PDA

View Full Version : home crowd was great at the second half but i'm still dissapointed in them

elmanutres
06-12-2013, 02:07 AM
i expected that place to kick off as a madhouse being the first finals in 6 years but man, it was really quiet. I barely heard the crowd during the intros and they were quiet for the most part. It wasn't until neal and green set their 3 point sliders when the crowd started going crazy but I'm still kinda dissapointed spurs fans were as quiet and lazy as they are in a regular season game.

also this is the first finals that we didn't use that "y'all ready for this" song for the intro

ThePop
06-12-2013, 02:10 AM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2859/10112726skncji2e.gif

SpurPadre
06-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Once TP's name is announced during the player intros on Thursday, you'll hear the crowd have a collective orgasm, you can bank on that!

Budkin
06-12-2013, 02:13 AM
I heard tons of people were late because of traffic.

nkdlunch
06-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Spurs always start out slow. They aint no okc mem gsw crowds. They more like chi mia ny la crowds

elmanutres
06-12-2013, 02:15 AM
i mean i'm still grateful we won the game, i rather have that but dam, san antonio crowd needs to have more energy for our guys

John B
06-12-2013, 02:27 AM
It was the traffic, but it got louder and I think it sustained for the entire game. We probably need pinatas on La Bron.

Buddy Holly
06-12-2013, 02:27 AM
i expected that place to kick off as a madhouse being the first finals in 6 years but man, it was really quiet. I barely heard the crowd during the intros and they were quiet for the most part. It wasn't until neal and green set their 3 point sliders when the crowd started going crazy but I'm still kinda dissapointed spurs fans were as quiet and lazy as they are in a regular season game.

also this is the first finals that we didn't use that "y'all ready for this" song for the intro

Were you in the arena or at home watching on television? The answer will tell us everything.

elmanutres
06-12-2013, 02:32 AM
i was at home streaming from espn3

crc21209
06-12-2013, 02:35 AM
No way. TV doesn't do the arena justice. The arena was filled with electricity and was very loud right from the intros. At one point during the intros, the ENTIRE arena began chanting Go Spurs Go pretty damn loud. Trust me, I was live and in person...

elmanutres
06-12-2013, 02:39 AM
i was wondering at one point if like espn was trolling and lowered the volume at the arena lower than it actually was on live tv

Horry Hipcheck
06-12-2013, 04:48 AM

I watched the game on TV and I was actually impressed with the AT&T Center's noise level. The mid-intros "Go Spurs Go" chant was clearly audible and the crowd seemed pretty into it.

Here's the biggest takeaway, in my opinion: As early as five or six minutes remaining in Game 2, and the Heat comfortably holding on to a 20-ish point lead, Miami fans began filing for the exits. In Game 3, with the Spurs squeezing every last drop out of a near 40 point lead, the AT&T Center was packed and fans still cheering Green, Neal, and even McGrady.

Buddy Holly
06-12-2013, 05:13 AM

And there we have it.

DesignatedT
06-12-2013, 05:15 AM
Crowd was fantastic. Pay the money and go to the game or shut the fuck up about it.

Spur|n|Austin
06-12-2013, 06:53 AM

:lol :lol

exstatic
06-12-2013, 07:24 AM
I had a seat in the lower bowl. The seats to my left were empty until 8 minutes left in the first half. Then, this older anglo couple rolls in like they are 1 minute late for the tip.

WTF?

ShoogarBear
06-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I had a seat in the lower bowl. The seats to my left were empty until 8 minutes left in the first half. Then, this older anglo couple rolls in like they are 1 minute late for the tip.

There were at least some traffic problems. I had a friend who didn't get there until the start of the second quarter even though she left her house early . We didn't see it coming in off the Parkway but Houston apparently was backed up.

said7
06-12-2013, 07:56 AM
How bout the crowd doin the seven nation heat chant at the end. That was awesome.

41times
06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Was hoping for more of a Blackout.
Only thing the Miami fans do well is wear the white shirt.

Creation88
06-12-2013, 08:11 AM
traffic was a bitch and audio was messed up in the arena.

Mr. Peabody
06-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Crowd was amazing last night. The AT&T Center was partially filled at the start because of the graduation at the Coliseum, but even the intros were loud. Once the game was underway, it was as Lou's as I've ever heard it.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that half our fans refused to wear the shirts.

r-nice
06-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Crowd was amazing last night. The AT&T Center was partially filled at the start because of the graduation at the Coliseum, but even the intros were loud. Once the game was underway, it was as Lou's as I've ever heard it.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that half our fans refused to wear the shirts.

Yeah that was lame. I saw mofos in the crowd with blue shirts and all that.

pgardn
06-12-2013, 08:49 AM
The old Hemisphere Arena will never be replaced for noise level.

I lost my hearing in those wars. And we seemed to lose as well. No matter how loud it got.

OldSilentHill
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Spurs crowd was way better than Heat-Stern-Media band-fans.

