View Full Version : Heat: Spo may change his starting lineup

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:12 PM

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
miller for who?

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Guessing he will play Miller at the 3 and move James to the 4.

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 01:18 PM
:lol

Blind Witness
06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Miller for Haslem. Is this a panic move?

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Match ups could get interesting. It potentially helps the Heat on one end but hurts them on the other. James can probably check Splitter but Bosh on Duncan is a favorable match up for SA and Miller will have to check Leonard...which could wind up a disaster for the Heat. It hurts the Heat even more on the glass too. Miller didn't pull down a single board in 22 minutes in the last game.

Juggity
06-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Miller's shooting 90% for the series, so I'm not surprised.

He hurts the team on defense, though, for sure.

Reck
06-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Miller for Haslem. Is this a panic move?

Abit of both in my opinion.

Miller has been the only constant bright spot for them so why not insert him into the mix earlier.

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 01:25 PM
He is 8/9 from 3 in the Finals tbh....

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:27 PM
I say go for it Spo. Anything that makes the Spurs better in the half court works for me, especially with Parker potentially limited.

VBM
06-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Kawhi hasn't been overly aggressive on offense, so Miller could check him.

Joyrider
06-13-2013, 01:29 PM
It would kill their bench so now Neal and Manu won't have to be chasing Miller around the court.

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
He can be aggressive though when he sees to opportunity. I think he sees Miller in front of him and immediately takes him off the dribble.

MeloHype
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Good

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
He should replace Wade with Miller in the starting lineup and bring Wade off the bench. Going small backfired for him in game 3 because of how much helping/rotating off shooters they did to defend the paint, plus all the offensive rebounds they gave up. Playing Lebron at PF for a few minutes here and there won't kill them but it can't be the lineup they have the majority of the game.

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:34 PM
He should replace Wade with Miller in the starting lineup and bring Wade off the bench. Going small backfired for him in game 3 because of how much helping/rotating off shooters they did to defend the paint, plus all the offensive rebounds they gave up. Playing Lebron at PF for a few minutes here and there won't kill them but it can't be the lineup they have the majority of the game.
Yup...this would be the logical move...but you know as well as I do that there is no way in hell Wade accepts coming off the bench.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Yup...this would be the logical move...but you know as well as I do that there is no way in hell Wade accepts coming off the bench.

We also know there's no way Spo does the most intelligent thing :lol

ElNono
Not sold on this move. Mike Miller will cool down eventually. Putting Lebron under the rim will make Pop post up Tim or Tiago and make Lebron really work. If they decide to double, our shooters will be open.

I understand that with Bosh and Wade struggling, they might not be able to afford an offensively challenged Haslem. But they're basically losing their best and maybe only defender on Duncan.

Brazil
So if the Spurs want to stay big they will play Splitter on Wade ?

smaka
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM

Miller can barely walk, no way he defends Kawhi :lol

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM
We also know there's no way Spo does the most intelligent thing :lol
That was actually my first thought before I thought when I typed out the word logical. :lol

ElNono
06-13-2013, 01:44 PM

I would let him cover Rio, as odd as it might sound. Whoever is on Miller is a guy you want to hide/rest on defense. Seeing TP is hurt, you could actually have him staying with Miller not to exert himself, and that actually works in the Spurs favor. Verde on Wade, Tim on Bosh and Kawhi on Lebron. Rio will probably stay back and try to space the floor too. If they want their offense to be Rio hitting 3s, it's much more enticing than letting Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Miller carve you up.

Nathan89
06-13-2013, 01:47 PM

Splitter on Miller.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Tactically I can see the thought process of the Xs and Os but in principal it's a gameplan built around a bench player stepping up into a new role in a critical road game in the NBA finals. He's had the hot hand, sure, but we're not talking about Robert Horry here either.

HeatChamps
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I like this idea. Duncan will be a total liability out there now. Spurs will need to take out Duncan.

ElNono
06-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I like this idea. Duncan will be a total liability out there now. Spurs will need to take out Duncan.

I'm wondering if that's what philibeaner is thinking :lmao

Splitter is the one that goes if Pop wants to match up. It would be basically Neal comes in and is hidden on Miller and Splitter is out.

Jacob1983
06-13-2013, 01:57 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/FTZB/desperate-much/image.png

JamStone
06-13-2013, 02:03 PM
When you lose by 30+, you're going to have to make some kind of adjustment.

May or may not work for the Heat. Splitter on Miller should yield some decent looks for Miller and the Heat I'm sure will hope he can continue to shoot well. But it should also open up the lane for more drives if LeBron and Wade are willing and capable. Defensively, I think the Heat will just have to play tougher down low one-on-one. It wasn't the paint that led to the 30 point blowout. It was the Spurs three point shooting. So if Duncan and Splitter are scoring down low at least it will generally only be two points instead of three pointers raining. There's obviously some give and take with a move like this.

