PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac will continue with Spurs next season?

T-MacMVP
06-12-2013, 07:27 AM
I hope to sign for next season, you are saying?

spurspokesman
06-12-2013, 07:34 AM
He is not doing himself any favors in that regard by going scoreless in several minutes of garbage time. he is still a hell of a passer at least

thekingrobert
06-12-2013, 07:38 AM
He looks bad on with the youth movement

exstatic
06-12-2013, 07:41 AM
I'd much rather see Bertans and/or Hanga, tbh. He'd be keeping one or both off the roster.

T-MacMVP
06-12-2013, 07:46 AM
I believe that playing will yield significant minutes, yesterday saw more active than in other times, yesterday every shot I take people got up from their chairs. I would like to see him one more season already knowing the system.

Mal
06-12-2013, 08:19 AM
If he wants, and will accept his limited role, yeah why not. Not that Spurs are going to sign couple new guys.

Richie
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
If we aren't going to re sign Neal, I think he'd be a great option for 10-15 min off the bench.

Neal added a few million to his deal last night. I wouldn't want to pay him even Danny Green money, but if we let him go we'll need someone in the same mould who can actually handle the ball. TMac would be a perfect fit if he can accept that role.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
I for one hope the Spurs sign him. He is a great distributor of the ball like Manu from the Top of the key and arc areas. You know Manu is going to get injured sometime next season and have reduced minutes as well. McGrady can fill in for those spells and minutes.

And not scoring, well, its hard to score when teams are doubling you because they don't want you to score b/c these teams KNOW the SA crowd is just dying to see TMac score a bucket as a Spur.

Ironic that TMac wanted to team up with Duncan and Hill to potentially become champs and it took TMac more than a decade to finally come to the Spurs and play with Duncan to make to be on the verge of finally becoming an NBA champ.

Richie
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Also, I don't think TMac is even looking for his own shot. Blair on the other hand it coming in and shooting every time he touches the ball, McGrady seems happy to keep the ball moving in the Spurs system even in garbage time

dbestpro
06-12-2013, 08:54 AM
McGrady will retire. The Spurs will sign someone like Casspi or Carroll to be backup SF. unless they trade up to get a SF/SG with size.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2013, 09:32 AM
He's not looking for his own shot, can't knock him for that.

And say what you will about James (he was likely gassed at that point), but the first play TMac was in, he crossed James over and took him to the hoop (got Blair an easy bucket after the defense rotated to stop TMac).

dallasmaverickslose
06-12-2013, 09:37 AM
I can't believe you made THAT'S your username, OP...

Raven
06-12-2013, 09:44 AM
seriously guys :lol

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-12-2013, 09:46 AM
McGrady is, what.........0-for-12 in point shooting as a Spur? Still hasn't scored?

coyotes_geek
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Uh, no. TMac makes a great team mascot, I hope he gets to score in one of these games, but the notion of bringing him back next year is ridiculous.

mercos
06-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Sure seems like McGrady is auditioning for a role next year by being a good facilitator in garbage time. I would love for him to hang around, if for no other reason than to help tutor Kawhi Leonard on offense.

gnsf0946
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Sure seems like McGrady is auditioning for a role next year by being a good facilitator in garbage time. I would love for him to hang around, if for no other reason than to help tutor Kawhi Leonard on offense.

Leonard doesn't need to learn how to brick shots, he's doing fine on his own

MarCowMar
06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
If he's good with Kawhi let him sign as a coach, but we need our players to be able to play. Tmac is done.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Leonard doesn't need to learn how to brick shots, he's doing fine on his own
You're an idiot. He averaged 32 ppg in his prime and Kawhi already said he's learned lots from Tracy. Plus Mcgrady is doing damn good a the point. Stupid stupid post

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 10:33 AM
If he's good with Kawhi let him sign as a coach, but we need our players to be able to play. Tmac is done.
Did you watch McGrady at all last night? He's playing damn good at the point.

coyotes_geek
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM

Between Joseph, Mills and DeColo, I think the Spurs have adequate depth at the garbage time PG position.

PingPong
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
And if he pulls a Neal/Green esque Thursday? Nobody turns a bad shooter even if he is old or unfit.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Between Joseph, Mills and DeColo, I think the Spurs have adequate depth at the garbage time PG position.
He's better than them all. Joseph should get more playing time to gain experience but Tracy is the better distributor period.

Boomersgold
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM
He's better than them all. Joseph should get more playing time to gain experience but Tracy is the better distributor period.
Mcgrady playing the point? It was painful to see him moving up and down the court. One of my favorite players of all time, but he's done; even Mcgrady, himself, knows he's done. He can't score, can't move well, isn't athletic enough to deal with the current generation of players, and lacks confidence in his own abilities. Sure, he can make the occasional highlight-worthy assist, but, tbh, that still wouldn't win him the point guard spot.

coyotes_geek
06-12-2013, 10:54 AM
He's better than them all.

