PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Thread

Chris
06-14-2013, 12:01 AM
IIW_UayMtR8
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/MGS5_E3_2013_poster.jpg

This game will be a preorder instabuy for me. Still haven't copped Revengeance but I'll get around to it.

Reck
06-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Reveangence sucks man. Save yourself some money. Just wait until its free on the store.

The 5th game will be fucking epic. Already saw the trailer. Keifer Sutherland is voicing this Snake btw. Game got even more awesome.

Chris
06-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Reveangence sucks man. Save yourself some money. Just wait until its free on the store.

The 5th game will be fucking epic. Already saw the trailer. Keifer Sutherland is voicing this Snake btw. Game got even more awesome.

I was worried Revengeance would suck considering Hideo Kojima wasn't affiliated with it and they abandoned the stealth genre for action. Most of the fans are pissed that Kojima got rid of David Hayter and adopted Sutherland but I think it was smart for marketing reasons; and Sutherland has a cool grimey voice for video games.

Reck
06-14-2013, 06:09 PM
I was worried Revengeance would suck considering Hideo Kojima wasn't affiliated with it and they abandoned the stealth genre for action. Most of the fans are pissed that Kojima got rid of David Hayter and adopted Sutherland but I think it was smart for marketing reasons; and Sutherland has a cool grimey voice for video games.

Yeah dont get me wrong. The game itself doesn't totally suck. Its great for having a good time slashing and making mince meat out of the enemies, very fun fighting mechanics but the game falls flat story wise. Its just a jumbled messed. Graphics are not on par with the regular MGS games either.

As for David Hayter not voicing the playable Snake I have no issues with that. He's already done his fair share. If it was for a nobody with a weak voice then I'd be pissed too but they traded a good voicer actor with another one so its a win-win.

Also I'm not entirely sure David Hayter will be completely absent from this game. He'll probably make an appearance by the end of the game. Hideo Kojima likes playing mind games with people so its not totally crazy to think he'll do something to surprise the players.

Mister Sinister
06-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Eli is Liquid.

AlexJones
06-16-2015, 07:42 PM
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Metal-Gear-Snake.jpghttp://www.metalgearinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Big-Boss-Chopper-Pictures.jpghttp://www.metalgearinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Big-Boss.jpg

GOTY 2015

gambit1990
06-19-2015, 12:56 AM
got a ps3 for mg4, gonna get a ps4 for mg5.

pizza hut used to give out two demo discs for the ps. a red one and a blue one. that's when i first experienced mg--head and shoulders above everything else even then.

mg & gta >

but fuck reveangence. never wanted to play it, hope it gets revoked from canon.

apalisoc_9
06-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Don't listen to these goons...

Raiden's game is freaking awesome. The only game that I know that knows how to freaking use a balde in video games..

It's not an MGS game though so be warned.

Strange Love
06-19-2015, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GuHA9Vf09Q

AlexJones
08-05-2015, 04:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e8r_xgms4M

Fucking sick. 4 more weeks

Reck
08-05-2015, 10:42 PM
I'm impressed at all the different shit you can do in this game. It's massive.

apalisoc_9
08-05-2015, 10:47 PM
my body is ready.........

the last of us was the last game i really enjoyed...hoping mgs5 gets me back to gaming.

apalisoc_9
08-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Holy shit man..Shit is Huge, but in an withcher 3 kind of way.

baseline bum
08-06-2015, 12:00 AM
I haven't played a Metal Gear Solid game ever, I gotta check this series. 2015 is already a pretty fucking great year for gaming with Dying Light and Witcher 3, a much better looking GTA V on PC, and then Fallout 4 and Battlefront look like must haves too. Then the new Tomb Raider if you're on xbone (or in January on PC). Too bad Arkham Knight sucked so badly on PC.

apalisoc_9
08-06-2015, 01:09 AM
I haven't played a Metal Gear Solid game ever, I gotta check this series. 2015 is already a pretty fucking great year for gaming with Dying Light and Witcher 3, a much better looking GTA V on PC, and then Fallout 4 and Battlefront look like must haves too. Then the new Tomb Raider if you're on xbone (or in January on PC). Too bad Arkham Knight sucked so badly on PC.

wow you missed out.

Every Main MGS game has won some sort of game of the year award tbh.

