PDA

View Full Version : It's not over!

Knoxxx
06-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Any Spurs fan throwing in the towel right now is worthless and no fan at all tbh. Seriously we beat this team already at their place and by 36 damn points! Keep the faith or find a new team we don't need you!

BillMc
06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Agreed. We're 2-2 in the NBA Finals. It's a pretty good place to be!!:toast

RD2191
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Was it over when Romo threw an interception against the Redskins in the season finale?!?......wait.....nvm.

JRHernandez88
:lol

Juggity
Any Spurs fan throwing in the towel right now is worthless and no fan at all tbh. Seriously we beat this team already at their place and by 36 damn points! Keep the faith or find a new team we don't need you!

Squandering an opportunity like last night's game is a decent justification for despair, tbh. In the finals, every game matters. Every win and loss is a momentum shift. And the fact that the Heat's big 3 have started hitting their shots does not bode well for the Spurs' chances.

BillMc
06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

It's not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no!!

RD2191
06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
I honestly don't see why people talk shit if some posters lose faith. We lose faith because of what we're seeing game to game. How does picking the Spurs to lose a series like timvp and many others make them any better than people who lose faith during the series? Basically giving the Spurs no chance before the series starts somehow makes you a better fan?

Knoxxx
06-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Squandering an opportunity like last night's game is a decent justification for despair, tbh. In the finals, every game matters. Every win and loss is a momentum shift. And the fact that the Heat's big 3 have started hitting their shots does not bode well for the Spurs' chances.

Exactly the type of BS I was talking about, right on cue thanks! Looked like Heat exhausted their lucky shot quotient to me, and a little stronger effort by the Spurs should get the job done next game. Give me 3 more stops on defense, and 3 more baskets, and we are right back to even. It's really a very small incremental difference over the course of a full game.

Juggity
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Exactly the type of BS I was talking about, right on cue thanks! Looked like Heat exhausted their lucky shot quotient to me, and a little stronger effort by the Spurs should get the job done next game. Give me 3 more stops on defense, and 3 more baskets, and we are right back to even. It's really a very small incremental difference over the course of a full game.

Want to explain the concept of a "lucky shot quotient"? Good players hit difficult shots. Great players hit easy ones. The Heat got a lot of easy ones last night and a few hard ones.

I want the spurs to win as much as anyone, but they aren't going to win by default. They have to take the Heat out of their game again.

Poolboy5623
So if your not a "homer," your not a worthy fan? I don't soak the message boards with depressing comments after a loss, but I've lost faith in the spurs chances, after last night..doesn't make me less of a fan..just a more realistic one.

mencken

All 3 of them played well and the Spurs still managed to keep it close. The good news is, the Heat aren't likely to get that kind of production from Bosh and Wade the rest of the way.

Why are we acting like Wade is back when he's only had 2 good games in these last two series?

Knoxxx
06-14-2013, 12:43 PM
I honestly don't see why people talk shit if some posters lose faith. We lose faith because of what we're seeing game to game. How does picking the Spurs to lose a series like timvp and many others make them any better than people who lose faith during the series? Basically giving the Spurs no chance before the series starts somehow makes you a better fan?

I stated my rationale, we won at their place and also handed them one of the worst beat downs in finals history. Under those circumstances, no true fan is justified to throw in the towel until this series is over and we actually happen to lose it.

Poolboy5623
06-14-2013, 12:45 PM
The heat have had their backs against the wall, twice in this series...and have won, convincingly, both times...when both teams play their hardest, the heat are better..it's that simple.

Knoxxx
06-14-2013, 12:47 PM
So if your not a "homer," your not a worthy fan? I don't soak the message boards with depressing comments after a loss, but I've lost faith in the spurs chances, after last night..doesn't make me less of a fan..just a more realistic one.

I stated my rationale. Calling someone a homer for simply believing their team can do again what they have already done (win 2 games in this series) is weak.

The chodes on here saying Spurs have lost are just doing that as a coping mechanism if that actually happens. I get that, but reserve the right to call you out as a bunch of big fat pussies for it!

RD2191
06-14-2013, 12:50 PM
I stated my rationale. Calling someone a homer for simply believing their team can do again what they have already done (win 2 games in this series) is weak.

The chodes on here saying Spurs have lost are just doing that as a coping mechanism if that actually happens. I get that, but reserve the right to call you out as a bunch of big fat pussies for it!

Ok, so any Spurfan who picked Miami to win the series is a pussy?

superbigtime
06-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I think anyone who would be told at the beginning of the season that the Spurs would be tied 2-2 in the Finals would be pretty stoked. It's a good position to be in of course, but the blown opportunities and the shit play of a couple South Americans has spurs fans nervous as a cat and very disheartened, me included. If Manu could turn it around he would have by now. If Spurs play hard and Miami doesn't, we win. If both teams play hard, well, ...

Poolboy5623
06-14-2013, 12:57 PM

They haven't beat Miami when the real pressure is on, and they are playing aggressively...they look defeated and old In those games and if you can't see that ...or you do but are in denial..well then I'd say you're a big, fat pussy.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-14-2013, 01:03 PM

I'm in!

Knoxxx
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Ok, so any Spurfan who picked Miami to win the series is a pussy?

I don't see a need to rehash original predictions. I am speaking relative to where we are now, 2-2. No reason at all to throw in the towel in a series that will at least go to 6 games, especially with our proven and demonstrated ability to a) win at Miami, and b) blow the Heat out in our house.

While I would be less optimistic should we lose again at home, the fat lady sings when a team wins 4 games and not a moment before.

Knoxxx
06-14-2013, 01:08 PM
They haven't beat Miami when the real pressure is on, and they are playing aggressively...they look defeated and old In those games and if you can't see that ...or you do but are in denial..well then I'd say you're a big, fat pussy.

The Spurs bandwagon is still moving forward in full force, only big fat pussies would jump off now! Guess you missed games 1 & 3, bummer for ya!

Brazil
06-14-2013, 02:12 PM
It is

Sean Cagney
06-14-2013, 02:18 PM

It's not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no!!

Some pull this out every year, it usually turns into a loss for us after this joke :( I hope it is not over though, we have atleast two games left and hopefully we can win Sunday and then see from there.

Poolboy5623
06-14-2013, 05:05 PM
The Spurs bandwagon is still moving forward in full force, only big fat pussies would jump off now! Guess you missed games 1 & 3, bummer for ya!

I watch every spurs game...in this series I've noticed, when Miami is less agressive, the spurs have a good chance. However, when Miami flips the switch, the spurs look old and cannot keep up. I think the spurs can win game 5 but I don't see them winning in Miami again.

99 Problems
06-14-2013, 05:22 PM
LBJ and Dwade had to play like it was 1999 to beat us, they not gunna pull that off shite for 2/3 more in a row.

I'm tipping Dwade knee so stiff this mornen he not able to move it.

Russ
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM

Or as that legendary Miami (of course) Hurricane lineman Jerome Brown said at the 1987 Fiesta Bowl dinner with Penn State's team when Brown led a walkout by the Miami players --

"Did the Japanese go sit down and have dinner with Pearl Harbor before they bombed them?"

What would Western civilization, education, and culture be without Miami? :lol