06-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Heat by 8

Reck
06-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Spurs by 20.

Gotta follow the trend.

Jacob1983
06-13-2013, 11:37 PM
It's hard to predict this because the Heat and Spurs have been consistent as Hell during the first 4 games of this series. The Heat have been inconsistent during the last 11 games and haven't won back to back games since back door sweeping the Bulls.

BlackSwordsMan
06-13-2013, 11:38 PM
ITS A MUST WIN. They can't win two in miami. If manu keeps playing as bad as he has and soft handed splitter doesn't do shit but be a 7 foot beacon then spurs are fucked. They need Green and Gary to break more 3 point records.

NRHector
06-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Spurs by 15 and take it in 6

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't feel as confident anymore. If Game 4 is an indication how Miami's big 3 will play the rest of the way, solid contributions from the Spurs role players wouldnt be enough. Duncan or Parker needs to show up as well otherwise Spurs are toast.

Kai
06-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Heat pull away in the 4th.

Rogue
06-14-2013, 12:58 AM
it's hard to predict who will win the game 5, like my nigga Jacob said above, it's gonna be pretty much a toss-up. But if i got as much spare money as the time i got I'd put it all on Heat for the series. The Heat won't lose any more games in Miami no matter they're gonna play one or two games there, Heat in 6 or 7

~O~
06-14-2013, 01:34 AM
The Spurs played great ok tonight. They were basically playing the three Heats players out there last night. The Heats 3 did what the Spurs wanted them to do. Shoot the ball. This time, they made the shots because they had no choice but to make the shots. The Heat would be lost if they had another horrible game from Wade Bosh and James. The Box Score looked something like...

33 points for LeBron off 25 shots
32 points for Wade off 14 shots
20 points for Bosh off 14 shots
14 points for Allen off 10 shots.

33+32+20+14 =
65+20+14=
85+14=

99...points off of four players. Unbelievable.

And on a low amount of free throw attempts. They were either given open shots or difficult contested shots to shoot but made them.

Why...would I include..Ray Allen. Ray Allen is the deciding factor when it comes to the Heat winning for me. If he scores well and continues to score well, they will win. He had a plus 19 in this game. He will in doubt the deciding factor.

Wade, James, Bosh;in that order: +5, +8, +6????

They alone scored 85 points...and they still could have lost this game..without that one key player..Ray Allen.

And Speaking of deciding factors..

Manu Ginoboli has played like he hasn't made any NBA finals appearances. I could say the same for Tony Parker. He's been decent but even he knows he should be playing much more well then he actually is. His play has been detrimental to the team. He needs an awakening and quick. -22 for him in the game by the way. He's sort of wasting minutes out there.

Also..I didn't watch the game last night and I'm guessing Neal is STILL guarding Ray Allen to no avail. I'm also guessing he's still playing minutes with Manu on the floor. Thus -15 for him tonight. However, hes playing great on offense.

He and Danny Green have continually made their shots. They played to their roles. Their defensive roles.........Eh.

Speaking of Roles, Time Duncan had a great game and played effectively.

Now lets talk about Tim Duncan's triple negation, Tiago Splitter. Can he possibly play any worse than he played tonight. The answer is NO. Will he play any better than he is expected to? Hell no. If that happens, Its not even worthy of praise because what truly worthy of praise is showing up efficiently.

Hmmm......I see Spoelstra changed the lineups....in order to pull Duncan out of the paint. Bosh as the starting center with a starting lineup with Mike Miller included. Birdman got absolutely NO BURN.

Overall, the Spurs have been very complacent in their losses. They ended with a high turnover rate. Some players want to win on the Spurs because their shooting percentages have increased but some players have gotten WORSE, as the series progressed. These players..who have gotten worse are costing the Spurs.

As for the Heat, they better continue with their superstar shooting because that will be the only way the win this series.

How do the Heat win games?

The Heat out hustle you on the boards if they're too small or tip it out for second chance points which most likely end up being a three. This thus kills some of the momentum and psychologically chips away at a team when they are playing great defense...but...great defense..always...ends with a defensive rebound.

The Heat often get fast break points of turnovers by forcing turnovers on immediate doubles teams. Ginobili should know because they used this defense on him tonight. Exposed. They also used this "last resort" defense against Roy Hibbert and Paul George. They double players who are horrible passers or would panic in the moment e.g., David West, Lance Stephenson, Roy Hibbert.

They also go to the extreme of putting LeBron on your point guard. -shrug-

erm..

On offense! The go off multiple plays....their best play being a pic and roll involving you know who and him dishing it out for many passes that lead to a three. This offense has been prevented by the Spurs..thus the play from the Heat tonight.

