PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers will always be greater than the Spurs!!!

Venti Quattro
06-13-2013, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I know I'm late but I had a busy day and was watching the Bruins-Blackhawks game. That shit went to triple overtime but glad to see the Blackhawks win. Anyways, the Mavs became champions two years ago. It was the best moment in Mavs history and Mavs nation finally got what they always wanted: a championship. I couldn't believe the Mavs won that shit. I was so worried and paranoid that the Mavs would blow it in game 6 and lose game 7. However, they didn't. They played their asses off and won game 6 of the 2011 Finals. They were 4-0 in closeout games in 2011. It was nice to see Dirk and JET have their bromance moment during the last minute of the game when they hugged it out. They finally go their championship and finally got redemption for 2006. It was also nice to see Kidd, Marion, Chandler, Peja, and the rest get rings. It was also awesome to see Wade lose in the Finals. That piece of shit deserved losing that Finals. I loved seeing Stern hand the trophy to Don Carter. It was a classy move by Mark Cuban to let Don Carter hold the Larry O'Brien trophy. I know the Mavs have fallen off the NBA radar since ringing in 2011 but 2011 will always be the Mavs year. They were the best team and no one can take that away from them again. They were the best and have the Larry O'Brien trophy to prove it. They also have a nice banner at the AAC too. This Finals finally validated Dirk's legacy and put him in the top 20 in the NBA history. No one can ever talk shit about him choking. Lebron is a bigger choker than Dirk, lmao. Anyways, I just had to go back to memory lane and discuss the best moment in Mavs history.

Mojazz
06-13-2013, 01:38 AM
http://forum.philboxing.com/images/smilies/combo_520.gifhttp://forum.philboxing.com/images/smilies/biglaugh.gifhttp://forum.philboxing.com/images/smilies/combo_520.gif

dmon35
06-13-2013, 01:39 AM
did anybody catch the Laker's game last night?

midnightpulp
06-13-2013, 01:43 AM
J:lolcob

Such a lovable manic depressive.

m33p0
06-13-2013, 01:49 AM
enjoying the summer, junior?

HI-FI
06-13-2013, 01:50 AM
J:lolcob

Such a lovable manic depressive.
:lol
yeah, very underrated around here. i'll take his bipolar posts over a lot of the pretentious crap on here.

Asif Ali Zardari
06-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Anybody that thinks the Spurs have been better than the Lakers for any significant stretch is a complete moron:lmao

Trolling aside, even most Spurs fans would admit the Lakers are superior in every way and have owned the Spurs in head-to-head matchups.

NRHector
06-13-2013, 01:53 AM
:fishing :dont

dmon35
06-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Anybody that thinks the Spurs have been better than the Lakers for any significant stretch is a complete moron:lmao

Trolling aside, even most Spurs fans would admit the Lakers are superior in every way and have owned the Spurs in head-to-head matchups.

thats how ignorant you are. Listen to this stat "MORON" I take that back. Lakers have only 1 game over the Spurs in all time records. You call that OWNING!?

Asif Ali Zardari
06-13-2013, 01:59 AM
thats how ignorant you are. Listen to this stat "MORON". The Spurs are the ONLY team. I Repeat the ONLY team, to have a winning record over EVERY NBA TEAM.

Listen to this stat: Kobe Bryant has more championships than the entire Spurs franchise:wow

dmon35
06-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Listen to this stat: Kobe Bryant has more championships than the entire Spurs franchise:wow

which is it jackass? Head to head matchups or championships? make up your mind you little faggot.

Kuestmaster
06-13-2013, 02:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqY3VHubd_g

Indazone
06-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Isn't it time the Lakers blow up that old ass team of theirs?

dmon35
06-13-2013, 02:19 AM
correction: lakers have a 1 game regular season edge over the spurs, and a 12 game playoff edge over the spurs. Yeah, thats getting owned....what a bunch of faggot laker fans.

crc21209
06-13-2013, 02:45 AM
Laker fan re-living a Mavs championship? :lol WTF....

Darkwaters
06-13-2013, 02:48 AM

You guys are fucking morons. The post is entirely about the Mavs. Has nothing to do with the Lakers, despite the title.

Darkwaters
06-13-2013, 02:49 AM
PS:

http://i.imgur.com/XrJYRRA.jpg

Darkwaters
06-13-2013, 02:51 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Kyf-geCsv8U/S8i_fp5EAAI/AAAAAAAAAEA/BRDR4qDlNEU/s1600/mavslogo_mlp.jpg

sexinthatsx
06-13-2013, 03:02 AM
http://www.nhoutdoors.com/fishing_scenic.jpg

A little lonely out there huh bud?

unforeseen
06-13-2013, 03:20 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/NrgNl2C.gif (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/heat_fusion/media/NrgNl2C.gif.html)

temujin
06-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I know I'm late but I had a busy day

Stopped here.

