PDA

View Full Version : Heat: The reason for Lebron's struggles is evident..

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 11:02 PM
He has more responsibility than any player in NBA history, tbh..

He's the go-to scoring option, the offensive facilitator, the best rebounder and the defensive anchor on the team..going through entire playoff runs in the physical East while playing every single key role on your team is a gruelling task, tbh..

Any player in history would be exhausted in his role, but luckily for them, they haven't had to play his role..

2011 Lebron suffered from the same problem, as is 2013 Lebron at the moment..why was 2012 Lebron an exception? Because it was a shortened season, so playing every role for 2 months less wasn't as taxing on his body, tbh(and why it was arguably the best individual playoff run in history)..

Sucks for him, tbh, as the media is enamoured with scoring production and cliches, while ignoring the other vital aspects of basketball, such as roles..

Thebesteva
06-11-2013, 11:02 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mk6Xk4IOEZw/TPvdjRkwXJI/AAAAAAAAAOM/II4wIsT4U00/s1600/chris-crocker-crying.jpg

Arcadian
06-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Lebron needs a Scottie Pippen, I guess...

...which raises the following question: What is the ideal type of player to facilitate Lebron's game? What does he need to maximize his ability?

LnGrrrR
06-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Is it because you ran into traffic and couldn't suck him off in the bathroom like he's used to?

irishock
06-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Lebron needs a Scottie Pippen, I guess.

He needs an MJ, tbh.

rayjayjohnson
06-11-2013, 11:07 PM
maybe if wade and bosh didnt constantly eat dick he wouldnt be in tihis predicament

oh crap
06-11-2013, 11:09 PM
:lmao

this nigga tryin to ride or die but just come out looking bitch made for attempting to find a way to defend this bullshit.

Killakobe81
06-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Harlem has a point but for a Spurs fan you surely seem more concerned with his legacy than the biggest Spur win in years

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 11:11 PM
There's no more excuses for him. He had plenty of chance to prove himself. 4 NBA Finals trips and we're back to square one. Some people have it, some don't. Wade tried to carried him in 2011 and Lebron couldn't handle his end of the bargain.

Its not like he doesn't know how to play in that level. He was fantastic in 2012. Lebron's just easy to figure and his offensive flaw was and is still the same. He's also mentally fragile tbqh, so shutting him down is easy.

DejuanorwhatDude
06-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Harlem has a point but for a Spurs fan you surely seem more concerned with his legacy than the biggest Spur win in years

Probably won't matter if Parker is hurt. If he's hobbled, the Spurs are fucked.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
I just explained what happened in 2012, tbh:lol..

Wade was great in the 2011 Finals, but he was far from great the rest of the playoffs in that year..that's my point:lol..Lebron does everything for them for the first 3 rounds, but Wade is allowed to conserve energy for the Finals?:lol..

2011 Bulls defense > 2011 Mavs defense
2013 Pacers defense > 2013 Spurs defense

Do people think the stage of the Finals actually affects elite players at this level?:lol, no..the difference is fatigue..he didn't just forget how to play basketball against the Mavs and Spurs after dominating against elite defenses in the previous round:lol..

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
The difference between Kobe and Lebron is also visible. Lebron, simply wilts. Kobe's approach may not be ideal but he'll go down fighting and either win or lose his way. Can't say the same for Lebron. Lets stop the overrating Lebron for now. Until he comes back to life in this series, he' ain't nothin but a pussy cat.

LnGrrrR
06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Son, just make sure to spit the seed back into his mouth after he cums into yours. That's why he can't hold up, you're drinking in all his male strength and fertility! Real talk.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
The difference between Kobe and Lebron is also visible. Lebron, simply wilts. Kobe's approach may not be ideal but he'll go down fighting and either win or lose his way. Can't say the same for Lebron. Lets stop the overrating Lebron for now. Until he comes back to life in this series, he' ain't nothin but a pussy cat.

Kobe has never had nearly as much responsibility, and even ignoring that point, he was only dominant in 1, maybe 2 of his 7 Finals appearances..

oh crap
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
lol check my stats
lol -32

100%duncan
06-11-2013, 11:20 PM
:lol LeBron's playoffs didn't start till the Pacers series tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Sucks for him, tbh, as the media is enamoured with scoring production and cliches, while ignoring the other vital aspects of basketball, such as roles..

Brother I'll say this one last time. Its not about the scoring production and cliches. It's who wins. It may not be fair or reasonable but that's the tradition and it's not going to change for Lebron. Jordan (96), Pierce (2008) Kobe (2010) all had horrible Finals performances. In the grand scheme of things, all their faults are forgotten.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
HarlemHeat37

so is bosh and wade still top5 players at their position whether they on the heat or on their own teams?

so how much more help does lebron need?

Clipper Nation
06-11-2013, 11:22 PM
maybe if wade and bosh didnt constantly eat dick he wouldnt be in tihis predicament

It's funny how LeBron haters whine and cry about how "stacked" the Heat supposedly are when they win, but never criticize "superstars" Wade and Bosh after losses when they've been garbage all playoffs :lol

Kang was awful tonight but at least he's had some great games these playoffs, Wade and Bosh have just brought nothing but bads....

jeebus
06-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Son, just make sure to spit the seed back into his mouth after he cums into yours. That's why he can't hold up, you're drinking in all his male strength and fertility! Real talk.
it's a shame that even after swallowing all that jizz, he's still a beta pussy who lives to suck off lebron.