No, he's not. Not now, not next year. He'd still be sitting on the couch at home had Stephen Jackson not made up his mind to piss away a pretty good situation. Nothing personal against the guy, I don't mind him being here now, but you're getting way too excited about about him picking up a couple of garbage time assists against Miami's scrubs.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Mcgrady playing the point? It was painful to see him moving up and down the court. One of my favorite players of all time, but he's done; even Mcgrady, himself, knows he's done. He can't score, can't move well, isn't athletic enough to deal with the current generation of players, and lacks confidence in his own abilities. Sure, he can make the occasional highlight-worthy assist, but, tbh, that still wouldn't win him the point guard spot.
It's not about scoring cause Joseph doesn't really score. He's more like a Ginobili-type player. Tmac has always went down the court like that, you don't know what you're talking about, tbh..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 10:56 AM
No, he's not. Not now, not next year. He'd still be sitting on the couch at home had Stephen Jackson not made up his mind to piss away a pretty good situation. Nothing personal against the guy, I don't mind him being here now, but you're getting way too excited about about him picking up a couple of garbage time assists against Miami's scrubs.
Lol 2 of his 3 assists were agains LeBron smarty

gnsf0946
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
You're an idiot. He averaged 32 ppg in his prime and Kawhi already said he's learned lots from Tracy. Plus Mcgrady is doing damn good a the point. Stupid stupid post

i was joking, lighten up man

:toast

coyotes_geek
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol 2 of his 3 assists were agains LeBron smarty

lol he's still not going to be on the team next year.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 10:59 AM
i was joking, lighten up man

:toast
<3

Mr. Body
06-12-2013, 11:00 AM
I'd like to give him a shot. His vision and passing is impressive. As a stretch four (possibly) or a swingman he could really help a second unit, especially with Ginobili declining.

Why not try it out?

8FOR!3
06-12-2013, 11:16 AM
T-Mac's still an elite ball handler/passer for his position. And it's not like he's chucking up a bunch of shots. People forget that he still probably not anywhere near game shape. He was brought in having no idea he was going to be brought in. I'm sure his shot will fall a hell of a lot more when he's in shape. He's not throwing up air balls, most of his shots go in and out. That's can be a sign of fatigue.

TDomination
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm sure that if the Spurs truly think that Tmac has something left in the tank, they will talk to him about staying for a limited roll, if not they won't.

phxspurfan
06-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Prime McGrady > Prime James

Obstructed_View
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
I hope so just so I can spend a year referring to him as "Mr Graby" on these forums.

Baam
06-12-2013, 03:44 PM
There's no better mentor for Kawhi imo.

spurraider21
06-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Not sure, but I wouldn't mind. He has seen a total of roughly 30 minutes in these playoffs, and has yet to score a point. But he can adequately handle the ball and I'm sure can fill the Jax role, and he's much more humble, so he'd be willing to play in that role. I don't really care much. I'm much more intrigued by the prospect of bringing over prospects or seeing further improvement in Greens' offensive game, and the development of De Colo/Joseph

Tmac3
06-12-2013, 04:23 PM
You all are idiots, tracy mcgrady has always jogged up and down the court, and to the idiots that says Joseph, mills, and de colo are ignorant as heck. Tmac can still score he averaged 32ppg in the china league damn he hasn't even been agressive scoring he likes to set up his teammates at this stage in his career. Tmac is a point forward with experice which is more than mills, Joseph, and de colo have to offer.

cheguevara
06-12-2013, 04:24 PM
You all are idiots, tracy mcgrady has always jogged up and down the court, and to the idiots that says Joseph, mills, and de colo are ignorant as heck. Tmac can still score he averaged 32ppg in the china league d

:lmao

palangi
06-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd much rather see Bertans and/or Hanga, tbh. He'd be keeping one or both off the roster.
i agree with this right here.

Tmac3
06-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Lol I can't help it that's funny

Chinook
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Let McGrady go. If this Finals is showing anything, it's that the Spurs are better off moving forward with young players they develop than they are getting old vets. Keep the youth movement going, and there won't be the cliff-falling moment that people keep expecting is going to happen.

tesseractive
06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
For me, it depends on the role -- I'd love to see either one come over if we think he can crack the 10-man rotation, but if they're going to sit or the bench or go to Austin, they might as well stay in Europe.

I see T-Mac (potentially) as more of a 12th or 13th Man type -- a veteran who can play spot minutes and garbage time, fill in if there's an injury, teach moves to the young guys. We still have the big 3, but we don't have any more of the old dudes at the end of the bench like we used to. I don't hate the idea of having another one again -- we just don't want our roster clogged up with them like it used to be.

angelbelow
06-12-2013, 06:22 PM
A minimum contract and a minimum role would be hard to say no to, even if he is a shell of his former self.

exstatic
06-12-2013, 07:01 PM

He's playing garbage minutes against the other team's deep bench and still couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

BackHome
06-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Dude look at every player we get how many of them see playing time the first year much less being on the team for less than a month?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-12-2013, 09:25 PM
He's playing garbage minutes against the other team's deep bench and still couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
I forgot its all about scoring. Two assists while being guarded by LeBron.

