PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dwight Howard and CP3 spotted having dinner together at The Firefly in LA

Thebesteva
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
A friend of mine is a manager for The Firefly restaurant in Los Angeles, pretty famous spot here. He texted me saying that Dwight Howard and CP3 were having dinner together 1 on 1 last night.

He's a Laker fan so he pretty much said this isn't good news. Take it for what it's worth, maybe it means nothing.

Anyway, INB4 DNA analysis or it didn't happen

baseline bum
06-11-2013, 03:54 PM
So dem niggas going to Atlanta?

Thebesteva
06-11-2013, 03:58 PM
So dem niggas going to Atlanta?

Is this legal as far as NBA terms goes? Obviously they met up to talk about forming a superteam in Houston.

Honestly, I thought CP3 was smarter than this. He has a WAY better team with the Clippers than what Dwight Coward could ever bring him in Houston.

Also LOL thanks again Kobe for chasing away another big man.

baseline bum
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Is this legal as far as NBA terms goes? Obviously they met up to talk about forming a superteam in Houston.

Honestly, I thought CP3 was smarter than this. He has a WAY better team with the Clippers than what Dwight Coward could ever bring him in Houston.

Houston won't have room for both unless they can move Chink in the Armor and Asik. Atlanta however can sign both to play with Horford and Lou Williams and still have about $8 million to try to get a small forward.

LkrFan
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM

Disagree: a core of CP3, Flop so Harden, and D12 (healthy) is better core than the Clipps core tbh. Lurch may be just the dude that could help D12's putrid post game. Look at what he did for KG in Minny.

Not that being spotted eating dinner together like two fags matter (they both live in LA), I could see them bolting for H-town. Rockets have a young talented team, no state income taxes, and adding CP3/D12 would make them legit contenders.

Given the Lakers current turmoil with their old ass roster, ownership/FO issues and the Clipps' history in general, the idea of them both bolting should be given strong consideration.

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
And at the end of the day we all know what's going to happen.

Dwight stays in LA and CP3 with the Clippers.

LkrFan
06-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Houston won't have room for both unless they can move Chink in the Armor and Asik. Atlanta however can sign both to play with Horford and Lou Williams and still have about $8 million to try to get a small forward.
Damn - didn't know that about ATL. I'd like it because there would be another team to challenge the cHeat perennially. I'd like that tbh.

DPG21920
06-11-2013, 04:20 PM

I do not believe this to be an accurate assessment of the situation in Atlanta.

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Remember when Baron Davis and Elton Brand were also seen a lot in L.A hanging out together during the summer of 2008?

Everyone thought it was practically a done deal. Brand will sign ane xtension with the Clippers and the Baron Davis-Elton Brand duo were going to take the NBA by storm.

Yep, we all know what happened. :lol

DPG21920
06-11-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.shamsports.com/2013/06/the-amount-of-cap-room-teams-will.html

Projected cap space: At most, $35,504,580, but not really.

If Atlanta renounce (or lose) Josh Smith, and renounce their remaining free agents (Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, Zaza Pachulia, Johan Petro, Ivan Johnson, Jeff Teague, Dahntay Jones, Hilton Armstrong, Erick Dampier, Etan Thomas, Randolph Morris and Anthony Tolliver), waive DeShawn Stevenson ($2,240,450, fully unguaranteed with no guarantee date), Shelvin Mack ($884,293, fully unguaranteed with no guarantee date) and Mike Scott ($788,872, fully unguaranteed until August 15th, thereafter $100,000 guaranteed) and sell or renounce their first round draft picks (#17 and #18, cap holds of $1,348,200 and $1,280,800), they will have a cap number of $22,995,420 (the committed salary plus nine minimum salary roster charges of $490,180 for having less than twelve things on the cap).

(If you want to get really absurd, they could even amnesty Al Horford. Hypotheticals are fun.)

