PDA

View Full Version : If you don't love Gitmo, you belong there yourself.

Clandestino
07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Seriously, if you don't think we should have all the enemy combatants that we rounded up on the battlefields of afghanistand and iraq locked up in gitmo or some other place then you should be there sitting in the cell right next to them. The majority of these terrorists should have been killed on the battlefield instead of us housing them, giving them 3 great meals, a koran, clean clothes and all the other shit they would not get if they were free...

Screw them... Maybe one of the hurricanes will wipe them out. It would be God's will!

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Thanks, Clan. The flames hadn't become quite as hot already.

scott
07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Seriously, if you don't think we should have all the enemy combatants that we rounded up on the battlefields of afghanistand and iraq locked up in gitmo or some other place then you should be there sitting in the cell right next to them. The majority of these terrorists should have been killed on the battlefield instead of us housing them, giving them 3 great meals, a koran, clean clothes and all the other shit they would not get if they were free...

Screw them... Maybe one of the hurricanes will wipe them out. It would be God's will!

Are you saying that all the people locked in Cuba are terrorists? Or that all enemy combatants are terrorists? Or that all enemy combatants should be treated like terrorists?

Just trying to understand you here.

Clandestino
07-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Are you saying that all the people locked in Cuba are terrorists? Most of them are..

Or that all enemy combatants are terrorists? Oh hell yeah!

Or that all enemy combatants should be treated like terrorists? Yes

Guru of Nothing
07-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Or that all enemy combatants are terrorists?[/b] Oh hell yeah!

Spoken like a foolish news-watching civilian.

scott
07-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Are you saying that all the people locked in Cuba are terrorists? Most of them are..

Or that all enemy combatants are terrorists? Oh hell yeah!

Thanks.

I thought you said you were supposed to be smart?

Spurminator
07-14-2005, 11:44 PM
This is precisely the kind of rhetoric that will help the United States in the war on terrorism.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 01:31 AM
you DO realize you are putting your party to shame by making an incredibly retarded post like this don't you???

keep watching hannity and colmes man keep watchin..

Nbadan
07-15-2005, 03:24 AM
http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2002/images/tips_form.gif

Clandestino
07-15-2005, 08:10 AM
so, you non-patriots think we should get rid of gitmo? and what do we do with the terrorists there? let them free so they can be caught again after committing terrorist acts?(that has happened already you know)

i knew you guys wouldn't respond to this. you are too busy thinking of ways to free terrorists, pedophiles, etc...

Duff McCartney
07-15-2005, 10:38 AM
so, you non-patriots think we should get rid of gitmo?

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious."

Jekka
07-15-2005, 10:44 AM
You know, I have Clandestino blocked, but unfortunately I can still see his thread titles - and knowing Clandestino's pattern of idiocy (thus my intentional blockage of his stupidity), I feel justified in calling him an overly-zealous (yet mindless) conservative asshole who apparently feels the need to damn everyone who uses their brain to check the actions of their government. You're so eager to send your fellow country-men off to prison for not holding your ideals, but how does that make you different from the regimes you so desperately condemn because they persecute innocents and civilians (oh, and I assume it's also for your gung-ho, holier-than-thou patriotic image)? (That was a question, but you're still blocked, Clandestino, so I won't be reading any response to it) I can live with the fact that I might be totally wrong on this post, since I didn't bother reading it, but I'm reasonably confident that Clandestino is still pretty damn fatuous.

Bandit2981
07-15-2005, 10:52 AM
You didn't miss anything, Jekka, just the same old "you're unpatriotic if you don't like prisoners being in Gitmo" routine

FromWayDowntown
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
"If you ain't wit us, you must be agin us."

