PDA

View Full Version : We lose one game and you're all ready to crucify Pop

dallasmaverickslose
06-10-2013, 10:05 AM
This fan base sometimes... Smh.

Yeah I'm pissed that Pop didn't call a timeout during the massacre and I'm pissed he played Neal the entire game. But come on guys, I've seen a few idiots here posting crap like its time to fire pop. Chill the hell out.

You know, he kind of was the head coach when we won game 1. So how about you all calm the hell down and take it one game at a time. Yeah this loss sucks big time, but we did what we were supposed to, which is to win a game in Miami and steal HC advantage. I want to see the look on all you cliff jumpers faces if we win out at home. Time to believe and stop trashing this entire game after one loss. I know they have enough in the tank to strike back. Lets rally behind our team.

dallasmaverickslose
06-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I forgot to mention that you're also ready to crucify the big 3.

Prime Time
06-10-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't think anyone is really panicking just quite yet (Other than Timvp, But he's basically been a baby this post season). Just frustrated.... The Big 3 missed a lot of makeable shots (Most notably Duncan) The three of them combined had 27pts................. and not one of them shot over 36%. So Yeah, Most of us are probably just frustrated. I just hope the Big 3 come out and deliver the goods tomorrow..ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE; Spurs were due for one horrible game. So I'm glad it was Game 2, Now time to respond. :flag:

DarrinS
06-10-2013, 10:34 AM
I forgot to mention that you're also ready to crucify the big 3.

They deserve the criticism.

Keepin' it real
06-10-2013, 10:34 AM
We lose one game and you're all ready to crucify Pop

That's to be expected. You realize that about 99% of the "Spurs fans" on this forum are:

Angry about their pathetic lives, and they take it out on their favorite team and fellow fans
No-talent hacks who nevertheless think they know better and can do better than the best and the brightest
The whiniest of whiny bitches :blah. Judging only by the immaturity and EMO nature of their posts, you'd think most forum members were teenage girls.

The Joker once said, "This town deserves a better class of criminal." Likewise, this team deserves a better class of fans.

boutons_deux
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM
When Pop makes bonehead rotations, plays Neal, doesn't have defenders stay with perim shooters, he deserves it.

dallasmaverickslose
06-10-2013, 10:37 AM
That's to be expected. You realize that about 99% of the "Spurs fans" on this forum are:

Angry about their pathetic lives, and they take it out on their favorite team and fellow fans
No-talent hacks who nevertheless think they know better and can do better than the best and the brightest
The whiniest of whiny bitches :blah. Judging only by the immaturity and EMO nature of their posts, you'd think most forum members were teenage girls.

The Joker once said, "This town deserves a better class of criminal." Likewise, this team deserves a better class of fans.

I've gotten give an amen on your joker quote. Kinda wish our fan base was a little more appreciative, like the Golden State Fans.

DarrinS
06-10-2013, 10:43 AM
If LBJ can play 40 minutes a game, so can KL and DG.

dallasmaverickslose
06-10-2013, 10:45 AM
If LBJ can play 40 minutes a game, so can KL and DG.

I do wish we played Green more minutes and have him more touches. I will say that. That guy was on FIRE.

DarrinS
06-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I do wish we played Green more minutes and have him more touches. I will say that. That guy was on FIRE.

When Pop sat him toward the end of the 3rd is when the wheel fell off and MIA went on that big run.

dallasmaverickslose
06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
When Pop sat him toward the end of the 3rd is when the wheel fell off and MIA went on that big run.

I think instead of giving Neal all this minutes, we should have played Green a little more and then have Cory Joseph step in for some relief minutes.

TampaDude
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
WERD...it's like some folks aren't happy unless the Spurs go 98-0. It's ONE FUCKING GAME...on the ROAD...relax...the Spurs will be fine. This Spurs team is too good, too deep, and too experienced to go out like a bunch of punks. They GOT THE SPLIT in Miami, have HCA, and have a chance to win this series in 5.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Fabbs
06-10-2013, 11:46 AM
you're progressing.

