PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 10:31 PM
please show the fuck up for game 5.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Duncan had 20 points on 10 shots, he did what he could with his incompetent teammates that can't get him the ball down low..

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Duncan had 20 points on 10 shots, he did what he could with his incompetent teammates that can't get him the ball down low..

He had midgets guarding him for most of the game.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Duncan showed up tonight. This is a stupid fucking thread. Some of you can't help yourselves and just have to hit the submit button on some truly stupid takes.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2013, 10:41 PM

And? Duncan was fine tonight. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a pretty stupid basketball fan.

Texas_Ranger
06-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Tim should ask for some help from the GM, cause there are too many bigs with a vagina on this team.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2013, 10:50 PM
He scored 20 points on 10 shots:lol..

All of his turnovers were on plays where he was put in a horrible position outside of the paint against an aggressive defense..

dbreiden83080
06-13-2013, 10:51 PM
No just Manu.. Actually bench Manu...

Shabazz
06-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Keep Manu on the bench.

dorrrr
06-13-2013, 11:03 PM
timmy was our top scorer tonight.

100%duncan
06-13-2013, 11:03 PM
We can't win with just THAT. TP is injured. Manu is fucked up. We rely too much on the Three Brothers, that's actually very sad.

Timmy needs to dominate and I mean 26/12/5/3. Dominate. Some of you are delusional if you think we can win with just that when our best players injured and the supposedly 3rd best player is playing like he doesn't even deserve to be in the d-league.

I'm not even asking for Manu to score 20 points, I just need him to not play like a middle schooler.

Yes it's not Timmy's fault that the team is like that but he doesn't have a fucking choice. Carry the Spurs like you've done for your entire career TD because relying on an injured Parker and 3 ball is unlikely to work.

2 games, Tim and Manu. 2 games.

upTD
06-13-2013, 11:22 PM
We can't win with just THAT. TP is injured. Manu is fucked up. We rely too much on the Three Brothers, that's actually very sad.

Timmy needs to dominate and I mean 26/12/5/3. Dominate. Some of you are delusional if you think we can win with just that when our best players injured and the supposedly 3rd best player is playing like he doesn't even deserve to be in the d-league.

I'm not even asking for Manu to score 20 points, I just need him to not play like a middle schooler.

Yes it's not Timmy's fault that the team is like that but he doesn't have a fucking choice. Carry the Spurs like you've done for your entire career TD because relying on an injured Parker and 3 ball is unlikely to work.

so foolish what you said.

Manu is done, you couldnot on him.
Tim cannot get ball when he ask. so his points is NOT all on him.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I hope I can bump this after game 5 tbh.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 12:06 AM

And getting double teamed like he's in his prime. Dude is old and will get tired. Pounding the ball inside every time he has possession is asking for suicide.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 12:08 AM
And getting double teamed like he's in his prime. Dude is old and will get tired. Pounding the ball inside every time he has possession is asking for suicide.

That's the problem. They don't even pound it inside the post to Tim. How many possessions did they do that? Less than 5? 3?

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 12:14 AM
That's the problem. They don't even pound it inside the post to Tim. How many possessions did they do that? Less than 5? 3?

It's because it isn't working. He needs to be effective in defense too, and by that he needs not to get worn out. This is the logic behind passing the offensive burden to Tony and shooters. I hope he can pound it inside the paint every time, but he has limitation. It's part of being old. We have to accept it.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 12:16 AM
It's because it isn't working. He needs to be effective in defense too, and by that he needs not to get worn out. This is the logic behind passing the offensive burden to Tony and shooters. I hope he can pound it inside the paint every time, but he has limitation. It's part of being old. We have to accept it.

Really? It isn't working? How can you tell when at the times Tim did post up, he scored.

And for "the getting doubled" part, Timmy getting doubled could only help the Spurs tbh.

freetiago
06-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Tim's hands were uncharacteristically bad tonight
simple plays like Splitter tipping the ball to him turned into fastbreak points for Miami
his rim defense was also way too slow tonight
offered no help and got torched on the perimeter

he hasnt played a complete game this series yet and he should no excuses
after going through Dwight/Bogut/Gasol you would think he could put up better numbers then he did going vs them

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Really? It isn't working? How can you tell when at the times Tim did post up, he scored.

And for "the getting doubled" part, Timmy getting doubled could only help the Spurs tbh.

It worked a bit, but not as effective as a coach wants it to be.

Could help? Have you seen those TO's because of the doubles? Pop should make adjustments in spacing, because as far as I know, Tim is a great passer, but he can't do it in Game 4 because of those doubles.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 12:25 AM
It worked a bit, but not as effective as a coach wants it to be.

Could help? Have you seen those TO's because of the doubles? Pop should make adjustments in spacing, because as far as I know, Tim is a great passer, but he can't do it in Game 4 because of those doubles.

Are you kidding? Anyone who thinks getting doubled is a bad thing is an idiot. That's the gameplan of teams who have a legit big. Pound it to that big let him have his ways so when the opponents start doubling him, a man will be open from 3.

