PDA

View Full Version : Necessary rotation changes

TD 21
06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
I didn't like Pop's defeatist attitude of coalescing 47 seconds into the game, but now that he predictably did and since one of the softest playoff runs in the history of the league continues from Splitter, it's time to change things up . . .

- Splitter, as I alluded to, is not for this series. He's not nearly a good enough rebounder to punish them on the glass, he's not nearly enough of a post up threat to punish them on the block, he's not punishing them on the roll, obviously is a non shooter and though in theory he's an ideal Bosh defender, now that they're playing with one big, Duncan has to defend him.

- That being said, in theory, he's their fifth best player and they need a backup center to at least somewhat contend with their assaults on the rim, so by default he should remain as Duncan's backup.

- Ginobili should replace him in the starting lineup. Again, for no other reason than by default.

- Joseph is also not for this series. The level of play is just too advanced for him and he serves no purpose out there. There is no offensive threat at the point for the Heat and Pop refuses to use him on Allen. Offensively, he's a non threat. Other than end of quarter defensive stands, every non blowout second he plays is a waste.

- Between Diaw/Bonner, flip a coin. Since Diaw actually played with some intensity tonight, he should be given first crack, but if he shows nothing in his initial stint, then Bonner should play in the second half. Neither should play much, though.

- Finally, Leonard, Green, Duncan and Parker, all need to be pushed to their max, as far as minutes are concerned. Leonard, in particular. Barring foul trouble, there is no reason why he can't match minutes with James, who has far more mileage and responsibility.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Pretty much agree with everything, although I think Diaw should play more regardless, tbh..

It's game 5 of the Finals..minute limitations should no longer be an issue..

SpurSpurSpurs
06-13-2013, 11:54 PM
People calls Splitter a pussy. 1 reason behind it: clogged paint. Splitter is soft, but he is a good finisher. However, Miami's defense is the reason why Splitter sucks.

As for Joseph, I call him "filler" in this series.

Baam
06-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Boris on Lebron since he can't be pushed in the post and KY on Wade the true leader please.

TD 21
06-13-2013, 11:59 PM
With Diaw, the only way he should play more is if Ginobili is so unspeakably awful in his initial stint, that he takes some of his minutes. They can't afford to give him any of Parker's, Leonard's, Green's or Neal's minutes.

Diaw on James in the post would be great . . . except for the fact that James isn't stupid enough to bother posting him up, not when he knows he can damn near walk by him off the dribble.

That's exactly what Joseph is: filler. Every player they play, for every second they play, has to be able to give them something of value. I like the guy, but he has minimal talent and even less experience and has no business playing, other than the two instances I alluded to.

apalisoc_9
- Ginobili should replace him in the starting lineup. Again, for no other reason than by default.

Agree. How do you manage your minutes from their on though?

- Between Diaw/Bonner, flip a coin. Since Diaw actually played with some intensity tonight, he should be given first crack, but if he shows nothing in his initial stint, then Bonner should play in the second half. Neither should play much, though.

I disagree with it being a coin flip. Timmy needs to get going and IMO, a passer like diaw would give that opportunity to timmy when he is fronting and diaw is used as the screen man.

Finally, Leonard, Green, Duncan and Parker, all need to be pushed to their max, as far as minutes are concerned. Leonard, in particular. Barring foul trouble, there is no reason why he can't match minutes with James, who has far more mileage and responsibility.

I really hate the fact that Pop takes out Leonard and Parker after a five or six minute stretch, it kills their offensive rythem.

apalisoc_9

I disagree with it being a coin flip. Timmy needs to get going and IMO, a passer like diaw would give that opportunity to timmy when he is fronting and diaw is used as the screen man.

Finally, Leonard, Green, Duncan and Parker, all need to be pushed to their max, as far as minutes are concerned. Leonard, in particular. Barring foul trouble, there is no reason why he can't match minutes with James, who has far more mileage and responsibility.

I really hate the fact that Pop takes out Leonard and Parker after a five or six minute stretch, it kills their offensive rythem.

TD 21
06-14-2013, 12:12 AM

6 minute mark, 1st quarter: Neal in, Ginobili out.

4 minute mark, 1st quarter: Diaw in, Green out.

2 minute mark, 1st quarter: Ginobili, Splitter in, Parker, Duncan out.

11 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Green in, Leonard out.

10 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Parker in, Neal out.