DarrinS
06-10-2013, 12:08 PM
WERD...it's like some folks aren't happy unless the Spurs go 98-0. It's ONE FUCKING GAME...on the ROAD...relax...the Spurs will be fine. This Spurs team is too good, too deep, and too experienced to go out like a bunch of punks. They GOT THE SPLIT in Miami, have HCA, and have a chance to win this series in 5.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

I know it's one game, but Pop needs to go "all in" for game 3. DG and KL may need to play 40 min.

And, hopefully Tim is pissed.

spurspokesman
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Yup. For christ sakes we stole the very 1st game, and i guess some of you thought we would sweep miami lol.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 12:46 PM
TTM lost the game, not Pop. But they'll be back in full force tomorrow. Book it.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-10-2013, 12:50 PM
I was upset, but of course I don't want Pop fired, he's a legend. I was just frustrated because Kawhi and Green kept the team in the game, and the big three sucked, but I had a good feeling they'd take over in the 4th quarter. But because Pope took both those players out too early and put in Neal who literally immediately gave up like 10 straight points by himself, we never got a chance to see what the big three could do in the 4th quarter. It was just frustrating to see that happen again. Everyone realized Miami was tired, LeBron lost his legs, we all saw Green swat him. When your team isn't tired and your opponents are, that's not the time to focus on offense, that's the time to focus on defense. On a side note, you could see how visibly upset Neal is. When someone gets that visibly upset, that usually leads to forced plays resulting in bad shots and bad turnovers, and we saw the bad turnovers last night.

beallionaire
06-10-2013, 02:49 PM

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

^^ WORD!

hommeaetage
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Some of you guys don't get it. Nobody wants Pop to be gone; he's a legendary coach! What was frustrating is, as a legendary coach he should know better. Those subs last night late in the 3rd totally changed the complexion of the game (a game I had no doubt they had a chance to pull out). How many times have we seen the big 3 sucked over the years only to take over in the 4th quarter and bring the team the W? Last night pop's rotation never gave them that chance, and this is where i blame him

TheGreatYacht
06-10-2013, 03:46 PM
This fan base sometimes... Smh.

Yeah I'm pissed that Pop didn't call a timeout during the massacre and I'm pissed he played Neal the entire game. But come on guys, I've seen a few idiots here posting crap like its time to fire pop. Chill the hell out.

You know, he kind of was the head coach when we won game 1. So how about you all calm the hell down and take it one game at a time. Yeah this loss sucks big time, but we did what we were supposed to, which is to win a game in Miami and steal HC advantage. I want to see the look on all you cliff jumpers faces if we win out at home. Time to believe and stop trashing this entire game after one loss. I know they have enough in the tank to strike back. Lets rally behind our team.If our big 3, especially Manu would have came into the game and did their usual thing then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. We might have still loss because of our pathetic defense but the game would have been much closer. Give credit to the Heat defense because when their lives are on the line and they play with so much energy and urgency, it is hard to beat them. The way they pressure on defense is incredible.

sammy
06-10-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm angry at Pop for not calling a timeout! He waited too long to call a timeout until the lead went up to 15 points and more! he shouldve called timeout as they were playing erratic & turning over the ball too much! They needed that timeout to calm down, but No he waits and it's too late so i blame this loss on Pop! He also pulled Green who was on fire , took out Duncan & left Neal in the game as he's a defensive liability! I don't want Pop fired but we are allowed to criticize him when he makes mistakes! They will play better tomorrow, but damn what a wasted opprtunity! We could've been up 2-0!

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Pop has a tendency to sit down the hot hand no matter what the situation is. He also has a tendency to play Gary Neal extended minutes even though he hasn't earned it at all this post season. He also has a tendency not to coach unless its garbage time. Sure its a good strategy when we win the game but when we lose these flaws stick out. The same stuff happened in game 1 but we won so nobody cared now that we lost we decide to bring it up.

I don't know what he needs to do to make it clear but when you're open shoot the damn ball, (BORIS DIAW) he needs to slap some motherfuckers around to get them to play hard. There should be no method to anything for this series, play hard for the duration of the game and win. This is the Finals!!! Danny Green was on fire, "oh well, let him sit and get cold so we can bring in Manu to turn the ball over". Gary Neal needs defensive fundamental lessons from the high school level up.