PDA

View Full Version : Game Day for the Ellis Family

Kori Ellis
06-12-2013, 12:27 AM
The day starts off great today... and then:

A wind/thunderstorm hits San Antonio on Tuesday late afternoon.

A huge -- I mean huge -- tree falls from our neighbor's yard into our yard, landing on our fence, doing some damage and scaring our kids.

The power goes out, causing Kori to lose part of a big work project on her computer.

The power comes back but the internet is out.

Don't worry, we have back-up internet. WTF?! Back-up internet and cable TV is also out.

We make a game-time decision to go rent a hotel room near our house to watch the game.

We get to the hotel and the room has a non-HDTV WTF?! but we Neal with it.

1st Quarter: The kids destroy the room like it's a frat party, smashing chips into the carpet and spilling sodas.

2nd Quarter: Our youngest son blows out his Pull-ups, while wrestling with our older son -- resulting in crap all over both of their clothes -- and the wall in the hotel room.

3rd Quarter: Our older son, overflows the toilet, causing a flood in the bathroom. We turn off the water source and use 12 towels to recover.

4th Quarter: Danny Green and Gary Neal are raining threes. Spurs head to Game 4 up 2-1.

We leave the hotel and come back home. Internet is back on.

timvp is upset about Parker's injury. Kori thinks the Spurs are going to win a title. Ellis kids are still awake after midnight.

How was your day?

http://i.imgur.com/ZxJV6.gif

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4723/nealgreen.jpg

100%duncan
06-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Heat in 5, imho.

ShoogarBear
06-12-2013, 12:31 AM
2nd Quarter: Our youngest son blows out his Pull-ups, while wrestling with our older son -- resulting in crap all over both of their clothes -- and the wall in the hotel room.

Foreshadowing the second half for the Heat.

T Park
06-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Yowzah...

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 12:33 AM
My day Kori ellis was all day at work then some supper and preparing things to eat the next day + bread.
Sleep 3 hours or less - make a bread and watch the spurs.

Watched the spurs and screamed !

Now eating breakfast cuz it's 730 am. Not going to sleep - going to ride some bicycle!
be back then - get some sleep I hope, go to the gym and then to the night shift.

btw. I wonder how much will be the additional cost for the little damage you made in the room.

Robz4000
06-12-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm with timvp on Parker, but feeling a bit better after seeing his postgame interview.

That thunderstorm was crazy on this side of town too.

Kori Ellis
06-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Take an afternoon nap, Poland. We cleaned up the room before we left. It should be fine -- other than a bunch of Doritos on the carpet.

#2!
06-12-2013, 12:36 AM

Birth control tbh.

GSH
1st Quarter: The kids destroy the room like it's a frat party, smashing chips into the carpet and spilling sodas.

3rd Quarter: Our older son, overflows the toilet, causing a flood in the bathroom. We turn off the water source and use 12 towels to recover.

OMG I laughed about that. It's way too familiar. I miss a lot about those days, but not those parts.

My son did a Power Ranger kick and wound up INSIDE our projection TV before one of the Spurs' Finals games, and we wound up renting a room, too. He was so scared that he didn't tell us about the broken arm until later that night when it started hurting like crazy. Oldest daughter always threw up when she got excited, and having a party in a big hotel room apparently was a big deal to her. We thought the youngest broke out in hives... but nooooo. Chicken pox. And that was also the night that we learned that Big Red is one stain that won't come out with any cleaner known to man.

No poop on the walls, though. :lol

Uriel
The Spurs' game was 9 AM here. My day's just getting started. :lol

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Take an afternoon nap, Poland. We cleaned up the room before we left. It should be fine -- other than a bunch of Doritos on the carpet.

Well I lacking in sleep department in the playoffs and with my job as well, plus the activities I want to make for me.
Also I have to pick up my cousin - 4yrs old and take care of him for 2hrs probably.

Btw. Can you do something more for the site to work better with huge traffic?

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Btw. weather is a bitch this couple of weeks in the States and in Europe

DJR210

LMFAO. My 2 month old son also blew out his diaper as well, getting shit on me and the people who passed him around failing to own the diaper change.

Kori Ellis
Btw. Can you do something more for the site to work better with huge traffic?

We turned off access for the guests during games to try to help but that only helps a little. We are trying to get an additional server added before the next game to help (the forum runs on two dedicated servers now).

timtonymanu
06-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Heat in 5, imho.

My "Heat in 6" prediction is still safe, tbh. :lol

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
06-12-2013, 12:42 AM
that storm was crazy I was on the highway stuck in traffic when it started Really coming down I could barely see a few feet in front of me it was some hurricane shit.

hooperflash
06-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Birth control tbh.

Watch it.

Seventyniner
06-12-2013, 12:47 AM
....and yet it was a good day.

#2!
06-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Watch it.

I meant knowing that could happen was good birth control for me.

easy killer.