9 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Duncan in, Splitter out.

8 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Leonard in, Diaw out.

7 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Neal in, Ginobili out.

3 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Ginobili in, Neal out.*

* This should only occur if Ginobili show a pulse.

2nd half, I'd mostly do the same thing, only I'd bring Parker, Duncan and Green back a minute earlier and I'd have Leonard play every second James does (barring foul trouble, of course).

m33p0
06-14-2013, 12:17 AM
- Finally, Leonard, Green, Duncan and Parker, all need to be pushed to their max, as far as minutes are concerned. Leonard, in particular. Barring foul trouble, there is no reason why he can't match minutes with James, who has far more mileage and responsibility.
:tu

deibero
06-14-2013, 12:40 AM
6 minute mark, 1st quarter: Neal in, Ginobili out.

4 minute mark, 1st quarter: Diaw in, Green out.

2 minute mark, 1st quarter: Ginobili, Splitter in, Parker, Duncan out.

11 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Green in, Leonard out.

10 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Parker in, Neal out.

9 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Duncan in, Splitter out.

8 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Leonard in, Diaw out.

7 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Neal in, Ginobili out.

3 minute mark, 2nd quarter: Ginobili in, Neal out.*

* This should only occur if Ginobili show a pulse.

2nd half, I'd mostly do the same thing, only I'd bring Parker, Duncan and Green back a minute earlier and I'd have Leonard play every second James does (barring foul trouble, of course).

So duncan should play 43mins?

Budkin
06-14-2013, 12:42 AM

Could not agree more... this is the fucking Finals are you're 2 wins away from the title.

Rapper
06-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Starting line up for game 5 : TD,TP,Green,Kawi,Diaw, play T-Mac and Blair instead of Manu and Tigao

TD 21
06-14-2013, 12:48 AM
So duncan should play 43mins?

I take it math isn't one of your strengths?

If he sits for 5 first half minutes and 4 second half minutes and the game is 48 minutes long (barring overtime, of course), then that would mean he'd end up playing 39 minutes.

Look, this is all roughly speaking. Obviously, you've got to manage the game. But as long as it's relatively equal throughout, the players perform to about what we've become accustomed to and foul trouble doesn't occur, then this should be the rotation.

It's funny though. All the talk about "putting something in the bank for later" and how this will pay off down the line and yet, here we are, at the exact point caution should be thrown to the wind and he's still fucking around, only to a lesser extent. Leonard, who was never in foul trouble tonight, would have played 37 minutes (Duncan too) had the game been competitive until the end. Parker would have played 36. Is it about trying to win or trying to see what you can get away with?

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2013, 12:49 AM
T-Mac should get some minutes for Tiago, going small is okay if you have people that can pass the ball..

admiralsnackbar
06-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Starting line up for game 5 : TD,TP,Green,Kawi,Diaw, play T-Mac and Blair instead of Manu and Tigao

Sarcastic golf clap.

timvp
06-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I mean theoretically I'd want Pop to try to force the Heat to adjust to Duncan/Splitter -- but it's just not going to happen. Mike Miller can defend Splitter in the post without a problem. Splitter can't rebound over anyone right now -- for some unknown reason. And now with Wade back at the top of his game, you can't ignite him in Game 5 by putting Splitter on him to start the game. So, yeah, Splitter has to come off the bench.

Who do you start?

-Diaw makes some sense because he allows you to stay relatively big while his mobility should allow him to not get killed against Wade. (Maybe you can start Diaw on Miller and see if he can hang all the way out there.)

-Neal makes some sense and would make the matchups natural.

-But I think I'm with the idea that it should be Ginobili. Usually I'd be worried about putting Ginobili in the starting lineup because it'd take away the spark from the bench -- but Manu can't spark the bench against the Heat. They're traps are murdering him. Play him in the starting lineup and see if he can succeed being a finisher rather than a creator.

If you start Ginobili then you just have to hope Neal has a big game as the bench scorer -- which isn't out of the question.

Splitter backs up TD.

With Ginobili unable to create, I think Diaw is a better answer since he can create more than Bonner.

Two good things about Game 5: 1) the two day break should allow Pop to go all out minutes-wise 2) the Spurs might be able to catch the Heat off guard depending on which way they go with their adjustments

deibero
06-14-2013, 01:07 AM
I take it math isn't one of your strengths?

