PDA

View Full Version : Playing thru adversity

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2013, 02:03 AM
To me the key to the game was when the Spurs lost it completely when the bad calls started pouring in. They were up by 10 and successive fouls called and botched plays drove them crazy. Huge mental breakdown.

You should know better there was a lot of pressure in allowing the Heat attack the basket. Tiago was super-vagina soft but he got hacked several times.

After reading this you might think I'm blaming the refs, but I'm not. This loss is on the team for not playing thru adversity.

The championship is not a given, you have to go out and take it

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 02:08 AM
After reading this you might think I'm blaming the refs

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2013, 02:08 AM
There was very little offense being ran when Parker was not running point and he created a lot of open looks or took shots in the 1st half. Manu running point was a stink fest not because he was turnover prone but it was because he couldn't score to keep the defense honest. The film don't lie and I'm sure Spolstra was okay with Gino taking bad 3's and getting caught mid air with nowhere to go. The problem is we don't have someone who can run a true PG role outside of Parker and we were stagnant. Manu kept forcing the ball to what would have been the right choice but Tiago was shitting the bed hard like he had diarrhea. That's on Tiago and Pop for keeping him out there so long.

Diaw came in and we had instant offense because he can space the floor and drive and pass. There were no adjustments from game 3 to game 4 for the spurs, just watching what the Heat were doing and trying to adjust a little on the fly. Pop will make adjustments but Manu and Splitter better be on a short leash, if they're not contributing then they're hindering.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2013, 02:15 AM
I would like for Pop to insert De Colo in the rotation a little bit when Parker is out. But I still think the Spurs need to be on alert and play thru everything

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2013, 02:23 AM
I would like for Pop to insert De Colo in the rotation a little bit when Parker is out. But I still think the Spurs need to be on alert and play thru everything

I'd actually like to see Diaw handle some of the point and have Manu coming off screens to get him going when he's in the game.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2013, 02:25 AM
I'd actually like to see Diaw handle some of the point and have Manu coming off screens to get him going when he's in the game.

I'd like that too, but Many will need to be given more than 5 shots a night to get going

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2013, 02:27 AM
I'd like that too, but Many will need to be given more than 5 shots a night to get going

He chose to pass up several shots while he was running Point. He needs to play within himself but he can't expect Tiago Splitter to be a difference maker in this series. He has to look for his shot that's not a contest 25 foot 3 pointer that will never go in.