PDA

View Full Version : Keys to win game 5

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 05:20 AM
1. Win the rebounding battle. The team who has more rebounds this series so far won the game, except for game 1 when the Spurs got out rebounded by 37 to 46 but was negated because they only committed 4 turnovers.

2. Keep that starting line-up but Boris should be the first and only big off the bench. I'm good with the starting line-up even with Tiago playing so poorly, I just don't want to see Pop fucking around and playing Bonner. Bonner did nothing positive or negative this game, don't get me wrong Bonner lovers, but he just doesn't make any impact if he doesn't shoot the 3 ball. I don't need to explain about Diaw, you all saw it earlier.

3. Manu. Manu needs to stop shooting 3's. I want to see Manu get to the hole, perhaps call ISO plays for him. Spread out and let him create 1 on 1. The things is Manu needs to get to the hole, either you score, get to the line or dish out for the 3; Manu we need you to get to the hole.

4. Don't expect Tony to play even close to 90%. Expect for the worse and work on that. You expect for the best and the most unlikely then you are fckd when it doesn't work.

5. Keep shooting. Neal and Green we need 2 more games of those Hall of Fame cojones, please.

6. Kawhi hasn't played a game longer than 35 minutes this series. What the fuck are you resting him for Pop?

7. 19 turnovers won't cut it.

8. Tim Duncan. With TP injured and this version of Manu, it's all on you now #21. Yes you are old. Yes you are not even half the player you used to be 10 years ago, but I just refuse to accept that you can't dominate the Heat's "bigs" when you had your way with Howard, Pau, Bogut, Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. Please Tim, just 2 more games and we all can live as the happiest basketball fans for the rest of our lives.

:flag: Go Spurs Go! :flag:

Oh, and Spurs in 6 just like I've called it before the series started.

mudyez
06-14-2013, 05:28 AM
Please Tim, just 2 more games and we all can live as the happiest basketball fans for the rest of our lives.

At this point I want them to win #5 for themself more than for us fans!

No matter what...I love this team!

AchillesHeel
06-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Timmy and Manu need to show up, you can't count on your role players to get hot like Green and Neal did in Game 3, you gotta get Timmy going early to get those efficient inside buckets, don't jack up 3s and give Lebron and Wade opportunities on the transition.

Don't turn over the ball, more easy transition points for Lebron.

Let Lebron and Wade take open 18-foot jump shots, they will not land all game and are less efficient than layups/free throws.

Stabula
06-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Key to winning game 5: make more baskets than Miami

szkorhetz
06-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Allow less.
We still live by, die by the three and that won't cut it, TBH.

Raven
06-14-2013, 06:04 AM
I pretty much agree with everything.

Luxic
06-14-2013, 06:04 AM
Allow less.
None of those. Just score at least one more point than them.

smaka
06-14-2013, 06:21 AM
Manu needs to stop shooting 3s that are far from open. He needs to drive to the basket or shoot when he is open. And Tim needs to wake up and have a dominant game in the post... I mean, how he dominated DPOY, why can't he handle H:lolslem & co.?

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Manu needs to stop shooting 3s that are far from open. He needs to drive to the basket or shoot when he is open. And Tim needs to wake up and have a dominant game in the post... I mean, how he dominated DPOY, why can't he handle H:lolslem & co.?

Yup. Tim had a good game in game 4 but that's definitely not enough with an injured Parker and a shitty Manu.

coachmac87
06-14-2013, 07:30 AM
The problem with Manu is he can't turn the corner when they trap the PnR..which forces him to pass..and when they don't trap they go under forcing Manu to shoot the 3. Which he has done but just hasn't made em. Manus biggest flaw in his game is he doesn't have a mid range game. So it's either him shooting the 3, getting to the hole or make the pass...only way Manu had a good game is if he starts hitting the 3 ball. People are frustrated with his shot selection but these days it's all really he can do

cd98
06-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Inject Tiago with some testosterone to offset his estrogen imbalance.

cd98
06-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Ginoboli may be done as we know him. All signs point to that. He's got to shoot threes to open up his drives and passing attack. He just needs to take open threes and late contests. He's taking bad shots that most players, even Lebron can't make. And he's doing it with ten seconds left on the shot clock. At this stage and in this series, he's got to play with more control. He's got to be a playmaker for us, if not a scorer or we got no shot.

