PDA

View Full Version : Only people that should be untouchable after this year are....

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 07:04 PM
R.C. Buford...Popovich...Tim Duncan...Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard. Thats it. If doing a sign and trade with Splitter nets us something better...do it....package Green or Neal with it while their stock is high. In no way shape or form should we re-sign Manu....I dont care if its for 1 mil/yr. He is more of a liabilty than an asset at this point. Also dump Blair and Bonner...enough is enough. I'm still not sold on Baynes but I am willing to say keep him because the kid will be more physical in the paint that MRS. Splitter.

celldweller
06-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Green ain't going nowhere!! He's only going to get better!

m33p0
06-14-2013, 07:08 PM
blair and bonner, yes. neal, yes. splitter? only if we get something better. green? only if we get something really better. not resigning manu? not letting him retire as a spur will curse us forever. the curse of patrick ewing is real!

weebo
06-14-2013, 07:11 PM
R.C. Buford...Popovich...Tim Duncan...Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard. Thats it. If doing a sign and trade with Splitter nets us something better...do it....package Green or Neal with it while their stock is high. In no way shape or form should we re-sign Manu....I dont care if its for 1 mil/yr. He is more of a liabilty than an asset at this point. Also dump Blair and Bonner...enough is enough. I'm still not sold on Baynes but I am willing to say keep him because the kid will be more physical in the paint that MRS. Splitter.

Yes because you know better...

Budkin
06-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Green must stay.

Spursmania
06-14-2013, 07:16 PM
After Green has proven himself in the finals AT Miami which is very difficult and here at home under the bright lights, we should let him go? You're Cray Cray...
Hell, Pops favorite Georgey Hill still can't perform well on the road in big games. This experience for Green at 23 is invaluable making him a worthy asset to keep for the Spurs. So he too should stay.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Manu must and will stay

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Sentimentally is a downfall. Lakers are about to find that out with Kobe saying he wants two more cracks at wining a title and destroying their 2014 plan. Green should be traded because his stock is at an all time high....I guess some of you dont remember how he was our weakest link in the starting line up all season long. Manu should be done and the Spurs shouldnt be foolish about re-signing him.

DMX7
06-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Manu must and will stay

Must? No...

DMX7
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM
The only untouchables should be Duncan, Leonard, Green & Parker.

Juggity
06-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Green is damn valuable and on pace to set a finals record for 3 pointers. Can't see any reason to part with him now. Good attitude. Hustle player. Young guy. Willing to work on his game.

Juggity
06-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Manu must and will stay

Manu must retire or take a massive pay cut

TrainOfThought5
06-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Manu must retire or take a massive pay cut

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2013, 08:06 PM
The only untouchables should be Duncan, Leonard, Green & Parker.This. Go after DH12, Al Jefferson, David West, Nick Pecovic, Damarcus Cousins, or JJ Hickson. Everyone else dump, trade, or get rid of.

I'm still not sure about Gary Neal. Depending on how he performs the rest of the finals and wether he's a key player if the Spurs win it all. You know like if he continutes to make big shots or hits every open three that he shoots. These finals experience that he's getting are very valuable to him.

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm not sold on Green...no way. I would love to trade him with his stock this high. He is 25 and barely averaging 13 points/gm as a SG. He has one good game in the Finals and some of my fellow Spurs fans think he is untouchable. I hope other teams GM's think the same way and offer a huge trade for him. He is a weak link. i think over his career in the NBA..he averages 13 points in the regular season and 8 points in the playoffs. LMAO....I'll gladly trade that for an upgrade while his stock is high.

Big Empty
06-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Green is cheap to keep you dont trade him. Manu is having a bad series but im not ready to give up on him yet. He can still play defense and is a great passer (even though hes made some big mistakes lately). He can still drive to the hole and score. You cant replace his heart and drive. He's a winner. Even though he is older for 3-5 million hes worth the money. Their big 3 score 85 points and we turned the ball over a ton. I know Manu is responsible for 3 or 4 of those but but im not ready to place all the blame on him. We are playing the best finals team we've ever played and are older. Tim Duncan also has struggled. We go with our guns in crunch time. Duncan, Manu, Parker, Green, Kawhi. Til the wheels fall off baby!

