PDA

View Full Version : De Colo not Joseph should be our PG on this series..

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I know Joseph played good against GSW and Grizzlies. However, I think it's De Colo's time to shine against the Heat. He played good against them during regular season. I know he's not an offensive threat but, he can create open shots for teammates. I just hope pop will realize soon that Joseph is not for this series.

kaji157
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Joseph played 7 minutes and was +7 thatīs not the problem.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Joseph played 7 minutes and was +7 thatīs not the problem.

He's good! It's just that he can't create shots for his teammates like De Colo. Also, De Colo is taller and can match up well against Heat's PG/SG.

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Yes, play someone who hasn't played any significant minutes in the playoffs. :rolleyes

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Yes, play someone who hasn't played any significant minutes in the playoffs. :rolleyes

That's just BS! We are talking about professional basketball player. Joseph never had playoff experience when Pop decided to play him against Warriors and guess what he delivered.

DOS CHAINZ
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
He's only logging in 5 mins or so. I don't think we need a back up PG. Just let TP & Manu bring the ball up court.

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
That's just BS! We are talking about professional basketball player. Joseph never had playoff experience when Pop decided to play him against Warriors and guess what he delivered.

Keywords: Joseph and Warriors.

hooperflash
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Seriously right? De Colo isn't even quick enough for this series, fwiw.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
He's only logging in 5 mins or so. I don't think we need a back up PG. Just let TP & Manu bring the ball up court.

The reason he's is only getting 5 mins is because of ineffectiveness when he is on the court. Do you think Pop will pull him out right away if he's more effective? TP needs longer rest, Heat plays good defense and he needs to work extra hard just to get open.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Keyword: Matchup

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Keyword: Matchup

Matchup? :lol De Colo is one of the slowest players in the NBA alongside with Neal. Matchups? :lol

Fpoonsie
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Actually, I think I'll stick with Tony.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Matchup? :lol De Colo is one of the slowest players in the NBA alongside with Neal. Matchups? :lol

Tell me who is lightning quick that he needs to guard? Against Warriors I'll agree with you...

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Actually, I think I'll stick with Tony.

I apologize, I know the Thread didn't include the word BACKUP. But, Im talking about backup point guard here.

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Tell me who is lightning quick that he needs to guard? Against Warriors I'll agree with you...

You think he can defend Chalmers in the PnR with Bron? I think you're really underestimating Chalmers tbh. You think he can orchestrate the offense, something that he hasn't done since what, last year? :lol

You just can't play somebody who hasn't played shit in the playoffs at all.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 10:11 AM
You think he can defend Chalmers in the PnR with Bron? I think you're really underestimating Chalmers tbh. You think he can orchestrate the offense, something that he hasn't done since what, last year? :lol

You just can't play somebody who hasn't played shit in the playoffs at all.

More like you are Overestimating Chalmers...

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
More like you are Overestimating Chalmers...

So Bum Ankle Curry, TOSB Jack are quicker than Chalmers? :lol

Xevious
06-11-2013, 10:31 AM

This. Neither are going to play enough minutes to matter anyway.

wildbill2u
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
de colo is a turnover machine. He'll refuse to take pointblank layups and surprise a teammate with a fancy pass that gets bobbled because they aren't expecting it. no thanks

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I say play Joseph instead of Neal. He's a solid defender, he can shut down Chalmers. Also, he has a pretty good mid range jumpshot, and as of late he's shown some improvement in his ability to drive to the hoop and finish. He's pretty athletic, and he's a better three shooter than De Colo. I say he be the backup, still have Manu bring up the ball, but let Joseph guard Chalmers or Cole. The Miami bench has been destroying the SAS bench and that's largely because of Neal's horrible defense.

RD2191
06-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't know the answer to who should be playing backup pg but I do know that Manu and Neal are terrible.

dg7md
06-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Only if we're down 3-1 should something like this should be attempted.

Neal has been horrible with some shots but he has also been huge in some spots. I'd trust him over De Colo, unfortunately.

freetiago
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Miami would probably blitz De Colo since hes unknown but his size and passing ability could hurt them in the Pnr
and he has great defensive instincts
he made lots of plays playing the passing lane in the reg season compared to Neal going full retard constantly

jYkRTilrVfo

4:25 would be a great example
at this point anyone is better then Neal tbh
Spurstalk always shit on someone not in the rotation
they probably said the same things about Kerr in 03
and they definitely were saying the same shit about Splitter in 2011

superjames1992
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I liked NDC, but he hasn't played in over a month. It would probably be a disaster.