If he sits for 5 first half minutes and 4 second half minutes and the game is 48 minutes long (barring overtime, of course), then that would mean he'd end up playing 39 minutes.

Look, this is all roughly speaking. Obviously, you've got to manage the game. But as long as it's relatively equal throughout, the players perform to about what we've become accustomed to and foul trouble doesn't occur, then this should be the rotation.

It's funny though. All the talk about "putting something in the bank for later" and how this will pay off down the line and yet, here we are, at the exact point caution should be thrown to the wind and he's still fucking around, only to a lesser extent. Leonard, who was never in foul trouble tonight, would have played 37 minutes (Duncan too) had the game been competitive until the end. Parker would have played 36. Is it about trying to win or trying to see what you can get away with?

Actually its my strenght but read it on the iphone, must have seen something wrong

TD 21
06-14-2013, 01:08 AM
First benefactor offers a truce, now timvp agrees with me . . . what's next, Bruno agreeing with me?

Diaw on Wade would be a terrible idea. Who knows whether Wade can come close to repeating that, but now that he's shown that he still can get to that level, why increase the chance of it happening again? The match-ups should be as follows: Parker on Chalmers, Green on Wade, Ginobili on Miller, Leonard on James, Duncan on Bosh.

Good point about Diaw's play making coming in handy if Ginobili starts. Although, at least one of Parker or Ginobili should be in at all times anyway, but still. I think the message was sent with him being benched in game 3, so I'd lean towards him playing with a reasonable amount of aggression/intensity from here on out, though you never quite know with him.

Mr Bones
06-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Kawhi has had a great showing in this series-- I think he needs to play as much as possible. He's 21 years old, and there are, at most, 3 games left in the season. If D Wade can play 40 minutes with a sore knee, Kawhi can play more than 33.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Starting line up for game 5 : TD,TP,Green,Kawi,Diaw

At first I was like, "shit this guy can think". Then comes...

play T-Mac and Blair instead of Manu and Tigao

:greedy:wakeup:sleep:depressed

coachmac87
06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm 100% ok with Manu in starting line up..He can't create consistently and would get easy looks on 3s and maybe get into a rhythm.

raybies
06-14-2013, 02:38 PM
First benefactor offers a truce, now timvp agrees with me . . . what's next, Bruno agreeing with me?

Diaw on Wade would be a terrible idea. Who knows whether Wade can come close to repeating that, but now that he's shown that he still can get to that level, why increase the chance of it happening again? The match-ups should be as follows: Parker on Chalmers, Green on Wade, Ginobili on Miller, Leonard on James, Duncan on Bosh.

Good point about Diaw's play making coming in handy if Ginobili starts. Although, at least one of Parker or Ginobili should be in at all times anyway, but still. I think the message was sent with him being benched in game 3, so I'd lean towards him playing with a reasonable amount of aggression/intensity from here on out, though you never quite know with him.

Kawhi on wade pressure d, green on james slacked off. James posts green, makes kawhi a help defender. Green has done an acceptable job on James. I think kawhi can slow wade a lot more than he can slow James. That leaves wade doing pnr . We can't let all 3 go off. Noah seems to feed on the production of wade and James.

Yuixafun
06-14-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm 100% ok with Manu in starting line up..He can't create consistently and would get easy looks on 3s and maybe get into a rhythm.

This.

Also I don't think he is in love with the Idea of being the creator for the Second Unit and it's starting to get to him with the Finals on the line and this close to victory.

It's like Telling Superman He has to be Clark Kent when Doomsday is approaching.

And Since Parker is the best suited to be able to find his own shot when he feels the need to be aggressive, He should Look to get Manu and TD going early, but take the offense if it's there.

It shouldn't be with the Heat game planned to Stop Parker.

Seems like this was already preordained for game 5.

ElNono
06-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Except for perhaps adjusting the starting lineup, I don't think Pop will change much of anything, tbh.

tesseractive
06-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Excuse me, but the grownups are talking right now.

marinoman
06-14-2013, 02:56 PM
I would like to see Blair since with Miami's small lineup hes not an undersized big man, and is athletic around the basket.

Plus i think hes fast enough in transition and with ball movement to guard miller, i think.

Or just Ginobili starts, maybe that gets him going, although his post game was not reassuring

tesseractive
06-14-2013, 02:59 PM

Good thread, and some good ideas.