DieMrBond
06-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Got up at 5am, an hour earlier than I should've, left for work, turned on the ESPN internet radio and listened to the game. Many a pumped fist was had.
Now I've eaten lunch, pretending to work whilst not worrying about TP's injury and laughing at my 5 year old sons new haircut. A mini-mohawk, complete with shaved arrows on the side.

Been a good day so far!

SpursFanFirst
06-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Foreshadowing the second half for the Heat.

:lol There are all sorts of clever comments being posted tonight.

milkyway21
06-12-2013, 01:00 AM
hope everything is okay now Kori. esp w/ the kids and your servers :)

we started the day in limbo hearing Duncan & TP were stuck in the traffic...thought Bonner will start for the Spurs alongside Splitter :lmao

thank God for Danny Green & Neal we pulled it off.

hoping nothing is serious with Parker...

Game 4 :flag:

Budkin
06-12-2013, 01:01 AM

I'm sure this had something to do with what we did to the Heat. :hat

Libri
06-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I liked the part about pull ups.

baseline bum
06-12-2013, 01:21 AM
ViK8PwbJmxo

Darkwaters
06-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Great to hear Kori Ellis. As crazy as it was, those are the kinds of memories your family will be talking about in 20 years. Especially if the end result is one of these: :lobt2:

MannyIsGod
06-12-2013, 01:31 AM

A huge -- I mean huge -- tree falls from our neighbor's yard into our yard, landing on our fence, doing some damage and scaring our kids.

The power goes out, causing Kori to lose part of a big work project on her computer.

Don't worry, we have back-up internet. WTF?! Back-up internet and cable TV is also out.

We make a game-time decision to go rent a hotel room near our house to watch the game.

4th Quarter: Danny Green and Gary Neal are raining threes. Spurs head to Game 4 up 2-1.

timvp is upset about Parker's injury. Kori thinks the Spurs are going to win a title. Ellis kids are still awake after midnight.

How was your day?

So what you're saying is that you basically just had an old school GTG.

T Park
06-12-2013, 01:32 AM
I meant knowing that could happen was good birth control for me.

easy killer.

Drink draino. Tbh

lefty
06-12-2013, 01:38 AM
So basically the rest of us missed the best parts of the 2nd and 3rd quarters

hsxvvd
06-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Got up at 5am, an hour earlier than I should've, left for work, turned on the ESPN internet radio and listened to the game. Many a pumped fist was had.
Now I've eaten lunch, pretending to work whilst not worrying about TP's injury and laughing at my 5 year old sons new haircut. A mini-mohawk, complete with shaved arrows on the side.

Been a good day so far!

That sounds like some birdman shit right there... next up.... neck tattoos!

hsxvvd
06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
I had a tooth shatter into pieces three days ago, but held off until today to see a dentist, so I could get a doctor's certificate and take the day off to watch the game.

timvp
06-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Today was a damn great day, tbh.

taps
06-12-2013, 01:53 AM
An absolutely Spurs story thanks for sharing.

Kori Ellis
06-12-2013, 01:55 AM
So... who do you guys think should pay to move the tree? Us? Neighbors?

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 01:57 AM

USA wtf? :huh

Or just remove it on your own SPURS POWER !

GSH
06-12-2013, 01:57 AM

If the roots and trunk are/were in their yard, it's their baby. Their homeowners should take care of it, but it's on them one way or another.

T Park
06-12-2013, 01:58 AM

Neighbors. Their tree.

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 01:59 AM
If the country cannot do it then neighbors when it's their own tree

Kori Ellis
06-12-2013, 02:00 AM
USA wtf? :huh

Or just remove it on your own SPURS POWER !

:lol If it were easy, we'd just move it and trash it. It's like a 40+ foot tree.

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 02:00 AM
:lol If it were easy, we'd just move it and trash it. It's like a 40+ foot tree.

Yup I was j/k ;)

Kori Ellis
06-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Today was a damn great day, tbh.

True. Funny (messy) day, but really good.

Even though I have to re-do my work :(

carina_gino20
06-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Rinse and Repeat, Kori. :lol

:tu

DieMrBond
06-12-2013, 02:08 AM
That sounds like some birdman shit right there... next up.... neck tattoos!

No, even at this age and in a different country - they know which team is the correct one to be following - I'm not THAT bad a parent ;)

Mal
06-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Btw. weather is a bitch this couple of weeks in the States and in Europe

Werent you from northern Poland ? Weather is beautiful here.

temujin
06-12-2013, 02:56 AM
Told my son NOT to wake up in the middle of the night to watch a basketball game.
"You are up with some important tests next week, stay crisp during the day and focus on them!"

Woke up for breakfast, bad sign: when Spurs win, he usually wakes me up.
Meet him in the kitchen for breakfast.
Silence.
Terrible sign.
Finally I ask: "So they lost?"
He says nothing.
"Was it close?"
"No".
"So did you wake up to watch them lose?"
Silence again. Then.
"I did watch the game and didn't regret it a bit. We need to learn how to record this thing from internet, because this is one for the ages. Nillo and DVerde scored like 15 3s. Ridiculous."