Bynumite
06-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Kobe has never had nearly as much responsibility, and even ignoring that point, he was only dominant in 1, maybe 2 of his 7 Finals appearances..

Would you say it's salty or does lebron eat a lot of pineapples?

HarlemHeat37
Lebron was horrible tonight, didn't state otherwise, but it's not mental:lol..he's exhausted, he's having trouble finishing shots he makes in his sleep, it's not a mental block:lol..

StrengthAndHonor

Well no argument there tbh. See my previous post. I agree its not fair to Lebron but he's not doing himself a favor right now. He just needs to go MVP on the Spurs.

Killakobe81
06-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Look I have given the man mad props all season long but these passive stretches are concerning ...
Wade has,played better and Bosh well he is kinda a pussy ...but no excuses. He has to bring enough machismo for them both.

Bynumite
06-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Lebron was horrible tonight, didn't state otherwise, but it's not mental:lol..he's exhausted, he's having trouble finishing shots he makes in his sleep, it's not a mental block:lol..

He's been horrible in the Finals not just tonight, averaging 17 point on 42% shooting so far. The help carried him in game 2 tbh.

Bynumite
06-11-2013, 11:28 PM
It's mind blowing how a 4 time MVP can't take advantage of all the open looks the spurs give him consistently.

Kobe would go ham with all that room to operate instead of the usual two hands in his face.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
He's been horrible in the Finals not just tonight, averaging 17 point on 42% shooting so far. The help carried him in game 2 tbh.

Lebron had a solid game 2, only people that don't understand basketball think otherwise:lol..he directly affected virtually every point Miami scored during their backbreaking run, and he was completely dominant on defense..

Game 1: Above average
Game 2: Solid
Game 3: Horrible

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 11:32 PM
It's mind blowing how a 4 time MVP can't take advantage of all the open looks the spurs give him consistently.

Kobe would go ham with all that room to operate instead of the usual two hands in his face.

Of course Kobe would dominate, he doesn't have to exert energy in any other facet of the game:lol..

DAF86
06-11-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm a Lebron fan but his struggles certainly look mental, the Spurs are dearing him to shoot and he's not pulling the trigger and when he does he looks uncomfortable as fuck.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM
dunno how you can say lebron had a solid game 2, when he was cold as fuck till he started to pad his stats in the 4th quarter on that run...

dude stop posting misleading shit, dude was cold for 3 quarters, missed like his first 10 shots in game 2...

Bynumite
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Of course Kobe would dominate, he doesn't have to exert energy in any other facet of the game:lol..

You really are a chicken shit faggit with Lebeta's dick really far up your ass :lmao

So that's your excuse for a 4 time MVP not hitting open jumpers? Not enough energy? He's just a mental midget son... simple as that.

Sure, the end result was fucked up but a 34 year old Kobe was putting up career numbers while averaging 39 minutes a game this season.

Lebron is an athletic freak in his prime, the energy excuse won't fly.

mercos
06-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Lebron is struggling because he has run into a pair of elite defenders who are able to pressure him for 48 minutes. He is also facing triple teams when he drives into the lane. I don't care how good you are, no perimeter player is going to consistently score on triple teams. People are being to hard on Lebron, tbh. The Spurs have focused on him, and he has facilitated accordingly. Not his fault when his shooters miss.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Lebron is struggling because he has run into a pair of elite defenders who are able to pressure him for 48 minutes. He is also facing triple teams when he drives into the lane. I don't care how good you are, no perimeter player is going to consistently score on triple teams. People are being to hard on Lebron, tbh. The Spurs have focused on him, and he has facilitated accordingly. Not his fault when his shooters miss.

imagine if jax was on the team thats 3 elite defenders to throw at the heats perimeter players

dont forget diaw did a good job on lebron in game 1

koriwhat
06-12-2013, 12:07 AM
excuses seems to be all the heat and their fans have

StrengthAndHonor
06-12-2013, 12:08 AM

The Spurs are employing the same type of defense to every perimeter oriented teams out there. It just so happen that Lebron's the only player to struggle? I can't just put two and two together but its simply not just the Spurs defense. It plays a huge role sure, but Lebron inability to drain his jumpers is also another factor. He's been pretty good with stand still mid range but dribble and a pull up is not Lebron's biggest strength.

Spoesltra needs to put this guy in the post. I bet he does far more damage that way than his usual mid range game jump shot which he has been doing for the past 2 games and is unsuccessful.

Kidd K
06-12-2013, 12:13 AM
LeBron's surrounded by talented players.

LeBron's a great talent, but his team is not an excuse anymore. Yes, other guys have had greater help in the past (like having prime Shaq on their team), but the Heat are not the Cavs. The Cavs would've struggled to make the playoffs without LeBron. This Heat team would probably be the 3 or 4 seed without LeBron and possibly make the ECF depending on if they ran into the Pacers or not.

mercos
06-12-2013, 12:19 AM
The Spurs are employing the same type of defense to every perimeter oriented teams out there. It just so happen that Lebron's the only player to struggle? I can't just put two and two together but its simply not just the Spurs defense. It plays a huge role sure, but Lebron inability to drain his jumpers is also another factor. He's been pretty good with stand still mid range but dribble and a pull up is not Lebron's biggest strength.