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 08:15 PM
You trade a guy like Green with a signed Splitter and Neal and two first round picks for a monster like DeMarcus Cousins.

spursince#99
06-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Duncan Parker Kawhi Green & unfortunately Manu Ginobili

T Park
06-14-2013, 08:20 PM
More hot air bloviating from Internet morons.

3 Legged Dog
06-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Not sold on Baynes? He would be giving us a lot more, in this finals, that Tiago Shitter. He is infinitely stronger, has athletic ability, boxes out like his life depends on it and refuses to be pushed around. You cannot say any of those things about Shitter, Boner, Meow or the Blair with project.

ironman2886
06-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Manu needs to retire. Sorry, but he's a very old 35. He has played his heart out every night since his teens, and it has caught up. Parker, Duncan, kawhi, and Green are safe. Not sure about the rest.

Brunodf
06-14-2013, 08:55 PM
TD/RC/Coach Bud tbh

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Green is not untouchable. He is exactly a trade asset to get rid of while the value is at an all time high. SG's come a dime a dozen...and Green is in the lower half in the NBA. Why act like he is a piece to build around?

Stabula
06-14-2013, 09:07 PM
This off-season seems like a great time to sell Neal to the highest bidder now that the league thinks he's such a hot shooter. I wouldn't want to part with Green unless we got something really good because he still has room to grow. If Green could consistently create his own shot and learn to handle the ball better he would be elite. I like Splitter and 70% chance of the Spurs keeping him and hopefully not for too much money after his shitty performance this post-season. I hope Manu retires even if he still has gas in the tank. Spurs need to learn to live without Manu, the days are numbered.

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree, Stabula...100%

BigVee
06-14-2013, 09:16 PM
More hot air bloviating from Internet morons.

No kidding. Good thing none of these guys are the GM. Talk about clueless.

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 09:23 PM
No kidding. Good thing none of these guys are the GM. Talk about clueless.

Tell us, Genius...what would you do? Or are you to scared to have a stance?

jesterbobman
06-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I love how people who want to get rid of Green because he's in the bottom half of the NBA never bring up the list of SG.

I can see Kobe, Wade, Harden ahead, probably some guys like Iguodala if he's counted as a SG. But it's not a long list.

HemisfairArena
06-14-2013, 09:36 PM
I love how people who want to get rid of Green because he's in the bottom half of the NBA never bring up the list of SG.

I can see Kobe, Wade, Harden ahead, probably some guys like Iguodala if he's counted as a SG. But it's not a long list.

I'm gonna really throw Green fans for a loop...would you say Green or Manu is more important to the Spurs?

Chinook
06-14-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm gonna really throw Green fans for a loop...would you say Green or Manu is more important to the Spurs?

That's a hard question to answer. With a healthy Ginobili but no Green, the Spurs may be a better match for Miami (May, because Ginobili is not the shooter Green is). But the Spurs would have had a harder time against Golden State without Green.

The Spurs' starting unit is better with Green, and Parker especially is better, so I'd say that he is more important than Ginobili at this point. Hell, there may not be a two-guard in the league that's a better fit next to Parker than Green.

Kidd K
06-14-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't agree that Green should be traded. He is and will be cheap and is both young and very good. There is zero reason to trade the guy imo. Fuck what his stock is worth and what you can get for it. I like what he brings to the team, I don't want to dump a defensive-minded guy who has developed into one of the most deadly 3pt shooters in the NBA who is also clutch as fuck now.

What we need most is to upgrade from Manu. And no, I'm not a Manu hater. I used to almost like him as much as I did Tim Duncan. Whether its injuries or just age, it's clear he's done right now. Replacing what Manu used to bring will be next to impossible, but upgrading from what he does now will not be difficult at all.

armynick23
06-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Here is my two cents for the offseason. First sign free-agent Josh Smith, Corey brewer, and draft a young Shooting Guard.

m33p0
06-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Green is not untouchable. He is exactly a trade asset to get rid of while the value is at an all time high. SG's come a dime a dozen...and Green is in the lower half in the NBA. Why act like he is a piece to build around?

this is nba basketball not trading cards.

Mr Bones
06-14-2013, 10:55 PM
What's with all the DeMarcus Cousins love in this thread? The guy is a one man franchise wrecking crew.

ElNono
06-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Manu will likely be offered a 2 year deal after all other transactions are done with (unless he decides to hang them up, unlikely at this point).

