PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Danny Green, Gary Neal took long road to NBA Finals' center stage

PingPong
06-12-2013, 01:36 AM
I don't know if somwbody already posted it, but..

“One was cut three times. One tried out for the Spurs on hishoneymoon. They just combined for 51 in the NBA Finals “

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--spurs--danny-green--gary-neal-took-long-road-to-nba-finals--center-stage-061234254.html

TheGoldStandard
06-12-2013, 01:38 AM
For as much shit as both of these guys have had they did show up tonight and carried the load for us tonight on a huge stage. I'm eating crow with Gary Neal but I came around on Danny earlier in the season, he wants to stick around and earn the money he got. Just glad we already paid him or this year we'd have to overpay more to keep him around with what he's done in the playoffs this season.

SA210
06-12-2013, 02:18 AM
This one, however, will be recalled for Green and Neal combining to shoot 13 of 19 from behind the 3-point line, simply burying the Heat into submission. Two unexpected role players stole the biggest stage in the sport.

"What did you feed him?" the Spurs' Matt Bonner joked to Green's father, Danny Sr., and his grandmother, Carol Moore, as he passed them in the AT&T Center hallway.

"You want to come over for seconds?" Green Sr. laughed back.

:lmao Bonner