PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat.

midnightpulp
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
When Wade and James (and Bosh to a lesser extent) are on like that, there's not much you can do. The Spurs didn't even play a particularly bad game aside from the turnovers (keep in mind forcing TOs is the Heat's greatest strength) and Manu sucking, so rather than meltdown and shit on the Spurs, I'd rather tip my hat to the Heat for shifting into that gear we all knew they had.

That said, I still think this series is up in the air. Wade's knee didn't miraculously heal, so it's unlikely he repeats Jordan mode again, but if he does, the Heat are unbeatable.

Robz4000
06-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Wade's done cruising, Bosh's balls dropped, Spurs are fucked, etc.

whitemamba
06-13-2013, 10:44 PM
heat played some great D today, they were everywhere.

Bill_Brasky
06-13-2013, 11:04 PM
D Wade turned into flash and took over the game. If he's gonna play like that we gotta find a counter.

LkrFan
06-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Nah mid. Besides the subtle help by refs :rolleyes, the cHeat didn't play that good to me. They took advantage of favorable road cooking. Watching this game looked like they were in American Airlines Arena. It was clearly apparent who Stern wanted to win this one.

For the Spurs' part, Tiagio Shitter and Beak single-handedly lost this game. This loss is on Pop for playing these inept jackasses that many minutes. I had 2008 NBA Finals Paussy flashbacks watching Tiagio out there. He sucks major ass. I would have rather seen Blair out there than Shitter. He couldn't be worst. And Beak is running around with a fork in his back. Fuck him.

Phillip
06-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Nah mid. Besides the subtle help by refs :rolleyes, the cHeat didn't play that good to me. They took advantage of favorable road cooking. Watching this game looked like they were in American Airlines Arena. It was clearly apparent who Stern wanted to win this one.

rofl is this a joke?

Bane.
06-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Thread viewing!

Legacy
06-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Their Big 3 showed up, ours didn't. Turnover city, and we can't keep relying on the damn role players. Agreed with your post, Mid. Hats off to The Heat. :tu

fevertrees
06-14-2013, 03:29 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/smilies/bow.gif

Legacy
06-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Still, Spurs in 6 or 7 ... :p:

Reck
06-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Wade's done cruising, Bosh's balls dropped, Spurs are fucked, etc.

You have bad opinions.

Not even T2Zo buys into the cruising shit and he's the originator. As a fact, when "heat" fan say that they're mainly trolling. You cant be this gullible. I hope you're just attempting to troll.

spurraider21
06-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Much like how the Heat didn't stand much of a chance in game 3, the Spurs didn't have much of a chance in game 4. When their entire big 3 is clicking (especially D-Wade. Where did THAT come from?) they're probably going to win that game. Still, as has been said, the game was still well within reach for the good guys and you could point at 20 turnovers as a fixable problem. Bron and Wade got their fair share of points during those fastbreaks, taking advantage of 1 on 1 fastbreaks and even 1 on 2 fastbreaks (Wade's step through + slam was incredible tbh). If you realize that reducing turnovers takes away those easy buckets and may or may not lead to buckets for us, this game could has easily swung the other way despite their big 3 playing at their best, its mildly encouraging.

Still, as mid said, hats off to the Heat. They did what they wanted to do, and looked pretty damn impressive doing so. Still, series is far from over. If the Spurs win game 5 I'd give them a 55-60% chance of winning the series, and if the Heat won game 5 I'd give them a 75-80% chance of winning it all.

I just pray Manu has one more vintage performance like game 5 against OKC left in him

Legacy
06-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Manu needs to stop chucking away at this series!!!! RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! ... And I am the BIGGEST Manu Supporter like EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Even when he fucks up time and time again!!!! There, I said it!!!!!!!! You better make it up to us, Manu Ginobili!!!!!!!! ... Do you hear what I'm sayin', brother!!!!???

