PDA

View Full Version : IMO..Duncan has a better chance of retiring if we lose in these Finals than if we win

HemisfairArena
06-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I think Duncan absolutely returns next year regardless but if he does decide to hang 'em up...I think there will be a better chance of that happening if we lose in these Finals rather than if we win. I think he would say this is the best chance he will have at winning another ring. All the stars aligned for him to get back to the big dance. We were healthy. Westbrook went down. Kobe went down. Denver lost in the 1st round. Manu will be another year older next year and we all are fearful how that is gonna look. If we win...he'll want to chase MJ at 6 and to pass Kobe and also to defend his title and will have nothing to lose. A farewell tour even...

BatManu20
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Let's focus on winning this series, shall we?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Regardless, Duncan retiring is too painful for me to think about, I honestly will shed tears. He instantly became my favorite the day the Spurs drafted him, he's been my favorite athlete ever since, the thought of never getting the privilege to watch Duncan play again sucks. How privileged are we though? We got a true athlete with a genuine great character. I pity those who idolize Kobe or LeBron, having Duncan as a role model has been a blessing, he's shown us how to conduct ourselves on and off the court. I know throughout my life I'll have players that I'll love, but for me, there will never be another Tim Duncan.

sharkenleo
06-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Let's focus on winning this series, shall we?

Yeah, because what we discuss on this forum will play a major role in the series. :lol

BatManu20
06-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, because what we discuss on this forum will play a major role in the series. :lol

Obviously it has no effect on the outcome of the game. But the biggest game the Spurs have played in 6 years is about to start. Why even worry about it right now?

capek
06-11-2013, 06:20 PM
IMO your opinion is shit. The only thing that was going to make Duncan likely to retire this offseason was if his body broke down. That seems to me such an obvious observation to make I feel no reason to elaborate. Since that didn't happen, it follows like shit opinions from a GNSF's mouth that he'll be back next season, regardless of what happens in these finals.

HemisfairArena
06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Your life must be horrible, capek. I hope it gets better for you if you are this bitter.

rmt
06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I agree that if they win, he'll probably be back to try to repeat (since it's something he's never done). The only way I see him retiring (regardless of whether they win or lose) is if he can get custody of his kids if he retires.

capek
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Lame attempt at deflection. Plus you kinda indicated the fact that you don't really know what the word "bitter" means. Or at least don't know how to use it correctly. But a particular response to a particular shitty thread says nothing beyond that particular response. Your analytical abilities, once again, prove out as shitty.

HemisfairArena
06-11-2013, 06:45 PM
You sure do like the word "shitty", capek. Some psychologists would suggest it has to do with a deep seeded emotion on where your life is at as a reason you keep using the word. Is your life "shitty", capek?

capek
06-11-2013, 07:07 PM
You sure do like the word "shitty", capek. Some psychologists would suggest it has to do with a deep seeded emotion on where your life is at as a reason you keep using the word. Is your life "shitty", capek?

If you're in a field of grass, and you feel like describing what is in your visual field, you'd probably use the word "green" a lot. Not everything is a penis Dr. Freud. :lol

dallasmaverickslose
06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Typical Spurs fans already waving the white flag. What the hell is wrong with you.

DarrinS
06-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I want Tim to play until he's 40.

MVPCues
06-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Tim plays another year, regardless (barring a bad injury). Win or lose, he simply isn't done. He has too much competitive fire burning to retire after this year.

HemisfairArena
06-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Why did you bring up "penis", capek? No one mentioned sexuality. Need to come out of the closet?

DarrinS- I hope he does.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Looks like nerves are getting the best of some people on this board. Come on everyone, let's come together! ;) GO SPURS GO! :toast:lobt2:

HemisfairArena
06-11-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm just messin' with the guy, Spurs21.....actually enjoying a beer waiting for the game to start.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm just messin' with the guy, Spurs21.....actually enjoying a beer waiting for the game to start.

Well then have an extra beer for me! GO SPURS GO!

JRHernandez88
06-11-2013, 07:53 PM
No shit

HemisfairArena
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Shit seems to be the theme.