PDA

View Full Version : Would more Tmac PT be a panic move?

HtownFan(GoSpurs)
06-10-2013, 12:39 AM
this dude had more assists than Neal, Cojo, Green combined as well as more rebounds than Splitter & Diaw...all of them had major to decent minutes in the game except tmac, i dont think itll hurt us...plus his length can help defend, he even got a block today. just sayin...

baseline bum
06-10-2013, 12:42 AM
It would be a retard move. I'd play Bonner 40 minutes before playing McGrady 15 non garbage-time minutes.

Baam
06-10-2013, 12:44 AM
No I agree, either TMac or Boris have to play a big role to beat that defense. Maybe both.

Only these two can be possessed by the ghost of Robert Horry, no other player has the game to receive it.

davidbowie
06-10-2013, 12:45 AM
T Mac is terrible what is wrong with u

dbestpro
06-10-2013, 12:47 AM
TMac does not have a whistle so he is of no help.

baseline bum
06-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Only thing worse than McGrady getting minutes would be Chink in the Armor Lin tbh.

HtownFan(GoSpurs)
06-10-2013, 12:48 AM
T Mac is terrible what is wrong with u

Fair...but if he is terrible than what does that make Neal?

td4mvp2k
06-10-2013, 12:50 AM
It would be a retard move. I'd play Bonner 40 minutes before playing McGrady 15 non garbage-time minutes.

T Mac is terrible what is wrong with u:lol

baseline bum
06-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Fair...but if he is terrible than what does that make Neal?

Much much better

Agloco
06-10-2013, 12:57 AM
this dude had more assists than Neal, Cojo, Green combined as well as more rebounds than Splitter & Diaw...all of them had major to decent minutes in the game except tmac, i dont think itll hurt us...plus his length can help defend, he even got a block today. just sayin...

Heh.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 12:58 AM
TMac hasn't been able to score ONCE in garbage time. How would he help?

Man In Black
06-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Whatever confidence TMAC had can now only be applied when he plays in Asia. There....he's like Godzilla. Here....he's more like the Geico Gecko.

HtownFan(GoSpurs)
06-10-2013, 01:01 AM
TMac hasn't been able to score ONCE in garbage time. How would he help?

Not talking about so much in scoring (though i do believe if he had some decent minutes, he could score)...mainly talking about rebounds/passing wise, i feel he wont be that bad of an option now that he has gotten more practice under his belt.

timvp
06-10-2013, 01:02 AM
I'd rather play 5 on 4.

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:02 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/234/765/b7e.jpg

Baam
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Bonner is a scrub and always will be, Boris and TMac were once more than he could ever hope to be, we're desperate for some playmaking to take some pressure away from TP and Manu.

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:04 AM
I'd rather play 5 on 4.

I'd rather Baynes run point

Baam
06-10-2013, 01:06 AM
I'd rather Baynes run point

TMac is a much better playmaker than someone like Joseph or Neal who play PG for us, Manu can't handle the full responsability of the offense tbh.

td4mvp2k
06-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Not talking about so much in scoring (though i do believe if he had some decent minutes, he could score)...mainly talking about rebounds/passing wise, i feel he wont be that bad of an option now that he has gotten more practice under his belt.

it aint htown tmac bro

HtownFan(GoSpurs)
06-10-2013, 01:08 AM
it aint htown tmac bro

Fair

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:15 AM
TMac is a much better playmaker than someone like Joseph or Neal who play PG for us, Manu can't handle the full responsability of the offense tbh.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydla8oWew1qh2o7zo1_r1_500.gif

Please continue, I'm taking notes.

Baam
06-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Please continue, I'm taking notes.

Well if you think TMac doesn't pass the ball better than these two I don't know what to tell you, Pop has to do everything to make TP and Manu's life easier not the other way around, they don't even provide proper spacing if we're being honest.

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Well if you think TMac doesn't pass the ball better than these two I don't know what to tell you, Pop has to do everything to make TP and Manu's life easier not the other way around, they don't even provide proper spacing if we're being honest.

How many Qingdao Eagles games did you catch?

pikkiwoki
06-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Is a pig's pussy pork?

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 02:44 AM

I don't get the knee jerk on TMac. He's arguably the best passer on the team. We're not asking him to score buckets just help facilitate the offense. How can he be any worse than Ginobili/Neal was? Our offense was terrible and adding more 3pt shooters isn't the answer. Moving the ball better is. TP/Manu's passing games were off and that killed the offense.

baseline bum
06-10-2013, 02:57 AM
I don't get the knee jerk on TMac. He's arguably the best passer on the team. We're not asking him to score buckets just help facilitate the offense. How can he be any worse than Ginobili/Neal was? Our offense was terrible and adding more 3pt shooters isn't the answer. Moving the ball better is. TP/Manu's passing games were off and that killed the offense.