Wade seems to be able to turn it on for only a couple of games per playoffs -- I'm kind of tempted to make him prove he can do it again. The downside, of course, is that if he gets going like that again, we're totally screwed.

Random question: how much does it mess with the players if they stop following their normal substitution patterns and start getting significantly different ones? I know Pop messes with rotations around the margins pretty often, but will it break the guys' rhythms if we make wholesale changes like this?

ace3g
06-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I really don't want Pop to make this move this late into the Finals, but if he thinks passing can help beat the Heat blitz than TMac could be useful. I've had more of an issue with Splitter's passing this series than anything else (he is what he is in the post). Since we don't have enough players that can handle the ball why not add another good passer. He would have to play exclusively at the PF position though.

bklynspursfan
06-14-2013, 04:44 PM
I'd say start Boris in place of Tiago and let him guard Lebron. Lebron went to the post a lot to get himself going and Boris at least has the girth to not let him get there easily.

Leonard can guard Wade & Green on Miller. I think the Leonard on Wade can be a big key cause they seemed to make a conscious effort to get Wade going early the last few games. With Leonards length, it might bother him. It has the "potential" to be a series changing adjustment like when Pop put Leonard on Thompson. As long as he doesn't fall for any pump fakes of course...

And for the love of God Pop cannot continue to play these guys minutes like it's the regular season, they have to play longer stretches.

Gagnrath
06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
I honestly want to try an idea completely different than what is listed above, deactivate McGrady activate Baynes, I know he's slower but the heat are mainly looking to drive and he's pretty good as a help defender. Let mills play some meaningful minutes, he is a more confident ball handler than neal and should also be quick enough to split traps.... Keep splitter ready in case baynes foot speed proves to slow, (I don't think so he's looks alot more mobile than I thought he'd be). I want to see what happens when LeBron tries to block the dunk of someone significantly stronger than him. I'm also curious about the rules in the nba as regards to using your off-hand on the collar bone shoulder of the person you are defending when going up for a block, both times lebron has blocked duncan that has seemed to be there though one of them could have just been camera angles but the other one duncan's trajectory definately changed.

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Baynes has no report with the officials so he'd be in foul trouble within the first 2 minutes of the game and the Heat would get to the line and establish some consistency early. I want to say that Tiago had a bad game and that he will show up in game 5 a little more focused but he's consistently played soft and weak so I'd rather go with Boris off the bench and then just stay small, Blair/T-Mac and Bonner for minutes. I would really like T-Mac to be in there when Manu is in so that Manu can actually play the 2 spot but I don't see that happening.

Miami would have to put someone with size on T-Mac and despite not seeing much of what he has left I think he could get around most of the defenders they'd throw at him or at least be able to pass over them on the second unit.

99 Problems
06-14-2013, 05:31 PM
100 minutes for TD and KL game 5 if that what it takes. Without the win in game 5 the series turns into Miami tribute doco with their homecoming.

TD 21
06-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Good thread, and some good ideas.

Wade seems to be able to turn it on for only a couple of games per playoffs -- I'm kind of tempted to make him prove he can do it again. The downside, of course, is that if he gets going like that again, we're totally screwed.

Random question: how much does it mess with the players if they stop following their normal substitution patterns and start getting significantly different ones? I know Pop messes with rotations around the margins pretty often, but will it break the guys' rhythms if we make wholesale changes like this?

Clearly, it takes every ounce of energy/will Wade has to summon a performance like that and he can only bring himself to do it when it's needed most. So, despite the 2 days off between games, don't expect a repeat in game 5. But if the Spurs win it, he'll go off again in game 6 or, if it get's to it, 7. He might not score an efficient 32 again, but he also won't pull a no show and then make excuses afterwards (aka a Ginobili).

In general, it can mess with the players, but I don't think it would in this case. They know Splitter has been useless and that they'd be better off going small and getting more shooting/ball handling on the floor. And I wouldn't call these "wholesale changes". It took a whole 47 seconds to go small in game 4 anyway. Besides that, all I'm suggesting is upping the minutes of the key players and cutting an inconsequential player out of the rotation. It really shouldn't be an issue.

therealtruth
06-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Clearly, it takes every ounce of energy/will Wade has to summon a performance like that and he can only bring himself to do it when it's needed most. So, despite the 2 days off between games, don't expect a repeat in game 5. But if the Spurs win it, he'll go off again in game 6 or, if it get's to it, 7. He might not score an efficient 32 again, but he also won't pull a no show and then make excuses afterwards (aka a Ginobili).