Spoesltra needs to put this guy in the post. I bet he does far more damage that way than his usual mid range game jump shot which he has been doing for the past 2 games and is unsuccessful.

Spurs were able to contain Steph Curry and Klay Thompson as well. Pop is excellent at finding and exploiting an opponents weakness.

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2013, 12:20 AM
:lmao no, they wouldn't, especially with current Wade and his knees..

Miami without Lebron would be Milwaukee, tbh..

Do you guys realize 2013 Lebron in the playoffs is one of 3 guys in the modern era to make the Finals with his 2nd option averaging less than 15 PPG?:lol..only 2003 Duncan and 1994 Hakeem did it, too..

He also leads Miami in playoffs PPG, RPG, APG and SPG, I don't know how many players have led a team to the Finals by leading all those categories, I don't know if it has ever been done, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2013, 12:21 AM
dunno how you can say lebron had a solid game 2, when he was cold as fuck till he started to pad his stats in the 4th quarter on that run...

dude stop posting misleading shit, dude was cold for 3 quarters, missed like his first 10 shots in game 2...

He was the first player in the Finals in like 30 years to put up 18, 8, 7 with 3 steals and 3 blocks..

He was also like +30 in the game..

Chinook
06-12-2013, 12:23 AM
He's getting Randolph'd, though. I wonder how long it will be before players just start playing him one-on-one and him still missing shots.

Clipper Nation
06-12-2013, 06:10 AM
And maybe they should start playing like it, tbh....

LkrFan
06-12-2013, 06:27 AM
You really are a chicken shit faggit with Lebeta's dick really far up your ass :lmao

So that's your excuse for a 4 time MVP not hitting open jumpers? Not enough energy? He's just a mental midget son... simple as that.

Sure, the end result was fucked up but a 34 year old Kobe was putting up career numbers while averaging 39 minutes a game this season.

Lebron is an athletic freak in his prime, the energy excuse won't fly.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/25351350/tumblr_m19uferQ5X1r6hmkyo1_500_large.gif

hitmanyr2k
06-12-2013, 09:55 AM
He has more responsibility than any player in NBA history, tbh..

He's the go-to scoring option, the offensive facilitator, the best rebounder and the defensive anchor on the team..going through entire playoff runs in the physical East while playing every single key role on your team is a gruelling task, tbh..

Any player in history would be exhausted in his role, but luckily for them, they haven't had to play his role..

2011 Lebron suffered from the same problem, as is 2013 Lebron at the moment..why was 2012 Lebron an exception? Because it was a shortened season, so playing every role for 2 months less wasn't as taxing on his body, tbh(and why it was arguably the best individual playoff run in history)..

Nah, this season the Heat had a cakewalk to the Finals until the ECF and even that shit team shouldn't have taken them 7 games. The 2012 Finals were no different than this year. Lebron couldn't hit a jumpshot to save his life in last years Finals but Scott Brooks was too much of an imbecile to see the blueprint the 2011 Mavs laid out right in front of him. Put a lengthy, athletic defender on Lebron, cut off his driving lanes and dare him to beat you from the perimeter. Brooks thought Ibaka's over-hyped shot blocking ability would be enough to close off the paint but it wasn't and Brooks never adjusted. As a result Lebron got to the rim at will and the majority of his points that series was in the paint. Popovich clearly isn't making the same mistake.

cesare borgia
06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
The spurs are daring Lebron, to shoot jumpers. They never play Durant or Kobe like that. Spurs is playing mind games with Lebron, with this defensive strategy.

Jt.ONE
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
why has this postseason been so taxing for lebron?

- the heat cruised by the bucks in round 1; practically blowing out every single game
- the bulls played physical in round 2; but it still went 4-1 with i think 2 blow out wins for the heat
- the only real lengthy 7 game grind matchup against the pacers

i personally think its a combo lebron a bit anxious for revenge from 2007 ++ the rest of his team becoming cavs version 2.0 (:lol wade, bosh, etc)

spurraider21
06-12-2013, 03:01 PM
:cry physical eastern conference :cry

:lmao the BUCKS

jimbo
06-12-2013, 04:27 PM
:cry physical eastern conference :cry

:lmao the BUCKS

applicable till Achilles retires

:lmao the LAKERS

~O~
06-12-2013, 04:40 PM
The Miami Heat quite simply ran out of plays. If you know anything about play making and not seeing through a bandwagoner or homer's eyes, you'd know their goose is cooked. When LeBron was out there doing ISO plays while everyone stood around, that's when you know its over. They were out of their system and offense.

Greg Popovich is a great coach and if you were to say anything negative about his decision making, I'd deem you a pathological idiot. In other words, you'll be an idiot for the rest of your life.

