PDA

View Full Version : Things to be on the lookout for in Game 4

SpurPadre
06-12-2013, 01:36 AM
-We have to get in Miller's face and earn those 3's. It's one thing to invite Wade and Lebron to take jumpers but we can't gamble and let Miller feast from the perimeter. He's not Matt Bonner, Miller actually hits open shots on a consistent basis in the playoffs.

-Lebron will look to assert himself and take it to the whole so we have to keep mindful of limiting the fouling and not giving him and ones. He'll probably draw some fouls and get to the line but as long as it's not Kawhi or Green drawing them, we should be ok, there. This is where Splitter comes in and be ready to use up his fouls if need be.

-With Lebron being more aggressive and taking it inside, Green and Kawhi should trust Splitter and TD to make it tough for Lebron down low and be ready to guard the perimeter and keep Miller and Allen from getting open looks from three.

-Manu looked alot more comfortable in the game as he was moving well without the ball and with the team moving the ball well, he didn't force passes that weren't there and let the game come to him. He was also great running the pick and roll. I feel a big all around game coming from him soon.

-If TP is limited, we have to force feed TD down low right off the bat.

-One subtle way to improve the already great ball movement would mean no Bonner off the bench and more Diaw. I think Pop realized Bonner was not cutting it in halftime and the only reason Diaw didn't play in the 2nd half was because he wasn't needed. We'll see if Pop gives him a shot at some point in the first half on Thursday.

Matty2Cool
06-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Since it's been a series so far of the others i say look out for miller, allen, and chalmers, hell birdman too he's been quiet. I agree with more Diaw less Bonner

SpurPadre
06-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Since it's been a series so far of the others i say look out for miller, allen, and chalmers, hell birdman too he's been quiet. I agree with more Diaw less Bonner

Birdman is a scavenger and only gets cheapies. We were able to limit those opportunities from him tonight, thankfully.

John B
06-12-2013, 03:18 AM
I agree Diaw > Bonner esp if Tony is limited. Spurs need another facilitator. He also needs to attack his man. He is very crafty and could earn trips to the freethrow. I expect TD to have a huge game and dictate the tempo early pounding inside.

playblair
06-12-2013, 03:20 AM
nah diaw has been awful.................. bonner or blair >>>>>>>>>>>>diaw ..............

Sean Cagney
06-12-2013, 03:23 AM
nah diaw has been awful.................. bonner or blair >>>>>>>>>>>>diaw ..............

I was gonna respond until I saw your screenname!!!!!!!!!

dg7md
06-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Blair needs more minutes. He can bang around and knock some dudes over in the paint, something Splitter and Bonner could only dream of.

Boomersgold
06-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Don't guard Wade too closely. He's not too confident in his own jump shooting abilities, and will likely attempt to drive the lane, even when left wide open.

Horry Hipcheck
06-12-2013, 04:43 AM
its gonna be interesting thats for sure, ok dont laugh at me but pop should consider giving tmac some minutes, important minutes not just when the game is over, tmac is a faciliatator, hes not the scorer he once was but he is absolutely still a great passer and can set others up

McGrady has yet to score as a Spurs player, and his only experience has come playing with the far end of the Spurs bench against the equivalent from the Heat. I'm not saying he couldn't do a great job, but there are a lot of question marks surrounding his ability to contribute for a team that's two victories away from winning a title.