On to a nice day.

polandprzem
06-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Werent you from northern Poland ? Weather is beautiful here.

Joooooo

ale na dole popadało

#2!
06-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Drink draino. Tbh

No way, am I finally controversial enough to get noticed!?

:jack

heyheymymy
06-12-2013, 05:39 AM
Rinse and Repeat, Kori. :lol

:tu
rinse and repeat, maybe with some anti bacterial what with the diaper blowout and all

travis2
06-12-2013, 06:13 AM

How was your day?

:lmao

Been there, done most of that. Just not all at the same time.

spursfan09
06-12-2013, 06:27 AM
I'm pregnant with my first. He's due July 18th. This post scares me

Splits
06-12-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm pregnant with my first. He's due July 18th. This post scares me

Just had my first 6 weeks ago, don't be scared or listen to the horror stories. Best. Shit. Evah. I'd post pics of my little guy in Spurs gear except for the fact that they'd tear him apart downstairs (he's a ginger;)

The Reckoning
06-12-2013, 07:02 AM
yeah im 2 months in. scary.

smaka
06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
I was waving with a towel, Patty-Mills-stlye, in my living room from 3-6 am. Now rocking my Spurs t-shirt proudly :hat It's a good day!

Legacy
06-12-2013, 07:14 AM
ViK8PwbJmxo

:tu That's what I'm talking about! '90s OGs UNITE. These days were MY good ol' days! :music :hat

exstatic
06-12-2013, 07:17 AM

She didn't say someone threw up UNDER the bed, Manny....

:lol:rollin

hsxvvd
06-12-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm a single Dad with two little boys under the age of two. The eldest is old enough to chant "Go Spurs Go".

Only concern you newbie parents have is to keep your celebrations in check so as not to wake them during precious nap time.

My issue is the youngest gets a little scared when daddy screams and fist pumps during games.

easjer
06-12-2013, 07:23 AM
I love hearing about your awesome kids. Vivienne is 13 mos and she watches a little of the games with me. She gets excited and claps whenever they score because I am cheering. We watched 1st qtr at my mom's house (pick her up there and eat dinner with mom), then had to get home for baby girl's bedtime. She's in a clinging to SFIE phase, so he put her to bed while I flipped on the laptop and followed the box score until he came down at the half. Nerves and the need to keep it quiet meant we followed the third qtr via box score then turned on tv for fourth. No blowouts, fortunately, or much bedtime fuzziness. TBH, one of my best times right now US watching these three-quarters with her. She watches, and it holds her attention, she thinks it's funny to watch me get excited, and she cuddles with me, which is rare these days!

spursfan09
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Just had my first 6 weeks ago, don't be scared or listen to the horror stories. Best. Shit. Evah. I'd post pics of my little guy in Spurs gear except for the fact that they'd tear him apart downstairs (he's a ginger;)

:lol that's so awesome! Congrats!

tah
06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
I had a tooth shatter into pieces three days ago, but held off until today to see a dentist, so I could get a doctor's certificate and take the day off to watch the game.

How did your tooth shatter? And I like your dedication!

Splits
06-12-2013, 08:29 AM
:lol that's so awesome! Congrats!

:lol fuck it

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/cedileo.jpg

Spurs9
06-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks Kori for providing the forum for us to have a place to talk about the wins or smack talk other teams. :toast

pgardn
06-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Same old stuff...

Rock bands decimating hotel rooms, wine, women, the boys fighting.

That storm was awesome, for a short while. SA is actually green this year. More please.

rascal
06-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Should have left the kids at home with a baby sitter.

703 Spurz
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM

How was your day?

That's a lot of friggin' kids

GrandeDavid
06-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Fairly uneventful for me. Watched first half with my folks and wife while my daughter played. Went home at halftime and was blessed that my daughter fell fast asleep (she's three) so I was able to watch the second half with undivided attention.

BillMc
06-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Strangely there was a big storm here in Ukraine too. Celebrated the win, but the TP injury scares me enough to ruin my day.

Splits
06-12-2013, 09:07 AM

I have a great local guy who will do it on the cheap if you end up paying for it yourself. PM me for deets if needed.

Solid D
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
:lol bless your hearts. So glad the Spurs won..haha!

Gervin44Silas13
06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
LMAO.....at this post!

Libri
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Kori Ellis

How many pull ups can he do?

silverblk mystix
06-12-2013, 03:37 PM

How was your day?

While reading this I imagined the soundtrack being "Seven Nation Army" ....lol...freakin' awesome!

SpursWoman
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM

And that was little A. portraying me getting %$#* all over the bathroom walls. :nerd

Phenomanul
06-12-2013, 03:49 PM
What a day!

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Went to a restaurant to watch the game. There were several Heat fans there, cheering loudly at first, but they left in the 3rd quarter!

50 cent
06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
How many kids do you guys have now?

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 05:15 AM
My "Heat in 6" prediction is still safe, tbh. :lol

Ya'll stick with that, I'll stick with this::

Spurs in 6, 108.

:lol