Doesn't really matter what y'all think about this, Pop understands he's a big part of the team, as he has stated plenty of times.

ElNono
06-14-2013, 11:06 PM

You know you gotta match salaries, right? Green is on a very modest deal (about $3.7m/year). Who are you thinking of getting for that kind of money?

EIC
06-14-2013, 11:22 PM

QFT.

Chinook
06-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Manu will likely be offered a 2 year deal after all other transactions are done with (unless he decides to hang them up, unlikely at this point).

Doesn't really matter what y'all think about this, Pop understands he's a big part of the team, as he has stated plenty of times.

I agree the Spurs will look to re-sign him, but I also think they'll try to move away from depending on him to be healthy and play well. He's a big part of what the team is now, and to be honest, that's not very good at all. They need someone else to play Ginobili's old role and just take what Manu gives them as gravy. Maybe De Colo locks himself in the gym and becomes that guy. Maybe Tyreek Evans is that guy. Hell, maybe Carlos Boozer is that guy. But right now, the Spurs can't keep acting like Ginobili is that guy. It's not fair to him to keep putting him in that position when they've gotten Duncan and Parker help recently (Splitter and Green).

You know you gotta match salaries, right? Green is on a very modest deal (about $3.7m/year). Who are you thinking of getting for that kind of money?

Depends on the cap situation. If the Spurs are under the cap, they don't have to match salaries. They could trade Green for Horford of Josh Smith if they renounce Splitter.

Spurs9
06-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Agree 100% What does Horfords salary with the Hawks look like?

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I don't agree that Green should be traded. He is and will be cheap and is both young and very good. There is zero reason to trade the guy imo. Fuck what his stock is worth and what you can get for it. I like what he brings to the team, I don't want to dump a defensive-minded guy who has developed into one of the most deadly 3pt shooters in the NBA who is also clutch as fuck now.

What we need most is to upgrade from Manu. And no, I'm not a Manu hater. I used to almost like him as much as I did Tim Duncan. Whether its injuries or just age, it's clear he's done right now. Replacing what Manu used to bring will be next to impossible, but upgrading from what he does now will not be difficult at all.I know the perfect replacement for Manu. This person is also a restricted free agent. His name is Jarret Jack. The guy is not a kid anymore and I'm pretty sure he wants to win a ring. Why not go after him? Make some cap space.

Chinook
06-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Agree 100% What does Horfords salary with the Hawks look like?

He's owed $12 Million for each of the next three seasons after this one.

Baam
06-14-2013, 11:51 PM

The thing is he's perfect to play next to TP and TP loves him. I'm not one of his biggest fans because he can't drive and if the defense starts focusing on him he can't do shit but I think he's pretty much untouchable unless something ridiculous is on the table.

The only scenario I could imagine is if they're confident Reddick wants to sign here and they get a great big in the deal or great pick in 2014 since it's such a strong draft.

ElNono
06-14-2013, 11:53 PM
If the Spurs are under the cap, they don't have to match salaries.

That's right. It's been a while since we've been below the salary cap.

TheGoldStandard
06-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Danny Green has found his balls and he's doing it on "The Big Stage" He's proven his worth and he will stay a Spur because he will only get better. He's been pretty solid the entire series and I see it carrying over. The Spurs won't rock the boat, they'll evaluate what's out there and just make tiny adjustments. I can't see Dwight Howard coming here.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Hell, there may not be a two-guard in the league that's a better fit next to Parker than Green.

I'm inclined to say Klay Thompson.

Sean Cagney
06-15-2013, 12:28 AM

If he heals from that injury is dealing with this year late he is a big part of the team I agree.

Cklbmk
06-15-2013, 12:55 AM
keep duncan, parker, kawhi, offer manu 2mil~, keep nando, baynes

Green depends what his value becomes tbh.

Like if we could trade him for something good then we have to take a strong look at it. He's on such a good contract that he might actually get some real value. A Bonner/Green package could save the other team a lot of $$

DMC
06-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Stupid thread.

Spurs don't blow the team up ever. They move slow, despite all the chicken little demands from the peanut gallery. They will take character guys who have shown the ability to be coached and to improve their games over guys that didn't work out for other teams for lack of the same things, regardless of their hops or whatever. Unless KD or Brook Lopez comes available, we need to stick with what we have since it got us this far. Blowing it up just resets you and now your older guys are stuck on a rebuilding team. There will be time for that later.

