PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Heat just did what they were supposed to do

SpursDynasty
06-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Yes, you read correctly. The Heat just did what they were supposed to do in Game 4. After losing 113-77 on the NBA's biggest stage, the Heat responded like everyone expected them to. All they did was come out and make shots. No one expected the Heat to lay down and give away the game. They lost by 36 and responded by winning by 16. No big deal. The Spurs did not get blown out. They competed at a high level.

The reason I'm not impressed with the Heat is that they remain a jump shooting team. Them winning games depends on making shots. What happens if the shots don't go in? Then what? The Heat have no inside game. They are like the Suns and Mavericks of the early 2000's. Jump shooting teams don't win championships. Dwayne Wade is basically the late 90's Sacramento Jason Williams. Highlight plays every now and then. Chris Bosh is a poor man's Kevin Garnett. Lebron James, if on the 90's Bulls, is Tony Kukoc. I did not see Lebron, Wade, or Bosh REALLY take over the game, as in driving the ball inside, getting to the free throw line, intimidating the other team. It was all jump shots that went in. This is not an intimidating team. They have been outplayed ever since reaching the ECF's.

As the Spurs prepare to wrap up this championship, there should be no trashtalking by the Spurs fans. The Spurs are the heavy favorites in the series. The Heat should just be happy to be in the Finals, as they are only the 4th or 5th best team in the East. The Heat should not be acting like they are supposed to win this series. I'd build a franchise around Danny Green or Gary Neal before LeBron.

I'd even say that I'd take Green/Neal over Jordan to build a team around.

Spurs9
06-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes, you read correctly. The Heat just did what they were supposed to do in Game 4. After losing 113-77 on the NBA's biggest stage, the Heat responded like everyone expected them to. All they did was come out and make shots. No one expected the Heat to lay down and give away the game. They lost by 36 and responded by winning by 16. No big deal. The Spurs did not get blown out. They competed at a high level.

The reason I'm not impressed with the Heat is that they remain a jump shooting team. Them winning games depends on making shots. What happens if the shots don't go in? Then what? The Heat have no inside game. They are like the Suns and Mavericks of the early 2000's. Jump shooting teams don't win championships. Dwayne Wade is basically the late 90's Sacramento Jason Williams. Highlight plays every now and then. Chris Bosh is a poor man's Kevin Garnett. Lebron James, if on the 90's Bulls, is Tony Kukoc. I did not see Lebron, Wade, or Bosh REALLY take over the game, as in driving the ball inside, getting to the free throw line, intimidating the other team. It was all jump shots that went in. This is not an intimidating team. They have been outplayed ever since reaching the ECF's.

As the Spurs prepare to wrap up this championship, there should be no trashtalking by the Spurs fans. The Spurs are the heavy favorites in the series. The Heat should just be happy to be in the Finals, as they are only the 4th or 5th best team in the East. The Heat should not be acting like they are supposed to win this series. I'd build a franchise around Danny Green or Gary Neal before LeBron.

I'm sorry but :lmao :lmao

But tbh Heat really stepped it up, and we had 20 turnovers. Suprising we didn't lose by more

DMC
06-15-2013, 12:02 AM
OP went a little to deep on that last bit. Otherwise a decent attempt.

Phillip
06-15-2013, 12:08 AM

:rollin now this is a classic spursdynasty line

unfortunately, this is where you can see that spursdynasty is a TOSB. occasional flashes of brilliance from his prime, but generally not the same product he once was. still the GOAT of spurstalk imo

ElNono
06-15-2013, 01:33 AM
OP putting in work, recognize.

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Dat last line. Wow.

playbonner15
06-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Spursdynasty dropping truth bombs :lmao

FkLA
06-15-2013, 05:59 AM
:lmao Gary balls of steel Neal>Jordan

Calispursfan11
06-15-2013, 06:04 AM
LeBron = Kukoc and Wade = White Chocolate? Haven't heard det one tbh :lol I'll take it tho if it gets the Spurs a win.

Rogue
06-15-2013, 09:20 AM
It might be just me but I think the Spurs had already given out their last fight in game 3. It was an epic win which they can feel proud of, but the Heat have taken the momentum back in their way with the victory of game 4. Game 5 will be the last chance for spurs to win one more game in this series, in other words, the Heat will end up winning the series no matter the Spurs win game 5 or not. The result of game 5 will only decide how long the series will run, 6 or 7 games, but will make no change to whom the winner will be imho

Legacy
06-15-2013, 09:25 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/NrgNl2C.gif

Phillip
06-16-2013, 11:06 AM
:lmao Gary balls of steel Neal>Jordan

you might actually be stupid enough to believe this

Banzai
06-16-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/tumblr_lkn3geyaep1qh3tf2o1_400.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5906)