PDA

View Full Version : 05-06 spurs will win 65+ games

Banks91
07-14-2005, 09:53 PM
right now,with the way spurs are made up, with Manu getting

better , same with tony, bruce locking guys down, and Duncan

hopefully healthy, i see a dominant spurs team next season.

Even with all the manu and duncan injuries, they won 59 games this season

and i see them doing even better next season. DO yall agree???

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuup [/mookie]

Banks91
07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
catch a nut hoe

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
That's an opinion.

Brutalis
07-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Not even close.

I see a 60-22 season at best, 50-32 at worst.

Banks91
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
hell no

td4mvp21
07-14-2005, 10:10 PM
i doubt it every team is going to be out for our blood, even in the regular season.

Timoha
07-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Don't jinx it!!!

With all these injuries, you never know.

SequSpur
07-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Spurs win 57 games and another championship.

I am down with that.

I don't give a shit about the regular season, except......

that we beat the mavs, lakers, rockets and suns.

don't care about the rest.

slayermin
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm with Sequ but I would love to have that one unbelievable season when the Spurs win 65+ and pummel teams in the playoffs.

Sense
07-15-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm with Sequ but I would love to have that one unbelievable season when the Spurs win 65+ and pummel teams in the playoffs.

Who wouldnt....

But all the teams are improving... it might look like another '03-'04 season...

Way too much competition.

smeagol
07-15-2005, 05:58 AM
It's all about winning the championship. Furthermore, if we play that well during the regular season, what are the ST.com regular bitchers and moaners going to bitch and moan about?

TheTruth
07-15-2005, 06:02 AM
It's all about winning the championship. Furthermore, if we play that well during the regular season, what are the ST.com regular bitchers and moaners going to bitch and moan about?
Everything

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I say we go 52-20, and get beaten by the Suns or Mavs in the WCF Semi's :)

Never try and jinx your team 4 months before the season starts again and a month after they've just won the championship :spin

SpursWoman
07-15-2005, 08:41 AM
I say we go 52-20, and get beaten by the Suns or Mavs in the WCF Semi's :)

Damn, you do suck at math. :lol :lol

Extra Stout
07-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Who wouldnt....

But all the teams are improving... it might look like another '03-'04 season...

Way too much competition.Who? Where? Phoenix? Are the Spurs playing them 16 times next year because of some scheduling quirk? Where is all this across-the-board improvement? Besides Utah and Golden State, I'm not seeing it in the West. Indiana should be back to normal in the East. But a lot of teams are getting worse, too.

The Spurs were an .800 team before Tim Duncan sprained is ankle the first time. If they're healthy, they can do that again, even as defending champions.

boutons
07-15-2005, 08:50 AM
A mostly healthy, championship Spurs got 60 in 02/03. (rookie Manu was out until the ASB, and Spurs would have gotten 61 but Pop sat beat-up Stephen and Tim in Game82 and DAL won @SBC).

I think it's the nature of Spurs that inconsistency (when we hear the stupid "it's only one game" chorus for several giveaway L's) and FTs will make 65 W's very difficult, without even considering a few L's due to injuries.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-15-2005, 08:54 AM
82-0!!!!

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Damn, you do suck at math. :lol :lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I'm at work!!!!!!!!!!!!Not my fault. :)

waly.mg
07-15-2005, 09:32 AM
right now,with the way spurs are made up, with Manu getting

better , same with tony, bruce locking guys down, and Duncan

hopefully healthy, i see a dominant spurs team next season.

Even with all the manu and duncan injuries, they won 59 games this season

and i see them doing even better next season. DO yall agree???

We have now better team than the Championship team, but if we sign Scola we can win without TD too

BillsCarnage
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
The Spurs' biggest contende, besides the Suns, will be apathy. Will they have the same desire to do it again next season - alla '99/'03.

sa_butta
07-15-2005, 09:59 AM
The Spurs' biggest contende, besides the Suns, will be apathy. Will they have the same desire to do it again next season - alla '99/'03.Hell yes. More experienced team now and I think they will
have even more desire. The pressure is on for a repeat. And they will answer the call.