But certainly the Miami Heat gameplan cannot be exactly the same as game 3. So it's probably worth a shot.

Brazil
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Splitter on Miller.

it would make more sense to have Green on him
Splitter on Miller would be a bad move imo, Splitter would have to chase him far from the rim. Wade on the other end cannot shoot anymore from 3 and anyway Spurs strategy is to let him shoot jumpers and protect against his penetration. if spurs want to stay big they don't have other option than putting splitter on wade and green on Miller. Leonard on Lebron, Parker on chalmer and Tim on Bosh

Brazil
06-13-2013, 02:17 PM
I would let him cover Rio, as odd as it might sound. Whoever is on Miller is a guy you want to hide/rest on defense. Seeing TP is hurt, you could actually have him staying with Miller not to exert himself, and that actually works in the Spurs favor. Verde on Wade, Tim on Bosh and Kawhi on Lebron. Rio will probably stay back and try to space the floor too. If they want their offense to be Rio hitting 3s, it's much more enticing than letting Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Miller carve you up.

Tp has no length to bother Miller from 3, Miller is shooting hot from distance this is why they put him in the starting 5. Only guys who can defend him properly are verde and leo. Split on wade is the only option I see, spurs want wade to take JS, doing this match up heat will play in spur's hands.

NASpurs
06-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Sure it may help offensively but it seemed like Miller was the one who got torched over and over last game when the Spurs were going on that second half run.

spurraider21
06-13-2013, 02:32 PM
If this means Lebron will spend more time playing defense in the paint it makes him much less of a nuisance since he won't be playing the passing lanes out in the perimeter

ElNono
06-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Tp has no length to bother Miller from 3, Miller is shooting hot from distance this is why they put him in the starting 5. Only guys who can defend him properly are verde and leo. Split on wade is the only option I see, spurs want wade to take JS, doing this match up heat will play in spur's hands.

Miller can get his shot off any of those guys. It doesn't help he can shoot it from way downtown. So all you have to do is put a guy close enough to him, hand up, to make him doubt about taking a shot. Tony can do that.

The other thing to keep in mind with Miller is that he's not that good from the corners. So he'll play the elbow:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0606/grant_r_MikeMiller_ShotChart.jpg

and probably a guy like Chalmers will be parked in the corner...
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0606/grant_r_MarioChalmers_ShotChart.jpg

which opens the door for the Spurs to actually leak out and RUN on a miss+rebound.

That's why I'm not sold Miller is really a good solution for the Heat. It kinda exposes them pretty badly on defense, and especially transition defense.

TheRealCB
06-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Well Carlisle gave the starting nod to Barrea when we were down 2-1,and we went on to win the next three games. So yeah,changing your line-up can sometimes help.

hater
06-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Well Carlisle gave the starting nod to Barrea when we were down 2-1,and we went on to win the next three games. So yeah,changing your line-up can sometimes help.

sure but Barea could penetrate as well as make plays. I don't think Miller would be that guy. He's just a scorching shooter. He's not healthy enough to do all the other stuff.

TheRealCB
06-13-2013, 02:47 PM
sure but Barea could penetrate as well as make plays. I don't think Miller would be that guy. He's just a scorching shooter. He's not healthy enough to do all the other stuff.

Yeah I don't think he's the answer,but the Heat destroyed the league playing small-ball.Makes sense to go back to it now that push comes to shove.

Ace
06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Wade's lack of shooting has been killing the Heat in this series. Obviously he should come off the bench but most likely won't. Miller should be starting but not in place of Haslem. None of that matters if LeBron doesn't grow a pair.

BlackSwordsMan
06-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Unless the line up involves a velicoraptor and jesus christ miami is fuc:loled

Phillip
06-13-2013, 03:05 PM
It would be smarter to swap Miller or Allen for Wade. Let Wade be 6th man.

BlackSwordsMan
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
It would be smarter to swap Miller or Allen for Wade. Let Wade be 6th man.nigga wade isn't ginobili he aint taking the bench he already gave up his leadership to lebron he aint losing his starter job

Lincoln
06-13-2013, 03:27 PM
People thought it was fuckin stupid when Rick started JJB over Lincoln starting game 4 cause the defense or lack thereof

JJB is 3-0 as a muthafuckin starter in the finals

Lincoln
06-13-2013, 03:28 PM

Lol didn't read this but yeah changes can make a difference

benefactor
06-13-2013, 03:28 PM
People thought it was fuckin stupid when Rick started JJB over Lincoln starting game 4 cause the defense or lack thereof

JJB is 3-0 as a muthafuckin starter in the finals
Different scenarios tbh.