There are many iso's run for Wade, James, and Bosh respectably. Most of them involve post ups for another three point shot opportunity if the help bites. The side that LeBron is usually posting up is usually cleared......for the Cutting Anderson or Wade if the Defense sends help.

The Heat offense is pretty simple. Make shots or cut to the basket and LeBron or any other slasher has you on the pass if you're cutting. Unlike the Bulls, the Spurs don't take switches.

Most of all, the Heat offense seems to feed off the media. I believe that whats said by the opponent or on television motivates them to play hard. The Spurs have that reputation of not saying anything at all. The Heat can't motivate themselves off that. All of the Heats big three were called out by the media HEAVILY...in the past couple of days. Why do you think all three shot in high volumes tonight?

Killing them softly........Kawhi Leonard....is killing them softly.......I barely notice the little things he does but he does contribute beside playing defense.

Eh...post too long.....want to write more....stop writing ~O~

I don't like to predict anything. btw lol

ElNono
06-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Spurs win

Durant82
06-14-2013, 02:01 AM
Spurs will win. This series is going 7.

D-Wade
06-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Interesting post, O. Definitely agree about the Heat responding to the media. All those bench Wade articles lit a fire under him I'm sure.

AchillesHeel
06-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Spurs win.

Legacy
06-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Spurs will respond this time. They have no choice.

AASATX
06-14-2013, 03:40 AM
Spurs, I think Duncan and Parker will go all out. They have to get 2 of the 3 at home if they want to win the series.

Spurs9
06-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Spurs also had 20 turnovers last night...

Josepatches_
06-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Game 3 - best players and leading scorers ( Green , Neal) Spurs win

Game 4 - best players and leading scorers ( LeBron, Wade,Bosh) Heat win

Game 3 is hard to repeat. Our big 3 should start to play or Miami will win game 5.

Legacy
06-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Paging Timothy Duncan, Emanuel Ginobili, and Tony Parker to please practice extra, extra hard these next couple of days, and to please actually show up for game 5 @ The AT@T Center in San Antonio, TX.! Thank you... and we love you!! GSG!!! :lol

Kidd K
06-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Spurs, but only by 1-5 points in a very close game. It will only be as large as 5 because of personal takes by Miami at the end followed by a couple missed shots by Miami.

I think it'll be that close. Hoping my Spurs take it though, so I obviously have to pick them.

Ginobili cannot play as poorly as he did. If he's going to continue play that bad and sloppy, then an injured and gassed Tony Parker is a better option.

Spurs also need to do more to get Duncan involved, and hope Neal and Green can continue to stay hot. They also need to adjust their halfcourt anti-LeBron/Wade defense about half a second quicker than they did in game 4. They were just charging down the court almost every time in transition. Cannot let that continue to happen. Pop didn't make any adjustments either.

Spurs bigs (including Duncan, though he's the least guilty) need to play MUCH stronger in every aspect. The Heat aren't that big. Man up, box out, grab the boards, go up strong on shots. Splitter neeeds to be punched in the face or something. He's playing super soft.

Lastly, 20 turnovers isn't going to lead to a win. Spurs are averaging 18 turnovers and losing on the offensive glass in losses, and just 8 1/2 turnovers in wins. I'm not saying they need to just turn it over 8 times, but even an average game of around 12-13 would at least net 5 more possessions and 5 less for the Heat. Easily what could've turned the tide by itself in game 4.

Spurs can play better in so many areas than they did in game 4. That can either be a positive thought, or a negative one since they played that badly.

symple19
06-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Fucking turnovers and Manu playing like a D-league scumbag are why the Spurs lost last night (along with a classic D-Wade performance and a nice game from Lebron/Bosh)

I'll go with Spurs in a close one. Still think it's SA in 7

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Spurs pull it out. Heats big three disappear

DMC
06-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Funny game 5 facts:

ABC's Sunday, June 15 broadcast of the NBA Finals Game 5 in which the Detroit Pistons defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 100-87 to win their first NBA Championship since 1990 posted a national household rating of a 13.8/23 to rank as the No. 1 television program on Tuesday night and the highest rated Game 5 in an NBA Finals series since 1998.
The top rated markets for the five-game series are:
Detroit: 41.3
Los Angeles: 29.6
San Antonio: 20.1
Salt Lake City: 16.7
Houston: 16.3

Spur fan watching Lakers get that ass kicked... that's funny.

DMC
06-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh and there's no way the Spurs win another game with the way Tiago and Manu are sucking it up.

spurs10
06-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Spurs win.......:ihit

lefty
06-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Close game, Spurs have a 1 point lead, but in the closing seconds, LeBron (or Wade) gets 2 BS free throws