TrueSpursFan
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM

Yeah what the hell was up with that? I was yelling at the tv for the fans to put on their damn shirts on :lol

Spursmania
06-12-2013, 08:56 AM
You must of been watching a cheap feed. The house was rocking from the moment we got there. The crowd was ready to scream and yell at anything. You can tell the crowd missed the Spurs! They were chomping at the bit to scream! It was loud and the energy was awesome. One of the best playoff games I've been to in the last several years. I do go to all of them and I'm in row 17 from the floor, so I know when crowds are lame and you can't say that at all about last night. Been a season ticket holder for more than 12 years.

Keepin' it real
06-12-2013, 08:56 AM
home crowd was great but ...

Leave it to Spurs fans to find something to bitch about after a record-setting blowout win. :rolleyes

unforeseen
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM
OP was at home and then complains about the crowd.
Epic failure.

superbigtime
06-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Streaming and commenting from the cheap seats...nice! I'm telling you it was electric in there. TV coverage poorly conveys crowd noise and overall atmosphere. And yes traffic was ridiculous. Left the house 1 hr 15 min early and barely made tip-off, missed nat'l anthem. Traffic was worst I have ever seen. Normally takes me about 20-25 mins.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2013, 09:23 AM
:lol

DatBoyGood
06-12-2013, 10:36 AM
:lol do spurs fans not like wearing the shirts they get at arenas? GS and Miami thats all you see is them gold and white shirts

T Park
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM
:lol do spurs fans not like wearing the shirts they get at arenas? GS and Miami thats all you see is them gold and white shirts

It's gimmicky and stupid.

ShoogarBear
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Not a big fan of the blackout myself. Works in the Oracle and, to a lessser extent, in Miami, but everywhere else it just looks unoriginal. Much prefer having sheer noise.

Although I will take the free T-shirt. :)

xellos88330
06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I left to get to the ATT Center at 6pm, didn't get to my seat until 7:15pm. Pretty sad because I live about a 7 minute drive from the ATT Center. Traffic really sucked.

davidbowie
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
shut up about the damn crowd. they were fine.

Spurs9
06-12-2013, 11:10 AM
They were downtown tbh

http://i.imgur.com/bE621k1.jpg
:crofl San Antonio

DOS CHAINZ
06-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Its not my fault you showed up late & we took your black tee.

Matty2Cool
06-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Crowd was fantastic. Pay the money and go to the game or shut the fuck up about it.

People can bitch about whatever they want to, shut the fuck up

Biernutz
06-12-2013, 11:49 AM
traffic because of the rain storm caused Tim and Tony to be late....Tony didn't get to the arena till 7:05 for the 8pm tip off.

chrhawk
06-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't know what the OP is talking about. By just watching the game at home it appeared that that was the craziest I've seen the crowd all year.

beallionaire
06-12-2013, 12:09 PM

^^^ MY DUDE!!! Look at you... now look at us... All my spurs roll hard as fuck

beallionaire
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM
People can bitch about whatever they want to, shut the fuck up

^^ haha this guy thinks he lifts

robino2001
06-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I actually agree with the OP...

traffic was a bitch and audio was messed up in the arena.

I don't think the audio was "messed up" necessarily, but more that the arena had to turn down the pregame music because of ABC being live on the air from inside the bowl. The typical pregame music was no joke 1/3 the volume it normally was... seemed like the intros in the arena were actually even quieter than normal. Couple that with the arena being ~1/3-1/2 full at intros/tip, and it simply wasn't loud at the beginning. Now once the game got a couple of minutes in and TD and Manu dunked early, the place was insane for the rest of the night... but it was quite pedestrian early - especially compared to big games of the past. In recent history, the warm-up music was absolutely blaring for the OKC games last year and the crowd chanted go spurs go from about 30 minutes before tip onward...

ChumpDumper
06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
The only thing I was disappointed in was that half our fans refused to wear the shirts.Too small.

I was disappointed the crowd didn't sound louder on my phone's speaker.

ohmwrecker
06-12-2013, 12:46 PM
They win crowd of the year for mocking the Heat with their dumb soccer chant imho.

DesignatedT
06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
^^ haha this guy thinks he lifts

lmao

Mugen
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
They win crowd of the year for mocking the Heat with their dumb soccer chant imho.

+1.

This alone made up for any shortcomings the AT&T crowd has ever had IMO.

T Park
06-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Not a big fan of the blackout myself. Works in the Oracle and, to a lessser extent, in Miami, but everywhere else it just looks unoriginal. Much prefer having sheer noise.

Although I will take the free T-shirt. :)

It works for teams that are young gimmicky and have no shot at winning a ring but winning a series means everything. IE Golden State...

superbigtime
06-12-2013, 01:29 PM

They're all XL, i don't want to wear a huge t-shirt that hangs on me like a shower curtain. Besides I was wearing black anyway.

Solid D
06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Crowd noise seemed pretty loud on my DirectTV ABC HDTV broadcast. elmanutres, maybe better computer speakers might help. Also, maybe your thread should have asked how it sounded to people actually attending the game...to avoid the reaction you have received.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM

Then don't you think the fact that it was watched via TV kind of.............muted the noise?

elmanutres
06-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Then don't you think the fact that it was watched via TV kind of.............muted the noise?
the only reason i watched on my pc via espn3 was to record the game, i never done this before. but judging from what people are saying it was a mainly espn's shitty audio feed. so i guess i overreacted cause people are telling me the crowd was insane.