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Put Splitter on Wade tbh, Wade always scored double digits vs Green in the 1st quarter, so he can't do worse than that. Tell Green to stay in front of Miller.

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Agreed, but what would that do to Wade's ego? He'd be embarrassed as fuck tbh. He'd be done mentally. Do it Sp:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Agreed, but what would that do to Wade's ego? He'd be embarrassed as fuck tbh. Do it Sp:lol
Yeah that's true. His STDs would flair up and he'd get all angry.

I'm not sure why Wade doesn't get any criticism for not even trying to develop a more reliable jumper to compensate for his declining athleticism. He's in a more complementary off ball role, it doesn't make any sense for him to still have such an inconsistent spot up shot.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Did Spo watch the tape? He tried that lineup and it got raped

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah that's true. His STDs would flair up and he'd get all angry.

I'm not sure why Wade doesn't get any criticism for not even trying to develop a more reliable jumper to compensate for his declining athleticism. He's in a more complementary off ball role, it doesn't make any sense for him to still have such an inconsistent spot up shot.

wades jumper has been laughable. same for his buddy _ames. There is no way spoelstra is bringing wade of the bench, might spark this again :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd07CWc2KYw

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Wade's lack of shooting has been killing the Heat in this series. Obviously he should come off the bench but most likely won't. Miller should be starting but not in place of Haslem. None of that matters if LeBron doesn't grow a pair.
You deflecting blame onto the Kang? Explain son.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
wades jumper has been laughable. same for his buddy _ames. There is no way spoelstra is bringing wade of the bench, might spark this again :lol

Yeah Lebron's jumper has been bad in this series but there's undeniable improvement in it overall (like him shooting over 40% from three this year). Wade seems totally content with having a shitty jumper.

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Edit: Spo is the Rodney Dangerfield of coaches. He gets no respect. Bron elbowed his ass a few years ag:lol

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2013, 03:56 PM
so he can hit threes

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah Lebron's jumper has been bad in this series but there's undeniable improvement in it overall (like him shooting over 40% from three this year). Wade seems totally content with having a shitty jumper.

keep on eye on lbj's jumper this series, i predict it will not be good.

tbh... not lookin for props, but just proving my point that this guy does not have developed jumper, time and time again in these finals i see him toss up bricks, no one can stop his passing ability or getting to the rim and finishing.. he has been choking so far,im interested to see how he responds today. but credit the spur defense and KL, they have been shrinking the floor well and closing all the gaps.

KaiRMD1
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Panic move?

Spurs9
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L3j9c.gif

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Just in case TacoMeatJackson, Clipper Nation, HH, Acehole, rogues (and others) are panicking too - here is what not to do if the cHeat lose tonight:

http://www.cheatdiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/suicide.png

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 04:03 PM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Edit: Spo is the Rodney Dangerfield of coaches. He gets no respect. Bron elbowed his ass a few years ag:lol

pretty much lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-13-2013, 04:03 PM
tbh... not lookin for props, but just proving my point that this guy does not have developed jumper, time and time again in these finals i see him toss up bricks, no one can stop his passing ability or getting to the rim and finishing.. he has been choking so far,im interested to see how he responds today. but credit the spur defense and KL, they have been shrinking the floor well and closing all the gaps.
Yeah I'm not a fan of his jumper either, it's goofy looking and inconsistent. It's gotten a lot better in recent years but he has too many nights where his jumper refuses to fall.

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Just in case TacoMeatJackson, Clipper Nation, HH, Acehole, rogues (and others) are panicking too - here is what not to do if the cHeat lose tonight:

http://www.cheatdiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/suicide.png

The balls of leBrick are deep in the throat of CN :lol, maybe thats why he struggles to respond when _ames plays terrible.

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan of his jumper either, it's goofy looking and inconsistent. It's gotten a lot better in recent years but he has too many nights where his jumper refuses to fall.

Just doesn't look pretty, i know that might sound weird, but when you see good shooters shoot, it looks fluid, and smooth. his shit is uuuuuuugglyyyy

Ace
06-13-2013, 04:13 PM
You deflecting blame onto the Kang? Explain son.

The best player on the planet putting up 15pts on 7/21 won't get done. Its not all on LeBron, Wade has been garbage causing more harm than good and Bosh has been just as bad.

Ace
06-13-2013, 04:14 PM

Wade had a solid jumper which seems to have disappeared when LeBron came. 08-09 Wade's jumper was wet.

Ace
06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Never thought LeBron belonged in the same category as Jordan to begin with but thought he had potential to be there. Obviously if he doesn't turn his performance in these finals around, then that potential is gone.