This is, however, a maximum amount. And it's not a realistic one. Smith's cap hold will be equal to the maximum amount for a nine year veteran, and, while this amount will not be known until the new salary cap figure is determined, a slight increase in the cap will mean a slight increase in the $16,402,500 nine year veteran maximum amount that this year's cap produced. So unless he is renounced, or until he is signed elsewhere, that's a $16.5 million cap hold cutting into that $35.5 million figure. The same is true of Teague's $6,082,692 cap hold, and the negligible amounts saved by trading the picks, not giving Johnson his $1,250,854 qualifying offer, and waiving Scott, are also not likely to happen. In a scenario where they are all retained, then, Atlanta's cap situation then looks like this:

Josh Smith: $16,500,000 (circa, cap hold)
Al Horford: $12,000,000
Jeff Teague: $6,082,692 (cap hold)
Lou Williams: $5,225,000
#17 pick): $1,348,200
#18 pick: $1,280,800
Ivan Johnson: $1,250,854 (cap hold & qualifying offer)
John Jenkins: $1,258,800
Mike Scott: $788,872
Jeremy Tyler: $100,000 (waived)
Roster charge (rookie minimum cap hold for not having 12 things on the cap, one for each number under - Tyler doesn't count): $490,180
Roster charge: $490,180
Roster charge: $490,180

Total: $47,305,758 = $11,194,242 in cap room

Even this scenario assumes the renouncements of Korver and Pachulia, quality role players who won't be easily replaced. Yet such is the reality of the gamble of cap space. Atlanta can and likely will have eight figures worth of cap space, and they could have an awful lot more than that should Smith move on. But it's a choice.

(Note: "things on the cap" constitute players under contract, free agents not under contract who have cap holds, and the cap holds of unsigned first round picks. Unsigned second round picks do not have cap holds and thus do not count for anything, and nor do waived players.)

Thebesteva
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
And at the end of the day we all know what's going to happen.

Dwight stays in LA and CP3 with the Clippers.

Dwight's not staying man...I kind of wish he was but he needs Phil Jackson to develop his bitch ass. CP3 is staying...though its going to be hilarious to see Clipper Nation get cuckolded when he leaves.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Not that being spotted eating dinner together like two fags matter (they both live in LA), I could see them bolting for H-town. Rockets have a young talented team, no state income taxes, and adding CP3/D12 would make them legit contenders.
Houston can only make room for one max contract, so they can't afford both, tbh....

If CP3 really is dumb enough to leave a team that's letting him call all the shots and signing all the players he wants in order to team up with a pussy and locker room cancer like Dwight, more power to him.... he can feel free to kiss his precious "spotless image" goodbye, get ready to face actual criticism from the national media for once in his life, and not win anything in the process, tbh.....

Don't really see it happening, nor do I believe that Besteva's "friend" is a legit NBA source, however :lol

The Batman
06-11-2013, 04:29 PM

Couldn't they do a sign n trade with Lin and Asik and filler going to the Clippers for Paul?

Clipper Nation
06-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Couldn't they do a sign n trade with Lin and Asik and filler going to the Clippers for Paul?
They would have serious problems moving Asik and Lin's contracts to any team, as they were written as poison-pill contracts in order to fuck over the Bulls and Knicks :lol

baseline bum
06-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Damn - didn't know that about ATL. I'd like it because there would be another team to challenge the cHeat perennially. I'd like that tbh.

Bible Kemp has sounded really cold on the idea of Atlanta, but maybe things change with Paul. You have to wonder if Atlanta will spend the money on a bench over the next couple of years though if they can pull both.

baseline bum
06-11-2013, 04:37 PM

No one is taking Lin's deal.

The Batman
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM
They would have serious problems moving Asik and Lin's contracts to any team, as they were written as poison-pill contracts in order to fuck over the Bulls and Knicks :lol

How would they have problems? They would take the same cap hit the Rockets do at 8/8/8

The Batman
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM

If Presti is retarded enough to give Harden away for nothing, someone out there is just as retarded.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Bible Kemp has sounded really cold on the idea of Atlanta
Not hard to see why, tbh.... the crowd at every game would be full of his baby mamas/family members screaming for their child support/handouts :lol

DPG21920
06-11-2013, 04:40 PM

That's what they said about Hedo. He was traded twice. Same with Richard Jefferson.

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Someone will take Lin. At this point it shouldn't really surprise anyone how GM's overpay for talent. See most recent casualty, the Bucks offering Monta Ellis a multi year contract and we'll see someone offer Brandon Jennings an equally absurd contract.