And Tim had 3 turnovers. 1 or 2 coming from a bad pass. It's not because he's getting doubled that he turned it over 3 times.

Sure let Tim shoot contested 18 footers all the time than feeding him in the post. It will be more effective. :rolleyes

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Are you kidding? Anyone who thinks getting doubled is a bad thing is an idiot. That's the gameplan of teams who have a legit big. Pound it to that big let him have his ways so when the opponents start doubling him, a man will be open from 3.

And Tim had 3 turnovers. 1 or 2 coming from a bad pass. It's not because he's getting doubled that he turned it over 3 times.

Sure let Tim shoot contested 18 footers all the time than feeding him in the post. It will be more effective. :rolleyes

I know what you want...

1. Give Tim the ball, get doubled, find open team and shoot an open shot.
2. Give Tim the ball, pound it inside and abuse Miami's big.

Tim Duncan is 37 years old, anchoring the Spurs defense against, arguably the best team in the league. He can do that, but does he have the energy he had when he was in his prime? He will be worn out by doing that multiple times. Again, this is the reason why TP9 is our #1 offensive threat. Please, accept the fact that Tim is old. It's 2013 not 2003.

Also, If you can watch the replay. Whenever he has the ball in the post. See how the Miami made the adjustment of not just double teaming him, but also playing the passing lane. Corner 3 has been shut down, pass back to TP or Manu is almost impossible. Only thing he could do is a cross court pass to the wing, which is what Miami wants because they can easily go for a steal.

I know what you feel and want, pare. we can try what you want, but we have to be realistic. Wish us luck in game 5.

LakerLanny
06-14-2013, 12:57 AM
They need better play from Duncan and Ginobili for sure, but a bigger issue is Tiago Splitter getting consistently blocked, stripped and generally punked by guards when he goes up with the ball.

If you can't finish one foot from the basket, then just kick the ball out. His stretch of four or five plays in a short time getting owned turned the game. Locate your balls Tiago.

Kuestmaster
06-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Duncan was fine. The problem was with the ballhandlers. They didn't give him the ball enough and with good enough situations

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Duncan was fine. The problem was with the ballhandlers. They didn't give him the ball enough and with good enough situations

Yes and we can't win with Duncan playing just "fine" especially with an injured Parker.

hommeaetage
06-14-2013, 04:49 AM
I know Duncan is 37, but he just went through Dwight, Bogut, Gasol and Randolph. I refuse to accept even a 50 year old Timmy getting outworked by Bosh.

BillMc
06-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Duncan was OK. But we need more on the boards from him and Leonard.

dunkman
06-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Tim had 3 TO for 20 points, that's only 1 TO too much. Not a great game from him, but not a bad one either.

2centsworth
06-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Besides the flopping, I thought Tim was decent. He needs to stay ultra aggressive.

Gagnrath
06-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Tim didn't have a great game but he had a good one especially by 37y/o in the NBA standards..... The issues were, a bunch of bad passes and shots by Manu, (I can think of at least 2 times this past game when he threw a barely catchable pass to someone and they had to pretty much trap themselves in the corner to catch it,) as well as his turnovers and some silly shots. Splitter bringing nothing on offense an no rebounding... Diaw who is 3 inches shorter, and not 100% physically in 3 fewer minutes got as many rebounds, was as effective on defense, and 5 more points as a passive player, oh and Diaw is a better passer and can handle the ball in case of mid-court traps.....

Splitter isn't capable of bringing any Nasty it seems, lets try something different. Neal wasn't great but wasn't bad either he went with the team when things started running away from the spurs but I have little blame for him there, he is part of the issues last game but a small part.

DarrinS
06-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Duncan showed up tonight. This is a stupid fucking thread. Some of you can't help yourselves and just have to hit the submit button on some truly stupid takes.

This

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 09:51 AM

MannyIsGod HarlemHeat37 DarrinS :rolleyes

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2013, 09:53 AM
I know what you want...

Tim Duncan is 37 years old, anchoring the Spurs defense against, arguably the best team in the league. He can do that, but does he have the energy he had when he was in his prime? He will be worn out by doing that multiple times. Again, this is the reason why TP9 is our #1 offensive threat. Please, accept the fact that Tim is old. It's 2013 not 2003.

Also, If you can watch the replay. Whenever he has the ball in the post. See how the Miami made the adjustment of not just double teaming him, but also playing the passing lane. Corner 3 has been shut down, pass back to TP or Manu is almost impossible. Only thing he could do is a cross court pass to the wing, which is what Miami wants because they can easily go for a steal.

I know what you feel and want, pare. we can try what you want, but we have to be realistic. Wish us luck in game 5.
LMAO man fuck those jumpers that Timmy takes. Tim Duncan NEEDS to work in the post. He needs to abuse those midgets.

