PDA

View Full Version : We will respond, period

soxxx
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
We didnt get "exposed", we beat ourselves. We made mistakes, the Heat capitalized. This isnt game 3 of the WCF from last year where the Thunder clearly figured something out, we just played sloppy. The Heat were in survival mode and knew they had to win or else it was going to be over.

The Pacers last round got beat by a similar amount in game 3 and came out and won game 4.

I feel confident and you all should to. Scores dont matter, it was just a sloppy 8 minutes of one game. I promise you the Spurs will play much better in game 3.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Its simple adjustments and we win the game.. Consider that we had a lead in the 3rd quarter and we shit the bed. If Parker hits shots and Duncan hits shots and even if Manu shows up for a quarter we win tonight. Also Gary Neal should never ever touch the ball unless he's coming off a screen and catching the ball for a shot.

BatManu20
06-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Easy for you to say, you don't play on the team. I certainly hope they respond, but that doesn't mean they will. "period."

Kool Bob Love
06-10-2013, 10:17 PM
PERIOD

Spurs9
06-10-2013, 10:23 PM
:cry

SenorSpur
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
The fact that the Spurs shot poorly in the first game, one would've expected a better shooting performance by everyone, not named Danny Green, in Game 2. Obviously, that didn't happen. That, in and of itself, is quite concerning. as is Manu's raggedy showing and declining production. If they want to stay in this series, they had better respond.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Duncan, Parker and Ginobili have played in hundreds of games. They've seen it all - Spurs routing their opponents, Spurs winning close games, Spurs losing close games, Spurs getting routed by their opponents.

I'm sure they will respond.

Seefourdc
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
The only difference between game 3 last year vs. the Thunder and this year is that the Heat didn't lose 2 games because they couldn't figure the Spurs offense out... they were just too tired to maul them with athleticism in the first game.. People seem to have forgotten that the Heat were the #4 defense last year without Birdman. They are an even better defensive team this year that coasted for half a season in the high teens before all star break and still finished #7 in defensive efficiency. They are the #1 team at creating turnovers. Spurs averaged 14.1 TPG this year. 17 turnovers actually makes a lot of sense when you factor in the D they are playing against.

Will they respond? Probably. Is green going to shoot lights out again? Probably not. I think you'll see a higher shooting percentage from some other players but the turnovers will stay the same and those things will balance out. The Heat won't score less than 95, but can the Spurs who are so turnover prone score more than 95 per game against the Heat defense?

kaji157
06-10-2013, 10:57 PM
The only difference between game 3 last year vs. the Thunder and this year is that the Heat didn't lose 2 games because they couldn't figure the Spurs offense out... they were just too tired to maul them with athleticism in the first game.. People seem to have forgotten that the Heat were the #4 defense last year without Birdman. They are an even better defensive team this year that coasted for half a season in the high teens before all star break and still finished #7 in defensive efficiency. They are the #1 team at creating turnovers. Spurs averaged 14.1 TPG this year. 17 turnovers actually makes a lot of sense when you factor in the D they are playing against.

Will they respond? Probably. Is green going to shoot lights out again? Probably not. I think you'll see a higher shooting percentage from some other players but the turnovers will stay the same and those things will balance out. The Heat won't score less than 95, but can the Spurs who are so turnover prone score more than 95 per game against the Heat defense?
I think they can, one of the things i noted during yesterdays game was that our guys were kind of uncomfortable. Even when they had the lead.
That maybe the effect on a team staying put as we did, and another team adjusting.
We have a history of good adjustments, and i think we are gonna respond.

Still there are questions. Can parker play the MVP level he played in other rounds?? Can Ginobili play like an NBA star? Can Duncan produce consistently from now on?

Those are things that would push the Spurs even mroe than simple adjustments. But with everyone playing at game 1 level (which i donīt think it was too great other than the fact of the few turnovers) and with our role players playing average, we can still win. Any of the above would be a plus.

sexinthatsx
06-10-2013, 11:01 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what happened in game 2... It was clearly a mental mistake. You can clearly see the pace of the game was slower than Spurs usually play, and Pop expected the Heat to watch the tape and adjust according to the pace and the way the Spurs played in Game 1. Because of this, Pop had the idea of pacing the offense, making it even faster in Game 2 to run the big 3 out of the building by putting the bench players out to make the pace really fast. In the end, it just bit Pop in the ass because we ended up making a ton of turnovers with that pace and the Heat made the most of it.

It all boils down to the same conclusion: that's why teams like the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors never make it into the finals... that fast paced play will never fly in the finals. You need to be really gritty on defense and take your time on each possession in order to make sure your teammates are there to box out for the rebound or able to get back on defense on time.

I expect the pace of game 3 to be just as fast, if not, slower than game 1.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Damn I wish the game would just start already... it's all I can think about.

kaji157
06-10-2013, 11:45 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what happened in game 2... It was clearly a mental mistake. You can clearly see the pace of the game was slower than Spurs usually play, and Pop expected the Heat to watch the tape and adjust according to the pace and the way the Spurs played in Game 1. Because of this, Pop had the idea of pacing the offense, making it even faster in Game 2 to run the big 3 out of the building by putting the bench players out to make the pace really fast. In the end, it just bit Pop in the ass because we ended up making a ton of turnovers with that pace and the Heat made the most of it.

It all boils down to the same conclusion: that's why teams like the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors never make it into the finals... that fast paced play will never fly in the finals. You need to be really gritty on defense and take your time on each possession in order to make sure your teammates are there to box out for the rebound or able to get back on defense on time.

