum
06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
LOL I never said McGrady was a cancer. Far from it; he looks like he's genuinely happy for his teammates' success. I said McGrady is the worst player the team has had since Alfrederick Hughes. He doesn't look like an NBA level athlete any more. It's a shame he is so badly injured because he's one of the most talented players this league has ever had, but it is what it is.

Monkeyboy14
06-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Id still take him over neal tbh