PDA

View Full Version : Well isnt this just grand.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
No Scola. Freaking Oberto?

Can somebody please tell me who the hell Oberto is other than an undersized poor shooter with no NBA nothing?

Um, 1st bad move I've seen in a while on the Spurs part. They just couldnt wait anymore huh? Who's fault is that again? Righto.

Cant_Be_Faded
im not too stoked about this either especially since we've done nothing with nazr or rasho

TheWriter
I'll miss this thread.

Or not.

Kori... LJ... Do the job.

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:50 PM
You don't know who Oberto is...

This is another Shawn Michaels thread.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:51 PM
It's a perfectly legit upset thread at this move wondering if people know more about this Oberto ..dude.. that's apparently so much better than Scola we couldnt wait a few days.

usckk
Thread closing in 3...2...1...

Brutalis
You don't know who Oberto is...

This is another Shawn Michaels thread.
Dude I know who he is, I want DETAILS.

Bring your brain please.

clubalien
07-14-2005, 09:52 PM
oberto is a better player thanscola only down side is he is older, but that just means we donlt have to wait for him to devlop he is ready to start and go now

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:52 PM
It's a perfectly legit upset thread at this move wondering if people know more about this Oberto ..dude.. that's apparently so much better than Scola we couldnt wait a few days.

I don't know if you noticed, but we do need a legit Center...

And who gives a shit if you see a bad move. The Spurs have done enough by winnin a championship...bad moves...
hah

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Dude I know who he is, I want DETAILS.

Bring your brain please.

Details are you are no one to judge if you dont know who he is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
undersized poor shooter with no NBA nothing?

I can only assume you mean FT shooting, the guy was like 58% from the field the last three years of league and international ball.

that's apparently so much better than Scola

Pop and RC seem to think so, and they've seen both guys play a hell of a lot more than your nappy ass.

maxpower
I'd concur..
besides the money aspect
What does Oberto bring that Scola doesn't or vice-versa?
Are the differences on the court minimal enough to go with the less expensive player?
What does this do to Scola's camp? Does this put them at odds with Spurs management?

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:55 PM

And who gives a shit if you see a bad move. The Spurs have done enough by winnin a championship...bad moves...
hah
They've done enough? THEY COULD NEVER, DO ENOUGH. Unless they win 5 straight titles or something along those lines. Other than that there is always room to do more than just "enough."

Oberto has zero experience in the NBA and is undersized. How is he legit?

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Details are you are no one to judge if you dont know who he is.
I meant about that post, not him all the time. :lol

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
They've done enough? THEY COULD NEVER, DO ENOUGH. Unless they win 5 straight titles or something along those lines. Other than that there is always room to do more than just "enough."

They've gotten 3, and they just came from one...

He's Legit because the spurs chose him.. I don't give a shit about what morons like you think of the acquisition.

Brutalis
I'd concur..
besides the money aspect
What does Oberto bring that Scola doesn't or vice-versa?
Are the differences on the court minimal enough to go with the less expensive player?
What does this do to Scola's camp? Does this put them at odds with Spurs management?
Point taken. But now, I dont see us getting Scola next year because of this. He cant be too happy right now.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Hey captain dumbass, Scola has zero experience in the NBA and is two inches shorter than Luis.

How is he more legit?

Are you just trying to look like you're the dumbest person on this board, or does it come naturally?

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
They've gotten 3, and they just came from one...

He's Legit because the spurs chose him.. I don't give a shit about what morons like you think of the acquisition.
Ok. Was Rasho legit?

Moron.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey captain dumbass, Scola has zero experience in the NBA and is two inches shorter than Luis.

How is he more legit?

Are you just trying to look like you're the dumbest person on this board, or does it come naturally?

Undersized at center. Please think before you react.

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Ok. Was Rasho legit?

Moron.

We had the best record in the NBA with him on the lineup...

seemed pretty legit to me.

clubalien
07-14-2005, 09:59 PM

WTF scola is UNDERSIZED , has less expereince than oberto,
scola doesn;t even start and oberto is top player for teams

TheWriter
07-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Patrick Ewing, nuff said.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Scola is undersized at PF, yet you're fucking jacking off to the thought of him suiting up for the Spurs.

