PDA

View Full Version : William Jefferson Blythe Clinton: The media has a Liberal bias!

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
"Former President Clinton, defending his senator-wife's statements on abortion, said Wednesday that Democrats are held to a double standard," the Associated Press reports (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5138928,00.html) from Washington:

He contended that Republicans have defined the abortion debate in a way that boxes in Democrats.

"So for example, if you're a Democrat and you have sort of normal impulses, you're a sellout, like when Hillary said abortion is a tragedy for virtually everybody who undergoes it, we ought to do all we can to reduce abortion," Clinton said.

"All of a sudden," he continued, the media began asking, " 'Is she selling out? Is she abandoning her principles?' But if John McCain, who's pro-life, works with Hillary on global warming, he's a man of principle moving to the middle."

"It's nuts," the former president said.
Clinton is absolutely right: The media cheer when a Republican moves to the left and boo when a Democrat moves to the right. For an even more extreme example, compare their treatment of Jim Jeffords and Zell Miller.

Conservatives have been complaining about liberal media bias for decades. Now they've found an unlikely ally in Bill Clinton.

And how 'bout that Freudian slip in his quotes: "...if you're a Democrat and you have sort of normal impulses, you're a sellout,..."

At least he admits the normal state of the Democrat mind is abnormal and only subject to impulsive normalcy.

midgetonadonkey
07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
I wish he was our President again. God bless a President that get's head from a fat chick. Now that is a leader I can salute.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he stuck a cigar in her pussy and smoked it. The man will be my hero for years to come.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:24 PM
I wish he was our President again. God bless a President that get's head from a fat chick. Now that is a leader I can salute.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he stuck a cigar in her pussy and smoked it. The man will be my hero for years to come.
Yeah, that's a legacy most Liberals would understand. You can have him...

JohnnyMarzetti
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Conservatives say they don't understand and then go fornicate like there is no tomorrow.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Conservatives say they don't understand and then go fornicate like there is no tomorrow.
Well, I've never received a blow job from a subordinate employee at work.
I've never used a cigar as a sexual tool and then smoked it while talking to another head of state. And, I've never lied about either of those things under oath.

So, yeah, I don't understand.

Oh, and one more thing. I don't know of any of my conservative or libertarian friends who have either. I do, however, have many liberal friends that are into all sorts of freaky shit.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I've never used a cigar as a sexual tool and then smoked it while talking to another head of state. And, I've never lied about either of those things under oath.

So, yeah, I don't understand.

Oh stop it you pompous, self righteous, never broke a commandment, full of yourself ass. Are you a freakin' virgin or what?
Actually, I'm surprised you've ever gotten laid.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh stop it you pompous, self righteous, never broke a commandment, full of yourself ass. Are you a freakin' virgin or what?
Actually, I'm surprised you've ever gotten laid.
Not having sex at work, not using odd objects for sexual gratification, and then, not lying about doing those things, under oath doesn't make me a "virgin." My wife and 4 children would be surprised if I were.

And, really, my beef isn't with what he did...bad as it was...but how he trampled on his oath when he got busted and it came time for him to accept responsibility in his testimony in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit.

I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home among consenting adults. But, if you use your power and influence to take advantage of a young impressionable intern at work, and then let your handlers turn her into some kind of crazed stalker in an attempt to protect you, you're scum and you don't deserve to stay employed.

In a private workplace, he'd of been fired and his company would have probably had to pay a huge settlement to Monica Lewinsky. And, then, Kathleen Willey...and probably Linda Tripp as well. He's the type of employee that bankrupts companies.

GoldToe
07-14-2005, 09:53 PM
What about using your power and influence to go to war?

Just asking.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
What about using your power and influence to go to war?

Just asking.
He was authorized by Congress to use his power as the President to go to war.

GoldToe
07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
You all in here are funny as hell.

midgetonadonkey
07-14-2005, 10:42 PM

You don't know what you are missing.

midgetonadonkey
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
He was authorized by Congress to use his power as the President to go to war.

Authorized by a conservative republican congress...you failed to mention that.

scott
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM

Actually he was authorized by just about every single person in congress at the time.

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Congress, none-the-less. In the context of our discussion, who exactly authorized President Clinton to be serviced by a taxpayer paid intern and then to lie about it under oath?

The Ressurrected One
07-14-2005, 10:57 PM
You don't know what you are missing.
You're right. And, I'm not interested.

scott
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Congress, none-the-less. In the context of our discussion, who exactly authorized President Clinton to be serviced by a taxpayer paid intern and then to lie about it under oath?

You've already said your beef isn't that he got a BJ from a paid intern- but that he lied about it. If his getting a BJ wasn't that big of a deal, why was he even being asked about in the first place, giving him the opportunity to lie?

In the end... why do Conservatives still care?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 01:53 AM
how many young men did president clinton lead to their deaths?

less than bush that's for sure

that's worth a blowjob

hey dont start talking shit

OUR LEADER did that to fight for OUR FREEDOM

hannity told me this

JoeChalupa
07-15-2005, 07:48 AM
I still like Bill.

SpursWoman
07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
hannity told me this

It cracks me up to no end when liberals always resort to "hannity told me this" or "Rush blahblahblah". Who really watches that shit? You guys, just to have someone else to bitch about?

:lol

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 10:29 AM
You've already said your beef isn't that he got a BJ from a paid intern- but that he lied about it. If his getting a BJ wasn't that big of a deal, why was he even being asked about in the first place, giving him the opportunity to lie?

Because there was a sexual harassment lawsuit brought against him. Perhaps it was politically motivated, but there was a former Arkansas state employee who made that claim.

If, instead, it was a Republican politician who faced harassment charges from a former subordinate, would they have been dismissed so easily?

I don't. Then again, on some days I feel conservative and on other days, quite liberal.

Bandit2981
07-15-2005, 10:46 AM
I think the media has a pre-concocted "mold" of how certain people should fit into, mainly based on their own assumptions, and they repeatedly reinforce those notions through the press regardless if it seems to fit or not. If one of those people say or do things to contradict the media's pre-determined label, they go to "Why are they acting so differently now?" mode. I think thats what Clinton was trying to say, not that there is a vast leftist bias that so many conservatives harp on.

The Ressurrected One
07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
He was asked the question by Paula Jones' attorney during her sexual harrassment lawsuit against him. It was done to establish a pattern of behavior. He lied and his lie probably changed the course of her lawsuit...not to mention getting Clinton's imfamous "Bimbo Squad" sicked on her.

What gets me is how NOW and the rest of the Left -- self-acclaimed defenders of women's rights and who decry any inappropriate workplace sexual relationships -- never said a word.

Because the Clintons are still in national politics and should be back at their cesspool in Arkansas, instead.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 06:14 PM
So was the harassment suit politically motivated or was the lack of criticism from women's rights groups against a Democratic policitian accussed of sexual harassment politically motivated? The most reasonable answer appears to be "both".

The Ressurrected One
07-15-2005, 07:28 PM
So was the harassment suit politically motivated or was the lack of criticism from women's rights groups against a Democratic policitian accussed of sexual harassment politically motivated? The most reasonable answer appears to be "both".
In light of Kathleen Willey, Juanita Brodderick, Paula Jones, and Monica Lewinsky...in addition to the settlement reached with Jones; the most reasonable answer appears to be that he sexually harrassed her.