PDA

View Full Version : Bonner's minutes cut, will Neal go the same route?

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I see Pop has trimmed the fat from the frontline by cutting off Bonner's minutes but we're in a catch-22 position with Neal. He's given us horrible minutes on both ends throughout these playoffs but who else do we have to turn to as a guard off the bench...other than Manu, who we MUST play no matter what because he's freaking Manu? TMAC isn't an option with good reason and CoJo doesn't stand a chance against Miami's regular rotation. Do we try Nando DeComplainer? He acquitted himself well against Miami earlier this season and while his defense sucks, it can't be any worse than Neal's D. Ball movement would certainly be better with him. Still, that isn't an ideal option, either because he's been inactive for way too long to trust at this stage. So, it would seem like we're damned if we do and damned if we don't with Neal...unless Pop's just had about enough of him?

Brutalis
06-10-2013, 01:06 AM
So who the fuck do we play in place of Neal? Hummmm?

Give Manu more minutes?? Scary shit right there.

Agloco
06-10-2013, 01:11 AM
You either play Neal in his natural position or don't bother. Trying to use him in as the point is just asinine. It just setting him up for failure. Play CoJo 7-10minutes to give Tony and Manu a blow then.

crc21209
06-10-2013, 01:12 AM
The one option he could try is giving Joseph Neal's minutes. Joseph won't bring the offense Neal can but he also won't make the stupid mistakes on D that Neal does. Like I've said about a thousand times, you can only put Neal out there when Cole is out there. If he gets put on Miller, Allen, or Battier, he'll sag in the paint and these guys get wide open looks from 3. At least Cole isnt automatic points from 3...

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:17 AM
So who the fuck do we play in place of Neal? Hummmm?

Give Manu more minutes?? Scary shit right there.

I've racked my brain about it, too but how much longer can the team afford to have him stink it up out there? This isn't just a knee jerk reaction. He's had a subpar playoff run, period. He's shooting around 35% and 24% from three after 16 games, which is just miserable from one of your main shooters off the bench. And that's just offense, I don't need to get into how ineffective he's been on defense. I know we have no other choice but to play him but can we still manage to successfully reduce his playing time and still get a boost from the bench?

HEBsteaks
06-10-2013, 01:24 AM
As I said in another thread. I think CoJo>Neal in every area. Yes, including offense. There's more to offense than 3s, including running the offense, passing, getting open/spacing, loose ball effort. Plus CoJo has a good jumper along with doing a good job attacking the paint. I say CoJo gets all of Neals minutes in the 1st Q, and as long as he plays well, he keeps playing.

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Neal's fine, not the problem. We don't win when all 3 of the big guys play like shit, like tonight. Wake me up when all 3 play well and we lose because of Neal, but all this talk is so stupid after Duncan, Parker, Manu shot 10/33 with 8 turnovers while the rest of the team was 22/45 with 8.

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Neal's fine, not the problem. We don't win when all 3 of the big guys play like shit, like tonight. Wake me up when all 3 play well and we lose because of Neal, but all this talk is so stupid after Duncan, Parker, Manu shot 10/33 with 8 turnovers while the rest of the team was 22/45 with 8.

Agree with your point about The Big 3 but in what fantasy world is a 35% FG and 24% three point percentage "fine" and not a problem? THAT seems like stupid talk.

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Agree with your point about The Big 3 but in what fantasy world is a 35% FG and 24% three point percentage "fine" and not a problem? THAT seems like stupid talk.

We won game 1 on the road, no? And now we have homecourt? End of the rotation guys have much smaller impact on the series, whether its Cole or Neal, most likely wont be the determinate factor.

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:49 AM
We won game 1 on the road, no? And now we have homecourt? End of the rotation guys have much smaller impact on the series, whether its Cole or Neal, most likely wont be the determinate factor.

We can't ever underestimate the impact of any minutes from a player in a close game, even if he's an end of the rotation guy. But even if we do, an end of the rotation guy who's shot poorly for a long stretch should not have more field goal attempts in a game in the NBA Finals than the third part of your Big Three. Just saying...

KaiRMD1
06-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Neal was a fuckin' moron tonight and in game 1. Don't understand why he gets the minutes he does but when he becomes a chucker, he is the other team's best friend.

AchillesHeel
06-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Give T-Mac some minutes already