Solid D
06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
the only reason i watched on my pc via espn3 was to record the game, i never done this before. but judging from what people are saying it was a mainly espn's shitty audio feed. so i guess i overreacted cause people are telling me the crowd was insane.

:tu

DarrinS
06-12-2013, 02:20 PM

It's gimmicky and stupid.

Sasha
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Leave it to Spurs fans to find something to bitch about after a record-setting blowout win. :rolleyes

Right. Some people are just never happy.

ironman2886
06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
The crowd was fine. They are a lot louder than Miami's crowd. You need to experience the crowd at the arena.

oh crap
06-12-2013, 02:36 PM
They don't get buzzed or drunk till the third, duh.

jb4g
06-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I actually agree with the OP...

I don't think the audio was "messed up" necessarily, but more that the arena had to turn down the pregame music because of ABC being live on the air from inside the bowl. The typical pregame music was no joke 1/3 the volume it normally was... seemed like the intros in the arena were actually even quieter than normal. Couple that with the arena being ~1/3-1/2 full at intros/tip, and it simply wasn't loud at the beginning. Now once the game got a couple of minutes in and TD and Manu dunked early, the place was insane for the rest of the night... but it was quite pedestrian early - especially compared to big games of the past. In recent history, the warm-up music was absolutely blaring for the OKC games last year and the crowd chanted go spurs go from about 30 minutes before tip onward...

Agree 100 % with this guy and the OP. Upper deck was pretty full at intros, but lower bowl was pretty sparse still. Add to that the low audio and whole thing was dissapointing. Once the crowd got there it was crazy loud, and just got silly in the second half.

Dro210
06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
I thought it seemed really loud... they try to drown it out for TV quality, but a telling sign was that I couldn't hear a few of the whistles.

Darius McCrary
06-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Dude the place was so loud you couldn't hear the ref whistles, and barely heard the announcer's voice, and this was right from the start.

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2013, 05:57 PM
The building was very loud for Game 3 and though the crowd arrived late, the noise was good all night. Those who were there early brought good energy to make up for the empty seats. In these playoffs, the crowds have actually gotten better as the rounds have gone on -- the Game 5 crowd for the Warriors series was better than the Game 1 crowd in the Memphis series, IMO. Crowd intensity has been directly proportional to the need to win a particular game, I think.

I'd expect another really strong showing from the AT&T Center for Game 4.

Cry Havoc
06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I was watching the game on the espn3 feed and it was deafening. The announcers were talking loudly just to be heard in their headsets.

emanueldavidginobili
06-12-2013, 07:55 PM
When Tmac checked in the place went nuts

Spurs9
06-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Can't wait to go to game 4, was the game 3 traffic bad? I'm wondering when I should leave for the game.

TheyCallMePro
06-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I gotta say that when you actually go to a game you get a real sense of how loud it actually is. I've been to a couple these playoffs and the arena was always rocking.

If you're watching on TV, then half the sound is muted so you can hear the announcers speak. It's not the same and doesn't do the fans justice. So if you're not at the game...then you can hardly judge.

SpursRock20
06-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I believe the crowd was much louder than the telecast would allow you to believe. Sometimes BSPN/ABC inflate the crowd noise in the audio mix to add to their own narrative (see Golden State). Just because it did not seem loud, does not mean it is actually so. I could tell the crowd was having a helluva time in the second half once the Spurs got rolling and the place was at capacity.

Biernutz
06-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I have been to all the home playoff games and the spurs fans were into their seats by 8:15--8:30. The traffic was slowed everywhere by the storm and construction. after everyone got in their seats and had a beer it was like any play off game. I sit in the lower bowl and I didn't see as many Heat fans as I though would show for this game. If the game was closer it would have been a louder game but the Spurs made it a joke. Every time we hit a three everyone was standing and cheering. I have been to every home finals game San Antonio played and the loudest game I ever went to was game 7 with the Pistons. We stood the whole game. The only time we sat down was on time outs and halftime.

I saw a replay of the game and it was way louder at the arena than what you heard on TV.

dmon35
06-13-2013, 01:01 AM

tons and tons of people were late to the game due to traffic jams:
30 MIN BEFORE TIP OFF
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMhPyeGCUAENO_m.jpg

now stfu.

dg7md
06-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Spurs crowd is mostly mellow because we're used to success as a franchise. We've been in the running for the championship every year since 1999.

They were pretty damned good, I thought. We can't expect a fanbase like OKC or Golden State. We're always a good team.

LASToog36
06-13-2013, 05:38 AM
The noise level diddnt bother me... but now shirts are actually given out not errones wearing em ....I guess us san antonio fans are really fat and lazyannd too cool for comradery.....upsetting woulda looked pretty cool.too

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 06:04 AM

This tbh.

Sausage
06-13-2013, 07:18 AM
If you noticed at the end of game 3, everyone was still there by the time the game ended. At the end of game 2, that arena was pretty much empty by the end of the game. That's why Spurs fan> T-Shirt Heat fan