PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron due for a huge game

StrengthAndHonor
06-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Coming right up in game 4. He's been too passive. I refuse to believe this is all Lebron can bring to the table. I actually really like this guy (hate his homers though). he's due for a big game.

37 points, 8 rebs, 9 assist game

44 pts, 8 rebs, 7 assist game

48 pts 12 rebs, 7 assist game

50 pt mark since Jordan?

I don't care which, he'll have that "it" game of the Finals win or lose similar to his valiant effort against Orlando in 2009.

Venti Quattro
06-12-2013, 12:40 AM
It won't matter if Wade and Bosh won't show up.

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2013, 12:42 AM
too bad Bonner's hitting 6 threes on thursday

irishock
06-12-2013, 12:44 AM
If all goes exactly according to the pattern set in 2011::

LeBron is set for 8 points in game 4.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 12:49 AM
remember in 07 openning game of the season, he dunked on duncans grill
duncan had the last laugh

game 2 13 series he blocks splitter like he won a championship
cant wait

mercos
06-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Possible, but not probable at this point. You can't take what isn't there, and the Spurs have closed the paint to Lebron. Unless he catches fire with his jumper, I don't see a big scoring barrage coming from Lebron James, especially when the Spurs are leaving Miami's shooters open. People seem to be under the illusion that Lebron can go 1 on 5 and drive to the paint whenever he wants. That is not how basketball works. The Spurs are playing fantastic individual and team defense, and as long as they stay disciplined, Lebron will be contained.

Jacob1983
06-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Lebron sucks. Plain and simple. He is the most overhyped and most overrated player in NBA history. The Jordan-Lebron comparisons should be illegal now. It should be a felony to compare Lebron to Jordan. It should be a misdemeanor to compare Lebron to Magic.

AchillesHeel
06-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Lebron will have at least one decent game IMO, I think his jumper will fall for one game like it did against Boston last year but if Wade and co. don't show up it won't be enough. MJ was a good mid-range shooter and had elite post game, Lebron has none of that. His jumper is so damn inconsistent.

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2013, 01:17 AM
He didn't take any blame in the 2011 loss to the Mavs, but he blamed himself after tonight's loss and said he takes full responsibility..we'll see how he responds..

StrengthAndHonor
06-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Possible, but not probable at this point. You can't take what isn't there, and the Spurs have closed the paint to Lebron. Unless he catches fire with his jumper, I don't see a big scoring barrage coming from Lebron James, especially when the Spurs are leaving Miami's shooters open. People seem to be under the illusion that Lebron can go 1 on 5 and drive to the paint whenever he wants. That is not how basketball works. The Spurs are playing fantastic individual and team defense, and as long as they stay disciplined, Lebron will be contained.
fwiw 2008 celtics thought they had figured out lebron. held lebron to 18 ppg avg in the first 4 games. james responded with 35, 32 and 45 pts in the next 3 games. that celtics team was far better defensively than this spurs.

great players always make adjustments.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 01:54 AM
too much focus on lebron shit game that his going to show up is like saying when is the spurs big3 going to show up at all...

mercos
06-12-2013, 02:13 AM
fwiw 2008 celtics thought they had figured out lebron. held lebron to 18 ppg avg in the first 4 games. james responded with 35, 32 and 45 pts in the next 3 games. that celtics team was far better defensively than this spurs.

great players always make adjustments.

Perhaps in the regular season, but not in the postseason. People are habitually underestimating this Spurs defense, which has been at another level since the second half of game 2 against Golden State. Boston did not have a Kawhi Leonard to throw at Lebron. Kawhi might be transforming into the best wing defender in the league before our eyes.

Lebron is not some great mystery to figure out. There is no single player out there that can currently match his combination of size and speed. Kawhi may come closest, but Lebron would annihilate him one on one. The Spurs have dedicated their entire team's defensive philosophy to keeping Lebron out of the paint. Any team with decent bigs could theoretically pull this off. Most just don't have the discipline to keep it up. It also gives Miami's other players a chance to beat you. The Spurs are willing to live with that, and thus far it is working.

sexinthatsx
06-12-2013, 02:54 AM
his nickname is Lebrick James for a reason... we gave the dude wide open jump shots and he was too scared to take it. When he did take it, he bricks... and it's a BAD one at that

AchillesHeel
06-12-2013, 02:58 AM
his nickname is Lebrick James for a reason... we gave the dude wide open jump shots and he was too scared to take it. When he did take it, he bricks... and it's a BAD one at that

Funny thing is if you watch the game half the time he's almost wide open at the 3pt line and he's still running around until he finds someone else to take the three, he shot like 40% in the regular season and he's scared to shoot semi-open 3s now, he has no confidence in his jump shot.

TE
06-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Dude will explode in game 4 imo

KaiRMD1
06-12-2013, 03:21 AM
If all goes exactly according to the pattern set in 2011::

LeBron is set for 8 points in game 4.

:lmao

dg7md
06-12-2013, 03:46 AM
Dude is rattled. I saw his postgame interview and he didn't seem very fired up, more, defeated.

Certainly he is capable of going on a huge tear, but so far he's been pretty much neutralized by Leonard and Green, which is good defense more so than LeBron playing bad offense.

nkdlunch
06-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Kawhi and Green are bullying that nigga

Pop with the brains and Duncan waiting in the paint. Things are tough all over for Lebron. It won't be as easy as turning the switch on

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2013, 03:56 AM
The Spurs are planning their entire defense around him and not respecting anybody else on the floor(which is how Miller has been getting ridiculous looks, btw), and he's gassed from carrying Miami on both ends of the floor and on the boards all year..

The Spurs strategy is even scarier for Miami because they have arguably the best perimeter defense tandem in the NBA guarding Lebron, along with Duncan waiting for him in the paint..