Legacy
06-14-2013, 07:40 AM
I miss seeing Manu drive to the basket so much. Just drive, Manu. Drive. Drive. Drive. No need for any BS "hero ball" ... whenever you drive you ARE our hero, Manu. Please come back... :depressed

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Ginoboli may be done as we know him. All signs point to that. He's got to shoot threes to open up his drives and passing attack. He just needs to take open threes and late contests. He's taking bad shots that most players, even Lebron can't make. And he's doing it with ten seconds left on the shot clock. At this stage and in this series, he's got to play with more control. He's got to be a playmaker for us, if not a scorer or we got no shot.

Like I said, maybe running ISO plays will work for him. Try it for about 3 times early on. Give him space to create. I refuse to accept that he can't drive by Miller or Allen.

therealtruth
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Allow less.

I agree and don't feed their offense with turnovers. Also get someone who can pass to the bigs when they're wide open in the lane.

m33p0
06-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Keys to Spurs Game 5 Victory:
rebounding Effort and Focus on limiting turnovers.

and play like your pants are on fire!

we need a little dose of nasty!

ironman2886
06-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Effort and and limit turnovers. Simple. Game 2 and 4 were mirror images. Turnovers and lack of effort.

m33p0
06-14-2013, 06:58 PM
cojo and neal on the court at the same time is not good.

but you already knew that even before cojo and neal were on the court at the same time. :ihit

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 07:02 PM
cojo and neal on the court at the same time is not good.

but you already knew that even before cojo and neal were on the court at the same time. :ihit

This is why we need Manu not to suck major ass.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Sprint back on defense if you can't get the rebound. LeBron and Wade were always pushing the ball, even when the defense was already set. Long rebounds and/or rebounds by LeBron led to a lot of transition opportunities for the Heat.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Sprint back on defense if you can't get the rebound. LeBron and Wade were always pushing the ball, even when the defense was already set. Long rebounds and/or rebounds by LeBron led to a lot of transition opportunities for the Heat.

You can't really control the long rebounds what you can do to limit the Heat's fastbreak points is limit your turnovers. Like I said 19 turnovers won't cut it.

rmt
06-14-2013, 07:13 PM

A team can win by making less baskets (3s) than another (2s and free throws).

Key to winning game 5: score one more point than the Heat by whatever means - usually limiting turnovers, getting rebounds, taking good shots and playing hard.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 07:28 PM
A team can win by making less baskets (3s) than another (2s and free throws).

Key to winning game 5: score one more point than the Heat by whatever means - usually limiting turnovers, getting rebounds, taking good shots and playing hard.
Stabula always tries to be a smart ass so this shit is par for the course for him tbh.

Pauleta14
06-14-2013, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=mudyez;6660849]At this point I want them to win #5 for themself more than for us fans!

No matter what...I love this team![/QUOTE

This.

itzsoweezee
06-14-2013, 08:01 PM
6. Kawhi hasn't played a game longer than 35 minutes this series. What the fuck are you resting him for Pop?

This ^^^ is infuriating. What the fuck is Popovich doing? Both Duncan and Leonard were on the bench for 3 minutes or so to start the fourth and Miami blew the game wide open.

Duncan, Parker, and Kawhi are all going to have to play about 40 minutes if they want to win this.

100%duncan
06-14-2013, 11:56 PM
This ^^^ is infuriating. What the fuck is Popovich doing? Both Duncan and Leonard were on the bench for 3 minutes or so to start the fourth and Miami blew the game wide open.

Duncan, Parker, and Kawhi are all going to have to play about 40 minutes if they want to win this.

I can understand about Parker since he's injured. But you gotta ride everything you have now. You just need two more games and rest for the whole summer, hell rest for the whole season next year.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-14-2013, 11:59 PM
TL;DR

1. Less turnover
2. Ball movement
3. Rebounding

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 12:23 AM
TL;DR

1. Less turnover
2. Ball movement
3. Rebounding

Do those 3 with Manu still playing like shit, TP injured, and a spot up shooting Duncan and we still lose.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Do those 3 with Manu still playing like shit, TP injured, and a spot up shooting Duncan and we still lose.

We won game 1 with a shit Ginobili and a spot up shooting Duncan, right? It's because we had less TO, rebounded good and ball movement is A+.

TP injured is a different thing. Wish for his instant healing to all Gods you can think of.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 12:33 AM
And I'm not even joking with the last sentence.

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 12:41 AM
We won game 1 with a shit Ginobili and a spot up shooting Duncan, right? It's because we had less TO, rebounded good and ball movement is A+.

TP injured is a different thing. Wish for his instant healing to all Gods you can think of.

Timmy's game 1 was actually the game he had the most touches tbh. It was also the game that he posted up more often though spot up more still.