As for Oberto, he's 6'10". I suppose you missed the game where he went toe to toe with Yao last year in international play and came out with a draw (and his team won).

Oberto's got better post moves than 2/3 of the so called "centers" in this league.

Fuck, Nazr's only 6'10", he sure did alright this post-season. Everyone seemed to love Amare at center, guess what? He's 6'10".

Malik used to be able to guard Shaq, he was all of 6'5".

Forget thinking, you just need to back away from the keyboard before you can come off anymore uninformed than you already have.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
We had the best record in the NBA with him on the lineup...

seemed pretty legit to me.
Rofl this is too easy.

So tell me, what part of the season was Rasho productive? Riiiiight. Non-exsistant is more like it..

I never liked him to begin with. He's slow, clumsy and can't shoot 50% 15 feet out.

Sense
07-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Rofl this is too easy.

So tell me, what part of the season was Rasho productive? Riiiiight. Non-exsistant is more like it..

I never liked him to begin with. He's slow, clumsy and can't shoot 50% 15 feet out.

What is so easy?

The team was never bad with him there, I Don't care if you liked him or disliked him.. it's not about that. He's a defender, and that's all the Spurs need.

Brutalis
WTF scola is UNDERSIZED , has less expereince than oberto,
scola doesn;t even start and oberto is top player for teams

Oberto is undersized center. Scola is a PF. He isnt undersized.

Sense

Who cares about the size? that doesn't tell you whether he will be productive or not...

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 10:03 PM

if you say oberto is undersized then scola is undersized as well

TheWriter
Scola is 6'8, for a PF, that's UNDERSIZED.

6'8 is a long SF.

Brutalis
Scola is undersized at PF, yet you're fucking jacking off to the thought of him suiting up for the Spurs.

As for Oberto, he's 6'10". I suppose you missed the game where he went toe to toe with Yao last year in international play and came out with a draw (and his team won).

Oberto's got better post moves than 2/3 of the so called "centers" in this league.

Fuck, Nazr's only 6'10", he sure did alright this post-season. Everyone seemed to love Amare at center, guess what? He's 6'10".

Malik used to be able to guard Shaq, he was all of 6'5".

Forget thinking, you just need to back away from the keyboard before you can come off anymore uninformed than you already have.

Well sorry for being uninformed. Sort of hard when you work 10 hours a day 2 states away from Texas.

Lighten the fuck up, asshole.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Scola is 6'8, for a PF, that's UNDERSIZED.

6'8 is a long SF.
Erm, take a look at todays NBA. 6-8 240 isnt undersized at PF. Kurt Thomas, Kmart, blah, blah.

clubalien
07-14-2005, 10:04 PM
man if anyone should be mad it is the pete hunter for a late draft pick trade

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Scola is a PF. He isnt undersized.

Pop and RC have said he's undersized. What they fuck would they know when the "great" Brutalis is around? :lol

You want your center to be 7'0, Oberto's 6'10". You want your PF to be 6'10", Scola is 6'8".

Do you realize how stupid you look?

clubalien
07-14-2005, 10:06 PM
man trade barkely he is to
man Tim ducan isn;lt 7 ft he must suck

man earl boyinks is the SUX0r

TheWriter
Well sorry for being uninformed. Sort of hard when you work 10 hours a day 2 states away from Texas.

Hey shitface, you're the one who needs lighten the fuck up.

Fucking newbies.

Brutalis
Who cares about the size? that doesn't tell you whether he will be productive or not...
You know, I made this thread wanting to know why Oberto is so good and to know something about him. If I bring any negative anything I get slammed for it.

So you and Aggie would act like that at a random store if we met? Try being a normal cival person for once.

clubalien
oberto=starter
scola =back up

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Pop and RC have said he's undersized. What they fuck would they know when the "great" Brutalis is around? :lol

You want your center to be 7'0, Oberto's 6'10". You want your PF to be 6'10", Scola is 6'8".

Do you realize how stupid you look?
Stupid or misinformed?

Screw me for looking for answers here. This place is just like fucking spursreport.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:08 PM

I am in Gilmer Fucking Texas right now. Just worked a 10 hour day. I still know more than you.