I wouldn't say he's due, I don't know if he has anything left in the tank, he's gassed, tbh..if he turns it around and wins this series, it should be considered the greatest playoff run from a single player in the history of the NBA, tbh..

AussieFanKurt
06-12-2013, 03:58 AM
He's due but Kawhi and Green being doing a surprising job and refs not giving him ticky tacky shit. If he has a huge game then fuck

dg7md
06-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Fortunately for us, a "huge" game for LeBron would be him scoring 20-25 points. It's the roleplayers that will chew us up if we lose, not Bron.

Rogue
06-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Lebron sucks. Plain and simple. He is the most overhyped and most overrated player in NBA history. The Jordan-Lebron comparisons should be illegal now. It should be a felony to compare Lebron to Jordan. It should be a misdemeanor to compare Lebron to Magic.
People are generally pretty forgetful these days imho. They forget about how great Jordan was too soon, I mean, a lot of fans were seriously about to stop watching basketball when Jordan retired, just like most F1 fans when Schumacher announced his retirement.

Lebron is the best player of today's league no doubt, he hasn't reached Jordan's height yet imho, though he has the potential to do so.

And it's kind of like how people forget about the prime Halle Berry. The prime Halle would trump any bitch of the present day, and even the 46yr old her is still finer than 90% of what's out there imho. Scarlett (or anyone else) has the potential to surpass her on the all-time list but taking nude photos of yourself, eating garbage food and getting manishly stout ain't the best ways to live up to your full potential imho.

Scarlett has been nominated for golden globe 4 times by the age 28, and you know what kind of roles Halle was taking at age 28? The nation started to know her no sooner than the X-men 1 film imho, and it was in 2000 when she was already 34yr old. Bullworth might be another movie she got remembered for, but when was that movie released? 1998, when she was 32. She was nothing more than a big supporting role before Monster's Ball imho. Most people can't even remember any films she made in her 20s, tbh

dg7md
06-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Bron is halfway through his career, really. He has had more than enough time to rise above the expectations given to him.

Uriel
06-12-2013, 09:09 AM
The whole premise of this thread is what a logician might call the "Gambler's Fallacy."

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 09:14 AM
People are generally pretty forgetful these days imho. They forget about how great Jordan was too soon, I mean, a lot of fans were seriously about to stop watching basketball when Jordan retired, just like most F1 fans when Schumacher announced his retirement.

lol plz stop after f1 comment, gtfo
clown force to be retired twice the same clowns who punked him

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 09:15 AM
whats the chances of wade and bosh intentionally sucked on purpose?

Splits
06-12-2013, 09:23 AM

Perhaps in the regular season, but not in the postseason. People are habitually underestimating this Spurs defense, which has been at another level since the second half of game 2 against Golden State. Boston did not have a Kawhi Leonard to throw at Lebron. Kawhi might be transforming into the best wing defender in the league before our eyes.

Lebron is not some great mystery to figure out. There is no single player out there that can currently match his combination of size and speed. Kawhi may come closest, but Lebron would annihilate him one on one. The Spurs have dedicated their entire team's defensive philosophy to keeping Lebron out of the paint. Any team with decent bigs could theoretically pull this off. Most just don't have the discipline to keep it up. It also gives Miami's other players a chance to beat you. The Spurs are willing to live with that, and thus far it is working.

Where the fuck did this guy come from dropping TRUTH BOMBS downstairs? I thought I paid attention but nigga has some great takes.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
remember in the RS when lebron only avg less then 2 FPG or times he didnt even get commit a foul...now those numbers increase in the playoffs and he acts like he never commited a foul in his life

midnightpulp
06-12-2013, 09:36 AM
The whole premise of this thread is what a logician might call the "Gambler's Fallacy."

Not necessarily. The odds do favor Lebron having a 25-30 point game, since that is indeed closer to his average than his production in this series, so the safe assumption is that Lebron will have good, even "big," game.

On the other hand, you can argue his "average" didn't come against this Spurs team in this situation (NBA Finals) and that these first 3 games could very well be his statistical "mean" in this instance rather than an anomaly. Only problem is the sample size is too small. So I guess smart money would still be on Lebron having a good/great game.

Lincoln
06-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Bron said the 2011 game 5 was then "the biggest game of his life" and he went on to score 8 points IIRC

Lincoln
06-12-2013, 10:08 AM
That may have been game 4 actually

midnightpulp
06-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Bron said the 2011 game 5 was then "the biggest game of his life" and he went on to score 8 points IIRC

Hope that happens again.

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Game was Wade's but Lebron didn't disappoint. Still not a huge game by his standards but a solid one nonetheless.

Thebesteva
06-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Game was Wade's but Lebron didn't disappoint. Still not a huge game by his standards but a solid one nonetheless.

You want a cookie?

How about some faygo?

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes, a cookie pls.

:lol No go on the Faygo.

Thebesteva
06-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes, a cookie pls.

:lol No go on the Faygo.

All yours brah....I gave a slice to Midnight I hope you're ok with that.

http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cookie-cake-2.jpg

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
All yours brah....I gave a slice to Midnight I hope you're ok with that.

http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cookie-cake-2.jpg

Thanks bro. Times like this, we LA fans gotta stick together.

Dat blonde is that Dwights baby momma?

Thebesteva
06-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks bro. Times like this, we LA fans gotta stick together.

Dat blonde is that Dwights baby momma?

No my nigga...Dwight needs to get a vasectomy for the love of Nigga babies

StrengthAndHonor
06-14-2013, 12:06 AM
:lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2013, 12:08 AM
heat has to win this so the spurs can get rid of the choke artist turnoboli

Bynumite
06-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Biggest game of Lebeta's career, legacy defining game and he's carried to the W by D-Whistle :lol