MGS1 to many xonsole games is the best game of all time, although tbh that's probably has more to do with nostalgia..but still, i MGS is one of the most infulential xonsole game of all time..I'm surprised some games haven't gotten around playing it.

Mikeanaro
08-06-2015, 01:48 AM
MGS are good games, too bad the story has a few holes so if you dont take the story so seriously its a great series, great playability anyway stealth/action/fun.
My list
1. MGS 4
2. MGS 3
3. MGS 1 ( I havent played the Twin Snakes yet)
4. MGS 2

apalisoc_9
08-06-2015, 03:47 PM
MGS are good games, too bad the story has a few holes so if you dont take the story so seriously its a great series, great playability anyway stealth/action/fun.
My list
1. MGS 4
2. MGS 3
3. MGS 1 ( I havent played the Twin Snakes yet)
4. MGS 2

I'm surprised you have 4 so high on your list...:lol but yeah they're all Game of the year winners so it's hard to choose between them.

Personally,

1. MGS 1
2. MGS 3
3. MGS 2
4 MGS 4

but i loved them all tbh.

gambit1990
08-06-2015, 07:40 PM
bought a ps3 for mgs 4, gonna get a ps4 for mgs 5.

Mikeanaro
08-06-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm surprised you have 4 so high on your list...:lol but yeah they're all Game of the year winners so it's hard to choose between them.

Personally,

1. MGS 1
2. MGS 3
3. MGS 2
4 MGS 4

but i loved them all tbh.
MGS 4 it was the best for me because the graphics were great, the animations, the wolves after you killed that snow boss they were so cute... until you shoot them.
It was the culmination of the story to me, the end of ends after all the plot twists this is it...

But the series has weird holes for a guy who makes the game as his lifework, remember MGS 3 when that Voltron guy you know the big bisexual general cut snake eye? (big boss) he said I DONT LIKE THOSE BLUE EYES OF HIM and in MGS 4 Big Boss had brown eyes...

Ocelot had weird shit too I dont remember exactly, and that blonde girl Big Mother in 4 or something like that... he was a whore in MGS3, come on crying all over snake in MGS 4 as an old woman it was too much.

Vampire being alive was too much too much, Naomi being another slut... poor Otacon.
The whole Raiden story is nonsense too, when MGS 2 ends he learned the difference between reality and perception or what he wants to be real, ready to leave a normal life for ever... and then suddenly he appears in MGS 4 as a robot, leaving his family because of the money... there was no drugstore/barbershop/car repairing jobs available? :lmao

And some shit about his inner self too, the game ends and he´s back with his family again and one more time... then the Rising game happens (I know its a spin-off but its too much for me).
MGS series is a mixture between jokes and serious stuff and sometimes thinks are weird, like Voltron grabbing his lover´s crotch ala Chump to see if its really him, so I cant take it too seriously but an amazing series thou.

MGS 3 is excellent too, all that shit in a PS2 game...

MGS 2 I find it a little dull, you know playing all the game with Raiden in the Tanker, I played it on hard mode and I had to kill 12 rays instead of 4 it was a pain in the ass.
I wanted to play more with Solid Snake really, I used to punch Snake near the end of the game lol.

MGS 1 is another epic game, too bad it was on PS1, but I have the Twin Snakes to play in my dolphin emulator.

lefty
08-06-2015, 09:07 PM
:lol Currently rocking MGS 2's "phone" sound as a ringtone

baseline bum
08-06-2015, 09:10 PM
wow you missed out.

Every Main MGS game has won some sort of game of the year award tbh.

MGS1 to many xonsole games is the best game of all time, although tbh that's probably has more to do with nostalgia..but still, i MGS is one of the most infulential xonsole game of all time..I'm surprised some games haven't gotten around playing it.

Thank god for emulation, my computer can run PS1 and PS2 games pretty well. I'll have to try them out sometime.

Mikeanaro
08-06-2015, 10:18 PM
One more thing, If that hot MGS 5 chick with the sniper rifle ends up being a man/robot I will hate Hidi Koji forever, too predictable tbh.

Reck
08-06-2015, 11:21 PM
But the series has weird holes for a guy who makes the game as his lifework, remember MGS 3 when that Voltron guy you know the big bisexual general cut snake eye? (big boss) he said I DONT LIKE THOSE BLUE EYES OF HIM and in MGS 4 Big Boss had brown eyes...

There are a few explanations for that.

That could be attributed to the lighting effects in the enviroment one is in.