Serious question... have you watched a single minute of McGrady's time on the floor with the Spurs?

hater
06-10-2013, 03:00 AM
tmac sucks a big one. dude is terrible. I rather play baynes over him. fuck tmac pussies

Heath Ledger
06-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Tmac is doneeeeeeee... Pretty sad actually

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Serious question... have you watched a single minute of McGrady's time on the floor with the Spurs?

Yes. I've seen a guy at 6'8" who can handle the ball and make passes and his length allows him to get blocks on defense. We don't need him to move like Tony Parker. Just run the offense and get guys shots. In the 2000 WCF the Lakers were getting beaten by the Trailblazers and they were struggling on offense and to make passes and get the ball inside. PJ turned to Brian Shaw and he helped the team make those passes. That's what we need from TMac. Put him in the game and allow him to make passes our other guys were struggling to make. It will calm down the offense and then you can sub him out.

baseline bum
06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes. I've seen a guy at 6'8" who can handle the ball and make passes and his length allows him to get blocks on defense. We don't need him to move like Tony Parker. Just run the offense and get guys shots. In the 2000 WCF the Lakers were getting beaten by the Trailblazers and they were struggling on offense and to make passes and get the ball inside. PJ turned to Brian Shaw and he helped the team make those passes. That's what we need from TMac. Put him in the game and allow him to make passes our other guys were struggling to make. It will calm down the offense and then you can sub him out.

McGrady just flat out cannot run. He doesn't look like an NBA level athlete any more. If I didn't know his injury history I would think he was the laziest player in the league. I don't think he could even take Blair off the dribble any more, so I don't see where he's going to create any kind of offense with his passing. He looks like the worst Spurs player since Alfrederick Hughes. Every time he has been on the floor this postseason he has looked like he's moving at half the speed of anyone else. McGrady just looks so washed up. I'd be ecstatic to have him on the floor if he was Detroit McGrady or New York McGrady, but right now he looks nowhere close to the player he was with them even. I'd be floored if he got a minimum contract offer from anyone next season.

Spurs Brazil
06-10-2013, 05:18 PM

this

montgod
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM

This....
If anyone has watched him during his recent Spurs run, they would know you begin to cringe every time he touches the ball. He fumbles the ball and can't dribble, has no idea or is just lost with the offense, too lackadaisical and provides little to no effort, virtually looks embarrassed, bored, or too good to be coming off bench. It's sad but I would rather anyone else off Spurs bench out there besides him at this point.

Baam
06-19-2013, 03:15 AM
TMac and Bobo will do their part if given the opportunity, don't underestimate the heart of a champion.

We're desperate for someone who can drive and dish, that why the offense is so much better with Boris, TMac can't do worse than Manu, especially Manu without rest and who just played 35min. FACT.

CitizenDwayne
06-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Not happening.

Baam
06-19-2013, 03:17 AM
Well a tired Manu is gonna play like shit, you can take it to the bank.

CitizenDwayne
06-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Probably a safe bet, all things considered.

But, my opinion aside, there's absolutely nothing to indicate Popovich would even consider giving McGrady big minutes.

poop
06-19-2013, 03:42 AM
How could he possibly do worse than manu at this point?

Baam
06-19-2013, 05:35 AM
I firmly believe he's gonna play.

Pop has to pull another playmaker out of his ass and the man for the job is TMac.

It's him or more Neal and Neal, while not quite as terrible as MAnu, must have single digit assists for the series and gets trapped too easily.

Heath Ledger
07-15-2013, 04:59 PM
He's only still in this league because of teams and coaches hoping and praying they can see some of the Mc Grady of old. He is out of gas. It's pretty sad to watch this one time stud play at his current level. I was always T-Mac fan some dudes just don't know when to hang up their sneakers. And sadly I fear he will be more remembered as a guy who should have retired before sqeaking out his last 3-4 years in the league.

illusioNtEk
07-15-2013, 05:05 PM
He's only still in this league because of teams and coaches hoping and praying they can see some of the Mc Grady of old. He is out of gas. It's pretty sad to watch this one time stud play at his current level. I was always T-Mac fan some dudes just don't know when to hang up their sneakers. And sadly I fear he will be more remembered as a guy who should have retired before sqeaking out his last 3-4 years in the league.

why bring up an old ass thread?

Heath Ledger
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Get back to me when you have at least 160 posts....