PDA

View Full Version : BLOOMBERG: NBA’s Robinson Jumps to Admiral as Dimon Calls Him Triple Threat

Phenomanul
06-13-2013, 09:27 AM
The way hall-of-famer David Robinson tells it, the atmosphere permeating the San Antonio Spurs wasn’t always one of professionalism and accountability.

Back in 1989, when the U.S. Naval Academy graduate nicknamed the Admiral joined the National Basketball Association franchise that’s become synonymous with selflessness, fundamentals and excellence, players routinely showed up for practice reeking of booze.

“How much do you have to drink to sweat alcohol?” asked Robinson, who after his NBA career co-founded Admiral Capital Group and whose Wall Street friends and advisers include JPMorgan (JPM) Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon and Avenue Capital Group LLC CEO Marc Lasry. “It was a bunch of total foolishness.”

Back then, Robinson says, teammates didn’t know what to make of the rookie who showed no inclination to join their carousing. The other Spurs took to calling him L-7, which Robinson at first thought was a term of endearment.

Laughing at how naive he was back then, Robinson makes an L with his left thumb and forefinger, and then a 7 with his right, his thumb at the top. He connects them to form a square.

“By the end of the week I realized they were making fun of me,” said Robinson, whose Spurs lead the Miami Heat 2-1 in the best-of-seven National Basketball Association Finals, which resumes tonight in San Antonio. “If I was going to be here, the culture was going to have to change.”

Keep reading.... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-13/nba-s-robinson-jumps-to-admiral-as-dimon-calls-him-triple-threat.html?cmpid=yhoo

Brazil
06-13-2013, 09:32 AM
:cry I was the only one with a bible :cry

Phenomanul
06-13-2013, 09:45 AM

I'm sure that's not the tenor of the article... :rolleyes

Bill_Brasky
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM

:lmao

#2!
06-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Philanthropy always nice, but this is mostly a polite way of saying "rich guys, help rich friends become richer."

Brazil
06-13-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm sure that's not the tenor of the article... :rolleyes

:cry they were making fun of me :cry
:cry nobody wanted to go to the church sunday morning with me :cry

Phenomanul
06-13-2013, 10:17 AM
:cry they were making fun of me :cry
:cry nobody wanted to go to the church sunday morning with me :cry

Whatever... to each their own.

What pissed you off in particular? The comment that suggested Robinson will be a more popular Spur than Parker?

DarrinS
06-13-2013, 10:20 AM
How could anyone not admire DRob?

Brazil
06-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Whatever... to each their own.

What pissed you off in particular? The comment that suggested Robinson will be a more popular Spur than Parker?

:cry I'm pissed off because Brazil is joking about the bible :cry
:cry my David is gonna be more popular than Parker the anti-christian who doesn't run after team mates with a bible :cry

degarza22
06-13-2013, 10:52 AM
:cry my David is gonna be more popular than Parker the anti-christian who doesn't run after team mates with a bible :cry

No Parker runs after teammates wifes

Humberto
06-13-2013, 11:01 AM
http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Robinson.jpg

Phenomanul
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM

That's laughable... I'm a fan of both players...

I could care less what you believe I think... I simply posted an article about a Spurs' player on a Spurs' forum...

tenbeersbold
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Never liked his pious ass tbh,him I can do without.
Add in the vulture capitalism he engages in and he's the average religious hypocrite

Brazil
06-13-2013, 12:38 PM
No Parker runs after teammates wifes

thus the anti-christian reference

Indazone
06-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Weak article, I didn't want to read about the Admiral Investment firm. I wanted to read how the culture changed around David Robinson and what happened along the road to make it happen.