We were also outrebounded in game 1 tbh.

And 4 turnovers in a game against the Heat will never be repeated.

Russo21
06-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Has Bonner hit a 3 pointer so far this series?

DMC
06-15-2013, 12:47 AM
To me, the "keys" are "limit turnovers". Might as well just say "outscore them".

How do you limit turnovers? You have to determine why they are happening and find a work around. If it's passing lanes being taken, that means someone is cheating off their man. Move the ball around the horn, avoid the cross court passes that result in steals and fast breaks. Tim won't, but he needs to decide what to do when he gets the ball, not just stand there with it down around his knees. There needs to be better communication, talking... no one told Tim "watch out" when everyone saw the steal coming from behind Tim. Stop the soft ass bounce passes. Manu needs to stop the Harlem Globetrotter shit. Sure they are cool on Youtube when they work, but they are points for the other team when they don't. Make crisp clean passes, assess risk vs reward before passing the ball.

The team is doing all of this already, they don't need anyone to tell them this basic JV shit, so it comes down to the cliche of "valuing every possession". There's no tricks, no secret plays or moves that are going to win games. Just go out and play your asses off and don't give the damn game away, make them earn it.

When a play is busted and you don't have an out, shoot the ball. Don't just force a bad pass. I'll take a missed shot over a turnover any day. So protect the ball, make them make shots, get back in transition, play solid defense without sending them to the line all the time, no easy looks.

Then, just live with the results. If we lose playing our best, that's acceptable to me.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Timmy's game 1 was actually the game he had the most touches tbh. It was also the game that he posted up more often though spot up more still.

Weren't he jacking up jump shots at the beginning of the game before he posted Miami in the 2nd half? Also, we cannot disregard the fact that Miami already made an adjustment when we give the ball to the low post. Not sure if you saw that in game 4.

Notice too that I mentioned rebounded GOOD and not WELL.

I agree that 4 TO's will not happen again, but we need to lessen it. We won game 3 because we had less TO's that the Heat. We need to take care of our ball.

DMC
06-15-2013, 12:51 AM

Seeing how it tied a Finals record for fewest turnovers in a game... I would tend to agree it won't happen again.

siraulo23
06-15-2013, 12:56 AM
The spurs moved the ball well, made the right pass to the roll man, we can only hope tiago/td can do a better job making the right decisions, spurs offense hinge on them

Now defensively they really shouldn't change much, except respect James and wades jumpshot a little more, still sag off but don't treat them like Rajon rOndo

Now I hope to god the spurs still shoot a high % when they get good looks, bu man I don't think Danny can shoot this well any longer

And of course tony Parker being healthy is number 1

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Weren't he jacking up jump shots at the beginning of the game before he posted Miami in the 2nd half? Also, we cannot disregard the fact that Miami already made an adjustment when we give the ball to the low post. Not sure if you saw that in game 4.

Notice too that I mentioned rebounded GOOD and not WELL.

I agree that 4 TO's will not happen again, but we need to lessen it. We won game 3 because we had less TO's that the Heat. We need to take care of our ball.

So what about the rebounds? Point is we got outrebounded and won because of the once in a lifetime 4 to's.

So what if he jacked up shots early on? The thing is, he posted up.

And we are already done with the "double teaming" issue, the double teams can only help you especially when you have the best passing big man in the game today.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 01:49 AM
So what about the rebounds? Point is we got outrebounded and won because of the once in a lifetime 4 to's.

So what if he jacked up shots early on? The thing is, he posted up.

And we are already done with the "double teaming" issue, the double teams can only help you especially when you have the best passing big man in the game today.

There's a difference with rebounding like shit, GOOD and well. If you're not happy with good, then by all means tell The Spurs players, except Kawhi and TD to rebound well. My point is, I'd be so fucking happy to be rebounding good than rebounding like shit. Get it?

If there's 1 aspect in the game that we should dominate, it's the rebounding category. Win or lose, control the boards. There may be other things to consider, but we have 2 7 footers and Kawhi. This should be a given. (eg. Game 3)

Miami adjusted well. Pop needs to make adjustments too when posting Timmy if we want to have an effective post up plays.

