PDA

View Full Version : 0 Points for Tony Parker in the Second Half

superjames1992
06-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Not sure if his hamstrings started to bother him or what, tbh. :(

chrhawk
06-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I thought Parker was fine. Problem was that Ginobili and Splitter gave them absolutely nothing.

superjames1992
06-13-2013, 11:06 PM
I thought Parker was fine. Problem was that Ginobili and Splitter gave them absolutely nothing.
I'm not blaming the loss on him or anything, but he started off so well and then just disappeared. I have to think that his hamstrings tightened up and killed his game, tbh.

DMX7
06-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Hard to tell tbh.

TampaDude
06-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm not blaming the loss on him or anything, but he started off so well and then just disappeared. I have to think that his hamstrings tightened up and killed his game, tbh.

I think it was more like the Miami defense tightened up.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2013, 11:11 PM
The same I said in the stupid thread created as a petition for Manu to retire. You can't put this on Parker the same way you can't on any one single player. BB is a team sport. Parker was ok and maybe he was tired or was just checking himself a little bit in the 2nd half.

To me the main reason why the Spurs lost was that they refs got in their heads early after they were 10 pts up and never recovered mentally. If you know the refs are going to be very inconsistent then you need to make up your mind and play through it. The Spurs had a mental breakdown they couldn't recover from.

BatManu20
06-13-2013, 11:13 PM
2 things:

1) He only played about one quarter total in the 2nd half

2) Miami tightened up their D on him big time. They stayed on our shooters and tried to make them scorers, which they're clearly not. Great coaching adjustment by Spoelstra tbh.