PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: How far will they go next season?

StrengthAndHonor
06-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Its fun ruffling some feathers. Call it a prediction thread.

The Lakers are due for a comeback after a tumultuous season. This year, they were broken, had on and off court issues and their legendary owner died. This season was ominous.

Assuming Howard comes back, they appear to have one of the best front line when healthy. (Howard, Hill, Clark) Nash may have one more fruitful season left and under a full training camp without Kobe, they could probably make some noise and finally run the whole D'Antoni thing.

Gasol is also a huge trading asset. He may very well bring some younger talent(s) to LA. It was rumored LA doesn't want to bring any additional contracts after this year, but seeing they're desperate to get back in contention, I could see them acquiring unnecessary contracts to appease Dwight.

D'Antoni appears to be staying. so its a good indication they are going for more foot speed and shooters.

I have the Lakers winning 56 games and a second round exit, with Dwight playing the second best basketball of his career.

Mori Chu
06-10-2013, 09:01 PM
They will miss the playoffs. Easy call honestly.

Rogue
06-11-2013, 01:26 AM
The team ain't going nowhere with _'antoni staying. dude was an awful fit to this team in the first place.

Splits
06-11-2013, 01:34 AM
Duh-white comes back, Kirby plays, 50 wins, 2nd round exit

Duh-white bolts, they use disabled player exception on Kobe to start the rebuild, he sits out the season, miss playoffs, reload for 2015 and sign Kirby for another year or two.

L:lolker fan should hope for option 2.

Arcadian
06-11-2013, 01:44 AM
None of the fucking above.

They won't be "tanking" - they'll be trying to make the playoffs - and they'll either fail to do so, or sneak in again and get knocked out in round 1. :lol Faggots.

AchillesHeel
06-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Achilles will come back early and tear his ACL, Lakers tank for Wiggins, have the 4th worst record but somehow win the lottery, Achilles will be dancing at the lotto because he gets to be a robin again.

Thebesteva
06-11-2013, 02:22 AM
I guarantee you next year is going to be 'that year' that Laker fans explode and demand Jim Buss' head on a stick. I guarantee and am willing to bet on it that they suck dick even more so than this year, and Kobe plays a few games and 'reinjures' himself and calls it a career.

I have no idea wtf is gonna happen after that. It's gonna take 4-5 years to get back on track if we're lucky.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
9th seed - not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough for Wiggins or Parker....

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Achilles will come back early and tear his ACL.

You know, I also believe this is another scenario. Kobe's dead set in returning on opening night. He's 35 and achilles (full tear not partial) takes at least 9 months generally. If he is back Novemeber or even December, I expect him to injure the same tendon and officially end his career in 2014.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Howard may actually return to form next year and D'Antoni will do what he does best, ride his star into the ground during the regular season. Nash is toast, and Kobe won't be much help either if he even makes it back on the floor before next spring. Gasol, if healthy, will get showcased in the first half of season so he might be a happy camper getting more touches and up his production and there's a good chance they can move him out for some quality pieces at the deadline.

They'll make the playoffs, but not in the top four. Maybe the guys they ship Gasol for will help them finish strong and they take a 5 or 6 seed. Or they'll limp in again through the combination of borderline small market teams opting to tank while D'Antoni pushes his starters like his job depends on it. Bounced in the first round again. They'll fire Pringles one year too late after the huge wave of vacancies in this off season will claim the best and brightest of the assistants around the league who have been waiting on a chance, so they'll probably end up with one of the guys who got fired this year.