PDA

View Full Version : Ohio : Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88%

BobaFett1
06-13-2013, 06:07 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/06/10/ohio-dept-of-insurance-obamacare-to-increase-individual-market-health-premiums-by-88-percent/

BobaFett1
06-13-2013, 06:09 AM
There is a reason why even unions want to be exempt from obama care now, after they voted for it. You my friend are a jackass coolaid drinker, getting so tired of you fake azz smart people writting stories about why the truth is not the truth, take a rest ho.

Wild Cobra
06-13-2013, 06:13 AM
This doesn't surprise any of us who understands what happens when the government interferes with the free market.

BobaFett1
06-13-2013, 06:15 AM
This doesn't surprise any of us who understands what happens when the government interferes with the free market.

WC you understand that. But folks like Boutons who is a leftist troll is in denial.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2013, 06:19 AM
his is a significant concept to understand. Some people have the impression that the main reason that rates are going up under Obamacare is because of the law’s requirement that insurers cover people with pre-existing conditions. But that accounts for only a fraction—around a quarter—of the rate hike. The rest comes from all the other things that Obamacare does, such as forcing people to buy richer insurance benefits; to buy products with all sorts of add-ons they might not need; to pay Obamacare’s premium tax; and to pay a lot more, if they’re young, to subsidize older individuals.

exactly why I won't be able to afford to buy insurance for my employees anymore. the low deductibles, the extra coverage, making the absolute minimum acceptable policy extremely expensive.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2013, 06:31 AM
It's perfectly legal for me not to offer any coverage at all but if I do offer insurance it has to meet all of their unreasonable requirements.

BobaFett1
06-13-2013, 07:07 AM
So much for folks being accountable for there own health care.

Th'Pusher
06-13-2013, 08:41 AM
exactly why I won't be able to afford to buy insurance for my employees anymore. the low deductibles, the extra coverage, making the absolute minimum acceptable policy extremely expensive.
So drop their healthcare and quit talking about it. If they want to find another job that provides healthcare, they will. Sounds like the healthcare you were providing was pretty shitty tbh.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2013, 08:56 AM
So drop their healthcare and quit talking about it. If they want to find another job that provides healthcare, they will. Sounds like the healthcare you were providing was pretty shitty tbh.

What kind of insurance do you give your employees, big mouth?

My guess is Mama and Daddy still pay for yours.

Th'Pusher
06-13-2013, 09:03 AM
What kind of insurance do you give your employees, big mouth?

My guess is Mama and Daddy still pay for yours.

No. I work for an employer that does about $19B in revenue annually and these has been and will be little if any change to my HC plan as a result o the ACA.

RandomGuy
06-13-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/06/10/ohio-dept-of-insurance-obamacare-to-increase-individual-market-health-premiums-by-88-percent/

Interesting article. Lots of good linked data to read. Way more than I have time to read at the moment.

Thank you.

First thoughts:

Beware of simplification. Consideration of health care insurance premiums is ONE factor in the overall costs, and leaves out some rather tangible benefits.

This is the first step of making the true costs of health care in this country more transparent, and doesn't represent any additional cost to the economy overall, it just shifts it out of the background, and into a place where we can see it.

Shocking isn't it?