How can we be done with the double teaming issue when it just happened last game? AFAIK, we haven't played game 5 yet, which means we HAVEN'T addressed that issue, yet.

hyhy
06-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Roll man needs to bring the ball high up when spinning, pump fake before the shot. Heat players are depending on their athleticism and their jumping abilities to block shots and stripping when they bring the ball low. Just pump fake they will jump

ElNono
06-15-2013, 02:26 AM
1. Try to keep it under 10 turnovers

2. Defensive rebounding

If we did those two things in Game 4, we win the game, regardless of how player X played (Tiago soft, Tim not enough, Manu sux, Tony's 2nd half, Lebron beast, Wade 2006, SuperRaptor Bosh, etc etc etc).

So that's the blueprint. Keep the gameplan, but take care of the ball and box out and rebound.

The only 'major' change I foresee is Neal starting for Tiago to match up small ball. Don't expect Pop to go too much off script unless we're getting blown out.

Rapper
06-15-2013, 02:33 AM
1 Mentally tough
2 Play smart and play aggressively on both ends
3 Fast and accurate ball movement
4 Big 2 on fire (of course TD & TP)
5 No easy basket for Heat
6 Transection Defense
7 Limit LBJ to score under 20
8 Rebounds
9 Turnovers (under 7s)
10 Energy from the crowd
11 Refs reason
12 Bench manu
13 Play Tmac for 15 mins instead of Manu
14 Diaw in starting lineup
15 Hustle to every possession
16 Get some nasty and dirty
17 Green and Neal's flame throwers
18 Stay focus
19 Pick & Roll
20 Desire of winning a championship

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 02:39 AM
There's a difference with rebounding like shit, GOOD and well. If you're not happy with good, then by all means tell The Spurs players, except Kawhi and TD to rebound well. My point is, I'd be so fucking happy to be rebounding good than rebounding like shit. Get it?

If there's 1 aspect in the game that we should dominate, it's the rebounding category. Win or lose, control the boards. There may be other things to consider, but we have 2 7 footers and Kawhi. This should be a given. (eg. Game 3)

Miami adjusted well. Pop needs to make adjustments too when posting Timmy if we want to have an effective post up plays.

How can we be done with the double teaming issue when it just happened last game? AFAIK, we haven't played game 5 yet, which means we HAVEN'T addressed that issue, yet.

Yes you pointed out the rebounding again, you yourself said that we have 2 7 footers and kawhi so it should be a given yet still got outrebounded 3 times out of the 4 games. I think you contradicted yourself there, didn't you?

You don't say? Of course Miami adjusted. They needed to. Pop has to too. Everyone has to. This is the NBA freakin finals, of course you adjust.

I was talking we as me and you tbh. :lol I aleady told you that double teaming can only do us good especially with a great passer like Tim.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 02:58 AM
Yes you pointed out the rebounding again, you yourself said that we have 2 7 footers and kawhi so it should be a given yet still got outrebounded 3 times out of the 4 games. I think you contradicted yourself there, didn't you?

You don't say? Of course Miami adjusted. They needed to. Pop has to too. Everyone has to. This is the NBA freakin finals, of course you adjust.

I was talking we as me and you tbh. :lol I aleady told you that double teaming can only do us good especially with a great passer like Tim.

Wait... what?!? We got outrebounded 3 out 4 times? Are you seriously watching the 2013 finals games? Contradicted myself? I can't believe I'm actually wasting my time here... :lol

So, earlier you said post up Duncan "more" than "making adjustments" before going to Duncan again "more" in the low post. How the hell am I having this kind of conversation with you?!?!?!

Yes, you already told me double teaming can do us good. You failed to understand my point.

My kabayan... I hate to say it, but 11,235 posts didn't make you a better Spur fan logically. I pity you... :rollin

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 03:01 AM
Wait... what?!? We got outrebounded 3 out 4 times? Are you seriously watching the 2013 finals games? Contradicted myself? I can't believe I'm actually wasting my time here... :lol

So, earlier you said post up Duncan "more" than "making adjustments" before going to Duncan again "more" in the low post. How the hell am I having this kind of conversation with you?!?!?!

Yes, you already told me double teaming can do us good. You failed to understand my point.

My kabayan... I hate to say it, but 11,235 posts didn't make you a better Spur fan logically. I pity you... :rollin

Are you fucking stupid? We only outrebounded Heat during game 3. Are you watching the finals?

I stopped reading after your first sentence.

Totally exposing as the one who just blabs by the eye test. :rolleyes Try to go for the stats, and tell we didn't get out rebounded 3 out of 4.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Are you fucking stupid? We only outrebounded Heat during game 3. Are you watching the finals?

I stopped reading after your first sentence.

Totally exposing as the one who just blabs by the eye test. :rolleyes Try to go for the stats, and tell we didn't get out rebounded 3 out of 4.