CGD
06-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Sure, and develop/rehab Bertans at the same time. That's a good rotation at the 3. give a 2 year deal with 2nd a team option. Outside of Miami I honestly don't know what team will offer him better chance to win a ring tbh.

But I'd wait to see if spurs can deal with Dallas for the #13 and Carter. In that case Carter will be the backup to Leonard.

rascal
06-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Not likely to be back. Was only on the roster as insurance after Jackson was let go.

rascal
06-23-2013, 10:27 AM
You all are idiots, tracy mcgrady has always jogged up and down the court, and to the idiots that says Joseph, mills, and de colo are ignorant as heck. Tmac can still score he averaged 32ppg in the china league damn he hasn't even been agressive scoring he likes to set up his teammates at this stage in his career. Tmac is a point forward with experice which is more than mills, Joseph, and de colo have to offer.

Anyone know the average height of a player in China?

therealtruth
06-23-2013, 01:13 PM
With TMac I could care less about his scoring. I do care that he can make the passes that improve our ball movement. Our ball movement was horrible in games 6 and 7. 26 assists total? That's simply not going to get it done against a good defense like the Heat. Then if you factor in the turnovers, 13 TO in game 6 and 14 in game 7, it's even worse.

elmanutres
06-23-2013, 01:48 PM
i would love to see tmac act as a mentor for kawhi like robinson was for timmy.

ErnestLynch
06-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Funniest thing I read about game 6 the yellow tape was called 'crime scene tape'.

ace3g
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
(http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)Now that the Finals are over, Tracy McGrady will fly back to China to participate in the NBA Legends Tour. He'll play five exhibition games.

Raven
06-23-2013, 03:43 PM
i would love to see tmac act as a mentor for kawhi like robinson was for timmy.

so he can learn to be a choking loser?

szkorhetz
06-23-2013, 03:51 PM
so he can learn to be a choking loser?
So this is why Tony and Manu choked the fuck out in the Finals?

Raven
06-23-2013, 04:05 PM
So this is why Tony and Manu choked the fuck out in the Finals?

i doubt it, but it could be.

ace3g
06-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Now he makes a shot, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyP_lwjfEpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=hqNh4oXPrb0

eric365
06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Chip can make him learn how to shoot

monkeypunk
06-24-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd love to have McGrady in for 5-10 minutes a game on a vet min contract. Don't guarantee any minutes, don't draw up any plays for him, just throw him in there for his passing / court vision when the offense stagnates.

Not to mention mentoring the youngbloods...

superbigtime
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
no thank you

LakerHater
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
What for??

SenorSpur
06-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Again, no more old players. The Spurs need to continue the infusion of youth and athleticism around their core.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2013, 10:48 PM
His skills definitely fit the offense. If he embraced a bench role and took a smallish contract he'd be alright.

Biernutz
06-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I think Tracey's tank is on NBA empty.

timtonymanu
06-24-2013, 11:25 PM
He looked done. I would rather the Spurs target a more realistic, younger option like Omri Casspi.

SA210
06-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Funniest thing I read about game 6 the yellow tape was called 'crime scene tape'.

:lmao:lmao

blkroadrunners
07-09-2013, 01:43 AM
So...

Realistically speaking, what are the %s of TMac coming back?

illusioNtEk
07-09-2013, 01:45 AM
if we can give some playing time for him off the bench, that would be great.... He can set up Blair and Mills for success

KaiRMD1
07-09-2013, 01:56 AM
if we can give some playing time for him off the bench, that would be great.... He can set up Blair and Mills for success

Blair is gone ol' sport

mudyez
07-09-2013, 06:07 AM
If he is willing to be tutor to KL first and next to last guy of the bench second, I'd love to have him back.

Raven
07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
glad that's over..

elec99
07-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Nah, if you're going to bring tracy in you might as well bring in an unproven, cheaper, and young 21 year old. There's always a chance this unproven has an upside vs tracy who you know what you're getting, and it's not much.

BackHome
07-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't know when you start looking at our second unit it would be nice to have someone with experience. I don't see Manu playing with the second unit i see that going to Beneli and add to the fact that Tmac can dribble the ball without turning it over and I think he stays. It's alla bout win next year.....door is closing fast.

Sean Cagney
07-09-2013, 10:02 PM
IF he was a young 33 and still in shape then yeah! He is not though and has little left.
I don't know when you start looking at our second unit it would be nice to have someone with experience. I don't see Manu playing with the second unit i see that going to Beneli and add to the fact that Tmac can dribble the ball without turning it over and I think he stays. It's alla bout win next year.....door is closing fast.

I thought this year was our last shot but I hope we have one last and I was wrong. I say next year is all in though, you are correct should be the last year barring we get a superstar (Not likely).

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2013, 10:05 PM
IF he was a young 33 and still in shape then yeah! He is not though and has little left.

I thought this year was our last shot but I hope we have one last and I was wrong. I say next year is all in though, you are correct should be the last year barring we get a superstar (Not likely).
Can't hurt any worse than this year.

Sean Cagney
07-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Can't hurt any worse than this year.

Hopefully not!