Granted that the Heat are fronting and doubling Tim Duncan without the ball just like they did with Roy Hibbert and David West but still. Duncan needs to tell Pop and the whole team that he is willing to turn back the clock and be the man. Timmy is our franchise player and the main reason why the Spurs have 4 championships. Why not try to do it for two more games?

Parker kept his word and got him to the NBA finals. The time is NOW for TD to take over and lead us to the promise land. Tim needs to demand the ball. His teammates need to pass the ball around to get the ball into the hands of Tim Duncan. When a team is fronting the big guy, the best way to counter that is through ball movement.

Time for Tim Duncan to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JYc5z0ae2kI know that Timmy is 37. These are also his last NBA finals before he hangs it up. Spurs need to win game 5. Period.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Splitter is the biggest problem, not Manu and not at all Duncan. Splitter plays like a god damn robot. Never improvises and just forces everything he's done before, thinking it'll work against Miami.

DarrinS
06-14-2013, 10:13 AM
MannyIsGod HarlemHeat37 DarrinS :rolleyes

Tim scored 20 pts, Tony 15, Manu 5.

LBJ/wade/bosh scored 85 pts.

So, even if Tim had a monster game, we weren't winning this game.

cutewizard
06-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I know what you want...

If you are the Coach, how would you adjust in games five and six?

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 05:41 PM

That's bullshit, you know that. So if they established Tim early they still wouldn't have a chance? It's basketball, it's not just about the stats, it's what happened during the game itself. If for example Tim had early points in the post, wouldn't it have opened up for our shooters? Or the defense will be directed to him more giving Tony more space?

You have been watching ball for a long time, stats don't tell it all.

ironman2886
06-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Tim wasn't the reason for the loss, but he needs to be more assertive. Tony needs to show up the whole game, and Manu is just terrible. He needs to be aggressive.

rmt
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
If Pop starts Diaw to counter MIA's small-ball, that should help with getting the ball in the post to Duncan. Establish TD in the post early and if they double team, some shooter should be open. Spurs need to be crisp with their passing. That's part of the problem of playing so much Leonard, Green and Neal - none of them are particularly good at passing. That said, I don't see any reason why Leonard and Green shouldn't play 40 minutes. For God's sake, they're only 21 and 25.

1. LIMIT TURNOVERS.
2. Rebounding - TD or Leonard on the court at all times.
3. Play Diaw more than 11 mins. - it'll help with the fronting of Duncan
4. Manu and Splitter need to get with the program.
5. Bigs - pump fake.
6. Stage is too big for Joseph. Try Neal and Manu (together) at PG.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 11:31 PM
If you are the Coach, how would you adjust in games five and six?

I'd look dumb if I give an advice or two. But, I'd still make a few suggestion...

1. I'd start with the rotation. Splitter not being effective in 4 games, means bring Boris back to the starting line up. This is not panicking, It's an adjustment like what Spoelstra did. Lesser Joseph too.

2. I'd also switch back to the defensive scheme they were doing to LeBron. Kawhi/Danny fronting him, while protecting the weak side lane then other players near the strong side giving a bit of help so LeBron would just pass up because he can't drive in to the lane. (Really depends if LBJ gets hot, shooting those jumpers again or if Miami with great spacing again).

3. Instead of subbing Neal first, go for Manu early so he can play more with Tony. This way, he can be a scorer than a playmaker. Come 2nd qtr, with Tiago, Neal and Danny/Kawhi, he can be a facilitator.

Too many things running in my mind, but those are the top 3 adjustments I'd make.

Sean Cagney
06-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Duncan can play a little better I agree, he was not bad though. Manu just needs to show up these finals and thats PERIOD end of story.

DMC
06-15-2013, 12:09 AM

You mean like that take that Parker was faking his injury to fool the Heat... I forget who said that.

DMC
06-15-2013, 12:14 AM

Not true.

We were only down 5 or so midway through the 4th. If Tim had a "monster game" we'd be up 10 since he'd have probably 35 points instead of 20, and he'd have more rebounds, blocks and fewer turnovers... unless your definition for "monster game" is different than mine.

DMC
06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Tim's hands were uncharacteristically bad tonight
simple plays like Splitter tipping the ball to him turned into fastbreak points for Miami
his rim defense was also way too slow tonight
offered no help and got torched on the perimeter

he hasnt played a complete game this series yet and he should no excuses
after going through Dwight/Bogut/Gasol you would think he could put up better numbers then he did going vs them

Tim is preoccupied mentally, and it's understandable given his personal situation. You can see this when he catches the ball and just stands there for a couple seconds like he's in a daze. Then he gets stripped. You can see it in his face all the time in fact. You can also see in Tony's face that he knows neither Tim nor Manu are up to snuff. That's 66% of the big 3. They are now the big 1.5 since Tim is at half speed and Manu is absent.

What I saw last game was more standing around on both ends, late or no help, no movement without the ball... almost like it's not really the Finals.

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Props to dat nigga DMC for backing me up on this one.

100%duncan
06-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Manu Ginobili, welcome back.