IDK. Maybe I was watching FIFA 2013? :blah

http://i.imgur.com/f1bN5ZU.png

ElNono
06-15-2013, 03:16 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4461997/gameday-bucket-go-boom-o.gif

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 03:31 AM

Ok. I stand corrected. Since I'm wrong about that, I'm going to react about your other points too then.

What? This doesn't even make sense. What would you really want? Tim spotting up or Tim posting up? Adjustments, yes everyone needs to adjust because this is the NBA Finals. No one should be shocked that the Heat adjusted well because they certainly didn't want to go down 1-3. Same can be said for Pop and the Spurs now, they don't want to go down 2-3 heading back to South Beach, it is expected and will not be a surprise if they adjust and win.

What's your point? You totally ignored what I was saying. Double teaming against the Spurs should kill the opponent. Duncan one of the best passing big man of all time, surrounded by 3-4 players that can shoot that 3 anytime when open.

I don't need anyone to tell me I'm logical or what tbh. This is the internet. I have a life outside of it, so I honestly don't care.

:toast

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 04:18 AM
You posted 8 reason while I chose the 3 most important keys to win game 5. Logically speaking, 8 keys to win the series is asking for a perfect Spurs game. It can happen, but calculate the odds.

What? This doesn't even make sense. What would you really want? Tim spotting up or Tim posting up? Adjustments, yes everyone needs to adjust because this is the NBA Finals. No one should be shocked that the Heat adjusted well because they certainly didn't want to go down 1-3. Same can be said for Pop and the Spurs now, they don't want to go down 2-3 heading back to South Beach, it is expected and will not be a surprise if they adjust and win.
I want a little bit of both. This makes TD unpredictable and he will not worn out easily. If you want to make him post up day in and day out, give him the fountain of rejuvenation. Seriously, I know Pop will make adjustments, but we haven't seen if it will be effective or not. Am I right?

What's your point? You totally ignored what I was saying. Double teaming against the Spurs should kill the opponent. Duncan one of the best passing big man of all time, surrounded by 3-4 players that can shoot that 3 anytime when open.

I didn't ignored your point, you actually ignored mine. You were too busy dreaming of a perfect Tim Duncan game. I do know Tim is a great passer as his court vision is superb, but my point is as of LAST GAME, double teaming Tim makes him turn the ball over by making a bad pass or when he was able to pass it out, the offense is stagnant which turns in to a bad offensive possession. You weren't paying attention to the spacing, players movement and the defense of Miami. I assume you were just too busy hoping for Tim to be "Tim" making the shot.

I don't need anyone to tell me I'm logical or what tbh. This is the internet. I have a life outside of it, so I honestly don't care.

It's tough to accept that there are things in life that you don't have. You may have that outside life you claim (with 11,239 posts, that pretty much makes sense), but unfortunately you lack comprehension. Open your mind and see what other people's opinion. Let me say it again, I pity you kabayan. :toast

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 04:25 AM
1. Because like I said doing those 3, are not enough to win us game 5.

2. When did I say that I want TD to post up every possession, all day? It's just appalling that he spots up more than posting up when he had no problem doing it against Howard, and the DPOY.

3. 3 turnovers by Tim Duncan. 1 one or 2 coming from a bad pass, from our guards. Yep, double teaming caused him to turn it over... :rolleyes

4. It's funny you say this when the only thing that you said that actually made sense was that I was wrong about "3/4" instead of "2/4". I'd rather be wrong once in a while and correct most of the times than give pity to a person that doesn't need one because he makes much more sense than me. See what I did there? Yep. :toast
SpurSpurSpurs

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 04:53 AM
1. Because like I said doing those 3, are not enough to win us game 5.

2. When did I say that I want TD to post up every possession, all day? It's just appalling that he spots up more than posting up when he had no problem doing it against Howard, and the DPOY.

3. 3 turnovers by Tim Duncan. 1 one or 2 coming from a bad pass, from our guards. Yep, double teaming caused him to turn it over... :rolleyes

4. It's funny you say this when the only thing that you said that actually made sense was that I was wrong about "3/4" instead of "2/4". I'd rather be wrong once in a while and correct most of the times than give pity to a person that doesn't need one because he makes much more sense than me. See what I did there? Yep. :toast
SpurSpurSpurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=21406)

1. I think it only takes 3 things to win game 5. You want 8 for a perfect Spurs game. Sure!

2. First, it's TD posting up without mentioning the adjustments needed. Second, you said TD posting up, but doing the right adjustment. Third, you want TD mixing it up, but should post up more than shooting.C'mon man, make up your mind. You're making fun out of yourself. :rollin Howard is shit mentally and physically, we are in the Finals playing the defending champs and arguably the best team in the NBA.

