PDA

View Full Version : Pop panicked

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Splitter had only one foul and got benched.

Played Neal early= Spurs gave up 65049685 fastbreak points and build Lebron's confidence.

:lol Lineups with Green at PF
This 2011 Spurs ball isn't looking good

Edit:

3:15

45-38
Boris Diaw enters the game for Gary Neal

And the big lineup makes an 11-4 run to end the half, shocking.

Richie
06-13-2013, 08:40 PM
We went up 10 after Splitter got benched

Baam
06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah caved in 20s in but then again Splitter was playing dumb.

Worst thing was Pop going with Cojo Neal running the show when we were up 10.

DMC
06-13-2013, 08:43 PM
You go up 10 to absorb a run. It's not going to last all game. Don't think it's going to be a 30pt blowout by SA again. Extra points are only good to absorb runs by your opponent, they are useless for anything else as they aren't there to give the fans more mental assurance.

cjw
06-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Splitter is the softest big in the league. What an embarrassment.

SpursOwn
06-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Splitter can break his fucking neck for all I care. Pussy is a so soft.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Can't play Parker 48. Sorry.

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah, that lead is looking good right now :tu
Heat shooting 55%

therealtruth
06-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Reestablish the defensive lineup that got us here at the start of the second. Have to believe in the defense. It's the only way. Splitter should use his length to contest Wade on the jumpers. No need to jump. We'll take advantage of Miller's lack of defense on the other end.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Actually, just play Tony enough to win the game without breaking.

Capt Bringdown
06-13-2013, 09:05 PM

Nevertheless, it fucked our normal rhythm up and let LeBron regain his confidence.
Big, big mistake.

Even Splitter made 2 numbskull plays in a row (blowing the tipoff and a quick stupid foul), you let him play through.

Reck
06-13-2013, 09:06 PM
It really is almost impossible to post here.

Blow your brains out.

DMX7
06-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Splitter played like shit. Are you kidding? Every guard/small forward on the floor for the Heat were taking turns rejecting him.

dmon35
06-13-2013, 09:19 PM

Played Neal early= Spurs gave up 65049685 fastbreak points and build Lebron's confidence.

Edit:

45-38

I dont think it had anything to do with the foul. More so to do with Splitter not being able to guard Wade.

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Splitter played like shit. Are you kidding? Every guard/small forward on the floor for the Heat were taking turns rejecting him.
Well, there is Diaw in the bench, but Pop panicked and played some weird lineups that messed the rotation.

exstatic
06-13-2013, 09:21 PM

Edit:

45-38

Splitter benched for soft finishes getting sent BACK, not one foul.

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 09:24 PM
:lol OP forced to edit his shit

Brunodf per par.

chrisattsu
06-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Splitter is the softest big in the league. What an embarrassment.

Would you rather have Fab Oberto

DMX7
06-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Well, there is Diaw in the bench, but Pop panicked and played some weird lineups that messed the rotation.

I agree. He played some bizarre rotations.

dmon35
06-13-2013, 09:27 PM
I do think that Joseph should not have come into the game. He's good but he's not ready for this kinda action just yet.

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 09:27 PM

Brunodf per par.
Wtf? I was complaining about small ball. I always said that we should have 2 bigs(bigs= TD/Splitter/Diaw) on the floor.

capek
06-13-2013, 09:28 PM

Brunodf per par.

cjw
06-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Would you rather have Fab Oberto

Still don't know which of them has better hair. Diaw is more versatile defensively if they have to switch onto Wade with one of them again. If it's Battier or one of the bigs, Splitter is fine.

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Neal in for Diaw= Heat run/no defense

ChumpDumper
06-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Are you going to change the OP again?

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Also small ball gave up 5 offensive rebounds in 7 minutes, was outscored by 5 in the 3rd

sdsucwsl
06-13-2013, 10:16 PM
If the Spurs lose, this one is on Pop. Really puzzling rotation this game.

KaiRMD1
06-13-2013, 10:34 PM
We let Lebron have his way with us, simple as that.

Brunodf
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Called it tbh, Pop screwed this game and likely the series

SupremeGuy
06-13-2013, 10:43 PM
lol @ splitter asking for a good contract

ChumpDumper
06-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Called it tbh, Pop screwed this game and likely the seriesWhich edit was right?

therealtruth
06-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Spoelstra outcoached Pop with the Mike Miller change. Pop should have kept the same rotations. We didn't use the same defensive gameplan and allowed the Heat to get into the paint. That opened up their jumpshots. What good is a gameplan if you don't stick to it?

silverblk mystix
06-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Again, Pop panicked the moment the other coach went small.

