PDA

View Full Version : FEMA Denies Aid to West, Texas

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
FEMA is refusing to provide money to help rebuild West, Texas. The small Texas town was devastated when a deadly fertilizer plant explosion destroyed numerous homes and killed 15 people.

FEMA’s response to the request for financial assistance says that the explosion is “not of the severity and magnitude that warrants a major disaster declaration.”

West, Texas First Responder Arrested for Possession of Explosive Device

In a memorial service for the first responders who died in the blast, President Obama said, “We will be there even after the cameras leave and after the attention turns elsewhere. Your country will remain ever ready to help you recover and rebuild and reclaim your community.”

Individuals who live in West, Texas have been getting money from FEMA but the mayor of the town said that $57 million is needed to fix roads, a sewage system, and a school.

Read more: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/06/12/fema-refuses-provide-aid-rebuild-west-texas-after-deadly-fertilizer-plant-explosion#ixzz2WD0LBFJj

Bet if this was in Chicago this would not even be a issue,

boutons_deux
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Hey, Texian RickyBobby, how's that secession working out for ya? :lol

TX hates Big Govt, except when TX loves to import Out-of-State Tax Payers' $Bs

TeyshaBlue
06-14-2013, 11:50 AM
lol simpleton.

TeyshaBlue
06-14-2013, 11:51 AM
As if Texans taxes dont get pulled into FEMA funding. Fucking idiot.

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Hey, Texian RickyBobby, how's that secession working out for ya? :lol

TX hates Big Govt, except when TX loves to import Out-of-State Tax Payers' $Bs

boutons you are really not worth it.

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 11:52 AM

No joke. Bouton I am curious what state you live in?

TeyshaBlue
06-14-2013, 11:56 AM
In the end, West will be fine if Gov GoodHair stops grandstanding and pulls some funds out of the budget surplus.

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 11:57 AM
In the end, West will be fine if Gov GoodHair stops grandstanding and pulls some funds out of the budget surplus.

I think he will. Good Hair that is funny.

Winehole23
06-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Bet if this was in Chicago this would not even be a issue,FEMA has provided plenty of help to West, Texas already, but has determined the explosion was not a major disaster, as it often does when the event is not natural in cause, nor regional in impact.

Your resentment of the counterfactual is showing. You want an activist government to fix it out of the goodness of their hearts, for the good people in West who are still recovering from it. Right?

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 12:05 PM
FEMA has provided plenty of help to West, Texas already, but has determined the explosion was not a major disaster, as it often does when the event is not natural in cause, nor regional in impact.

Your resentment of the counterfactual is showing. You want an activist government to fix it out of the goodness of their hearts, for the good people in West who are still recovering from it. Right?

Just showing that FEMA picks and chooses who they help,

Winehole23
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
of course they do, silly.

boutons_deux
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
FEMA said the agency and the US Small Business Administration have approved more than $7 million in aid and low-interest loans to West residents impacted by the blast, which killed 15 people. FEMA also is paying 75 percent of the costs of debris removal and will reimburse the state and the municipality for the initial emergency response.

While the ruling means that residents won’t get as much assistance as is typically given to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters, it isn’t unprecedented. FEMA has turned down that level of assistance for emergencies not stemming from natural disasters before, such as in 2010 when officials denied a request for millions in aid after a gas pipeline explosion in northern California.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2013/0613/FEMA-denies-disaster-funds-for-West-Texas.-Is-that-unusual?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feeds%2Fcsm+%28Christian+Scie nce+Monitor+|+All+Stories%29

Th'Pusher
06-14-2013, 12:35 PM
:lol

George Gervin's Afro
06-14-2013, 12:59 PM

honey boo boo ain't the brightest dude..lol

boutons_deux
06-14-2013, 01:17 PM
not to waste another thread on the whiny, "proud" RickyBobby

Texas Gov. Rick Perry: Americans have no right to freedom from religion
“I’m proud we are standing up for religious freedom in our state,” Perry said. “Freedom of religion doesn’t mean freedom from religion.”

The new law states that students and school officials have the right to use religious greetings like “Merry Christmas” and display various religious holiday symbols on school grounds.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/13/texas-gov-rick-perry-americans-have-no-right-to-freedom-from-religion/

RickyBobby preaching to his TX choir of ignorant, intolerant "Christian" supremacist bubbas and shitkickers.

TeyshaBlue
06-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Thx for wasting space in this thead.

boutons_deux
06-14-2013, 01:46 PM
TB :lol cowardly and coy as ever! :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
They don't need Barry's help. God will rebuild the land.

TeyshaBlue
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
TB :lol cowardly and coy as ever! :lol

croutons:lol cowardly and bitch-slapped as ever! :lol

Th'Pusher
06-14-2013, 07:53 PM
They don't need Barry's help. God will rebuild the land.

Think you meant to use Santorum...

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I just think if it was in Chicago or New Orleans FEMA would give them the cash. That is all.

Drachen
06-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Since you made this claim, find another small disaster like this that received significantly more help from fema than west already had given them

Drachen
06-14-2013, 09:29 PM
I mean, you've gotta be right. Shit, that liberal commie bastion of Joplin got fema cash last year

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 09:56 PM
I mean, you've gotta be right. Shit, that liberal commie bastion of Joplin got fema cash last year

Live by Joplin and that place is a gay bastion not commie,:lol

angrydude
06-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Pretty sure homeowners insurance will cover the bulk of what they need.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Live by Joplin and that place is a gay bastion not commie,:lolThere is no questioning your knowledge of gay bastions.

