PDA

View Full Version : We are playing with house money!

deibero
06-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Just as a perspective, remember the warriors series when mark jackson kept saying that the dubs were playing with house money and nothing to lose?

For all the complains and depression around here, I will advise to adopt that same mentality: we are playing with house money. No one expected us to be in this position with our same aging core and after 6 long years. This is gravy, just extra to all the moments we have had with this team through the years.

Dont get me wrong, it will be great to win another ring, and I still believe and even think they will, but relax for a second and analyze: if someone would have ask you at the beginning of the season if you will take being tied with Miami 2-2 in the finals at this point your answer would have been "where do i sign?"
Even more, if they would have told you you were making the finals but not winning, you would have also been happy and look at it as a great acomplishment.

The Spurs are getting their long over due exposure, and they will go out as champions, not more and not less win or lose.

Just relax and enjoy the ride!

RD2191
06-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Please stfu with the "we aren't supposed to be here" bullshit. Spurs are built to win championships. If they lose it will considered a massive failure. We aren't the fuking Bobcats, this team is supposed to compete every year and win fukin titles.

deibero
06-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Please stfu with the "we aren't supposed to be here" bullshit. Spurs are built to win championships. If they lose it will considered a massive failure. We aren't the fuking Bobcats, this team is supposed to compete every year and win fukin titles.

thats were you're wrong man, we have a team to go deep in the postseason and compete for one, but our chances of actually getting to the finals and getting a ring were actually simply to none! check the betting odds before the season for future reference.

we had a kobe less lakers in 1st round, a scary but young warriors team in 2nd round, and a relatively weak memphis team compare to what okc with westbrook would have been in the wcf, so a lot had to happen for us to even get here

cant ask for much more!

boga
06-14-2013, 11:22 AM
spurs have always been a championship contender. don't underestimate your team

deibero
06-14-2013, 11:24 AM
spurs have always been a championship contender. don't underestimate your team

of course they are and im not. it just that with the new era of the super teams its a great accomplishment for us being the way we are bult to be in this position man

boga
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
of course they are and im not. it just that with the new era of the super teams its a great accomplishment for us being the way we are bult to be in this position man

i got your point but i'd prefer a young and talented team for my bulls to face. not an experienced one. you're in finals, anything can happen.