1 foul on Splitter - Pop goes small. Never even tried to stay big to see if the offense would punish Miami for playing small. Not even once. Indiana stayed big - played their game - Pop was watching - but it wasn't enough to convince him he does not need to play Miami's style.

Next - the refs got Miami in a great groove by that 1st qtr screw job...

Finally - Miami got comfortable with their style and the Spurs fucked lineups and of course they win.

Pop and small ball = Spurs loss.

Keepin' it real
06-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Splitter can break his fucking neck for all I care.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/298/588/59e/resized/loser-meme-generator-maaaaaann-you-are-one-pathetic-loser-8bcee0.png?1321673043.jpg

dunkman
06-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Spo' is a much better coach then what is given credit for. He made some adjustments for g4, and it worked well.
It's now Pop's turn to make counter plays for g5.

bus driver
06-14-2013, 09:03 AM
pop didnt panic, this is just simply Black's Queen to A5.

Capt Bringdown
06-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Pop's temper-tantrum coaching didn't help us win the game. Perhaps game 4 of the Finals is not the right time to play "Fuck you, I'm the boss" games.
There was no basketball reason for pulling Splitter at that point. It was a pure "That'll show 'em who's boss," bush-league move.
Simulator crew coaching.

silverblk mystix
06-14-2013, 09:05 AM
pop didnt panic, this is just simply Black's Queen to A5.

Pop panicked period.

coachmac87
06-14-2013, 10:53 AM
He benched him because he was guarding Wade and he was getting goin so Pop switched it up. Pacers made West guard James at times. Spurs can't do that with Splitter...pick your poison..can't have it both ways

Agloco
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
I dont think it had anything to do with the foul. More so to do with Splitter not being able to guard Wade.

Wasn't given a chance tbh.

Lonestar
06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Rotations were for shit and he conceded the game too soon in the 4th. Neil and Green were still hot but he made no real effort to get them shots. He needed to abandon the Manu experiment immediately, get Splitter off the floor and tough it out with his best rotation. I blame the loss on Pop! I thought his coaching was crap last night.

kobexxx
06-14-2013, 12:21 PM
I think Manu needs to get some drawn out play for him to get in rythmn.. right now championship will not be won by shooting 3s from green and neal

Slippy
06-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Posted in another thread before game 4 that the only thing that would affect Tiago's mental state would be his coach. Pop didn't let me down. It took an opponent line-up change and a foul 1min into the game to change what's worked all season and play-offs. Was glad to see Pop atleast resisted from pulling Diaw 11 secs into the second half when he fouled Wade. Now that would of been demoralising.

There's no doubt Tiago has to finish better. He's gone away from using the elbows and showing patience. Didn't help the refs gave him no respect. Wades strip was a clear hack on the wrist and if you allowed to follow through with head and shoulder contact, then Battier's block was clean. In fact they allowed a lot of physicality on the spurs that went un-noticed in the first half.

Spurs need to match it game 5.

therealtruth
06-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Posted in another thread before game 4 that the only thing that would effect Tiago's mental state would be his coach. Pop didn't let me down. It took an opponent line-up change and a foul 1min into the game to change what's worked all season and play-offs. Was glad to see Pop atleast resisted from pulling Diaw 11 secs into the second half when he fouled Wade. Now that would of been demoralising.

There's no doubt Tiago has to finish better. He's gone away from using the elbows and showing patience. Didn't help the refs gave him no respect. Wades strip was a clear hack on the wrist and if you allowed to follow through with head and shoulder contact, then Battier's block was clean. In fact they allowed a lot of physicality on the spurs that went un-noticed in the first half.

Spurs need to match it game 5.

I agree. The Spurs will need Splitter to play 25+ minutes to win. If he can't give them that then they're hurting their defense. The whole game plan is to wall of the paint. They didn't stick to that in game 4. The Heat need to be disuaded from attacking the paint and 2 seven footers tends to do that.

cd021
06-14-2013, 08:44 PM

Edit:

45-38

Greens D against Lebron has actually been very good for the most part in this series. He anticipates Lebrons moves on two or 3 or plays and stopped Lebron from scoring easy baskets.

It was better to take Tiago out. Not because of foul trouble because he was guarding Miller who went 5-5 from 3 and kept Miami from getting massacred in game 3. Spitter isn't going to play enough minutes for foul trouble to matter much. He's only playing the 1st 7 or so minutes of the 1st and 3rd and playing 5 minutes in between the 1st -2nd quarters and the 3rd and 4th.

cd021
06-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I think Manu needs to get some drawn out play for him to get in rythmn.. right now championship will not be won by shooting 3s from green and neal

It got us half way there. Ain't bad, but the big 3 obviously needs to play better. I'm sure Pop has done that he has been coaching for 17 seasons, that seems 101 for a important player.