Tim is a great passer as his court vision is superb, but my point is as of LAST GAME, double teaming Tim makes him turn the ball over by making a bad pass or when he was able to pass it out, the offense is stagnant which turns in to a bad offensive possession.
Sorry I forgot to highlight it for you. Didn't realize you were REALLY that bad at comprehension.:lol

4. See what? The guts you have to type that? Yep! :toast

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 05:03 AM
1. I think it only takes 3 things to win game 5. You want 8 for a perfect Spurs game. Sure!
That's why the title had "keys" in it. I could add many more things that they can do to win but keyword is: keys. Funny you talk about comprehension. :lol
2. First, it's TD posting up without mentioning the adjustments needed. Second, you said TD posting up, but doing the right adjustment. Third, you want TD mixing it up, but should post up more than shooting.C'mon man, make up your mind. You're making fun out of yourself. :rollin Howard is shit mentally and physically, we are in the Finals playing the defending champs and arguably the best team in the NBA.

No the TD posting up and adjustments are two totally different things. We need TD to post up more tho not everytime as you suggested because you don't know how to understand what I was saying. And basically what I was talking about adjustments is that everybody adjusts. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the Heat adjusted and it shouldn't surprise anyone that the Spurs will adjust. See? TD posting up and adjusting is two different topics. 'Kay?

Sorry I forgot to highlight it for you. Didn't realize you were REALLY that bad at comprehension.:lol

Got anything to prove that? None? Then shut up.

4. See what? The guts you have to type that? Yep! :toast

Read it again maybe you'll understand it the next time. :toast

And :lol at Howard being weak physically. I'd still take this year's Howard over any big except Duncan tbh. :lol What a stupid take

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 05:28 AM
1. No comment?

2. Make up your mind. Such a waste of time. :lol

3. Your take...

after my take...

Tim is a great passer as his court vision is superb, but my point is as of LAST GAME, double teaming Tim makes him turn the ball over by making a bad pass or when he was able to pass it out, the offense is stagnant which turns in to a bad offensive possession.

Can I not shut up now??? Oh, and BTW... take those horse blinders ASAP. :lmao

4. I actually understand everything. I just don't have time to make a comment aside from how big your balls to say that after failing miserably about your takes ON YOUR OWN THREAD. You Sir, deserves a FAILURE trophy award.

Torn Labrum in his right shoulder says HI! :lmao

Notice how I bolded all important things so you can easily understand them. :toast

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 05:31 AM
I can't seem to absorb that I'm having a discussion with you. You are the EPITOME of failure... and that's a compliment! :toast

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 05:31 AM
1. No comment?

2. Make up your mind. Such a waste of time. :lol

3. Your take...

after my take...

Can I not shut up now??? Oh, and BTW... take those horse blinders ASAP. :lmao

4. I actually understand everything. I just don't have time to make a comment aside from how big your balls to say that after failing miserably about your takes ON YOUR OWN THREAD. You Sir, deserves a FAILURE trophy award.

Torn Labrum in his right shoulder says HI! :lmao

Notice how I bolded all important things so you can easily understand them. :toast

1. Don't you know how to read?

2. Why will I make up my mind? I already told you Tim posting up and adjustments from both teams are totally different topics. :rolleyes wow tbh.

3. So? I told you, do you have any proof? Still none? Then shut up.

4. Nope, :lol you are the only one who actually disagrees with me. :lol

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 05:32 AM
I can't seem to absorb that I'm having a discussion with you. You are the EPITOME of failure... and that's a compliment! :toast

Great comeback :toast

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 05:47 AM
1. Don't you know how to read?

2. Why will I make up my mind? I already told you Tim posting up and adjustments from both teams are totally different topics. :rolleyes wow tbh.

3. So? I told you, do you have any proof? Still none? Then shut up.

4. Nope, :lol you are the only one who actually disagrees with me. :lol

1. Oh... right! haha

2. I don't even want to discuss this anymore. You just kept ignoring everything you said. Telling me everything your saying after I brought them up.

3. Failing to understand that turnover is not only the problem when he's posting up? I think I deserve to talk. :lol

4. Am I? Hope they have time to read every thing in this thread.

Don't even need a comeback, tbfh. :toast

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 06:09 AM
1. Oh... right! haha

2. I don't even want to discuss this anymore. You just kept ignoring everything you said. Telling me everything your saying after I brought them up.