Agreed, we are not winning this series running at them. Some of the old schemes should come back to life, the 4 down, the double pick and roll, the in and out.
Hell, it may even be a better peace for Ginobil as he would be able to set better on his shots and or pases.
It probably takes a little away from Tony, but he has also suceeded in the slowest of paces.

Spur|n|Austin
06-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Damn I wish the game would just start already... it's all I can think about.

Yeah work will def drag ass tomorrow..

sammy
06-11-2013, 03:12 AM
Hell yeah Spurs will win game 3! Go Spurs Go!

biskvito
06-11-2013, 06:17 AM
yaaaaay
:huddle:

John B
06-11-2013, 06:38 AM

Agree. The blow-up should get them fired-up. I expect everyone ten notch tougher. Yeah that includes Splitter getting nationally, no universally humiliated. Hell I expect him to get 10+ boards and a couple of blocks and no less. La-Bron's picks on TP were aimed to hurt. Spurs should give the same every time he goes to the hole. He's one technical away. I bet he gets called one tonight and miss next and Spurs up 3-1. Then Heat are really behind their backs. It's time to get nasty. Hell this time I miss SJax. We need that Horry hip check shit. Bring in Mr Baynes I don't care. But we need an enforcer out there. This is the Finals. No holds bar.

therealtruth
06-11-2013, 06:48 AM
The Spurs need to get easier baskets. You can tell who will win a game by how they are scoring. The team that is getting more in rhythm and easier baskets usually wins. The team that is struggling to score and getting tougher baskets usually can't keep it up.

therealtruth
06-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Agree. The blow-up should get them fired-up. I expect everyone ten notch tougher. Yeah that includes Splitter getting nationally, no universally humiliated. Hell I expect him to get 10+ boards and a couple of blocks and no less. La-Bron's picks on TP were aimed to hurt. Spurs should give the same every time he goes to the hole. He's one technical away. I bet he gets called one tonight and miss next and Spurs up 3-1. Then Heat are really behind their backs. It's time to get nasty. Hell this time I miss SJax. We need that Horry hip check shit. Bring in Mr Baynes I don't care. But we need an enforcer out there. This is the Finals. No holds bar.

Splitter's lack of rebounding numbers is a little overrated considering our small forward is a very good rebounder.

skulls138
06-11-2013, 07:02 AM
The Spurs need to get easier baskets. You can tell who will win a game by how they are scoring. The team that is getting more in rhythm and easier baskets usually wins. The team that is struggling to score and getting tougher baskets usually can't keep it up.This. Forget about "hitting" shots if we aren't even going to make the effort to take it to the hole and at least get a foul, especially Duncan.

timtonymanurich
06-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Spurs 103 Miami 96 tonight. Book it.

timtonymanurich
06-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Anyone that chooses to panic, and chooses to think WE'RE now the 'desperate team' needs to go take a Midol and chill the F*** out. WE got this. Miami is a chariot-chasing team, and Pop will EXPOSE the chinks in their alleged armour. IT'S WHAT HE DOES.

BEST COACH >>>>> BEST PLAYER All day and 3X on Sunday.

Spurs in 6.

SpursDynasty21
06-11-2013, 08:45 AM
The Spurs turned the ball over a lot, and that led to some points for the Heat. The Spurs were in the game until late in the third quarter...despite the turnovers and the weak shooting.

Fpoonsie
06-11-2013, 08:47 AM
BEST COACH >>>>> BEST PLAYER All day and 3X on Sunday.

ROFL. No.

Spursmania
06-11-2013, 09:02 AM
I think not getting chippy with Miami plays in our favor.
Miami respects the Spurs as much as they disrespect every other team. Since Lebron got his ass kicked in 07, he knows a Championship team when he sees one. So they aren't acting as if its beneath them to play the Spurs the way they have against the other playoff teams.

Spurs have to be physical with them hell yeah. But forget the cheap shots, they have more assholes on their team than we do. That's not a war we want to play into.

beallionaire
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Spurs 103 Miami 96 tonight. Book it.

BOOM

timtonymanurich
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Uhm... YEP.

Prove me wrong.

Fpoonsie
06-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Uhm... YEP.

Prove me wrong.

2012. Durant>Pop
2011. Randolph>Pop
2010. Nash/Amare>Pop

...you want me to go on?

beallionaire
06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Uhm... YEP.

Prove me wrong.

i hope that you are proven right.

boutons_deux
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
All teams shoot poorly against good defenses.

MIA cranked up their defense, Spurs shot under 40%, Spurs defense crashed, MIA shot 50%+.

look_at_g_shred
06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Red Rocket bout to launch tonight! Book it!!

sexinthatsx
06-11-2013, 03:37 PM
the only way for Splitter to undo his universally humiliating blocked dunk is to do the same to Lebron, and maybe catch the block at the same time like Javale McGee's block and rebound.

Budkin
06-11-2013, 03:50 PM
No doubt we come to play tonight. They humiliated us and we're pissed.

Horry Hipcheck
06-11-2013, 05:20 PM
As much as I enjoy competitive Finals games, the Spurs really need to run them out of the building early. If this becomes too much of a back and forth battle, the Heat will see Game 2 as an indicator of the series and even a narrow loss in Game 3 won't demoralize them much. The Spurs need to deliver a haymaker to the jaw tonight.

soxxx
06-11-2013, 10:28 PM
period.