Lin's not bad. Even if he doesn't meet expectations, he's still marketable.

baseline bum
06-11-2013, 04:44 PM
That's what they said about Hedo. He was traded twice. Same with Richard Jefferson.

OK, I get that you can trade crap for crap, but no one's absorbing Lin's deal to open up the necessary capspace for Houston. You're getting another bad deal back in return.

LkrFan
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Houston can only make room for one max contract, so they can't afford both, tbh....

If CP3 really is dumb enough to leave a team that's letting him call all the shots and signing all the players he wants in order to team up with a pussy and locker room cancer like Dwight, more power to him.... he can feel free to kiss his precious "spotless image" goodbye, get ready to face actual criticism from the national media for once in his life, and not win anything in the process, tbh.....

Don't really see it happening, nor do I believe that Besteva's "friend" is a legit NBA source, however :lol
"Rocket Nation" is neeeeeeerrrrrvvvooouussss as fuck! :lol

DPG21920
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Well, depends on how you view Asik. I think he's damn solid and him + a couple 1st rounders to eat Lin's deal might be doable.

Mugen
06-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Lin/Asik/Robinson in a S&T with the Lakers for Bible Kemp tbh.

Thebesteva
06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
:lmao Bible Kemp

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1998/0504_large.jpg

The Batman
06-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Lin/Asik/Robinson in a S&T with the Lakers for Bible Kemp tbh.

They wouldn't do that unless they knew for sure Paul was going there. All they need to do to sign Dwight is trade Robinson. If they want Paul, move him + Asik to the Clippers.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2013, 05:01 PM
"Rocket Nation" is neeeeeeerrrrrvvvooouussss as fuck! :lol
-5000 points for thinking I'd ever root for that faggot Bible Kemp :lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 05:05 PM

Don't worry about it tbh. Miami still has Lebron and that's all that matters to you anyway:lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 05:05 PM

Don't worry about it tbh. Miami s has Lebron and that's all that matters to you anyway:lol

Kai
06-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Lin is getting paid 8.3 mil per year with 2 years left. He was a dud in the playoffs, but had a decent year and his stats improved every month. To act like his contract is some sort of abomination is just dumb. I strongly believe that there would be a few suitors that would take him straight up for a conditional 2nd rounder. If not, throwing in a future first + cash would surely get the job done. Asik is an bona fide bargain and 25+ teams would take him if all it took was cap space.

I absolutely don't think CP3 wants to leave the Clips, but in the extremely unlikely scenario where he and Dwight were to agree to sign with the Rockets, it wouldn't be that difficult for Morey to finagle the roster accordingly.

The Batman
06-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Lin is getting paid 8.3 mil per year with 2 years left. He was a dud in the playoffs, but had a decent year and his stats improved every month. To act like his contract is some sort of abomination is just dumb. I strongly believe that there would be a few suitors that would take him straight up for a conditional 2nd rounder. If not, throwing in a future first + cash would surely get the job done. Asik is an bona fide bargain and 25+ teams would take him if all it took was cap space.

I absolutely don't think CP3 wants to leave the Clips, but in the extremely unlikely scenario where he and Dwight were to agree to sign with the Rockets, it wouldn't be that difficult for Morey to finagle the roster accordingly.
No that's his cap hit. He's still getting paid 5-15. But the hit is not bad and I agree it wouldn't be hard to deal him, just like They have a bunch of Thomas Robinson trades lined up.

Big Empty
06-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Damn if houston could land those two they would be set.

Kai
06-11-2013, 11:04 PM
No that's his cap hit. He's still getting paid 5-15. But the hit is not bad and I agree it wouldn't be hard to deal him, just like They have a bunch of Thomas Robinson trades lined up.

Yeah, should have specified. Though most billionaire owners aren't gonna be too worried about the actual salary, it averages out to 10 a year and the Rockets can always ship out some extra cash (with him). The cap hit is all that matters.

The Third Man
06-11-2013, 11:52 PM
"Rocket Nation" will be alright even if they strike out with Howard. The Lakers, on the other hand, are a bunch of old, capped out bitches with a shitty coach and a brain dead owner.

Bulaien999
06-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Lin would be easily moved just for the marketability of the Asian market

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 12:59 AM
i think a another superteam in the east wont hurt these 2 idiots, since the heats super cheat team is declining so fast its not funny