And lol Perry. Secession would have cleared this all up immediately.

DMX7
06-16-2013, 10:47 AM

That's true, but if Texas really were its own country, is there any doubt that no Texas version of FEMA would exist?

TeyshaBlue
06-16-2013, 12:10 PM
That's true, but if Texas really were its own country, is there any doubt that no Texas version of FEMA would exist?

I'm sure there's no doubt on your mind.

DMX7
06-16-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm sure there's no doubt on your mind.

If there were any doubt in your mind, you probably would have said so instead of just deflecting and repeating what I said tbh...

TeyshaBlue
06-16-2013, 08:19 PM
If there were any doubt in your mind, you probably would have said so instead of just deflecting and repeating what I said tbh...

Get a grownup to read post #7 in this thread to you.

RandomGuy
06-18-2013, 12:41 PM

what budget surplus?

Texas doens't really have any.

TeyshaBlue
06-18-2013, 12:45 PM
what budget surplus?

Texas doens't really have any.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/us/texas-budget-surplus-proves-as-contentious-as-a-previous-shortfall.html?_r=0
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/01/the-return-of-state-surpluses-could-point-to-more-growth-to-come.html
http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/texas-has-unexpected-88-billion-surplus

boutons_deux
06-18-2013, 12:54 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/us/texas-budget-surplus-proves-as-contentious-as-a-previous-shortfall.html?_r=0
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/01/the-return-of-state-surpluses-could-point-to-more-growth-to-come.html
http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/texas-has-unexpected-88-billion-surplus

... from the savings not invested in student education

http://247wallst.com/2013/05/31/states-that-spend-the-most-on-education/4/

and not helping Texas poor with health and neonatal care.

RickyBobby wants to "spend" the surplus on more tax cuts to wealthy and corps

pgardn
06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Also Call Perry a Frkn idiot for not taking federal money for so many things.

So he is going to make another run for president so he can stand on his own saying we refused 500 billion from the Feds. Our taxpayers will foot the bill Rick, you blithering idiot. Poor people will invariably show up at county hospitals and cannot be denied care. Yet we already paid federal money for this purpose so we get taxed twice? Just watch what happens to Bexar county hospital taxes. Thank you Rick. If our State did not have so much mineral wealth, this clown would be so out on the streets.

Rick Perry, doing his best to eliminate the middle class.

TeyshaBlue
06-18-2013, 01:09 PM
... from the savings not invested in student education

http://247wallst.com/2013/05/31/states-that-spend-the-most-on-education/4/

and not helping Texas poor with health and neonatal care.

RickyBobby wants to "spend" the surplus on more tax cuts to wealthy and corps

No, the surplus is not a result of reduced spending on education. Get a grownup to read my links to you.
There's lots of stuff for GoodHair to spend on, probably need to put MHMR on that list as well.

TeyshaBlue
06-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Also Call Perry a Frkn idiot for not taking federal money for so many things.

So he is going to make another run for president so he can stand on his own saying we refused 500 billion from the Feds. Our taxpayers will foot the bill Rick, you blithering idiot. Poor people will invariably show up at county hospitals and cannot be denied care. Yet we already paid federal money for this purpose so we get taxed twice? Just watch what happens to Bexar county hospital taxes. Thank you Rick. If our State did not have so much mineral wealth, this clown would be so out on the streets.

Rick Perry, doing his best to eliminate the middle class.

Perry will not run for the Presidency again.
And I agree with the premise that if we didn't have oil revenue, no way Perry would still be in office.

boutons_deux
06-18-2013, 01:14 PM
There's lots of stuff for GoodHair to spend on

he won't replace the school spending cuts of a few years ago.

he'll spend on "tax expenditures" luring companies, like gun mfrs, to TX, which almost never pay back to the state or municipality all of the taxes foregone to land them.

pgardn
06-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Perry will not run for the Presidency again.
And I agree with the premise that if we didn't have oil revenue, no way Perry would still be in office.

I can see no other reason to refuse Federal money that Texans have already paid into.

It defies explanation in my mind. I can't come up with anything else.

TeyshaBlue
06-18-2013, 01:19 PM
There likely won't be much movement on appropriating education funds, outside of formulaic increases, until a new funding system is built.

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/04/171113168/judge-rules-texas-school-funding-method-unconstitutional

TeyshaBlue
06-18-2013, 01:20 PM
I can see no other reason to refuse Federal money that Texans have already paid into.

It defies explanation in my mind. I can't come up with anything else.

His pandering to the Tea Party types is the most likely explanation. Once you lie down in that bed, them fleas are hard to shake off.

TeyshaBlue
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
he won't replace the school spending cuts of a few years ago.

he'll spend on "tax expenditures" luring companies, like gun mfrs, to TX, which almost never pay back to the state or municipality all of the taxes foregone to land them.

Show me the research for your last statement. I'm pretty sure that on balance, once payroll and employment is factored in, that you are probably mistaken by a couple orders of magnitude.

pgardn
06-18-2013, 01:26 PM
No, the surplus is not a result of reduced spending on education. Get a grownup to read my links to you.
There's lots of stuff for GoodHair to spend on, probably need to put MHMR on that list as well.

Perry and the legislature were on a binge testing diet. They were going to spend money on 15 different tests for students to graduate. With the parental uproar, they peeled it back to 5. How about one that is already taken OUTSIDE of school time. A minimal level SAT score. It's a Frkn no brainer. Perry is in bed with testing companies and so is the legislature, both parties.