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
You know, I have Clandestino blocked, but unfortunately I can still see his thread titles - and knowing Clandestino's pattern of idiocy (thus my intentional blockage of his stupidity), I feel justified in calling him an overly-zealous (yet mindless) conservative asshole who apparently feels the need to damn everyone who uses their brain to check the actions of their government. You're so eager to send your fellow country-men off to prison for not holding your ideals, but how does that make you different from the regimes you so desperately condemn because they persecute innocents and civilians (oh, and I assume it's also for your gung-ho, holier-than-thou patriotic image)? (That was a question, but you're still blocked, Clandestino, so I won't be reading any response to it) I can live with the fact that I might be totally wrong on this post, since I didn't bother reading it, but I'm reasonably confident that Clandestino is still pretty damn fatuous.

hahahahahahahahahaha :lmao :lmao clanedestino just got rocked

preach on sista

MannyIsGod
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
I love this woman.

Clandestino
07-15-2005, 04:12 PM
:lmao

i love it.. i am blocked, but i still get her dirty panties in a wad...

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 04:24 PM
you're like kenyon martin that time he tried to take it strong against duncan in the finals

he got blocked 3 consecutive times then got bailed out by the refs

the ref in this case is TRO

youre that little sissy kenyon

jekka is duncan

Clandestino
07-15-2005, 04:29 PM
you're like kenyon martin that time he tried to take it strong against duncan in the finals

he got blocked 3 consecutive times then got bailed out by the refs

the ref in this case is TRO

youre that little sissy kenyon

jekka is duncan

:lol i have no idea wtf you're talking about

bigzak25
07-15-2005, 04:36 PM
dirty panties in a wad...

i like where this is going...
http://www.angelfire.com/psy/tylah_chan0/quagmire.JPG

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 04:38 PM
:lol i have no idea wtf you're talking about

and youre a spurs fan? :rolleyes

Clandestino
07-15-2005, 05:05 PM
and youre a spurs fan? :rolleyes

well, tell me how jekkas dirty panties, kenyon martin, gitmo and being a spurs fan all fit together....

cqsallie
07-16-2005, 01:09 AM
well, tell me how jekkas dirty panties, kenyon martin, gitmo and being a spurs fan all fit together....

Jekkas panties aren't dirty (or in a wad), Kenyon Martin looked like a highschooler against Duncan, Gitmo is an embarrassment. Being a Spurs fan means that you admire clean people who play like pros, and don't embarrass their countrymen. It all fits together, you silly twerp!

May I also ask why the hell you're sitting at home posting these stupid opinions and not fighting the terrorists? Get yourself down to a recruiting office and put the rest of your body where your mouth is! :blah

Clandestino
07-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Jekkas panties aren't dirty (or in a wad), Kenyon Martin looked like a highschooler against Duncan, Gitmo is an embarrassment. Being a Spurs fan means that you admire clean people who play like pros, and don't embarrass their countrymen. It all fits together, you silly twerp!

May I also ask why the hell you're sitting at home posting these stupid opinions and not fighting the terrorists? Get yourself down to a recruiting office and put the rest of your body where your mouth is! :blah

already served... how about you?

exstatic
07-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Worst thread ever.

The Ressurrected One
07-16-2005, 04:51 PM

Johnny Tightlips
07-17-2005, 06:06 AM

xcoriate
07-17-2005, 07:21 AM
already served... how about you?

Why not go again??

Clandestino
07-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Why not go again??

have you been?

smeagol
07-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Why not go again??
I'm with you. He should do it again, and again, and again . . .

Bandit2981
07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
What branch and division were you Clan? How long did you serve?

xcoriate
07-18-2005, 10:01 AM
have you been?

Nope, I have no desire to.

You on the other hand claim too, so I ask why you are not currently there?

Clandestino
07-18-2005, 10:10 AM
What branch and division were you Clan? How long did you serve?

I was in for 4 1/2 years. Worked Intel, served everywhere from cali, to bosnia, to russia, to wales, germany, etc... it was great fun, but i got out, bc i never wanted to make it a career. i just wanted to join since i was a kid and that is what i did.