Hoops Czar
06-12-2013, 05:26 PM
He has more responsibility than any player in NBA history, tbh.
I stopped reading right here. He left Cleveland because he didn't have the help and now you're saying he has to do it all in Miami because he doesn't have the help eventhough he's playing on a team that features 4 future hall of famers (Wade, Bosh, allen). You're so fucking full of yourself. Go back and look at your post from last year... Bosh, being one of the best big men, Wade, the best two guard in the league and that was before the arrival of Ray Allen. You're the biggest phony on Spurstalk. Take off your damn clown shoes.

Oh, and speaking of 2012, the Miami heat wouldn't have beaten the Thunder without the so-called help contributing.... Chalmers, Battier, Miller ect. I guess it's relatively easy for a simpleton to say that Lebron plays on an island by himself rather than to give credit to the Spurs defense for shutting down Miami's offense. Your argument laughably falls on deaf ears.

Raven
06-12-2013, 05:34 PM

true, there is a reason if Mike Miller is playing so well.

Raven
06-12-2013, 05:38 PM
The spurs are daring Lebron, to shoot jumpers. They never play Durant or Kobe like that. Spurs is playing mind games with Lebron, with this defensive strategy.

that's because you don't need a strategy to defend Achilles, he just chucks his team out of the game pretty much without anyone even asking.

Raven
06-12-2013, 05:41 PM

LeBron's a great talent, but his team is not an excuse anymore. Yes, other guys have had greater help in the past (like having prime Shaq on their team), but the Heat are not the Cavs. The Cavs would've struggled to make the playoffs without LeBron. This Heat team would probably be the 3 or 4 seed without LeBron and possibly make the ECF depending on if they ran into the Pacers or not.

maybe you meant Lebron is surrounded by ex talented players.

Hoops Czar
06-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Harlem, is that you?

Phillip
06-12-2013, 06:00 PM

Well, to be fair, Jordan and Kobe both TRIED to do it.

It resulted in a bunch of 1st and 2nd round losses for them though. Lebron has somehow gotten to the finals 4 times now, and has won once, perhaps a second time. Does anyone honestly think, that if Lebron had a guy like prime Pippen, or prime Gasol at his side (basically, someone who can consistently manufacture points on their own and have an offense ran through them at times to take heat off the #1 option), that he wouldn't have already won 3-4 championships by now? How about having a prime Shaq to play alongside?

I'm not sure any player in history has done more with less help, than Lebron has.

Raven
06-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Harlem, is that you?

:lol not really.. well i'm not really one to defend them, but really Allen wouldn't be with the Heat for 3M if he wasn't a TOSB, Wade's knees are well known, James Jones and Mike Miller would have retired last year if not for their guaranteed big money, Shane Battier is officially a TOSB Kidd style. They did well in picking Andersen, but he too, was out of the league and is pretty old himself. I'm not saying that he needs more help or whatever, just that it's not easy to create such an awesome roster as the spurs did, and it's unfair to expect Lebron to guard pretty much everybody while fighting through triple screens.

Raven
06-12-2013, 06:06 PM

It resulted in a bunch of 1st and 2nd round losses for them though. Lebron has somehow gotten to the finals 4 times now, and has won once, perhaps a second time. Does anyone honestly think, that if Lebron had a guy like prime Pippen, or prime Gasol at his side (basically, someone who can consistently manufacture points on their own and have an offense ran through them at times to take heat off the #1 option), that he wouldn't have already won 3-4 championships by now? How about having a prime Shaq to play alongside?

I'm not sure any player in history has done more with less help, than Lebron has.

i agree, but i just don't think it would make as much difference if he had a prime Pippen instead of a TOSB Wade against this year's Spurs, there is just to many poisons out there and the whole team needs to contribute. It just isn't a starpower thing.

Phillip
06-12-2013, 06:06 PM

This.

They are pretty much doing EXACTLY what the Mavs did in 11. He didn't choke against Dallas like people want to say and believe. They took his strengths away, and outside of Wade, no one consistently stepped up to help, plus they had no way to consistently contain Dirk on defense. San Antonio is doing the same, in taking his strengths away. So far though, on defense the problem has been that the Spurs have been shooting lights out. I'm curious to see that when Miami makes some adjustments, and those 3's stop falling, if anyone can carry the team the way Dirk did for the Mavs. I think Miami is equipped to keep Parker from being that guy, as defense on perimeter players seem to be their specialty. They are good at taking away strengths from guards, but big men can really hurt them. Duncan is the guy who needs to step up for that purpose IMO.

Phillip
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
i agree, but i just don't think it would make as much difference if he had a prime Pippen instead of a TOSB Wade against this year's Spurs, there is just to many poisons out there and the whole team needs to contribute. It just isn't a starpower thing.

errr... prime Pippen would definitely have been the difference between a close 4 point loss, and a Heat win in game 1. Wade was absolutely awful in all aspects of the game, especially defense. Pippen wouldn't have been so pathetically bad defensively, and would have done the junk work that Miami sorely lacked in that game, like rebounding, boxing out, and bringing energy in general to the team.

Phillip
06-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I stopped reading right here. He left Cleveland because he didn't have the help and now you're saying he has to do it all in Miami because he doesn't have the help eventhough he's playing on a team that features 4 future hall of famers (Wade, Bosh, allen).