3. Failing to understand that turnover is not only the problem when he's posting up? I think I deserve to talk. :lol

4. Am I? Hope they have time to read every thing in this thread.

Don't even need a comeback, tbfh. :toast

1. It's funny that you call it perfect if they Spurs execute all those 8 when anyone here can add 3 more things to win the game. And I know, the Spurs will unlikely do those 8 "keys" yes keys, meaning not all. But I it will be more unlikely that the Spurs win if they just do 3 out of those 8 to execution.

2. Please get this through your thick skull.
-Tim Duncan needs to post up more.
- No one should be surprised that the Heat and Spurs are making adjustments. They are fucking professionals, best in the world in basketball, and they are in the biggest stage in basketball. No one should be shocked because they are paid to play, ADJUST and win the whole damn thing.

See? Those 2 topics are different. Like I said, I hope you get that through your thick skull.

3. What? When did I even say that turnovers were a problem when they doubled Tim? I was actually defending him because it wasn't his fault that he committed only committed 3 right? :lol Yes 3, and you're complaining. :lol

4. I hope so too.

If you want to talk about other things than those 4, then let's talk, but if you just keep on bringing those back up then don't expect for a reply.

And oh :lol at saying you dont need a comeback when you just did in your previous post.

Kawhi Leonard
06-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Get Kawhi more looks at the basket. Let him drive and finish more often.

naico
06-15-2013, 09:42 AM
It's quite simple. It's always been about rebounds and turnovers. Which is funny cuz this isn't so much about talent or execution as it is about focus and effort. So losing an NBA championship to that would be stupid.

Darius McCrary
06-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Seriously WTF is up with Pop afraid to play Kawhi big minutes when he's not even in foul trouble???

SpursDynasty21
06-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm more worried about the refs helping the Heat. That could be a big problem, if the Heat get all the calls.

sjacquemotte
06-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Timmy and Manu need to show up, you can't count on your role players to get hot like Green and Neal did in Game 3, you gotta get Timmy going early to get those efficient inside buckets, don't jack up 3s and give Lebron and Wade opportunities on the transition.

Don't turn over the ball, more easy transition points for Lebron.

Let Lebron and Wade take open 18-foot jump shots, they will not land all game and are less efficient than layups/free throws.
I agree with turnovers and keeping everyone out of the paint but Spurs aren't like Miami in our Big Three having to play big. Spurs have a deep bench.

TampaDude
06-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Score more points than Miami.

ontheraise
06-15-2013, 01:04 PM
there is 3 keys to game 5, tp injury, manu ginobili level and defense (keep miami under 90). but to be realy honest i sadly think that this serie is over and we gone loose in 6, it hurt to say it but parker not being 100% healthy, i'll be deeply surprise if we win this title. right now spurs winning the title would be the most overwelming, unexpected achievement of spurs history.

-21-
06-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Obviously everyone has already pointed it out. Rebound and limit turnovers.

Pop should not hold back on his players' playing time because THIS IS THE FINALS. This is the reason for all the "resting and limiting minutes" he's done throughout the season. Let your guys play their asses off especially Leonard and Duncan.

therealtruth
06-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I think they only need 3 keys.
1. Protect the paint and rebound and stay on shooters
2. Ball movement. Force the Heat to defend and make them pay for their aggressive defense.
3. Take care of the ball If they do that it doesn't matter what the Heat do.

Also no easy baskets. Wrap up the player if needed. Force them to hit free throws. I know the Spurs like to avoid fouling but sometimes you have no choice.

carina_gino20
06-16-2013, 09:16 AM
More of what we saw in Game 3, though not necessarily in terms of shooting lights out on the 3 ball.

1. Limit turnovers.
2. Find a way to get cleaner passes to TD or any big man on the block. Then finish strong. If Miami insists on going midget ball, Spurs have to make them pay.
3. Keep moving, moving, moving. Move without the ball, make yourself open, and when you get to your spot, just let it fly.
4. Kawhi needs to body up Lebron more and try to keep him off his sweet spot on the low block.

polandprzem
06-16-2013, 09:22 AM
IMO this are simple keys to victory

http://www.kluczleo.pl/admin/uploads/offers/klucze-do-63.300.011.jpg

100%duncan
06-16-2013, 09:39 AM

*these tbh

Keepin' it real
06-16-2013, 10:09 AM

http://www.fuelyourwriting.com/files/Bill_Murra_m794923.jpg

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Listen if Wade and LBJ can hit 14/15 of 25 shots two more games then they deserve to win. They took those outside jumpers and hit plain and simple where as before they did not. Wade looked like he was going against some high school kids and having his way. Make Wade work and it is game over, Spurs win. Also Ray Allen needs to be limited. He hits a three and it feeds them so much in regards to energy. Lazy Manu guarding him does not help. LBJ can get 50 its the others that need to be limited. And of course Bosh cannot be allowed to hit 8 of 14 either. That is too easy for their O for him to step out and hit that shot. Once that goes it is goodnight Spurs. Bosh will cave to a bit of pressure.