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 10:08 AM
The Spurs' biggest contende, besides the Suns, will be apathy. Will they have the same desire to do it again next season - alla '99/'03.

What team in the NBA DOESN'T desire to win a championship, let alone repeat? I'm sure that even the Hawks have the desire to win....maybe just not the talent. :rolleyes

strangeweather
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
What team in the NBA DOESN'T desire to win a championship, let alone repeat? I'm sure that even the Hawks have the desire to win....maybe just not the talent. :rolleyes

There's a big difference in the degree to which players and teams desire a championship, and the things they do to achieve one.

If you asked people on the street if they desire a million dollars, I'm guessing 10 out of 10 would say yes. But a few people make plans and set goals to try to make a million dollars, while most people don't.

Sense
07-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Who? Where? Phoenix? Are the Spurs playing them 16 times next year because of some scheduling quirk? Where is all this across-the-board improvement? Besides Utah and Golden State, I'm not seeing it in the West. Indiana should be back to normal in the East. But a lot of teams are getting worse, too.

The Spurs were an .800 team before Tim Duncan sprained is ankle the first time. If they're healthy, they can do that again, even as defending champions.

PHX, Minny might redeem themselves, seattle, dallas, houston,sac, denver is rapidly improving...
it's the fuckin west.

Extra Stout
07-15-2005, 03:26 PM
PHX, Minny might redeem themselves, seattle, dallas, houston,sac, denver is rapidly improving...
it's the fuckin west.You're just going on reputation.

The West is not what it used to be.

Sense
07-15-2005, 03:28 PM
You're just going on reputation.

The West is not what it used to be.

So you think it's easy winning the west.....?

Dex
07-15-2005, 03:37 PM

The Spurs weren't done in by apathy in '04. They were done in by 3 crappy games vs. the Lakers, plus the curse that will forever be known as .4

The desire was there.

And I think Tim Duncan missing the playoffs had something to do with the ending of '00

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 03:44 PM
There's a big difference in the degree to which players and teams desire a championship, and the things they do to achieve one.

If you asked people on the street if they desire a million dollars, I'm guessing 10 out of 10 would say yes. But a few people make plans and set goals to try to make a million dollars, while most people don't.

I highly doubt Spurs are going to divert from their goals and settle for anything less than a championship. After 3 rings, I'd like to believe they have plenty of "Desire."

ChumpDumper
07-15-2005, 04:03 PM
If we had somehow gotten Mike and Jerome James this summer?

82-0

Guaranteed.

strangeweather
07-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I highly doubt Spurs are going to divert from their goals and settle for anything less than a championship. After 3 rings, I'd like to believe they have plenty of "Desire."

The hard part of the desire after winning a ring is motivating to play hard in Atlanta on the second night of a back to back in January. In the past, a lot of title teams have slacked off in instances like that and lost games they should have won, ending up without home court for key series. Witness the first half of the Pistons' season last year.

Will that happen to the Spurs this year? Hopefully not, but we'll have to see.

boutons
07-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Before the Rumble in the Palace, Champion Pistons were lackadaisical in November 04. Larry was whining publicly about "I never thought I'd not have to coach effort, not with these guys". But they ended up in the Finals.

The Spurs have had the coach/system/talent to win for the last 2 years. The Spurs' biggest enemy has been and will be themselves. In 04, they beat themselves. In 05, they won. It looks like the talent is getting better for 05/06.

All I ever heard about back-to-back championships, that to stay on top, to be the team with the bulls' eye on your back, is extremely difficult.

Will Pop start the season with the season goal of repeating? or will he expressly refuse to set that goal (which is a goal for himself, as well), and play it game by game?

hussker
07-15-2005, 09:53 PM
62-20.... :hat