That would be like saying its a travesty that the 1996 Rockets didn't win it all, since they had future HOFs in Hakeem (one of the best Cs ever), Barkley (one of the best PFs ever), and Drexler (one of the best SGs ever).

Wade, Bosh, and Allen are all TOSBs at this point.

Hoops Czar
06-12-2013, 06:16 PM

4 straight finals for Lebron? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? But, I see where you're going with this. He's halfway to becoming Jim Kelly. That's some rarefied air right there. Too bad the Bills couldn't benefit from a strike shortened season. Maybe they'd have on too.

Hoops Czar
06-12-2013, 06:18 PM
That would be like saying its a travesty that the 1996 Rockets didn't win it all, since they had future HOFs in Hakeem (one of the best Cs ever), Barkley (one of the best PFs ever), and Drexler (one of the best SGs ever).

Wow, nobody complained about Wade and Bosh last postseason. And now they're washed up. Well, that was fast.

hater
06-12-2013, 06:34 PM
:lmao Bosh is 29 years old

:lol TOSB

:lmao Allen is shooting 70% from 3pt land in the finals. That's the sole reason he was signed with MIA

:lol not to mention Miler is shooting over 80% from 3PT land and Bigbird is shooting similarly close to 80% FG all in the Finals

:cry no supporting cast :cry

:lol excuses

Hoops Czar
06-12-2013, 06:43 PM

:lmao Allen is shooting 70% from 3pt land in the finals. That's the sole reason he was signed with MIA

:lol not to mention Miler is shooting over 80% from 3PT land and Bigbird is shooting similarly close to 80% FG all in the Finals

Exactly. And Wade is only 31. This is just another HarlemHeat cry me a river thread. Usually pops up everytime the heat lose a game as a way of giving tribute to Lebron and laying out his teammates.

Kidd K
06-12-2013, 07:21 PM

And maybe they should start playing like it, tbh....

I can kinda reply to both of you at once (both replied to me/the same post).

Sometimes you have to give credit to the defense. I know you guys hate hearing me say shit like this, but fans who didn't follow the Spurs probably didn't realize how good Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Tim Duncan were defensively this year. The Spurs' best 3 defenders play and defend the positions of Miami's big 3. That isn't an accident, the Spurs organization did that on purpose (at least in the case of adding Leonard and grooming Green).

Their big 3 was never going to run over the Spurs and light them up. They don't have the best guys in the NBA for the job, but they definitely have the right type of guys for the job. All three pretty much focus most of their energy on defense but are still scoring threats. It was a very favorable matchup going into the series.

Splits
06-12-2013, 07:28 PM

:lol No

Wade is the same age as Parker. Bosh is 2 years younger. Ray Allen, maybe, but dude is the same age as Duncan and has been making plenty of shots.

Phillip
06-12-2013, 07:32 PM

hitting some wide open shots, and having an offense ran through you are two completely different things.

if you could choose between running an offense through Steve Kerr or Scottie Pippen, who do you take?

":cry :cry :cry but but but Kerr shoots a high percentage from 3!!!! :cry :cry :cry"

dumbass reasoning tbh. not a shocker considering the moron its coming from

Phillip
06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
:lol No

Wade is the same age as Parker. Bosh is 2 years younger. Ray Allen, maybe, but dude is the same age as Duncan and has been making plenty of shots.

Exactly. And Wade is only 31. This is just another HarlemHeat cry me a river thread. Usually pops up everytime the heat lose a game as a way of giving tribute to Lebron and laying out his teammates.

Ah, so being of young age means more than the level that you are playing at.

Gotcha.

Yeah, this argument would be relevant, if Wade and Bosh were playing like they were 29 and 31. They are playing at a level that you would expect from either washed up superstars at 34 and 36. Either that, or perhaps they were simply never quite as good or talented as people believed they were. Or maybe they are simply more injured than we thought they were. Either way, they most certainly are not playing like stars in their prime, like you would expect from a 29 and 31 year old. Something here isn't adding up by the way they are playing.

Phillip
06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
4 straight finals for Lebron? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? But, I see where you're going with this. He's halfway to becoming Jim Kelly. That's some rarefied air right there. Too bad the Bills couldn't benefit from a strike shortened season. Maybe they'd have on too.

wtf are you talking about? who said anything about 4 straight finals?

hater
06-12-2013, 07:38 PM
hitting some wide open shots, and having an offense ran through you are two completely different things.

if you could choose between running an offense through Steve Kerr or Scottie Pippen, who do you take?

":cry :cry :cry but but but Kerr shoots a high percentage from 3!!!! :cry :cry :cry"

dumbass reasoning tbh. not a shocker considering the moron its coming from

so now the Heat offense has to run through Allen, Miller and Bigbird???? :lmao

if that's the case the Heat would have lost long ago. LMAO all those players mentioned prove the Heat 3 have a good supporting cast.

It's up to the big 3, which are all 31 or younger to step up. :lmao calling them TOSB

you are really embarrassing yourself out here

Phillip
06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
so now the Heat offense has to run through Allen, Miller and Bigbird???? :lmao

if that's the case the Heat would have lost long ago. LMAO all those players mentioned prove the Heat 3 have a good supporting cast.

who said to run the offense through them? initially, i said he isn't getting support. you said "oh but some shooters and slashers are scoring at a high percentage:cry:cry". I pointed out that they are simply hitting wide open shots, like they should be, and that lebron needs help in having someone that can have an offense ran through them. then you respond with this bullshit. fucking idiot.