Mugen
06-13-2013, 04:23 PM
As long as my nigga Wade is still out there, I'm good with this move tbh.

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 04:39 PM
The best player on the planet putting up 15pts on 7/21 won't get done. Its not all on LeBron, Wade has been garbage causing more harm than good and Bosh has been just as bad.
I hate on LBJ (al:lolt), but he is literally carrying the Heat. He leads them in 3 major stats offensively and is clearly your best defender. The blame is not squarely on him. He'll play better, but his supporting cast must show up tbh.

Brazil
06-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Put Splitter on Wade tbh, Wade always scored double digits vs Green in the 1st quarter, so he can't do worse than that. Tell Green to stay in front of Miller.

agreed.

I understand ElNono logic with TP guarding Miller, cannot be worst and good way to hide him but u don't want to get Miller super hot from 3s and Parker would barely contest his shoot due to size. If u want to stay big and keep KL on Lebron, Verde is the only perimeter player that has the length to contest him.
Wade JS sucks so far, Pop will let him shoot long 2s all night long, in that scenario Split cannot do any harm and he should be quick enough to tunnel his drives towards the basket to go for a block.
On Offense, Miller starting should ease TP work: just feed the bigs in the post and let them work and try to feast on offensive rebounds.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Just doesn't look pretty, i know that might sound weird, but when you see good shooters shoot, it looks fluid, and smooth. his shit is uuuuuuugglyyyy
I know what you mean. It looks goofy.

Ace
06-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I hate on LBJ (al:lolt), but he is literally carrying the Heat. He leads them in 3 major stats offensively and is clearly your best defender. The blame is not squarely on him. He'll play better, but his supporting cast must show up tbh.

Role players won't beat the Spurs with LeBron scoring 15pts on 21 shots.

DPG21920
06-13-2013, 04:50 PM

I don't get this entirely. If you were to tell me the Heat's bench would be averaging roughly 30 PPG on nearly 60% FG before this series started I would have predicted a Heat sweep. The Heat's role players are maxing out. It's the starters/big 3 that is the issue.

spurspokesman
06-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I think this works for both teams but slightly more for the spurs so I say go for it.

Clipper Nation
06-13-2013, 04:56 PM
A good take from LkrFan? Is this Bizarro SpursTalk? :lol

Mugen
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
A good take from LkrFan? Is this Bizarro SpursTalk? :lol

:lol Rehashed/generic take tbh. ESPN must have been showing on the base today.

LakerHater
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
LeBron James is moving to Center!!

dunkman
06-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Spo's set to lose his job, so desperate situations require despera measures, jtbh . . .

DAF86
06-13-2013, 06:22 PM
I hope that they make this move and that Pop puts Splitter on Wade just to add insult to injury, tbh.

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't get this entirely. If you were to tell me the Heat's bench would be averaging roughly 30 PPG on nearly 60% FG before this series started I would have predicted a Heat sweep. The Heat's role players are maxing out. It's the starters/big 3 that is the issue.

Agreed. Wade and Bosh are underperforming. LBJ has too much responsibility on this team - which is crazy, given their overall talent level.

I gotta give Pop his props. He's orchestrating a great game plan so far. They are executing it to perfection. They gotta keep the pressure on Miami though.

Rogue
06-13-2013, 08:21 PM
no matter what starting lineups, he won't have any legit big who has everything that's required (strength, size, rebounding and defending skills) to offset TOSB. Birdman is light as a feather which makes him as much a weaklink as anyone when the opposing team goes HAM at the low post, though his attributes in rebounding/blocking/defense are probably the best of all participants in this series

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2013, 11:05 PM
He should replace Wade with Miller in the starting lineup and bring Wade off the bench.

Nice Analysis there Magic :lol

HeatChamps
06-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Spurs have no answer for this lineup. Haslem was a liability before as he allowed Duncan to rest on defense. No more of that. lol Splitter guarding Wade was comedy at its best. Wade will torch that pussy. I'm starting to think Heat in 6 again.

jimbo
06-14-2013, 12:58 AM

:rollin

Brunodf
06-14-2013, 01:00 AM
:rollin
Pop didn't and lost the game, nothing to see here

jimbo
06-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Pop didn't and lost the game, nothing to see here

:jekka

Reck
06-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Spurs have no answer for this lineup. Haslem was a liability before as he allowed Duncan to rest on defense. No more of that. lol Splitter guarding Wade was comedy at its best. Wade will torch that pussy. I'm starting to think Heat in 6 again.

Its easy when you're playing 4 on 5. 99.9 percent of the time you'll have it your way.

Splitter is the laughing stock snd the toilet seat of the NBA. I thought that honor belonged to Bonner but apparently not.

LOL Spurs will probably keep both those weaklings for the rest of their pathetic careers.