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/f8e664141230f2cd8049666cec544596/4128%20-%20hulk_hogan%20microphone%20saturday_night's_main _event%20wwf.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=KZfcfgjov1ZDVM&tbnid=fFbAzUnOTce5kM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatistheexcel.com%2Fwooobooru%2F post%2Fview%2F4128&ei=ceG6Ucm_Eony9gSuyoDIAQ&bvm=bv.47883778,d.eWU&psig=AFQjCNG7e1G2SruSH1UpMFMGExvPdnmU_Q&ust=1371288129706019)

midnightpulp
06-14-2013, 04:37 AM
Much like how the Heat didn't stand much of a chance in game 3, the Spurs didn't have much of a chance in game 4. When their entire big 3 is clicking (especially D-Wade. Where did THAT come from?) they're probably going to win that game. Still, as has been said, the game was still well within reach for the good guys and you could point at 20 turnovers as a fixable problem. Bron and Wade got their fair share of points during those fastbreaks, taking advantage of 1 on 1 fastbreaks and even 1 on 2 fastbreaks (Wade's step through + slam was incredible tbh). If you realize that reducing turnovers takes away those easy buckets and may or may not lead to buckets for us, this game could has easily swung the other way despite their big 3 playing at their best, its mildly encouraging.

Still, as mid said, hats off to the Heat. They did what they wanted to do, and looked pretty damn impressive doing so. Still, series is far from over. If the Spurs win game 5 I'd give them a 55-60% chance of winning the series, and if the Heat won game 5 I'd give them a 75-80% chance of winning it all.

I just pray Manu has one more vintage performance like game 5 against OKC left in him

The discouraging thing is that is the Heat's defensive specialty. From a fan's point-of-view watching on TV or in the arena, it probably looks like the Spurs are being careless with the ball, but when you're on the court facing their swarming pressure defense, length, and speed, it's a different story. Like I said in another thread, the Spurs practically have to gamplan for the fact they're going to turn the ball over 10+ times and go from there.

The key to neutralizing the extra possessions they get from those TOs is to beat them up on the offensive glass, like in game 3, which Spoelstra countered by going small, forcing the Spurs to take an additional big off the floor. Not helping matters is Splitter can't rebound worth a shit.

But if Wade is resurrected, there's no adjustment the Spurs can make. The Heat are on whole different level when he's in form.

Rogue
06-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Spurs allowed superfriends to score almost as many points as the entire Spurs team scored last night, which was downright miserable tbh. Spurs didn't seem to have any solution to any of them. Their role players still got their jobs done but the key players (especially manu) looked cadaverous through the entire 2nd half. Parker was supposed to be the primary score of this team yet he laid a goose egg for the 2nd half, while manu extended his shitty form to the full game. I don't see any chance for them to survive two games in Miami even if they manage to win game 5 somehow, Miami in 6 or 7 imho

Spurs9
06-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Heat beasted, I was waiting for them to finally show up.

Robz4000
06-14-2013, 10:15 AM
You have bad opinions.

Not even T2Zo buys into the cruising shit and he's the originator. As a fact, when "heat" fan say that they're mainly trolling. You cant be this gullible. I hope you're just attempting to troll.

The sarcasm wasn't apparent enough I guess.

HeatChamps
06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
When the Heat play like this, no one beats them. They are in control of their destiny.

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2013, 12:11 PM
LeBron James is a great player. Had a great night rebounding and had a couple of good putbacks too. Momentum killers for sure.

However, scoring wise, i think at least ten of his points came against the Spurs' garbage unit on wide open jumpers. The real nigga that took this game over and gave the Spurs headaches all night was Flash. Dude is so fuckin smooth. Dropped a few great dimes in traffic. The Heat's biggest run of the night came with a Flash+bench unit and LeBron on the bench.

Phillip
06-14-2013, 12:16 PM
LeBron James is a great player. Had a great night rebounding and had a couple of good putbacks too. Momentum killers for sure.

However, scoring wise, i think at least ten of his points came against the Spurs' garbage unit on wide open jumpers. The real nigga that took this game over and gave the Spurs headaches all night was Flash. Dude is so fuckin smooth. Dropped a few great dimes in traffic. The Heat's biggest run of the night came with a Flash+bench unit and LeBron on the bench.

Lebron had 26 around the time the game was out of reach. At that point, he was just dribbling the shot clock out and launching shots, and they were falling. But he still scored well and shot over 50% even before those buckets. Lebron had a very nice game all around.