It's up to the big 3, which are all 31 or younger to step up. :lmao calling them TOSB

you are really embarrassing yourself out here

what has Wade or Bosh done all postseason to make anyone believe they are playing at a level other than what you would expect from a TOSB? nothing.

they are not literally TOSB, but these playoffs, they are playing as if they are.

hater
06-12-2013, 07:48 PM
who said to run the offense through them? initially, i said he isn't getting support. you said "oh but some shooters and slashers are scoring at a high percentage:cry:cry". I pointed out that they are simply hitting wide open shots, like they should be, and that lebron needs help in having someone that can have an offense ran through them. then you respond with this bullshit. fucking idiot.

LOL all Lebron the "GOAT" needs is to have shooters around him (along with Wade and Bosh). What are you saying, that he needs prime Steve Nash out there now? :lol

the Heat was assembled this way, Lebron was supposed to run the entire offense along with Wade. :rolleyes

If you are saying the Heat team as constructed is flawed, then that's a different story. The 3 superfriends united to have THIS kind of team. It's on them.

what has Wade or Bosh done all postseason to make anyone believe they are playing at a level other than what you would expect from a TOSB? nothing.

they are not literally TOSB, but these playoffs, they are playing as if they are.

and Ginobili and Parker are playing like TOSB this series too. :cry Duncan is not getting the support he needs :cry

Baynes
06-12-2013, 07:50 PM
physical East

:rollin:lol:rollin

Phillip
06-12-2013, 08:00 PM
LOL all Lebron the "GOAT" needs is to have shooters around him (along with Wade and Bosh). What are you saying, that he needs prime Steve Nash out there now? :lol

what superstar has ever carried a team to a championship with nothing except shooters around him? basically every championship team has always had at least one other option that you can run an offense through effectively.

the Heat was assembled this way, Lebron was supposed to run the entire offense along with Wade. :rolleyes

I agree. Except there has been one problem... Wade has not shown any capability of running an offense in this postseason.

If you are saying the Heat team as constructed is flawed, then that's a different story. The 3 superfriends united to have THIS kind of team. It's on them.

It is somewhat flawed, but should have not been something that they would struggle to overcome. Then again, as I said earlier, perhaps Bosh and Wade simply were not as good as we thought, and were mainly stat-whores on bad teams, with the exception of Wade playing alongside a motivated Shaq that actually was in shape for a couple years (who mainly wanted to stick it to Kobe). Funny thing is, there was never talk of Wade winning MVP when they played together. Only talk of Shaq. Perhaps Wade got overrated somewhere along the line... who knows? Either way, he pretty much hasn't looked anything like we expected him to look when they put this team together.

and Ginobili and Parker are playing like TOSB this series too. :cry Duncan is not getting the support he needs :cry

Parker played fine in game 1. Game 3 the Spurs needed to have garbage like Gary Neal and Danny Green somehow combine for 51 points, along with the Heat being incapable of hitting anything.

There is plenty of series left to be played, and I fully expect Miami to win in the end. But if Wade and Bosh keep playing this bad, it won't matter what Lebron does, Miami simply won't be able to win. That's what's ridiculous here, is that everyone is trying to find any way to blame Lebron for these struggles, but how can you, when he is getting doubled and tripled every time he tries to make an aggressive move to the bucket, and consistently gets trapped on the perimeter? San Antonio is just BEGGING Wade and Bosh to hit some wide open shots, and they are not coming through. If they found a way to make San Antonio pay for the way they are defending LeBron, then things would be much different. But so far, they aren't, and so obviously LeBron is struggling. No different than MJs struggles in his early years when teams like Boston and Detroit would send waves of defenders at him, and dare his teammates to step up, and they often didn't. He had some pretty poor shooting games and series in those years. When Pippen finally grew a pair and made defenses pay for how they defended MJ, things changed.

DMC
06-12-2013, 08:02 PM
I didn't read the entire thread because most of you don't have anything to say that's worth reading, however Lebron's struggles are caused by the amount of expectations heaped on him. He's not good at carrying the torch alone. He's been told by Wade (no less) that he's taking too many shots. then he's tries to get Wade involved and then he's told he's not shooting enough. He's expected to always lead in rebounds, assists and points. Meanwhile Bosh and Wade are legriding him for all he's worth. Mike Miller can hit from anywhere, but he's not getting the touches to make a difference. Wade is an anchor around Lebron's ankles, the whole "it's his team" thing is costing the Heat. They think they have to have all three stars performing but it's more of an effort to get everyone involved than it is to just play the game as it comes to them. Second guessing shots and trying to force things so everyone gets involved because that's what they say he needs to do, that's costing Lebron the swag he would have if he were just running the offense and others were getting touches where they can get them.

The Spurs will have the paint open now, so Tony has to drive and the bigs have to finish. However at the other end Lebron has to continue to shoot with confidence. He cannot abandon what got him here. Their problems stem from lack of perimeter defense, yet no one is talking about that.

hater
06-12-2013, 08:04 PM
what superstar has ever carried a team to a championship with nothing except shooters around him? basically every championship team has always had at least one other option that you can run an offense through effectively.

