PDA

View Full Version : NBA: What if Sabonis joined the Blazers in the late 80's (political reasons) ?

lefty
06-14-2013, 11:21 PM
A much younger, healthier, more mobile Sabonis, with his amazing court vision, with that stacked Blazers team

MJ's legacy :lol
Phil :lol

baseline bum
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Portland would have probably eaten up one of Magic's titles, one of Isiah's, and probably one or two of Jordan's. A Bill Walton-David Robinson hybrid is something the league has never seen, but that was мой негр Арвидас Сабонис.

Phillip
06-15-2013, 12:09 AM
oh man they would have probably been a dynasty

midnightpulp
06-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Portland really is the unluckiest franchise of all-time.

And it's rather unfair that they've been blamed for the Bowie and Oden mishaps, when those two players were the logical picks. A Jordan/Drexler team team probably doesn't win in the 80's. They needed a big at the time to match up with Kareem, Parish, McHale, and the newly drafted Hakeem Olajuwon. Under no circumstances was Jordan a "no brainer" pick that Portland was too dumb to draft, as often stated.

LkrFan
06-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Portland likely rangs a few times to the detriment of Showtime. Just think about it. Take out Kevin fatass Duckworth and replace him with Sabonis. They would have been a juggernaut. He would have dominated tbh. Lucky for Showtime. Oh, and thank you Len Bias for being a dumbass.

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2013, 01:43 AM
He would have blown out his knee and the ruskies would have been so pissed they would have nuked us and we would have nuked them and everybody would be dead

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2013, 05:49 AM
i wonder which team has the most lottery picks ever and still cant do shit with them picks

gaKNOW!blee
06-15-2013, 07:02 AM
I admit I'm a little too young to know just how good this guy was...I watched him play some but what made him so great in the late 80's?

Sportcamper
06-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Sabonis, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden… Same results TBH…

Sportcamper
06-15-2013, 08:27 AM
I admit I'm a little too young to know just how good this guy was...I watched him play some but what made him so great in the late 80's?

He made a name for himself playing with soft Euro’s…When he finally came to the NBA he was exposed for what he was “Just Another Soft Euro”…Huge man, glaciers moved faster than him, squeaky voice, If you had court side tickets you could hear him whine in that girly voice…He fouled me, he fouled me…Shaq just pummeled him…I honestly think that Lisa Leslie could take him…:lol

Riddler
06-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Still can't believe to this day they offered to trade Drexler and a pick for Ralph Sampson.

leemajors
06-15-2013, 09:29 AM

He could actually move around very well and still had cartilage in his knees.