I think we'd all be happier if Pop didn't kick Beno to the curb years ago. It would be nice to have him backing up TP9, tbh.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Miami would probably blitz De Colo since hes unknown but his size and passing ability could hurt them in the Pnr
and he has great defensive instincts
he made lots of plays playing the passing lane in the reg season compared to Neal going full retard constantly

jYkRTilrVfo

4:25 would be a great example
at this point anyone is better then Neal tbh
Spurstalk always shit on someone not in the rotation
they probably said the same things about Kerr in 03
and they definitely were saying the same shit about Splitter in 2011

exactly! NDC is not a dumb player he is just not athletically
gifted.

kaji157
06-11-2013, 01:01 PM
I say play Joseph instead of Neal. He's a solid defender, he can shut down Chalmers. Also, he has a pretty good mid range jumpshot, and as of late he's shown some improvement in his ability to drive to the hoop and finish. He's pretty athletic, and he's a better three shooter than De Colo. I say he be the backup, still have Manu bring up the ball, but let Joseph guard Chalmers or Cole. The Miami bench has been destroying the SAS bench and that's largely because of Neal's horrible defense.
This is what i'd love to see. Someone that takes some creative pressure of Manu and can be efective on defense.

Chinook
06-11-2013, 01:15 PM
No. The Spurs don't need more players who can create. They need their rotation players to be focused and not make mistakes. That's really not De Colo's game. If anything, Joseph needs more time. Pop just needs to make sure that he and everyone else gets back to shooters and makes the right passes.

tesseractive
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
I liked NDC, but he hasn't played in over a month. It would probably be a disaster.

I think we'd all be happier if Pop didn't kick Beno to the curb years ago. It would be nice to have him backing up TP9, tbh.
Beno wasn't committed enough. When you have a team whose chemistry is premised on everyone doing the work and making sacrifices for the success of the team, resigning guys who break their end of the deal can tear the whole thing apart. I'd rather play Gary Neal as a "point guard" than have Beno back.

superjames1992
06-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Beno wasn't committed enough. When you have a team whose chemistry is premised on everyone doing the work and making sacrifices for the success of the team, resigning guys who break their end of the deal can tear the whole thing apart. I'd rather play Gary Neal as a "point guard" than have Beno back.
I attend the CoB, tbh.

playblair
06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
when cojo checked in vs the heat in game 2 cojo defense made a difference ....................... the spurs went on a run..................

cojo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>neal

tesseractive
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM
I attend the CoB, tbh.
My condolences.

TheGoldStandard
06-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I'd take Neals minutes and split them with Cory Joseph, give them different looks and different paces to the game.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 08:36 PM
That was a long break for PArker....

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 08:38 PM

I hope you saw what he did for short period of time...

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I hope you saw what he did for short period of time...

Yes I did, it could've been much worse if your hero De Colo was there.

jbspurs
06-11-2013, 08:55 PM
I am not a big fan of De COlo. I just think he will be more effective than Joseph in this series...

3 Legged Dog
06-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I know Joseph played good against GSW and Grizzlies. However, I think it's De Colo's time to shine against the Heat. He played good against them during regular season. I know he's not an offensive threat but, he can create open shots for teammates. I just hope pop will realize soon that Joseph is not for this series.

you've got to stop sniffing glue.

DeJoto has 10 turnovers a game against this swarming Miami defense

jbspurs
06-12-2013, 09:12 PM
you've got to stop sniffing glue.

DeJoto has 10 turnovers a game against this swarming Miami defense

I think you're the one who needs to stop sniffing glue...

Cklbmk
06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
If parker misses game 4 we may need Decolo to create.

Venti Quattro
06-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Rewatch the big ball effort that Cory Joseph exerted yesterday, and tell me you're gonna play Nando de Colo over that.

Thought so....

barakz21
06-12-2013, 09:33 PM

I agree. From his limited minutes, I can see that he has good enough jets to get to the rim. The problem with CoJo is that he isn't very creative with his shot when he gets to the rim, which often leads to either a good contest or an outright rejection. But I think that's something that'll be added in his game as he gets more experience. That can only help him in the long run. I think he'll be a different player next year, miles better than he is this season.

benfti
06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Lets just start Patty Mills and move TP to back up, so we can solve this no back up point guard situation once and for all.