I agree. Except there has been one problem... Wade has not shown any capability of running an offense in this postseason.

It is somewhat flawed, but should have not been something that they would struggle to overcome. Then again, as I said earlier, perhaps Bosh and Wade simply were not as good as we thought, and were mainly stat-whores on bad teams, with the exception of Wade playing alongside a motivated Shaq that actually was in shape for a couple years (who mainly wanted to stick it to Kobe). Funny thing is, there was never talk of Wade winning MVP when they played together. Only talk of Shaq. Perhaps Wade got overrated somewhere along the line... who knows? Either way, he pretty much hasn't looked anything like we expected him to look when they put this team together.

Parker played fine in game 1. Game 3 the Spurs needed to have garbage like Gary Neal and Danny Green somehow combine for 51 points, along with the Heat being incapable of hitting anything.

There is plenty of series left to be played, and I fully expect Miami to win in the end. But if Wade and Bosh keep playing this bad, it won't matter what Lebron does, Miami simply won't be able to win. That's what's ridiculous here, is that everyone is trying to find any way to blame Lebron for these struggles, but how can you, when he is getting doubled and tripled every time he tries to make an aggressive move to the bucket, and consistently gets trapped on the perimeter? San Antonio is just BEGGING Wade and Bosh to hit some wide open shots, and they are not coming through. If they found a way to make San Antonio pay for the way they are defending LeBron, then things would be much different. But so far, they aren't, and so obviously LeBron is struggling. No different than MJs struggles in his early years when teams like Boston and Detroit would send waves of defenders at him, and dare his teammates to step up, and they often didn't. He had some pretty poor shooting games and series in those years. When Pippen finally grew a pair and made defenses pay for how they defended MJ, things changed.

Mario Chalmers is not scrub. He's a veteran of many Finals and would start on many NBA teams. Chalmers > Kerr tbh

the shooters are there

agree. plenty of Finals to be played. Spurs big 3 have been playing poorly as well this series. I don't see either big 3 outplaying the other so far. At the same time, you cannot say Green, Neal + Kawhi are shooting fluke shit, you have Miller and Allen shooting same fluky shit.

So far the difference has been the coaching IMO

still long series to go, unless Lebron quits

StrengthAndHonor
06-12-2013, 08:12 PM
I read all this Lebron needing a Scottie Pippen but tbqh, Lebron is practically playing Pippen's role in the Finals. He's doing everything well, rebounding, play making and has been solid defensively, and just like Pippen he's also playing passive offensively.

Lebron doesn't need a player like Pip besides him. He needs a player like Jordan tbh.

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2013, 08:28 PM
This.

They are pretty much doing EXACTLY what the Mavs did in 11. He didn't choke against Dallas like people want to say and believe. They took his strengths away, and outside of Wade, no one consistently stepped up to help, plus they had no way to consistently contain Dirk on defense. San Antonio is doing the same, in taking his strengths away. So far though, on defense the problem has been that the Spurs have been shooting lights out. I'm curious to see that when Miami makes some adjustments, and those 3's stop falling, if anyone can carry the team the way Dirk did for the Mavs. I think Miami is equipped to keep Parker from being that guy, as defense on perimeter players seem to be their specialty. They are good at taking away strengths from guards, but big men can really hurt them. Duncan is the guy who needs to step up for that purpose IMO.

The threes didn't fall in game one, and the Spurs got wide open 3s because the Hest are jamming the pick and roll and now doubling Duncan on the block. With Parker's iinjury the Heat will probably give Parker space in the next game so it will probably be up to him

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure why Wade at full strength is being mentioned, btw:lol(well I'm not surprised, since it's Hoops Czar, the same guy that thought the Nuggets were just as good as the Spurs, among many other bad takes:lol)..

Wade has been hobbled the entire playoffs, he's not even a top 50 player at the moment, tbh..not only has he been poor on offense, but his defense has been atrocious, most of Danny Green's makes have been due to Wade getting lost and being lazy, tbh..

Dwyane Wade in the playoffs: 17.2 PER, 49% TS, 101 offensive rating(by far the lowest on the Heat roster), and a 0.94 WS/48(worst on the Heat roster)..14.2 PPG:lol..

Just for comparison sake..

Manu Ginobili in the playoffs: 17.6 PER, 51% TS, 101 offensive rating, 1.29 WS/48..10.9 PPG..

Ginobili is the 5th best player on the Spurs roster, and he's been slightly worse than Wade in the playoffs, tbh:lol..

Wade will bounce back next year with a healthy knee and a rigorous offseason routine, but Wade on one knee in the playoffs has been an average player, at best..

If Lebron wins this series, it will be the greatest individual run in NBA history, surpassing Jordan in 91, tbh..

Hoops Czar
06-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure why Wade at full strength is being mentioned, btw:lol(well I'm not surprised, since it's Hoops Czar, the same guy that thought the Nuggets were just as good as the Spurs, among many other bad takes:lol).

