PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 will be a grinder

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 10:26 PM
spurs shot 16-32 and Heat are 53% from three. I have a feeling both teams will go ice cold on Thursday and it will be a low scoring affair. Hopefully Parker is OK for that, cause we'll need him. I'm making my prediction now, but 86-82 Spurs on Thursday.

Brunodf
06-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Make Lebron beat us. No doubles, stay home with the shooters.

Always play Kawhi on Lebron

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Make Lebron beat us. No doubles, stay home with the shooters.

Always play Kawhi on Lebron

I'm not expecting LeBron to go off or anything, he seems to be getting tired and Leonard is beating him up. The biggest question on Thursday is Parker's health. If Parker is fine, I think the Spurs take it. We need Leonard to play more minutes than he has yet.

OrEmuN
06-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Game 4 will be crucial.
Heat always come back after a loss. If Spurs managed to grind out a W somehow, it will break the Heat's spirit.
Not forgetting, it will give Spurs 3 chances to close out.

Kidd K
06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
I hate to say this, but game 4 isn't a must-win for us. If we win it, the series is essentially done, but we can lose it then take game 5 and be fine. Going into the series the roadmap for the Spurs winning looked like this: Win one of the first two, win 2/3 in SA, then win one of the last two.

If we take game 4 too, then holy shit, but let's not jump off the cliff if they lose it.

hooperflash
06-11-2013, 11:02 PM
lebron , get ejected bruh

easjer
06-11-2013, 11:10 PM
I hate to say this, but game 4 isn't a must-win for us. If we win it, the series is essentially done, but we can lose it then take game 5 and be fine. Going into the series the roadmap for the Spurs winning looked like this: Win one of the first two, win 2/3 in SA, then win one of the last two.

If we take game 4 too, then holy shit, but let's not jump off the cliff if they lose it.

Disagree. The sooner this is over, the better. The longer it goes on, the better the Heat's chances are, particularly if Parker is injured. We stole homecourt advantage - be nice to utilize that. A ridiculously difficult task, but I really think they'll be in best position if they treat game 4 like game 7.

m33p0
06-11-2013, 11:10 PM
it'll probably a low scoring all-out battle royale.

TampaDude
06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Spurs will win the next two games. Spurs in 5.

PingPong
06-11-2013, 11:15 PM

No way. Finish the Heat in the next two. no mercy. bye-bye

TampaDude
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
No way. Finish the Heat in the next two. no mercy. bye-bye

^ this, tbh :toast

Kidd K
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Disagree. The sooner this is over, the better. The longer it goes on, the better the Heat's chances are, particularly if Parker is injured. We stole homecourt advantage - be nice to utilize that. A ridiculously difficult task, but I really think they'll be in best position if they treat game 4 like game 7.

I agree that it's better if over sooner, but that doesn't really counter that the Spurs don't need game 4.

If Parker's injured, we're not going to win the next 2 anyway. It's kind of circular logic there. You're saying our chances will be bad if it goes longer because Parker's hurt because it'll be harder to win, yet, it's harder to win becaus ehe's injured so how are we gonna end it early? HCA doesn't overcome Parker possibly being diminished by a lot.

I would like to take game 4, but I hope people don't jump off the cliff acting like we'e fucked if we don't take it. All we need is one of the next two. If we lose 4 then take 5, we're fine. If we win 4, even better, but we don't need it.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 11:20 PM

At this point every game is a must win.

moisaenz
06-11-2013, 11:22 PM
In other words if parker needs rest for game 4 ,spurs should try to get a win without him.

Kidd K
06-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Sigh, I give up. Jump off the cliff then if they lose game 4 if you want. It won't matter if they lose game 4 as long as they take game 5.

Taking game 4 would be great and I'd like that, but the series isn't over if they do. We still have game 5 at home to take, then we just need to win 1/2 at Miami which is doable.

dg7md
06-11-2013, 11:27 PM
It's imperative that they win Game 4 to keep this momentum going. If you lose it, it goes back to even. Game 4 is just as important. Keep the ball in their hands and spread the floor and I think we can end this in 5.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Sigh, I give up. Jump off the cliff then if they lose game 4 if you want. It won't matter if they lose game 4 as long as they take game 5.

Taking game 4 would be great and I'd like that, but the series isn't over if they do. We still have game 5 at home to take, then we just need to win 1/2 at Miami which is doable.

I'm not saying jump off the cliff if Miami wins on Thursday, I'm just saying at this point every game is a must win game for SA. Miami is a great team, can't give them anything.

Kidd K
06-11-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm not saying jump off the cliff if Miami wins on Thursday, I'm just saying at this point every game is a must win game for SA. Miami is a great team, can't give them anything.

And we're likely going to lose another one before the series is over. Every game is important, but they're not all "must wins". One loss at this point doesn't ruin the series bro. So long as the Spurs take one of the next two it'll be fine.

Spurs just have to play .500 against the Heat with 2 at SA and 2 at Miami. Heat have to play at least .750 with two at SA and two at Miami.

playbonner15
06-11-2013, 11:44 PM
The Heat didn't play the Chalmers-James pick and roll in game 3.. Was that because of the Spurs defense? Or was Spo/Riley saving it for Game 4 onwards?

gameFACE
06-11-2013, 11:48 PM
With the way the Spurs won tonight it will be Tim and Tony in the paint for G4 assuming Parker will play, which he will. They won't shoot lights out from three again.

At this point every game is a must win.

Absolutely!

milkyway21
06-12-2013, 12:02 AM
JUST WIN GAME 4! Don't let them make a comeback.

therealtruth
06-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Win the next game and the Heat will crumble in game 5.

james evans
06-12-2013, 12:36 AM
the only way the heat stay in it is when neal and ginobli leave miller and allen open. i don't understand how they don't know lebron is looking to pass on damn near
every drive to the basket.

Matty2Cool
06-12-2013, 12:40 AM
I think game 4 will be the most "normal" game of the series so far if that makes sense

timtonymanu
06-12-2013, 12:46 AM
For the sake of my blood pressure, go win Game 4. :lol

Horry Hipcheck
06-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Game 4 will be tight, both teams are likely to make a lot of mistakes. Fourth quarter execution will be key. Defensively, the Spurs found a gem tonight. Pop clearly adjusted to have his players stay at home on shooters and not bring help D until the last possible second, and it paid off beautifully. Spoelstra will definitely adjust, and the Heat will bounce back. The Spurs need to anticipate that and understand that they will not shoot 16-32 from 3 again. Parker has to get the offense running the way it's designed to run. Losing Game 4 will not ruin much, but it would put immense pressure on the Spurs to take Game 5 going away. The Heat will only get more dangerous when the series shifts back to South Beach.