HEBsteaks
06-12-2013, 10:06 PM
CoJo looked really good out there, except the few times he looked sloppy when trying to make something happen with the ball. Ive seen him do a lot better, maybe the lack of play time, the speed of the heat or just a little nervous. At times this season hes looked like a mini TP, he has great potential, but he just needs time to put it all together and develop. One thing is for sure, hes always going 100%, his effort is great.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
The reason he's is only getting 5 mins is because of ineffectiveness when he is on the court. Do you think Pop will pull him out right away if he's more effective? TP needs longer rest, Heat plays good defense and he needs to work extra hard just to get open.

And despite all that, De Colo isn't getting minutes. Starting to put it together yet?

therealtruth
06-12-2013, 10:41 PM
CoJo's pretty good at drawing the contact on the fast break and still finishing.

Boomersgold
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Cojo can actually score, and is a a gritty defender. De Colo might be a better passer, but his turnovers and lack of any offensive game outweigh his positives.

jbspurs
06-13-2013, 12:29 AM
And despite all that, De Colo isn't getting minutes. Starting to put it together yet?

Pop is not right all the time. I like his decision playing Cojo against GSW and Memphis. He was so effective on those series, I don't think same can be said against Miami.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-13-2013, 01:14 AM

I disagree. CoJo has proven that he is unflappable, understands the system intuitively, is a defensive bulldog, and has played very well during the play-offs. I don't see any convincing argument for dumping him in favour of De Colo in the biggest series of the year, especially given that De Colo hasn't played any meaningful play-off minutes.

jbspurs
06-13-2013, 01:25 AM
I disagree. CoJo has proven that he is unflappable, understands the system intuitively, is a defensive bulldog, and has played very well during the play-offs. I don't see any convincing argument for dumping him in favour of De Colo in the biggest series of the year, especially given that De Colo hasn't played any meaningful play-off minutes.

I respect your opinion!:toast:flag:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-13-2013, 01:53 AM
I respect your opinion!:toast:flag:

That's cool, and I respect your right to yours. :)

TheyCallMePro
06-13-2013, 02:30 AM
First off, if Tony Parker is injured then it's over for us.

Joseph and De Colo can't handle the ball under pressure. Neither can Patty Mills or Gary Neal. Or Manu Ginobili...

But between Joseph and De Colo....Joseph is MUCH, MUCH better, He's a better defender, a better shooter, cutter, and overall player than De Colo. I saw Lebron guard De Colo in the Olympics this past summer and Lebron just ate him alive.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2013, 08:40 AM
I agree with most taht Joseph should continue to play ahead of De Colo b/c Joseph has had a full year and much more playing time (factor in D league play) to learn the Spurs system.

De Colo is not slow, he is just not fast. Really, De Colo reminds me of Kidd in his passing game. Kidd wasn't fast but he was an extremely intelligent player who knew how to position himself defensively and on rebounds and that is something De Colo still needs to learn how to do at an NBA level. Plus Kidd was alot stronger than De Colo so he needs to hit the Gym to put on another 10pds of muscle IMO.

dbestpro
06-13-2013, 08:59 AM
CoJo right now is on the floor because Pop values his defense over DeColo's offense. DeColo played really good against the Heat during the regular reason and provides some nice size against the Heat three point shooters. DeColo probably should be on the bench over Mills.

manufan10
06-13-2013, 09:03 AM
I guess we can expect a playnando troll to pop up any day now.

urunobili
06-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Feel more comfy with CoJo and Mills tbh

bigdog
06-13-2013, 09:09 AM
DEFENSE. That word alone should be the reason Joseph gets the nod over Mills or DeColo. Not to mention the guy can shoot and score if he wanted to, and he's only getting better. He's also quick, unlike DeColo. Also, he rarely turns the ball over and plays with pace. DeColo would be freaking out against Miami's defense.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Pop is not right all the time.
You don't say! I agree with him 100 percent of the time.

I like his decision playing Cojo against GSW and Memphis. He was so effective on those series, I don't think same can be said against Miami.

The Spurs' offense looks like utter shit when Parker's not on the floor. That's really not CJ's fault. De Colo is a better passer than CJ but I'd rather have a backup who plays defense, rebounds and takes care of the ball. Joseph's doing a great job of that. If you really want someone to run the offense when Parker's gone, I'd push for McGrady over De Colo.