Lighten the fuck up? Take a look in the mirror. You've got your panties in a bunch over two guys you've probably seen play a combined five games.

Erm, take a look at todays NBA. 6-8 240 isnt undersized at PF. Kurt Thomas, Kmart, blah, blah.

Kurt Thomas is the starting center for the Phoenix Suns this coming year. He's two inches shorter than your "too short" Oberto.

You just owned yourself. Back away from the keyboard.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:10 PM
You know, I made this thread wanting to know why Oberto is so good and to know something about him.

You are so full of shit.

Your original post:

Can somebody please tell me who the hell Oberto is other than an undersized poor shooter with no NBA nothing?

Um, 1st bad move I've seen in a while on the Spurs part. They just couldnt wait anymore huh? Who's fault is that again? Righto.

There is nothing inquisitive in there by you. It's all negative shit. "Who the fuck is Oberto?" "RC and Pop fucked up."

Blah blah freakin' uninformed blah.

STFU.

clubalien
i don't think suns have released their starting five or even their rooster yet

Cant_Be_Faded
wha whaaaaaaaaaaaat scola didnt even start for his team?

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I am in Gilmer Fucking Texas right now. Just worked a 10 hour day. I still know more than you.

Lighten the fuck up? Take a look in the mirror. You've got your panties in a bunch over two guys you've probably seen play a combined five games.

Kurt Thomas is the starting center for the Phoenix Suns this coming year. He's two inches shorter than your "too short" Oberto.

You just owned yourself. Back away from the keyboard.

Still closer than me, ya genius.

My panties in a bunch.... erm. Okay. WHEN HAVE I BEEN TALKIN LIKE DIS DISSIN PPL FER SHIT LIKE OMG NOOB BITCH SLUT GTFO..

??? Dude. I ask. I inquire. I get a major asshole. Remember last time? You freaking slammed me over my ex-girlfriend. Seriously you need to check yourself, your attitude and put away this smartass fever you havent recovered from. That or just run your car off the road and save the trouble.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-14-2005, 10:11 PM
this is so reminiscent of the old forum days

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
You are so full of shit.

Your original post:

There is nothing inquisitive in there by you. It's all negative shit. "Who the fuck is Oberto?" "RC and Pop fucked up."

Blah blah freakin' uninformed blah.

STFU.

Sorry you took it that way.

Um, maybe. It. Was. A. Fan. Clueless. Wondering, whats, the, deal, with, Oberto, and, so on.

Good job at blowing things up. You act like my mom.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
i don't think suns have released their starting five or even their rooster yet

Oh geez. Are you trying to give Brutalis a run for world's dumbest poster?

Nash
Joe Johnson
Marion
Amare
K. Thomas

Take a look at the Phoenix roster and tell me who you think will be starting other than those five.

Humor me.

midgetonadonkey
07-14-2005, 10:13 PM

IMO, we have two legit centers in Nazr and Rasho. I think it is an alright move. Why overpay for Scola's buyout when he isn't proven. Oberto isn't a proven NBA player, but he is a lot cheaper. I trust R.C. and Pop, this may end up being a solid move.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Wow. You are a complete asshole. And I thought it was just at me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
You freaking slammed me over my ex-girlfriend.

I don't remember even having that conversation, but if we did you probably deserved it.

That or just run your car off the road and save the trouble.

Whose got their panties in a bunch now? You want to see someone die over getting your ass handed to you over some fucking bench role players?

Class. Well, you're showing the last three letters of it (that's 'ass' seeings you're probably too slow to get it).

"I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, you've owned me on this bulletin board, so I hope you drive off the road and die."

Nice, asshole. With an attitude like that, no wonder any chick you've ever dated has the term 'ex' in front of her name.

clubalien
07-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh geez. Are you trying to give Brutalis a run for world's dumbest poster?

Nash
Joe Johnson
Marion
Amare
K. Thomas

Take a look at the Phoenix roster and tell me who you think will be starting other than those five.

Humor me.
i don't know they could trade marion, nash amare could get sick

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't remember even having that conversation, but if we did you probably deserved it.

