PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen The Purge yet?

Jacob1983
06-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Didn't know if there was a thread for the film or not. So if there is a thread, I apologize and hope you can forgive me. I saw it yesterday and I thought it was entertaining and served its purpose which was to entertain me and nothing more. The reviews I read for The Purge were very harsh. I guess these uppity douchebag critics were expecting The King's Speech or Forrest Gump from this movie. I really liked the concept of it. It really makes you think about how evil and psychotic people can be when there are no consequences for their actions. I would give the film a 7/10. Ethan Hawke was pretty good as the dad of the bunch and the young fellow that played "Polite Stranger" was excellent. That Polite Stranger character was hilarious. He was so nice and polite while at the same time evil and psychotic. Those masks that the Purge participants wore were freaky looking and I'm sure they will be a popular mask this Halloween. I want one. All crime including murder being legal for 12 hours each year would be scary as Hell. And the daughter in the movie was sexy in her little Japanese school girl outfit. After about 5 to 10 minutes into the movie, you can see how the movie is poking fun at gun lovers and the tea party but in America, those two groups are easy targets. I had a problem with the characters in the film bragging about the economy booming and the low unemployment because of the purge. I would have to challenge that. I think it's possible that one night of crime could damage a country's economy and unemployment. I am going to say that no one works during the purge out of fear that they will be killed. Just think of all the lost revenue. And you have to figure in all the damage that is caused by the purge. And if the unemployment rate is 1 percent, there shouldn't be that many poor people.

Thebesteva
06-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Didn't know if there was a thread for the film or not. So if there is a thread, I apologize and hope you can forgive me. I saw it yesterday and I thought it was entertaining and served its purpose which was to entertain me and nothing more. The reviews I read for The Purge were very harsh. I guess these uppity douchebag critics were expecting The King's Speech or Forrest Gump from this movie. I really liked the concept of it. It really makes you think about how evil and psychotic people can be when there are no consequences for their actions. I would give the film a 7/10. Ethan Hawke was pretty good as the dad of the bunch and the young fellow that played "Polite Stranger" was excellent. That Polite Stranger character was hilarious. He was so nice and polite while at the same time evil and psychotic. Those masks that the Purge participants wore were freaky looking and I'm sure they will be a popular mask this Halloween. I want one. All crime including murder being legal for 12 hours each year would be scary as Hell. And the daughter in the movie was sexy in her little Japanese school girl outfit. After about 5 to 10 minutes into the movie, you can see how the movie is poking fun at gun lovers and the tea party but in America, those two groups are easy targets. I had a problem with the characters in the film bragging about the economy booming and the low unemployment because of the purge. I would have to challenge that. I think it's possible that one night of crime could damage a country's economy and unemployment. I am going to say that no one works during the purge out of fear that they will be killed. Just think of all the lost revenue. And you have to figure in all the damage that is caused by the purge. And if the unemployment rate is 1 percent, there shouldn't be that many poor people.

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files-258/0246.wall-of-text.png_2D00_610x0.png

Thebesteva
06-12-2013, 01:59 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkpDIFVVgOcvb91HhimEiR0qWVmbg_G iEoDzWD8krNxeEV_NxH

Thebesteva
06-12-2013, 01:59 AM
http://troll.me/images/hulk-smash/hulk-no-like-wall-of-text-hulk-smash-wall-of-text.jpg

Mister Sinister
06-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Overall good, predictable in places. 7/10, tbh.