PDA

View Full Version : Before this Finals began, if someone had told you that the Spurs would be 1-1.....

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Before this Finals began, if someone had told you that the Spurs would be 1-1 as the series headed to San Antonio, having achieved a split of the first two games at Miami, and now having home-court advantage, wouldn't you have thought it a good scenario?

cd98
06-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Yes. But if you told me that game two would be a blowout and that the Big Three would walk off the court looking defeated, I'd still be worried.

This next game is going to be big (every game in the finals is big...). We need to prove game 1 wasn't a fluke.

Miami's supporting cast played like crap on the road against Indiana. Hopefully the same will happen in SA for three straight games.

TampaDude
06-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Miami's supporting cast played like crap on the road against Indiana. Hopefully the same will happen in SA for three straight games.

Yup...Game 3 will be the first home game for the Spurs in almost 3 weeks...home sweet home will do wonders for the Spurs, just watch. We got this!

DeadlyDynasty
06-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Before this Finals began, if someone had told you Manu would look like Tucker from There's Something About Mary, would you have thought it a good scenario?

TampaDude
06-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Before this Finals began, if someone had told you Manu would look like Tucker from There's Something About Mary, would you have thought it a good scenario?

:lol

SupremeGuy
06-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I think we're in a better situation now than we were in going into game 3 versus GS. People need to stop freaking out.

spurspokesman
06-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Our spurs did everything we could of asked for in splitting the first two games in Miami. Unfortunately this 2-3-2 BS forces us to win out at home or win another in mia which im confident we can do. At the least we need to go back to mia up 3-2

bklynspursfan
06-10-2013, 08:15 AM

If I recall that movie correctly, Tucker was really a pizza delivery guy not some handicapped dude. I expect the same from Manu, he'll deliver the goods & shock everyone

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-10-2013, 08:31 AM
I think we're in a better situation now than we were in going into game 3 versus GS. People need to stop freaking out.

This.

Spurs were 1-1 against the Warriors after two games at home. Right now the Spurs are 1-1 after two games on the road.

The Spurs needed a far more improbable comeback to defeat the Warriors in Game 1 than they did in Game 1 against the Heat.

Prime Time
06-10-2013, 08:47 AM

It goes both ways. Our guys usually shoot MUCH better at home.

SenorSpur
06-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Before this Finals began, if someone had told you that the Spurs would be 1-1 as the series headed to San Antonio, having achieved a split of the first two games at Miami, and now having home-court advantage, wouldn't you have thought it a good scenario?

Absolutely!

It seems that the Heat are more susceptible to dramatic emotional swings than the Spurs, as evidenced by all their howling and chest-beating on Sunday night. I would only worry that now they have some momentum and added confidence as they head to S.A. If you can get them down and keep them down, I believe the Heat will begin to implode from within.

UZER
06-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Absolutely!

It seems that the Heat are more susceptible to dramatic emotional swings than the Spurs, as evidenced by all their howling and chest-beating on Sunday night. I would only worry that now they have some momentum and added confidence as they head to S.A. If you can get them down and keep them down, I believe the Heat will begin to implode from within.

they were on the verge of imploding during game 2. The spurs had them on the ropes, then Spoelstra subbed in Manu and they took control.

Fabbs
06-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Yep. 1-1 is okay.
Danny Green 6-6 fgs, 5-5 fts.

Need an offensive strategy that goes beyond duh uh Tony dribbles it 14 times then dumps it off to Tim.

dbreiden83080
06-10-2013, 09:35 AM
1-1 is a great spot to be in.. However A loss is fine but a blowout loss where some major adjustments were made is different. Spurs have survived this in the past like in 05 with Detroit they went from blowing them out in games 1 and 2 to getting blown out in games 3 and 4, won the series in 7. We are going to see what this team is made of.. All year long they have responded and they have to do it again..

bklynspursfan
06-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Miami never won back 2 back games against the Pacers. Let's hope that trend continues (not counting the first 2 series for obvious reasons)

GrandeDavid
06-10-2013, 09:37 AM

I agree with you and I think its terrific, if not almost necessary they got the split. The truth be told, however, I'd still be nervous had the Spurs won the first two in Miami just because of the team Miami is. They are capable of randomly wreaking havoc in transition and winning in any venue. Then again, the Spurs can also win anyplace. Truth be told, I almost feel that this is a series of seven games almost on a neutral court. But, yes, I'm definitely happy they've already scored one win in the series early for the good guys!