:lmao

Venti Quattro
06-13-2013, 03:25 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/NrgNl2C.gif (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/heat_fusion/media/NrgNl2C.gif.html)

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Reck
06-13-2013, 03:31 AM
It pays to venture outside of just one section of a board sometimes.

:lol all these baits.

dg7md
06-13-2013, 03:52 AM
What does this have to do with the Lakers or Spurs?

The Mavs will never win another championship for quite some time, but I'm glad they finally got one.

NRHector
06-13-2013, 03:53 AM
It pays to venture outside of just one section of a board sometimes.

:lol all these baits.

:lol

Legacy
06-13-2013, 04:01 AM

:lmao

AWESOME.

Go0n
06-13-2013, 04:33 AM
God I can't wait for another season of hilarious Laker woes.

Jenks
06-13-2013, 06:32 AM
tl;dr

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 06:36 AM
:lol at the people who took the bait

TrainOfThought5
06-13-2013, 06:42 AM
What does this have to do with the Lakers or Spurs?

The Mavs will never win another championship for quite some time, but I'm glad they finally got one.

This. The rivalry was becoming a bit of a joke. Im happy they reached the top to claim some relevancy.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2013, 06:51 AM
To the OP, until the Spurs win 10 championships, they won't be in the same sentence as the Lakers. Believe me, us Spurs fans know this. But over the past 14 years, yes the Spurs have been right up there with the Lakers.

So, at this moment, Spurs fans don't care about the past, but the present and presently the Lakers are in total disarray while the Spurs are on the brink of another championship, with alot of young promising prospect they are developing overseas that will make an impact in years to come.

BeakersBro
06-13-2013, 07:05 AM

You have MDA, a clown owner, $30 million of fading Kobe, and the inability to draft and develop useful players in the draft/FA. How rosy is that future looking?

Darkwaters
06-13-2013, 07:15 AM
To the OP, until the Spurs win 10 championships, they won't be in the same sentence as the Lakers. Believe me, us Spurs fans know this. But over the past 14 years, yes the Spurs have been right up there with the Lakers.

So, at this moment, Spurs fans don't care about the past, but the present and presently the Lakers are in total disarray while the Spurs are on the brink of another championship, with alot of young promising prospect they are developing overseas that will make an impact in years to come.

I think you're overstating the accomplishments of the Lakers a bit. 16 championships is a bunch. But having won 5 of them in Minneapolis in a tiny NBA with what, 10 teams? 12 teams? Thats not nearly the accomplishment of today's 30 team, free agency grind. A full 6 of their championships came before the Spurs were even in the NBA.

So, I'm not trying to downplay what the Lakers have accomplished. But you have to understand exactly what those accomplishments are. Their record overall is definitely better than the Spurs - yes. Since 1979 they've won 10 Championships to our 4....soon to be 5. And they've won 16 Conference Championships in that time to our 5. That of course means that they've been to the finals and lost 6 times since we joined the league. Additionally, we've both won 19 division titles since we joined the league (the two teams are tied for most in the NBA). Lastly, since 1979 we've only missed the playoffs four times. The Lakers have missed it twice.

So, all that being said, yes the Lakers are a really good franchise. But stop cock slobbering them, we're pretty damn good ourselves.

Legacy
06-13-2013, 07:24 AM
:lmao Guys, Venti didn't even type this post. Like... at all. It's a copy and paste job from a Mavs fan. Yikeys! Calm the f--k down, silly wabbits!! :lmao

cutewizard
06-13-2013, 07:28 AM
What if the Jordan Bulls and the Shaq Lakers met???

Nothing. Just a thought to settle who really is better.............

cutewizard
06-13-2013, 07:31 AM
In our generation, the best has been:

The Duncan Spurs

The Jordan Bulls

The Shaq Lakers

The Rasheed Wallace Pistons

and the Olajuwon Rockets.....

im counting from the last championship of Jordan...........

exstatic
06-13-2013, 07:34 AM

The Lakers have been done since the Mavs butt fucked them on National TV in the 2011 playoffs. I'd stack any of our teams since then against them.

HemisfairArena
06-13-2013, 07:48 AM
How can the Lakers be better than the Spurs when their whole theory of success is stealing other teams good players? They have never been able to build through the draft and that is the mark of a great organization. The Lakers draft picks over the last 10+ years include players like Andrew Bynum, Jordan Farmar, Jarvis Crittenton, Brian Cook, Deveon George, Kareem Rush, Luke Walton, ect... None of which are still on the team or even in the league. If the Lakers had to win by drafting players, they would be lucky to win 30 games a year. They signed Shaq in free agency. They traded Vlade Divac for Kobe. They trade for Pau Gasol. They traded for Howard. They traded for Nash. Thats all that organization does. The fact the Spurs have won 50+ games a year since Duncan arrived and is now on the verge of going 5-0 in the Finals over that span is way better than what the Lakers have done over that span. The Lakers have choked twice in the Finals and missed the playoffs...and should have missed the playoffs again this year if not for how bad Dallas and Utah were.

beallionaire
06-13-2013, 08:00 AM

^^this fucking guy...after that comment im going to go ahead and assume you're a little slow

beallionaire
06-13-2013, 08:03 AM
which is it jackass? Head to head matchups or championships? make up your mind you little faggot.

this....haha yes, this :clap

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2013, 08:09 AM
So, all that being said, yes the Lakers are a really good franchise. But stop cock slobbering them, we're pretty damn good ourselves.

