PDA

View Full Version : Can, will the home crowd make a difference in Games 3 4 and 5?

Fabbs
06-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Those able to attend.
Will you rock the Heats ears til they beg to go back to Miami?

In a close game, can you be a difference maker?

TheGoldStandard
06-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Home Crowd will have very little to do with it, depends on if the home team makes shots and imposes there will.

RD2191
06-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Is there a prime MJ in the stands waiting to suit up for the Spurs? If so, then maybe.

06-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Is there a prime MJ in the stands waiting to suit up for the Spurs? If so, then maybe.

Fabbs
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Put down / digest your burritos and make some noise San Antone!

Spursmania
06-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Hell Yeah! Crowd will be awesome tonight for the Spurs. And Everybody loves to hate on Miami!

z0sa
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Crowd will be crazy, guaranteed.

dg7md
06-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Yes. The crowd definitely helps the roleplayers on our team which are valuable to a victory.

Do you think the Heat would have won as much as they did, hit as many shots as they did, if their crowd wasn't as loud as they were? That crowd inspires hero ball and takes hesitation out of players which will lead to insane buckets going in.

If the Spurs want to win this series, I truly think they need to win all 3 at home.

kaji157
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
If they donīt, itīs probably Manuīs fault.

DOS CHAINZ
06-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Its up to the COYOTE

silverblk mystix
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
I will arrive around half-time...spend the half-time and third qtr on my smartphone...and watch the coyote during the first four minutes of the 4th qtr...

then use my smartphone again...

around 3 min left in regulation I will do the wave...

then I will bitch about the Spurs lack of energy unless they pull off a win. Thanks!

ShoogarBear
06-11-2013, 09:53 AM

I'm ready, coach, put me in!

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Crowd will make a difference, GSG!

Libri
06-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Hell Yeah! Crowd will be awesome tonight for the Spurs. And Everybody loves to hate on Miami!

Interesting paradox.

LarryDavid
06-11-2013, 01:31 PM
The crowd will be 70-30 split between Spurs and Heat fans.

Creation88
06-11-2013, 01:38 PM
i seriously doubt the crowd will go a long way in determining the game. i'd like to think we do but i doubt it. we're not the ones turning it over...but i can see how the crowd can motivate the guys. why else do teams have a better home record than away?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-11-2013, 01:39 PM
On the one hand, there's no denying that home-court advantage exists and is a real thing.

On the other hand, both the Spurs and Heat players have probably played hundreds of road games. I don't see why they would be particularly fazed.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-11-2013, 02:05 PM
the crowd will rock! the spurs will win! no homer!

Budkin
06-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Without a doubt... hungry for a game and it's the Finals... been too long.

davidbowie
06-11-2013, 03:10 PM
im gonna throw a shit balloon at lebron

mexpurs21
06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Ima be as loud as I can in game 4, and hope to see fewer LeBron fanboys than in the regular season.

Fabbs
06-11-2013, 04:48 PM
In addition to players being human and generally speaking responding better to a home crowd, someone did a study of sorts (no link, sorry), that said refs* being human can tend be influenced by the crowd and favor the home team.
*Not paid off refs but fair refs.

Lets unite Polly Anna Poppers and Realists, multitrolls and board members with one account, attention whores and shy types, everyone.....
If you are able to attend, rock the joint!

12-1 is the history of teams in 1-1 series that take Game 3.

Blake and Chumpy, if you could rattle your earings.
Kool Aids Gal give even louder grunts then usual when you're taking it in the aisle.
T_Park shake your seat off its hinges.
Kori Ellis take all 4 of your screaming (screaming ability) kids. Make that all 5 of them.

Bring this Championship home again!

ErnestLynch
06-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Question is can Tim Duncan make enough of a difference because in the end, that's STILL what it comes down to. Not Parker, Timmy. As good as Tony is, guards don't win titles. BIG MEN win titles. Timmy and Splitter gotta show up, big time.

Horry Hipcheck
06-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Spurs home crowds tend to be weak in the face of unfavorable odds, and after the spanking the Heat administered late in Game 2, I wouldn't be shocked to see a tame home crowd unless the Spurs show signs of life throughout. If they hit big shots in the third and fourth, the AT&T Center will be electric.

FromWayDowntown
06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Spurs home crowds tend to be weak in the face of unfavorable odds, and after the spanking the Heat administered late in Game 2, I wouldn't be shocked to see a tame home crowd unless the Spurs show signs of life throughout. If they hit big shots in the third and fourth, the AT&T Center will be electric.

The crowd for Game 5 of Spurs/Warriors is about the best AT&T Center crowd we've had all season (and probably over the last several seasons). I think that was true in part because the Spurs had reclaimed HCA before folding late in Game 4 of that series. This is different to some extent, but there's certainly recent precedent for a really good cowd in circumstances lie these.

Horry Hipcheck
06-11-2013, 05:25 PM
The crowd for Game 5 of Spurs/Warriors is about the best AT&T Center crowd we've had all season (and probably over the last several seasons). I think that was true in part because the Spurs had reclaimed HCA before folding late in Game 4 of that series. This is different to some extent, but there's certainly recent precedent for a really good cowd in circumstances lie these.

I certainly hope so. I was impressed with the crowd during Game 5 of last year's WCF, but this one's especially huge. They need to bring it hard and early. Hopefully the blackout gets people pumped.

SpurPadre
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope so but Indiana was undefeated at home until Miami came to town and destroyed them there in Game 3 of the ECF so the role players can't take the moment for granted. The Big 3 know what's at stake and will definitely treat this game like a game 7...hopefully the rest of the team follows suit.

johnpaulwall21
06-11-2013, 05:41 PM
its going to be just as loud for the heat as the spurs. bunch of front runner heat/lakers fans in san Antonio.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
yep alot of bandwagon fans on SA...