Skull-1
06-10-2013, 09:53 AM
they were on the verge of imploding during game 2. The spurs had them on the ropes, then Spoelstra subbed in Manu and they took control.And one! (Totally agree and LOL, too!)

OldSilentHill
06-10-2013, 10:07 AM
they were on the verge of imploding during game 2. The spurs had them on the ropes, then Spoelstra subbed in Manu and they took control.

This.

dallasmaverickslose
06-10-2013, 10:09 AM
On Spurstalk, unless we're winning every single one of our games, it seems like everyone is ready to fire Pop, fire RC, and blow up the entire friggen team. SMH

Budkin
06-10-2013, 10:22 AM

well played sir.

LarryDavid
06-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Before this Finals began, if someone had told you that Manu Ginobili's shooting percentage of .353% is higher than Tim Duncan's as the series headed to San Antonio, wouldn't you have thought it a good scenario?

EVAY
06-10-2013, 03:04 PM
On Spurstalk, unless we're winning every single one of our games, it seems like everyone is ready to fire Pop, fire RC, and blow up the entire friggen team. SMH

no kidding.

Prime Time
06-10-2013, 03:05 PM
:lol@ Anyone who is bringing up stats. I know the Big 3 are playing like shit, but Spurs are 1-1. NOTHING else matters, Everything before hand is in the books. I'll gladly take 1-1 in the finals against Miami any day of the week

ducks
06-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I am ok with it. I would rather they got their butts kicked then loss by 5 yesterday
Their helds got to big and thought the heat would be easy and now they know they have a series.
GO SPURS GO

TrainOfThought5
06-10-2013, 03:08 PM

8/10

DesignatedT
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Manu said the same thing in the press conference. 20 pt loss, 1 pt loss it doesn't matter. We all would have took a split.

EVAY
06-10-2013, 03:11 PM

I still think it is a good scenario. We may not win this series. But if we do, we will still probably lose more than one game. Good heavens, Miami is a very very very good basketball team. Why should anyone be surprised that they got back into the series on their home court?

Yes, Miami is very emotional. Yes, when they win they act like they have just won WWIII. But they get down and lackadaisical as easily as they get cocky and focused.

I am willing to say that in a 7 game series, the first team to 4 wins is the better team. I hope that is us. But it might be the other guys. I will hate it if that is the case, but if they win three of the next five games, I'm gonna have to give them credit. It doesn't mean that we are bad or that any of our big three are terrible, or that any of our role players are terrible. It just might mean that we were the 2nd best team in the NBA in 2013.

But I still think we can win. It won't be pretty. It won't be fast. And if we do win, it won't mean that Miami is over-rated or that we are the best team in the history of the NBA. It will mean that the SPUS were the best basketball team in the NBA in 2013.

Really, guys, that's just about all there is to this.

spurraider21
06-10-2013, 03:14 PM
i don't think anybody on this forum realistically had us going up 2-0 in Miami :lol

we just got hopeful since we took game 1, that it was THEN conceivable to go up 2-0, so now everybody is disappointed. my best guess is the spurs take 2 of 3 at home. and once we lose that ONE game, ST will erupt again

TJastal
06-10-2013, 03:16 PM
If I recall that movie correctly, Tucker was really a pizza delivery guy not some handicapped dude. I expect the same from Manu, he'll deliver the goods & shock everyone

That's how you deal with laker trolls that can't even get their smack talk right. Bitchslap em right back in their face. I have this feeling Manu will re-focus and come out playing the best basketball of his life over the next 3 games.