Lakers have had sustained excellence like the Spurs. But most of that was due to Jerry Buss. His son is a total buffoon and running the team to the ground. So as I said, I could careless about the Laker's past at this moment, its about the present and future, and the Spurs a very much ahead of the Lakers at the moment.

I am a die hard Cowboys fan, and I am not one of those guys that brings up the 3 rings of the 90's in arguments. Cowboys have been a huge disappointment for most of the past 15 years. Believe me, as a fan of sports, I am very much aware that past success doesn't equate to future success of a franchise.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Fishing too boring?

pgardn
06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I know I'm late but I had a busy day and was watching the Bruins-Blackhawks game. That shit went to triple overtime but glad to see the Blackhawks win. Anyways, the Mavs became champions two years ago. It was the best moment in Mavs history and Mavs nation finally got what they always wanted: a championship. I couldn't believe the Mavs won that shit. I was so worried and paranoid that the Mavs would blow it in game 6 and lose game 7. However, they didn't. They played their asses off and won game 6 of the 2011 Finals. They were 4-0 in closeout games in 2011. It was nice to see Dirk and JET have their bromance moment during the last minute of the game when they hugged it out. They finally go their championship and finally got redemption for 2006. It was also nice to see Kidd, Marion, Chandler, Peja, and the rest get rings. It was also awesome to see Wade lose in the Finals. That piece of shit deserved losing that Finals. I loved seeing Stern hand the trophy to Don Carter. It was a classy move by Mark Cuban to let Don Carter hold the Larry O'Brien trophy. I know the Mavs have fallen off the NBA radar since ringing in 2011 but 2011 will always be the Mavs year. They were the best team and no one can take that away from them again. They were the best and have the Larry O'Brien trophy to prove it. They also have a nice banner at the AAC too. This Finals finally validated Dirk's legacy and put him in the top 20 in the NBA history. No one can ever talk shit about him choking. Lebron is a bigger choker than Dirk, lmao. Anyways, I just had to go back to memory lane and discuss the best moment in Mavs history.

Whoa.
I agree.

But whoa.
We were fishing and you decided to play the electric guitar.

Brazil
06-13-2013, 09:20 AM

I don't often post but when I do it's usually because I have something important to say. Now I don't want you to take this personal but your threads are terrible. Again I don't know who you are, what you do, etc but I certainly hope that your contribution to this website is not the culmination of your life.

resistanze
06-13-2013, 09:33 AM

It's true. I am never going to be nothing more than a minion at Target. I guarandamntee you that I will never move up at that sweat shop. And you're right. I have burned a lot of bridges. One of my new year's resolutions was to not make it worse for me at Target this year so I've basically been a bitch and yes man to the bosses and co-workers. I'm basically a walking door mat. Yes, I know it's pathetic but I can't deal with confrontation right now. And you are 100 percent about me wasting my life at Target. I feel terrible, ashamed, guilty, and embarassed for wasting 5 years of my life at Target. I need to get a plan. I have currently been in the process of moving the last 2 months and I am just now finally settled. I was suckered/guilt tripped into moving in with my siblings so I honestly have not had fuckin' time to job hunt. And before I do any hunting for jobs, I got to get my mental health in order. I'm pretty sure I'm borderline bipolar and paranoid as hell. I am counting some of you to bash the shit out of me after I submit this post so have at it.

Knoxxx
06-13-2013, 10:15 AM
If the Lakers were always greater than the Spurs, we would not have swept them this year or won any championships for that matter. Greatness is temporal, but given the huge financial and Hollywood location advantage, Spurs have achieved far more and been a much better franchise.

The Lakers franchise is now in total disarray. You are going nowhere with Gasol/Howard, yet must throw huge dollars to keep them around. Even worse is the Kobe situation, which you can't win. No way he is worth $30 million, yet that is the price and what help you can get with that type of albatross on your payroll? And imagine the uproar if you amnesty him! He would make a nice veteran's minimum role player on the Spurs though, if he could get his effed up attitude/ego in check (doubtful).

In short, take your troll thread and shove it up your ass, and mods please move this garbage that is stanking up the Spurs board!

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Listen to this stat: Kobe Bryant has more championships than the entire Spurs franchiseListen to this stat: Kobe got carried for most of his championships. Kobe is the most overrated and selfish player in the history of the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjItpFHdJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMjqMca7V2I

m33p0
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216777&page=5

wildcardX
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM

When I think about it the Spurs have probably had a better overall record than the Lakers since 1991 and more winning seasons.