Whose got their panties in a bunch now? You want to see someone die over getting your ass handed to you over some fucking bench role players?

Class. Well, you're showing the last three letters of it (that's 'ass' seeings you're probably too slow to get it).

"I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, you've owned me on this bulletin board, so I hope you drive off the road and die."

Nice, asshole. With an attitude like that, no wonder any chick you've ever dated has the term 'ex' in front of her name.***

You should remember. I wasnt the only one calling you an asshole.

It was a comment. Sorta like the dumb ones you make. Like, sarcasm, you know. Of course you do, you aint good at it either.

*** Now who's got panties tied in knots.

Served. Goodnight.

Mr. Peabody
07-14-2005, 10:21 PM

I don't think it was just a matter of the Spurs being impatient. As high as Pop was on Scola, the Spurs must have known that they wouldn't be able to get Scola over this year. In other words, it probably wasn't Oberto instead of Scola, more than likely it was Oberto instead of nothing.
________
SexyDolls (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SexyDolls)

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
What I don't get, Brutalis, is that you come in here claiming to want information, but when people offer anything that doesn't fit with your preconceived notion that this is a bad move, you blast them.

If you truly don't know anything about Oberto, then listen to what is being said by those who've seen the dude play -- watching the Argentinian National Team has been a hobby for a large group in this forum since, oh, about 2000.

If you listen to them, those people -- particularly AHF, who is among the upper 1% of most knowledgable posters around here -- you'll learn all that you need to know about Oberto.

If you've just decided to come in an launch on an uninformed opinion, well then please accept my cordial invitation to STFU.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Served? You start a condescending thread about two guys you've seen what, a combined five games of, saying one guy sucks because he's two inches short (despite the other guy also being two inches short for his position).

You call Pop and RC dumb, despite them having seen probably a good 100 games more of play between these two guys (either in person on tape).

You get owned in the thread, and then say you hope the person who made you look like a fool (after you did a great job of it on your own with the whole "Kurt Thomas is tall enough, he's 6'8" - when he's playing center for Phoenix and is two inches shorter than the guy you're criticizing for being too short to play center) drives off a road and dies.

Served? :lol
Goodnight. Glad to see you finally are calling it a night. Maybe you'll wake up a little smarter tomorrow.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2005, 10:28 PM
BTW, I still haven't seen you put a number to how many times you've seen these two play.

Oberto (the short guy, according to you) matched Yao Ming statistically when they matched up (in case your math sucks that's about 8-9 inches in height difference depending on who you talk to), and Oberto's team won.

Scola is a great scorer. I'll give you that. But in a backup center we want someone to come in and bang down low. Oberto is tougher and stronger than Scola. He doesn't back down from people (those of you wanting someone to put an elbow in Carmelo's grill in the Denver series would have gotten your wish with Oberto around).

I just want to see you contribute something other than all this ignorant "this move is a bad one, this guy sucks" shit that you're spouting, particularly when you probably haven't even seen the guy play.

And finally Manu (yes, that guy Manu who just won his second ring to go along with a gold medal) said Oberto was what made Team Argentina go on defense and on the inside.

But what the fuck does he know? You've known Scola's name since we drafted him, so that makes you informed or something.

timvp
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
How the heck did Scola get on a God-like level with Spurs fans? He's good ... but I think Oberto gives the Spurs a better chance to win next season. He's more polished and is better at everything except scoring. Oberto is a player that can step in and get the job done.

Scola, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. Scola is more of a risk, with a possibility of a reward down the line.

Personally, I've also wanted Oberto on this team.

Guru of Nothing
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
What I don't get, Brutalis, is that you come in here claiming to want information, but when people offer anything that doesn't fit with your preconceived notion that this is a bad move, you blast them.

If you truly don't know anything about Oberto, then listen to what is being said by those who've seen the dude play -- watching the Argentinian National Team has been a hobby for a large group in this forum since, oh, about 2000.

If you listen to them, those people -- particularly AHF, who is among the upper 1% of most knowledgable posters around here -- you'll learn all that you need to know about Oberto.

If you've just decided to come in an launch on an uninformed opinion, well then please accept my cordial invitation to STFU.

Wow!