Also he had no body prior to the dismantling of the system that the Patriot had in place. His conciousness was kept in nanomachines somewhere by Naomi. So one has to assume that that isn't his original eye. He was reconstructed after all.

And another explanation is that eyes CAN change with age so it's not out of the question that this is what happened.

Ocelot had weird shit too I dont remember exactly

Wierd like how? It is well known that after he got his hand chopped off by Solid Snake in MGS1 he got an implant that had Liquid DNA and his personality merged by MGS4 by long exposure.

None of that are holes in the story.

More like you're a dumbass who cant grasp common sense.

Mikeanaro
08-07-2015, 12:02 AM
There are a few explanations for that.

That could be attributed to the lighting effects in the enviroment one is in.

Also he had no body prior to the dismantling of the system that the Patriot had in place. His conciousness was kept in nanomachines somewhere by Naomi. So one has to assume that that isn't his original eye. He was reconstructed after all.

And another explanation is that eyes CAN change with age so it's not out of the question that this is what happened.
¨That could¨ WTF is that? dude has blue eyes what part you dont understand? you are entering in a world of subjective assumptions where almost everything has a reason that is...EVERYTHING
Eyes change with age but just a little, people with shiny green/blue/light brown eyes can loose a little shine but you wont go from blue to brown.

Wierd like how? It is well known that after he got his hand chopped off by Solid Snake in MGS1 he got an implant that had Liquid DNA and his personality merged by MGS4 by long exposure.

None of that are holes in the story.

More like you're a dumbass who cant grasp common sense.
Weird like how? I have already explained the Raiden story its stupid, from an emo noob spy to a cyborg ninja who refused to work in a candystore/car selling place/office in order to have a normal life saying lot of nonsense shit during MGS 4 invoking his inner feelings bullshit yin yang garbage ¨plot hole¨ ¨weak shit¨.
Big Momma in MGS was over the top and stupid, Naomi too with Vampire, great game but not the best story ever, not even close.
A girl marrying a diarrhea head :lmao
You have too much free time I guess, I cant consume and like every piece of trash because it says ¨Made by Hideo Kojima¨ even some of the music was a ripoff from a Russian composer.

Lol Snake Plisken and 30 Snakes more
Lol Trautman and the other computer retard general in MGS 2
Lol The Boss husband, the dead guy!:lmao thats a plot holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, where are the dinosaurs!????????!?!?!?!
Lol Who is Revolver Ocelot´s mom? THATS STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDDD was his cousin Adolf Hitler or something????:lmao
Lol Big Boss reconstructed, same face everything but the eye could be from Lebron, as far as I know Naobitch could make a full army of Big Bosses and rule the world, plot houl.

apalisoc_9
08-10-2015, 07:34 PM
man is it September already?

I really wanna play MGS V now :lol

Reck
08-10-2015, 07:47 PM

I'm going to wait a while.

I'm reading things that have been bothering me a little. Like they said they cut down on the cutscenes big time in favor of gameplay. AKA just hang around the open world and mother base.

That's one thing I love about this series. The long movie like cutscenes and the engrossing story is what mades this shit so good.

I'm thinking of getting that Until Dawn game first and see how MGS5 checks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN2ERK7tNqI

lefty
08-10-2015, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JARtwFLQpNY

Kuestmaster
08-11-2015, 09:51 AM

Can you play with Ariza and Beal in it?

redzero
09-22-2015, 08:56 AM
MGS really did not age well from a gameplay perspective.

Death In June
09-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Phantom Pain turned out to be the best Metal Gear game, even with the uneven pacing of it's story (you get a big dump towards the end and the rest is kind of minimally spread out through 50 hours of gameplay).

redzero
09-25-2015, 05:04 AM
MGS really did not age well from a gameplay perspective.

I finished the game and it is literally bad at every aspect of gameplay. With nostalgia filters off, it's a bad stealth game, and an even worse action game. It still does have a certain charm to it, and I can see why I liked it back in the day, but its gameplay is pretty horrendous by today's standards. And the voice acting is ridiculously over the top, too.

resistanze
09-25-2015, 05:27 AM
(you get a big dump towards the end and the rest is kind of minimally spread out through 50 hours of gameplay).

So basically MGS2: SoL.

AlexJones
10-01-2015, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYEK_yvIWas

If this is not your morning alarm song YOU ARE LIVING YOUR LIFE WRONG