PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green's ability to make pull-up jump shots..

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
The subtle improvement to his game this year, tbh..

Last season, or even earlier this season, he was strictly a spot-up shooter that could only score on open looks from the attention of his teammates..now, he's able to make 3-pointers off 1 or 2 dribbles, which doesn't seem significant, but it's enough to add a different dimension to his 3-point shooting, tbh..

It allows him to score off a screen with the ball in his hands, and it allows him to be more useful in transition with the ball in his hands..

He's still completely incapable of scoring in a triple threat position and he's still limited as a finisher, but hopefully that will be the next improvement in his game next year, especially as teams begin to game plan against him..

Warlord23
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Both Green and Leonard are grown-ups now. Possibly the best defensive 2/3 combo in the league. It's like having 2 slightly more talented Bruce Bowens

Warlord23
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM
In other words, Green with his offensive flaws is a huge asset

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 10:33 PM
It will be interesting to see how Miami plays him next game, tbh, especially with Parker potentially being hindered by the injury..

phxspurfan
06-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Green has all the physical tools to be an all star level shooter. If he keeps developing, the contract we signed him to will be a steal.

Chinook
06-11-2013, 11:34 PM
It's already a steal.

And if the Heat gameplan to run Green and Neal off the three-point line, the Big Three need to take advantage. The role-players are doing all they can right now.

therealtruth
06-11-2013, 11:35 PM
I think Green has already shown in this playoffs he can handle being run of the 3pt line.

imjunsul
06-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah I love Green and Kawhi in our future.. we just need to develope a solid PF and find a good PG similar to Tony.. maybe CJ

T Park
06-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Hell pump fake, dribble, move to the side then shoot.

Green when he's in these runs is bulletproof.

GSH
06-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Even with all the sharpshooting, my favorite part of tonight was the two times Green missed, and instead of looking for a whistle he stayed in the play and got his own rebound, and then made both of the put-backs. The Big 3 need to pay attention to that. They've been looking for the whistles too much, and giving up on plays. Miami is a poor rebounding team, and a lot of those are still in play.

I'm also pretty impressed with the way Danny has kicked LeBron's ass on fast breaks... multiple times. I think the only time LeBron has managed to score was the one time he turned sideways to puss Danny, and the ref bailed him out with a whistle. Oh, yeah, and the blocks on LeBron. Bron is getting pissed, and Danny just keeps doing it to him. I guarantee you, Danny's in his head now. That doesn't mean LeBron won't have any big games, but he's definitely taking it personally.