PDA

View Full Version : Miami's spacing issues..

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2013, 12:56 AM
I haven't ran the advanced offensive numbers, but just looking at the basic data and the eye test, the Heat have had a lot more success running lineups with Lebron + shooters, rather than their starting lineup, or even their Lebron/Wade combination..

Through the first 2 games, when the Heat have a lineup with Wade and Haslem on the floor, they are -5..when they have ran any lineup with Wade and Lebron on the floor together, they are -6..

When the Heat run a lineup with Lebron on the floor without Wade and Haslem, the Heat are +28 through the first 2 games..I excluded the numbers against the Spurs scrubs, obviously, I stopped running them once Pop subbed in T-Mac and the rest with 8-9 minutes in the 4th..

An interesting note is that Duncan has been noticeably worse with Haslem on the floor, he's shooting 3-16 in those minutes, although a lot of that has been due to Duncan himself, tbh..if this trend continues, it will hurt the Spurs offense, but having Haslem on the floor will negatively affect Miami's offense just as much, tbh..

The Heat's spacing has been killed with Wade and Haslem on the floor, and James's offense has been severely affected with no room to operate and the Spurs bigs shading over against him..

The Spurs have struggled against Miami's spacing..how do you adjust, if Spoelstra notices their offensive improvement without Wade and Haslem on the floor?..

2centsworth
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I haven't ran the advanced offensive numbers, but just looking at the basic data and the eye test, the Heat have had a lot more success running lineups with Lebron + shooters, rather than their starting lineup, or even their Lebron/Wade combination..

Through the first 2 games, when the Heat have a lineup with Wade and Haslem on the floor, they are -5..when they have ran any lineup with Wade and Lebron on the floor together, they are -6..

When the Heat run a lineup with Lebron on the floor without Wade and Haslem, the Heat are +28 through the first 2 games..I excluded the numbers against the Spurs scrubs, obviously, I stopped running them once Pop subbed in T-Mac and the rest with 8-9 minutes in the 4th..

An interesting note is that Duncan has been noticeably worse with Haslem on the floor, he's shooting 3-16 in those minutes, although a lot of that has been due to Duncan himself, tbh..if this trend continues, it will hurt the Spurs offense, but having Haslem on the floor will negatively affect Miami's offense just as much, tbh..

The Heat's spacing has been killed with Wade and Haslem on the floor, and James's offense has been severely affected with no room to operate and the Spurs bigs shading over against him..

The Spurs have struggled against Miami's spacing..how do you adjust, if Spoelstra notices their offensive improvement without Wade and Haslem on the floor?..

Our bigs have got to make Miami pay down low and we need to close out on the shooters in sets without Wade. When Wade is in mix double off him on Lebron. That's when that type of defense has been most effective.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Lebron with Wade on the floor is 7-20 from the field with 8 assists/3 turnovers..

Lebron without Wade is 6-12 from the field with 8 assists/1 turnover..

Small sample size, though(excluding numbers once the Spurs scrubs entered the game)..

2centsworth
06-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Lebron with Wade on the floor is 7-20 from the field with 8 assists/3 turnovers..

Lebron without Wade is 6-12 from the field with 8 assists/1 turnover..

Small sample size, though(excluding numbers once the Spurs scrubs entered the game)..

Appreciate you putting into numbers what I can see with my own eyes. It's Spo's adjustment that was discussed at length. You must hit jumpers at a high clip to beat the Spurs, 2011 with Bonner as our center aside.

What will be interesting is if the Spurs make an adjustment to slow down Bron passing to shooters, will Spo go back to Standard Bron and Wade or is he ready with an in game adjustment?

Has the potential to be one hell of a series.