100%duncan
06-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Listen if Wade and LBJ can hit 14/15 of 25 shots two more games then they deserve to win.

Yes that's why, I only talked about what the Spurs can control. :wakeup

Old School 44
06-16-2013, 10:43 AM
GAME 5. SERIES TIED 2-2....Is this guy available?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFrmbYsyS0k

100%duncan
06-16-2013, 10:44 AM
GAME 5. SERIES TIED 2-2....Is this guy available?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFrmbYsyS0k

How we all fucking wish.

Trifecta
06-16-2013, 12:24 PM
I think they only need 3 keys.
1. Protect the paint and rebound and stay on shooters
2. Ball movement. Force the Heat to defend and make them pay for their aggressive defense.
3. Take care of the ball If they do that it doesn't matter what the Heat do.

Also no easy baskets. Wrap up the player if needed. Force them to hit free throws. I know the Spurs like to avoid fouling but sometimes you have no choice.

This ^^^^^^ and Splitter not falling for the DWade pump fake to get in foul trouble!!!

therealtruth
06-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Listen if Wade and LBJ can hit 14/15 of 25 shots two more games then they deserve to win.

It's not like they instantly transformed into better jumpshooters. Part of it is the Spurs letting them get easy baskets and free throws to get their confidence going. The key is to keep them uncomfortable. If that's the case they will misfire more often.

Horry Hipcheck
06-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Manu and Timmy showing up is beyond the team's control. That needs to happen, of course, but only they can make it so. Things the team can control? Win the rebounding battle, which they haven't had much difficulty doing, limit turnovers (especially live ball turnovers), and force LeBron and Wade to be jumpshooters again. James from 18 feet can potentially be deadly, but the Spurs would rather live with that than with a James who drives consistently and either gets layups or makes the extra pass once the defense collapses. The first quarter will be telling in this regard. If Lebron gets into the paint early, he won't see a reason to test his jumpshot. Make him play from deep from the start and keep him out of a rhythm.

Parker's hamstring is a huge factor, but he needs to run Spurs offense. Without him the Spurs will struggle.

100%duncan
06-16-2013, 10:00 PM
1. Win the rebounding battle. The team who has more rebounds this series so far won the game, except for game 1 when the Spurs got out rebounded by 37 to 46 but was negated because they only committed 4 turnovers.

2. Keep that starting line-up but Boris should be the first and only big off the bench. I'm good with the starting line-up even with Tiago playing so poorly, I just don't want to see Pop fucking around and playing Bonner. Bonner did nothing positive or negative this game, don't get me wrong Bonner lovers, but he just doesn't make any impact if he doesn't shoot the 3 ball. I don't need to explain about Diaw, you all saw it earlier.

3. Manu. Manu needs to stop shooting 3's. I want to see Manu get to the hole, perhaps call ISO plays for him. Spread out and let him create 1 on 1. The things is Manu needs to get to the hole, either you score, get to the line or dish out for the 3; Manu we need you to get to the hole.

4. Don't expect Tony to play even close to 90%. Expect for the worse and work on that. You expect for the best and the most unlikely then you are fckd when it doesn't work.

5. Keep shooting. Neal and Green we need 2 more games of those Hall of Fame cojones, please.

7. 19 turnovers won't cut it.

8. Tim Duncan. With TP injured and this version of Manu, it's all on you now #21. Yes you are old. Yes you are not even half the player you used to be 10 years ago, but I just refuse to accept that you can't dominate the Heat's "bigs" when you had your way with Howard, Pau, Bogut, Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. Please Tim, just 2 more games and we all can live as the happiest basketball fans for the rest of our lives.

:flag: Go Spurs Go! :flag:

Oh, and Spurs in 6 just like I've called it before the series started.

Imma going to count that number 2 as correct, since Boris played 27 minutes and pretty much played the significant back up 4 spot.

4/8. Good enough Spurs. :tu

Spurs in 6.

Believe.