T Park
06-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Yup. Not the turnovers, not the lack of urgency. It was coaching. Fucking Spurstalk.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Yup. Not the turnovers, not the lack of urgency. It was coaching. Fucking Spurstalk.

Funny things is this dude edited the OP at times because it was backfiring. :lol

Brunodf per par I saaaaiiiid

cd021
06-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Pop's temper-tantrum coaching didn't help us win the game. Perhaps game 4 of the Finals is not the right time to play "Fuck you, I'm the boss" games.
There was no basketball reason for pulling Splitter at that point. It was a pure "That'll show 'em who's boss," bush-league move.
Simulator crew coaching.

What are u talking about? Splitter wasn't a going to be able check Miller for the 1st 7 minutes of the game. It was better to go small and play Splitter for long stretches of the 1st and 2nd quarter. Splitter played terribly. Catching the ball in the paint and getting stripped attempting to pass out. Getting blocked 2 by Wade and Battier. In the last 5 post season games he is grabbing 2.5 rpg and shooting 41% from the field in 23 minutes. He logged 14 minutes, embarrassed himself, was a non factor offense, & can't board against small forwards.

Pop pushed the right buttons but...

Joseph isnt ready to be the backup PG, unfortunately he's the best option. He's a good defender but can't really score unless he's pushing it in the fast break.
Splitter was an non factor.
Manu couldn't score, pass without turning it over.
Parker had a minute restriction, that seemed to be the right move but had to ditch that with the game slipping out of reach.
Duncan disappeared for long stretches. he scored at an efficient rate (60% FG, 80%FT)but only took 10 shots in 33 minutes

cd021
06-14-2013, 09:05 PM

This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Clowns talking that nonsense.

Brunodf
06-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Funny things is this dude edited the OP at times because it was backfiring. :lol

Brunodf per par I saaaaiiiid
Wut? The only thing i added was the Diaw/Duncan run:wakeup

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Wut? The only thing i added was the Diaw/Duncan run:wakeup

You edited your shit son. That's that.

Brunodf
06-15-2013, 01:16 AM
You edited your shit son. That's that.
:rolleyes

siraulo23
06-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Pop didnt panic splitter wasn't up to the challenge, stupid backcourt violation 2 secs in and jumped on wades pump fake I'm sure that's the first advice he got from the coaching staff

He had chances to redeem himself but made poor decisions when he got the ball. Overall one of his worst playoff performance. Now game 5 wcf last year absolutely Pop panicked

sjacquemotte
06-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Spoelstra outcoached Pop with the Mike Miller change. Pop should have kept the same rotations. We didn't use the same defensive gameplan and allowed the Heat to get into the paint. That opened up their jumpshots. What good is a gameplan if you don't stick to it?
That change didn't create all the turnovers which turned into to over 20 pts. Regardless if Spoelstra is a good coach or not, he has the largest group of talent on a team since Maurice Star assembled the greatest boy band in history. Every good coach adjusts. That's what makes the NBA playoffs so much better than a one game tournament.

DMC
06-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Pop sees the practice, sees the moods the players are in, sees how they respond to challenges and their demeanor during a time out. When he pulls someone, it's for a reason. I trust that. I'll take him over any coach in the league any day of the week win or lose.

DMC
06-15-2013, 01:44 AM
That change didn't create all the turnovers which turned into to over 20 pts. Regardless if Spoelstra is a good coach or not, he has the largest group of talent on a team since Maurice Star assembled the greatest boy band in history. Every good coach adjusts. That's what makes the NBA playoffs so much better than a one game tournament.

I get kinda tired of seeing the comments about Spo being a good coach. He's got far and away the best talent in the league. All he has to do is not fuck it up. He doesn't need to try to find a way to get blood from a turnip. He has to find a way to stay out of the way. He's not a bad coach, but Lawrence Frank could coach that team to the Finals.

therealtruth
06-15-2013, 03:22 AM
Pop didnt panic splitter wasn't up to the challenge, stupid backcourt violation 2 secs in and jumped on wades pump fake I'm sure that's the first advice he got from the coaching staff

He had chances to redeem himself but made poor decisions when he got the ball. Overall one of his worst playoff performance. Now game 5 wcf last year absolutely Pop panicked

That's why you need to give him a chance to redeem himself the next game. He's a competitor. He'll respond the next game if given a chance.

siraulo23
06-15-2013, 03:35 AM
Absolutely splitter is a great passer and he's been making good passws off pick and roll since he's been a spur, Miami d is very aggressive so your hope he can adjust and make the right plays