Bandit2981
07-18-2005, 11:16 AM
I was in for 4 1/2 years. Worked Intel
CIA Clan? :lol

Clandestino
07-18-2005, 07:07 PM
CIA Clan? :lol

nope, but i have worked with some of those guys

Winehole23
12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
The U.S. general who opened the Guantanamo detention camp said Thursday it was a mistake and should be shut down because "it validates every negative perception of the United States."

"In retrospect, the entire detention and interrogation strategy was wrong," Marine Major General Michael Lehnert wrote in a column published in the Detroit Free Press.

Lehnert, now retired from the military and living in Michigan, was the first commander of the task force that opened the detention camp in January 2002 at the Guantanamo Bay U.S. Naval Base in Cuba.

He said the United States opened it "because we were legitimately angry and frightened" by the Sept. 11 hijacked plane attacks in 2001 and thought the captives sent there would provide "a treasure trove of information and intelligence."

He quickly became convinced that most of them never should have been sent there because they had little intelligence value and there was insufficient evidence linking them to war crimes, he wrote.

"We squandered the goodwill of the world after we were attacked by our actions in Guantanamo, both in terms of detention and torture," Lehnert wrote. "Our decision to keep Guantanamo open has helped our enemies because it validates every negative perception of the United States."http://tribune.com.pk/story/644641/us-general-who-opened-guantanamo-prison-says-shut-it-down/

boutons_deux
12-12-2013, 12:52 PM
But the Repugs absolutely block Obama from shutting down gitmo, and right-wingers then trash Obama as LIAR for failing to keep his promise to shut down gitmo.

Winehole23
12-12-2013, 02:11 PM
You're deluded, boutons. Obama doesn't have the guts to close Gitmo and neither do the Dems. If they had, they'd have tried to close it in 2009, but the Dems were loudly against it.

Winehole23
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Wittes on Gitmo related provsions in the NDAA: http://www.lawfareblog.com/2013/12/this-years-ndaa-a-big-win-for-the-administration-on-guantanamo/

boutons_deux
12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
You're deluded, boutons. Obama doesn't have the guts to close Gitmo and neither do the Dems. If they had, they'd have tried to close it in 2009, but the Dems were loudly against it.

Dems in 2009 wanted to see the the logistics of closing and where the poor mofos would end up. Every Repug Senator voted against.

angrydude
12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Dems in 2009 wanted to see the the logistics of closing and where the poor mofos would end up. Every Repug Senator voted against.

Since when did that stop those Dems from doing the fuck whatever they wanted. Obamacare anyone?

Did all republican obstructionists force Obama to go around murdering people with drones non-stop?

Oh, Gee!!
12-12-2013, 03:27 PM
what if you wanna be "just friends" with gitmo?

boutons_deux
12-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Since when did that stop those Dems from doing the fuck whatever they wanted. Obamacare anyone?

Did all republican obstructionists force Obama to go around murdering people with drones non-stop?

ACA had all the Dems' support, while closing gitmo (without full logistics clarified) didn't.

really simple, at least for us smart ones who have mastered vote-counting arithmetic.

AntiChrist
12-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Winehole at work

Q1zbgd6xpGQ

Seriously, do you always scour the bowels of the political forum?

ChumpDumper
12-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Winehole at work

Q1zbgd6xpGQ

Seriously, do you always scour the bowels of the political forum?Why does he use the search function and bump topics to give recent posts more context?''

Certainly not for you.

Winehole23
12-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Winehole at work

Q1zbgd6xpGQ

Seriously, do you always scour the bowels of the political forum?I like to look for (and read through) relevant past threads when I have something to post -- believe it or not, very few topics here are brand new.

Winehole23
12-13-2013, 02:33 PM
This week marks the one-year anniversary of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s adoption of a sweeping 6,300-page study detailing the CIA’s post-9/11 detention, rendition, torture and interrogation program. But the public has yet to see one word of it.