Find me that post you sanctimonious mook. The only reason your prediction rate is so high is because you pick both teams. When one wins, oh gee, Harlem be right again. I can't believe anyone takes your shitty Spurs takes seriously when anyone paying attention knows your all in on the heat. As far as Wade is concerned, injuries are a part of the game. That doesn't affect your top 50 status you silly shit. He averaged over 21 points per game, shooting over 50% shooting during the regular season. Only TP shared that distinction. Your argument is laughable as is so many of your Lebron takes. Don't tell me Lebron doesn't have a supporting cast, you're just embarrassing yourself. Maybe you should give credit where credit is due for the first time in your life, the Spurs defense.

StrengthAndHonor
06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
If Lebron wins this series, it will be the greatest individual run in NBA history, surpassing Jordan in 91, tbh..

Tbh. I'd put it above anybody given the circumstance if this happen. But Lebron must play big the rest of the way.

nkdlunch
06-12-2013, 09:55 PM

Unless Parker is hurt

If Parker is hobled Lebron is the luckiest GOAT wanna be sine Kobe

D-Wade
06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Lebron's struggles are caused by the amount of expectations heaped on him. He's not good at carrying the torch alone. He's been told by Wade (no less) that he's taking too many shots. then he's tries to get Wade involved and then he's told he's not shooting enough. He's expected to always lead in rebounds, assists and points. Meanwhile Bosh and Wade are legriding him for all he's worth. Mike Miller can hit from anywhere, but he's not getting the touches to make a difference. Wade is an anchor around Lebron's ankles, the whole "it's his team" thing is costing the Heat. They think they have to have all three stars performing but it's more of an effort to get everyone involved than it is to just play the game as it comes to them. Second guessing shots and trying to force things so everyone gets involved because that's what they say he needs to do, that's costing Lebron the swag he would have if he were just running the offense and others were getting touches where they can get them.

Definitely some truth to this & pretty much what I said on my blog. Lebron has always been mentally shaky. And on some level, although what Wade said was true (if he and Bosh were holding up to their end of the bargain by playing well), it mind fucked LBJ.

Splits
06-12-2013, 10:12 PM
http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/a6554c14918ee5dc44af7d90df8673b5/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2011/05/chris-bosh-soft/rupaul-resized.jpg

Asif Ali Zardari
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
How many excuses does LeFlop need?:lmao

Just like the excuses in Cleveland. The Cavs were good enough to win 66 games in the regular season and the Heat were good enough to win 27 in a row, so there shouldn't be any excuses in the playoffs.

Kobe and Jordan carried worse supporting casts to championships.

Rogue
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Miami superfriends all look kind of older than their ages for some odd reason, pretty much like my goddess Scarlett. That's probably a cost of early blossom i guess. Duncan didn't join the league too early and that's why his good form sustains longer imho.

DMC
06-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Miami superfriends all look kind of older than their ages for some odd reason, pretty much like my goddess Scarlett. That's probably a cost of early blossom i guess. Duncan didn't join the league too early and that's why his good form sustains longer imho.

lol I thought you were done with the hooks of the whores. They are all the same, nothing but life support systems for their pussies and they suck men into them to milk a life's worth of support for the bastard fuck trophies that pop out.

Rogue
06-13-2013, 07:51 PM
lol I thought you were done with the hooks of the whores. They are all the same, nothing but life support systems for their pussies and they suck men into them to milk a life's worth of support for the bastard fuck trophies that pop out.
DMC always brings the truth bombs and it never disappoints me. I've been a life long celibate, and a hardcore misogynist since as early as i can remember. I slapped a shit out of a bitch's face when i was in the 3rd grade, I showed thump-down gestures to our physics teacher (who was female) right in the class room etc... Bitches are made to be subordinates to men, while to me and a couple friends, they ain't even our same species at all.

Some of my high school classmates referred to them bitches as "female monkeys", but i thought the term was too long so i would rather simply call them bitches (literally meaning "female dogs"). plus, monkeys are smart animals and i don't think bitches are that smart. monkeys are superior to other animals athletically and intelligently, and being called "monkeys" would be an eulogy to them bitches imho

most bitches have to dab 3-4 layers of chemical stuffs on their faces every morning in order to look good, and to sell them for good prices in the world of men, but I would never pay a dogshit for any stuffs the bitches peddle. I just appreciate Scarlett's beauty as a work of art, nothing else. I've claimed multiple times that I would never consider getting a bitch like this as my girlfriend even if you give me one in the real life. I'm a lifelong celibate and hardcore misogynist, and I would give everyone the privilege to kill me if I ever betrayed my belief.

Plus, Scarlett without makeup ain't much better than the bitches you see everyday at the bus station or a grocer. here's evidence

http://spanish.peopledaily.com.cn/mediafile/201109/27/F201109270854325732160591.jpg

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
:lol ESPN stealing my argument on their website today, tbh..

It sucks for Lebron, tbh, he has set the bar so high that 95% of basketball fans don't even acknowledge that he plays literally every role for his team, the wear and tear adds up, tbh..combining that with an elite opponent and the best coach to ever do it, and you get shitty results, like missing layups he makes 99% of the time, tbh..

It's evident that he has been out of gas since the Indiana series..carrying your team and playing every role on the team for 3 straight Finals runs is exhausting, tbh..