LarryDavid
06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I am willing to say that in a 7 game series, the first team to 4 wins is the better team.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33336016.jpg

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I still think it is a good scenario. We may not win this series. But if we do, we will still probably lose more than one game. Good heavens, Miami is a very very very good basketball team. Why should anyone be surprised that they got back into the series on their home court?

Yes, Miami is very emotional. Yes, when they win they act like they have just won WWIII. But they get down and lackadaisical as easily as they get cocky and focused.

I am willing to say that in a 7 game series, the first team to 4 wins is the better team. I hope that is us. But it might be the other guys. I will hate it if that is the case, but if they win three of the next five games, I'm gonna have to give them credit. It doesn't mean that we are bad or that any of our big three are terrible, or that any of our role players are terrible. It just might mean that we were the 2nd best team in the NBA in 2013.

But I still think we can win. It won't be pretty. It won't be fast. And if we do win, it won't mean that Miami is over-rated or that we are the best team in the history of the NBA. It will mean that the SPUS were the best basketball team in the NBA in 2013.

Really, guys, that's just about all there is to this.

I have no problem acknowledging that the Heat are or may be the better team. I just hope the Spurs beat the better team.

TheGreatYacht
06-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Just remember this. Jeff McDonald - "In 2-3-2 series tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has won 11 of 12 series."

The Spurs have to win Game 3. Game 3 is the most important game of the seires. If the Spurs lose Game 3, then they lose home court advantage and the series is pretty much over no matter how many games it goes to. So yeah, the Spurs better fight for their lives and play with urgency and a lot of energy on defense, just like the Heat did on Game 2.

boutons_deux
06-10-2013, 03:45 PM
"Game 3 is the most important game of the seires"

2nd in importance to Game2, where Spurs could have come home 2-0 with 3 chances to take 2 more, and finish on their home court.

TheGreatYacht
06-10-2013, 03:52 PM
"Game 3 is the most important game of the seires"

2nd in importance to Game2, where Spurs could have come home 2-0 with 3 chances to take 2 more, and finish on their home court.

Hey if it were up to me, I would say that every single game is a "must win" but winning three straight games on this 2-3-2 format is difficult to achieve. The only teams to have ever won all three home games in the 2-3-2 format are the 1991 Chicago Bulls, the 2004 Detroit Pistons, and the Miami Heat last year. I think the Spurs are capable of doing so if the refs don't interfere the let the game play their course.

Every game is important but certain games become "must wins" depending on the circumstances. For instance, if the Spurs win Game 3 then that means that Game 5 will become the "must win." The reason I think all this is because the Heat have yet to lose consecutive games in these playoffs just like the Spurs.

pikkiwoki
06-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey if it were up to me, I would say that every single game is a "must win" but winning three straight games on this 2-3-2 format is difficult to achieve. The only teams to have ever won all three home games in the 2-3-2 format are the 1991 Chicago Bulls, the 2004 Detroit Pistons, and the Miami Heat last year.

Also the 2006 Miami Heat

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
The way I see it, the odd-numbered games tend to be the most important.

Game 1: Seize a 1-0 series lead.

Game 3: Get a 2-1 series lead. (If you lost Game 2)

Game 5: Get a 3-2 series lead (if you lost Game 4)

Of course, winning Games 2 or 4 could drastically alter the importance of an upcoming game. But overall I think Games 1, 3 and 5 are vital to the series outcome.

There's also Game 7, too, of course.

therealtruth
06-10-2013, 06:18 PM

That's why the loss was so damaging. The Spurs could have virtually won the series with a game 2 win. Now the Heat's confidence is at an all time high.

#1spursfanNvegas
06-10-2013, 07:58 PM
i totally agree.. 1-1 going home is 100x better than 0-2 going home. if other "fans" here in ST are freaking out coz we couldn't get the 2-0, imagine if we did go down 0-2.

our team needs all of us now more than ever. lets show we support and believe in them all the way.

GO. SPURS. GO.

TXstbobcat
06-10-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm happy with the split on the road. Game 2 was 1 game. Spurs will bounce back for game 3.