That’s because, even though it deals with some of the most important and contentious issues this country has grappled with in recent years, the entire report remains classified.
Here’s what we do know about the report:

First, it is almost certainly the most exhaustive, detailed investigation of the CIA torture program to date. The committee spent more than three years researching the program, including reviewing six million pages of documents.
Second, according to senators who have seen it, the report includes a damning indictment and repudiation of the longstanding claims that torture and ill treatment led to accurate and actionable intelligence.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said (http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=95e0a445-d569-80f9-f216-89ec7a7b6928) the report “confirms for me what I have always believed and insisted to be true – that the cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment of prisoners is not only wrong in principle and a stain on our country’s conscience, but also an ineffective and unreliable means of gathering intelligence.”

A similar sentiment was expressed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who heads the intelligence committee. Feinstein said she believes the report “will settle the debate once and for all over whether our nation should ever employ coercive interrogation techniques such as those detailed in this report.”

Furthermore, the report contradicts the notion that such techniques led to the finding of Osama bin Laden’s courier and instead suggests that “the CIA detainee who provided the most accurate information about the courier provided the information prior to being subjected to coercive interrogation techniques,” according (http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=0d4e72c7-361a-4271-922f-6e2ccaa3f609) to Sens. Feinstein, McCain, and Carl Levin (D-Mich.).

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/12/release-the-senate-torture-report-101078.html#ixzz2nNwY3mem

The Reckoning
12-13-2013, 04:14 PM
obama not closing gitmo...

lol

Winehole23
12-14-2013, 03:32 AM
yep. still not closing Gitmo.

boutons_deux
12-14-2013, 09:50 AM
obama not closing gitmo...

lol

Congress still blocking (not approving, not funding) Obama from closing Gitmo.

Winehole23
12-14-2013, 11:56 AM
that the US Congress doesn't have the gumption either is well established by now.

boutons_deux
12-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Congress moved a tiny bit towards closing GITMO

Senate Eases Transfer Restrictions for Guantánamo Detainees

The Senate late last night passed the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2014, which will ease transfer restrictions for detainees currently held at the military detention camp at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, most of whom have been held without charge or trial for over a decade. The bill, which passed the House of Representatives last week, cleared the Senate by a vote of 84-15. The improved transfer provisions were sponsored by Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin and were strongly supported by the White House and the Defense Department.

“This is a big step forward for meeting the goal of closing Guantánamo and ending indefinite detention. For the first time ever, Congress is making it easier, rather than harder, for the Defense Department to close Guantánamo—and this win only happened because the White House and Defense Secretary worked hand in hand with the leadership of the congressional committees,” said Christopher Anders, senior legislative counsel at the ACLU’s Washington Legislative Office. “After years of a blame-game between Congress and the White House, both worked together to clear away obstacles to transferring out of Guantánamo the vast majority of detainees who have never been charged with a crime.”

The current population at Guantánamo stands at 158 detainees, approximately half of whom were cleared for transfer to their home or third-party countries by U.S. national security officials four years ago. Also, periodic review boards have recently started reviews of detainees who have not been charged with a crime and had not been cleared in the earlier reviews. While the legislation eases the transfer restrictions for sending detainees to countries abroad, it continues to prohibit the transfer of detainees to the United States for any reason, including for trial or medical emergencies.

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2013/12/20-1

Winehole23
12-23-2013, 09:32 AM
the proof isn't in the pudding, but in the eating. without transfers this is an empty gesture.

angrydude
12-24-2013, 03:26 AM
Seems to me like whenever Obama really wants to do something, like say, extend the Obamacare deadline, he just does it.

But using his constitutional powers as commander in chief to move a handful of prisoners without congressional approval is BEYOND HIS CONTROL!!!!!!!!! OMG!

lol.

Obama doesn't want to close the place. If he did he'd do it.

boutons_deux
12-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Seems to me like whenever Obama really wants to do something, like say, extend the Obamacare deadline, he just does it.

But using his constitutional powers as commander in chief to move a handful of prisoners without congressional approval is BEYOND HIS CONTROL!!!!!!!!! OMG!

lol.

Obama doesn't want to close the place. If he did he'd do it.

No, Congress has to approve the funds, which have been denied.