ElNono
06-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Stupid thread.

Spurs don't blow the team up ever. They move slow, despite all the chicken little demands from the peanut gallery. They will take character guys who have shown the ability to be coached and to improve their games over guys that didn't work out for other teams for lack of the same things, regardless of their hops or whatever. Unless KD or Brook Lopez comes available, we need to stick with what we have since it got us this far. Blowing it up just resets you and now your older guys are stuck on a rebuilding team. There will be time for that later.

Especially with Tim under contract for one more year.

DMC
06-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Especially with Tim under contract for one more year.

Plus this team more than probably any other in the league relies on gate receipts. No one will buy season tickets to see a group of new faces. SA is about having the same people all the time and win or lose with them.

Rapper
06-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Emanuel David Ginóbili

Hope him can bring us back to the finals next season for paying back us not to trade him out in this summer

FkLA
06-15-2013, 03:33 AM
No, the only players who are untouchable are the people the Spurs organization decides are untouchable after a deep, Finals run. Not the players a dumbass on ST decides are untouchable.

FkLA
06-15-2013, 03:36 AM
I mean seriously what kind of retarded fans decide 90% of the roster should be movable after being tied 2-2 in the Finals? :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2013, 04:04 AM
I'm not a huge Danny Green fan and I don't think his ceiling is notably higher than his current level, but trading him would be foolish:lol..he's an elite spot-up shooter and an above average defensive player..how many players in the NBA are great shooters + capable defenders?..Green, Klay Thompson, Durant?..The list isn't long, tbh..

The Spurs won't make any major moves..I expect both Splitter and Ginobili to return, tbh..

The biggest difference next year will be Pop implementing Kawhi as an offensive staple and finally running a substantial amount of plays for him, tbh..

smaka
06-15-2013, 04:06 AM
No way, trading Green away would be one of the stupidest things.
Why? He showed a lot of improvement since last year, remember WCF vs OKC? Yeah, me too. He shot 43% on threes this season, and his postseason run has been amazing so far. Not only 7/9 performance, but he hit a couple of pretty clutch threes that were important for Spurs so they won the game. He is one of the best defensive players on our roster. Plus, 3 years/11.2 M $ is a steal IMO.

Tbh.

FkLA
06-15-2013, 04:20 AM
Im still trying to grasp how 90% of a roster is movable after being tied in the Finals 2-2. Jesus christ spurfan is retarded, why yall gotta make us Mexicans look so bad tbh. :lol

DMX7
06-15-2013, 04:20 AM
QFT.

Paint ya face, clown.

Mouth is Bleeding
06-15-2013, 04:27 AM
I mean seriously what kind of retarded fans decide 90% of the roster should be movable after being tied 2-2 in the Finals? :lol

It's amazing.

TampaDude
06-15-2013, 08:49 AM

Not only that, 2-2 as the underdog. Don't forget that Miami is the prohibitive favorite to win the title this year. The fact that we've won 2 games so far is awesome!

EIC
06-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Paint ya face, clown.

Como?

Gagnrath
06-15-2013, 09:02 AM
90% isn't ready to be traded or dealt, about 65% is and that's if you consider the roster to be about 18 players when in the league only guarantees 14. (I'm letting some spots for people bouncing between the d-league and people who's rights are owned and are playing in other leagues.

Untouchable, Duncan, Leonard, Parker and Green is 4 only reason Green really is untouchable is due to his contract value. Manu the spurs only rights to are bird rights, an organization the spurs tell him he has a place with the spurs for a low set price (about 125% of vets min),and tell him that price will be available as long as he wants it. He is free to test the waters somewhere else and that it is up to him.

Splitter, in this and other series he's come up missing, when he has been there he's still not been big. He isn't an above average defensive starter and he's efficient pick and rolls that are ineptly guarded with little else. He only comes back for the right price but someone else will over pay him.

I like Diaw he's a pretty good value I don't know how things will work after his amnesty money ends but I can see him staying about as long as parker since they are friends and play well together.

Neal is definitely an asset but its also a contract year his staying or going is on him and what is offered, he can get a longer deal from a sign and trade but its not a huge advantage one way or the other.