PDA

View Full Version : What shooting guard should the Spurs draft with their 1st pick?

Shabazz
06-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Since Manu is clearly done, who would you like to see the Spurs draft?

Master splitter
06-13-2013, 11:06 PM
My first pick would be glen rice jr, Tony snell, or do a trade..green,bonner, and bertans for tyreke Evans.

SpursDynasty21
06-13-2013, 11:07 PM
No way should the Spurs trade Green. He's a part of their future, in my opinion.

Shabazz
06-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Originally I thought Reggie Bullock would end up a Spur. He's pretty much a better version of Green in every area except shotblocking. More consistent 3pt shooter, better lateral quickness, probably a better man on man defender. 6'7" shooting guard who can guard both wing positions.

But he killed it at the combine. He's done great in his workouts. As a result, he keeps climbing all the mock drafts and keeps getting workouts from teams with earlier draft spots. At this point it would take a miracle for him to still be on the board when the Spurs pick.

Birn
06-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Alex Abrines, SG Spain

cjw
06-13-2013, 11:25 PM
My first pick would be glen rice jr, Tony snell, or do a trade..green,bonner, and bertans for tyreke Evans.

Green at under $4 million a year is one of the best non-rookie contracts in basketball. Hard to deal him right now. He makes less than friggen Steve Novak.

If they want to, Spurs will be far enough under the cap to sign Evans to an offer sheet (Kings undoubtedly match it)

Dverde
06-13-2013, 11:26 PM
We need to spend a good chunk of our capspace on a new six man in free agency.

eDizzle20
06-13-2013, 11:51 PM
To me they need someone that can handle the ball and run pick n roll. I would go with Erick Green since they could use guy that can create offense. They miss that desperately when Parker is not on the floor.

Shabazz
06-14-2013, 12:13 PM
To me they need someone that can handle the ball and run pick n roll. I would go with Erick Green since they could use guy that can create offense. They miss that desperately when Parker is not on the floor.

Good call. I watched a lot of Green as an ACC fan. He did everything for the Hokies.

dallasmaverickslose
06-14-2013, 12:19 PM
You're a dumbass if you think we should trade green

sjacquemotte
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
No way should the Spurs trade Green. He's a part of their future, in my opinion.
I agree. They'll have to pay him a little though

BatManu20
06-14-2013, 01:10 PM
This kid or Reggie Bullock

http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/archie-goodwin-dunk-3_4_r560.jpg

r34DMqulMXY

Solid D
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
It will probably be some Center/PF from Cameroon that RC temporarily fostered when he was there 8 years ago.

Solid D
06-14-2013, 01:36 PM
tim probably needs to call it quits also and if we dont win u can make an argument that we cant win it all if tony parker is our best player. so we need to do something and something big this summer. chris paul anyone?

Yesterday afternoon, Tony Parker was the "Best PG in the NBA".

spurraider21
06-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Iguodala opted out of his contract :downspin:

pair him with Kawhi... :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

King
06-14-2013, 01:57 PM
tim probably needs to call it quits also and if we dont win u can make an argument that we cant win it all if tony parker is our best player. so we need to do something and something big this summer. chris paul anyone?

Because Chris Paul lead teams have had so much success with him being their best player, right?

johnnySpurs
06-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Some obscure kid somewhere over in Europe who probably will never step foot on an NBA court.

BatManu20
06-14-2013, 02:00 PM

If/when Tim retires after this season we won't re-sign Manu's corpse and we'll trade Tony to a contender instead of letting him rot away on a .500 ball club.

Mal
06-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Adetoukobo, Snell or Franklin. I`d love to see Leonard, Leonard twin brother duo along with Green, Parker.

Try move up to Atlanta`s pick with Neal,Joseph as a bite, cause Danny Ferry wont bring 4 rookies to his team and probably would want some Spurs products to his Spurs` like new team. Or to some mid round team with Bonner cap friendly deal. It would be wise thing to do, since team deph need rebuild and athletism.