But Wade was most definitely the difference maker. He complimented Lebron perfectly, much like Pippen used to do for MJ.

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Lebron had 26 around the time the game was out of reach. At that point, he was just dribbling the shot clock out and launching shots, and they were falling. But he still scored well and shot over 50% even before those buckets. Lebron had a very nice game all around.

But Wade was most definitely the difference maker. He complimented Lebron perfectly, much like Pippen used to do for MJ.

Yep, it was almost like a bizarro world MJ/Pippen game. Wade ran the offense while LeBron did all the dirty work and gave us headaches in other areas.

Also, Wade's "aggressive" face >>>>>>> Kobe's slackjaw

Phillip
06-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Also, Wade's "aggressive" face >>>>>>> Kobe's slackjaw

agreed lol

D-Wade
06-14-2013, 01:57 PM
agreed lol

Kob tries a bit too hard with his tbh...

Jacob1983
06-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Lebron and Wade are punks but they played great. Lebron had one of the biggest games in the Finals of his career. Gotta give props to Lebron and Wade. They stepped up big in the biggest game of the season for them.

mercos
06-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Great games from James and Wade, but the Spurs could have won if not for turnovers. According to Coach Nick's analysis, only 7 of the 19 were forced by Miami. The Spurs can't seem to play two sharp games in a row. Neither can Miami it seems. The stat to watch for is turnovers. I think the Spurs win any game where they stay under 12 turnovers.

Ace
06-14-2013, 04:00 PM
As a big Wade fan, it was awesome to see a classic Wade performance like that. He closed the game and gave the Heat a shot when it needed one. LeBron grew a pair and played as he guaranteed, which was also nice. Most importantly Bosh playing big is what a team with weak frontline needed.

With that being said, Spurs fans shouldn't worry too much because its doubtful Wade can do that again as much as I hate saying that, it's just the honest truth. Pop will obviously adjust and the series can still go either way. Game 5 should be a close and exciting one.

Phillip
06-14-2013, 05:41 PM
The problem for the Spurs is going to be Splitter. He hasn't shown an ability to consistently make people pay for going small. It's not hard to gameplan for him defensively. Miller may not be some great defender, but Miami's defense is more based on quick help and rotations, as opposed to strong individual defenders. On the other hand, you can't have Splitter or Duncan out on the perimeter trying to guard Miller or Lebron.

As for Wade... he doesn't have to shoot his jumper quite as well as he did. All he needs to do is continue being aggressive. Instead of dribbling around and not attacking the paint for 20 seconds, then passing it out, he needs to keep driving into the paint and play with energy, even if his shot isn't falling. Good things will happen. See Bosh in game 7 against Indy. He didn't shoot a high percentage, but his aggression completely changed how that game went, put a lot more pressure on the Indy bigs, and that opened things up for everyone else.

I see adjustments coming by San Antonio, but I see a close game that Miami pulls away late for an 8-12 point win.

Rogue
06-14-2013, 08:29 PM
if the Spurs got a hardcore defensive big in the paint I would take them over the Heat anyday. Heat usually strugge against teams who have elite bigs, especially those who play monster D like the 11' big daddy Tyson. I'd rather have someone like the 05' Nestrovic or David Anderson instead of Splitter if possible.

3-point shooting has never been a strength for either Bron or Wade, so the best defensive strategy on them might just be condensing the paint and preventing them from getting close to the rim, which worked out good for spurs in game 1 and 3 but you can't continue to use it when they start to use Miller as a regular, despite that dude spent most time sitting on the bench through the eastern playoffs. the Heat could've beaten Inddy in 5 had they got miller more involved imho, or they were just planning to use him as a secret weapon against the spurs?

HeatChamps
06-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Sometimes you gotta grab your knob.

ElNono
06-15-2013, 01:22 AM
While moral victories don't count for shit, I'm fairly happy this team of dirt bags took two games from the champs, and made it a 3 game series, tbh... when you consider people were wondering if the Heat were going to even lose a game in these playoffs, that's realistically pretty good right there.