In general, it can mess with the players, but I don't think it would in this case. They know Splitter has been useless and that they'd be better off going small and getting more shooting/ball handling on the floor. And I wouldn't call these "wholesale changes". It took a whole 47 seconds to go small in game 4 anyway. Besides that, all I'm suggesting is upping the minutes of the key players and cutting an inconsequential player out of the rotation. It really shouldn't be an issue.

Splitter hasn't been useless. He's helped in the defensive gameplan of keeping the Heat out of the paint. If you take him off the floor it's easier for the Heat to attack the basket and we saw the result last game. We're not going to lose this series because of offense. It will be because we can't stop the Heat. It's a panick move to abandon our defense to try to outscore the Heat. They will win that game everytime.

Slippy
06-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Don't worry . Pop doesn't have to do to much of a rotational change. Coach Spo did it for him by inserting Mike Miller into Miami's starting line-up.

EVAY
06-14-2013, 07:30 PM
The only good thing that Splitter does is some 'pulling guard' action for the guys coming into the lane. And he is really good at that, and when it was only Timmy in the game last night, we suffered because he wasn't there to do that. HOWEVER - I agree with starting Duncan and Diaw if Miller starts again for Miami. Diaw is at least intelligent and another good passer.

And all of you who have said that we have been saving people all season for the playoffs - YESSSSSS!!!

Can we get a reporter to ask Pop to explain why he is doing that now? JK, JK.

kaji157
06-14-2013, 07:55 PM
People calls Splitter a pussy. 1 reason behind it: clogged paint. Splitter is soft, but he is a good finisher. However, Miami's defense is the reason why Splitter sucks.

As for Joseph, I call him "filler" in this series.

Clogged paint?

No one was there, and the only ones that got near Splitter blocked the shot.
Review the plays he has point blanc lyus blocked by smaller opponents. The guy is scared and you can see, a small fake and the shot is piece of cake, but Splitter doesnīt even want to look. Thatīs why he is being such a non factor.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Clogged paint?

No one was there, and the only ones that got near Splitter blocked the shot.
Review the plays he has point blanc lyus blocked by smaller opponents. The guy is scared and you can see, a small fake and the shot is piece of cake, but Splitter doesnīt even want to look. Thatīs why he is being such a non factor.

Do you even realize Miami has 7 blocks? If that's not clogging the paint, I don't know what else it is. :depressed Heck, even Tim and Tony gets rejected.

I still believe that Splitter may be soft and all, but he's still a good finisher that gets blocked because of great D.

szkorhetz
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Start Diaw on Bron, Leonard on Wade and Splitter on Bosh, and as strange as it sounds, Bring Timmy of the bench. I think the most important thing is not to let in their comfort zone, because once they get hot, they will be Super hot. We have to avoid that by any cost, and right now Splitter is a better, more mobile defender than Duncan.

pgardn
06-15-2013, 12:32 AM
This is basically a game 4 will occur again thread.

How would you adjust after game 3?

This is all based on game 4 will occur again if PERRSONEL adjustments are not made.
I think this is faulty reasoning. Tiago, you can play with a bit as Pop took him out early. But he got free on 4 different occasions on PnR, mainly with Ginobili. These were stabs right to the heart of their defense, it worked. Assuming another player can get this open... I don't, then make your sub. The easiest part to correct is showing Tiago what he might do differently to draw fouls or actually finish( like a little touch shot while open in the lane) or kick out. They are by far the toughest defensively on the perimeter. We have to make them pay for overplaying outside IMO.

Can Diaw set these screens way out and finish? Blair? Tiago created huge open spots right in the lane.

I was the guy who got attacked with false stats concerning Tiago's inability to post, I am not an apologist for his inability to finish. I just don't think any other big can create this kind of space on the PnR. If the board thinks that Blair could hit his little quick floater or get fouled and make FTs, fine. Same with Diaw. But we don't go away from these massive holes that have been created inside on the PnR out high.

Rapper
06-15-2013, 01:08 AM
we should give a chance to Tmac

TJastal
06-15-2013, 07:14 AM
I'd say start Boris in place of Tiago and let him guard Lebron. Lebron went to the post a lot to get himself going and Boris at least has the girth to not let him get there easily.

Leonard can guard Wade & Green on Miller. I think the Leonard on Wade can be a big key cause they seemed to make a conscious effort to get Wade going early the last few games. With Leonards length, it might bother him. It has the "potential" to be a series changing adjustment like when Pop put Leonard on Thompson. As long as he doesn't fall for any pump fakes of course...

And for the love of God Pop cannot continue to play these guys minutes like it's the regular season, they have to play longer stretches.

+1

I like your ideas. Sick Leonard on D-wail and make him cry. I like Green's defense on Lebitch so far but he's going to need his legs to hit 3's. Let Boris muscle Lebitch in the post where Lebitch is starting to go more and more.

And yes... somebody on the coaching staff outta remind Pop it's the finals and somebody might have to play more than 40 minutes.

Baam
06-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Wade is the true alpha of that Miami team and I agree we need Kawhi to shut him down.

Darius McCrary
06-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Kawhi has not played bigger minutes when he's not in foul trouble. Game 4 , Pop benched him gfor Danny in second half when game was close, Duncan was on the bench, Lebron was still in. THAT. CAN'T. HAPPEN. Kawhi wasn't even in foul trouble.

The Spurs played decent defense after that sub but couldn't grab a defensive rebound to save their lives, and the Heat increased their lead.

therealtruth
06-15-2013, 02:35 PM
This is basically a game 4 will occur again thread.

How would you adjust after game 3?

This is all based on game 4 will occur again if PERRSONEL adjustments are not made.
I think this is faulty reasoning. Tiago, you can play with a bit as Pop took him out early. But he got free on 4 different occasions on PnR, mainly with Ginobili. These were stabs right to the heart of their defense, it worked. Assuming another player can get this open... I don't, then make your sub. The easiest part to correct is showing Tiago what he might do differently to draw fouls or actually finish( like a little touch shot while open in the lane) or kick out. They are by far the toughest defensively on the perimeter. We have to make them pay for overplaying outside IMO.

Can Diaw set these screens way out and finish? Blair? Tiago created huge open spots right in the lane.

I was the guy who got attacked with false stats concerning Tiago's inability to post, I am not an apologist for his inability to finish. I just don't think any other big can create this kind of space on the PnR. If the board thinks that Blair could hit his little quick floater or get fouled and make FTs, fine. Same with Diaw. But we don't go away from these massive holes that have been created inside on the PnR out high.

The problem is right now the only guy on the Spurs who is playing who can make that pass to Splitter on the pick and roll is Ginobili. TMac probably could make the pass if given the chance. We've got to be able to look inside and not just look for 3's of the pick and roll. Otherwise we become much easier to defend.

kaji157
06-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Do you even realize Miami has 7 blocks? If that's not clogging the paint, I don't know what else it is. :depressed Heck, even Tim and Tony gets rejected.

I still believe that Splitter may be soft and all, but he's still a good finisher that gets blocked because of great D.
Man watch teh game again, none of the blocks on splitter was because they clogged the paint, they actually closed a lot harder than usual on shooters, Splitter is just soft as a teddybear.

mingus
06-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Duncan needs to get 15+ shots a game out of the post. Duncan isn't what he used to be in the post, but against Miami's frontline he would look like it. I feel like the Spurs are playing way to guard oriented. The predictability of their attack is making it easier for the Heat.

bklynspursfan
06-16-2013, 09:32 PM
+1

I like your ideas. Sick Leonard on D-wail and make him cry. I like Green's defense on Lebitch so far but he's going to need his legs to hit 3's. Let Boris muscle Lebitch in the post where Lebitch is starting to go more and more.

And yes... somebody on the coaching staff outta remind Pop it's the finals and somebody might have to play more than 40 minutes.

He didn't start with this lineup, but at least we are seeing those matchup's a lot. it makes too much sense, and I'm glad Pop saw it too.

Yuixafun
06-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Winner

TJastal
06-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Props to Pop for making the right adjustments. Starting Manu was a great move, and broke him out of his slump. But equally big was finally giving Diaw a bigger role/minutes and limiting Bonner to a cameo appearance in the 2nd quarter. Diaw just has so much more to offer with his defensive versatility on James. With these changes the spurs' confidence is going to start rising and I believe they will take much better care of the ball which gives them a great opportunity to steal 1 in Miami.