PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Iggy to opt out and become unrestricted FA

LkrFan
06-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Andre Iguodala has reportedly communicated to Nuggets management that he will opt out of the final year of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent this summer.Yahoo! Sports reports that the decision, which was expected, was passed on by Iguodala’s agent, Rob Pelinka, to Nuggets CEO Josh Kroenke this week.
“We are fully aware of Andre’s intentions and he’s well aware of how much we want him back,” Kroenke told Yahoo! Sports Friday afternoon. “Andre is a huge priority for our organization.”After superstars Dwight Howard and Chris Paul, Iguodala will be a target for several teams, including the Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Detroit Pistons and New Orleans Pelicans, league sources said.The opt-out decision is really a no-brainer in a world where Gerald Wallace received $40 million over four years last summer. Iguodala is coming off of a playoff run with the Sixers in 2012, a gold medal in London with Team USA, and a solid debut season with the Nuggets. At 29, he’s not yet in a major statistical decline when you factor in his shift from a lead scoring option in Philadelphia to one of a number of options on a deeper Denver team. This summer’s weak market is a great time to sell high and land the last big-dollar deal of his prime years.
LINK (http://nba.si.com/2013/06/14/andre-iguodala-denver-nuggets-2013-free-agent-opt-out/?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp)

Amnesty Artest. Then do it Mitch:

Blake
Kobe
Iggy
Pau
Howard

AchillesHeel
06-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Spurs should go for him, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2013, 02:58 AM
One of the most overrated players in the NBA, tbh..

100%duncan
06-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Get him LA and please resign Howard 5 years for the max.

DMX7
06-15-2013, 04:41 AM
No, Leonard is a more complete player and he comes cheaper.

Raven
06-15-2013, 07:36 AM
he is making a dumb move imho, who would give him that kind of money? he's not a max money player, not even close. He can't make a jumper and it's safe to say he'll never learn how to, not to mention, his D is waaaaaaaaaay overrated, he is good in transition, but in halfcourt he's just dumb. Also, he misses way too many fts.

Raven
06-15-2013, 07:37 AM
LINK (http://nba.si.com/2013/06/14/andre-iguodala-denver-nuggets-2013-free-agent-opt-out/?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp)

Amnesty Artest. Then do it Mitch:

Blake
Kobe
Iggy
Pau
Howard

:lol if the lakers amnesty Artest, they are still way over the cap. (and that's without even counting howard's contract)

LkrFan
06-15-2013, 07:43 AM
:lol if the lakers amnesty Artest, they are still way over the cap. (and that's without even counting howard's contract)
Since when did the cap really matter to the Lakers? :lol

LkrFan
06-15-2013, 07:44 AM
He's still a good perimeter defender. The Lakers need that in the worst way. His passing ability would also be a plus.

Raven
06-15-2013, 07:50 AM

it does when you have to sign players for big contracts. you simply can't, period.

Uncle Drew
06-15-2013, 07:55 AM
He either wants to win or get paid, Lakers can't offer neither.

Captivus
06-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Koolaid_Man
06-15-2013, 09:04 AM
He either wants to win or get paid, Lakers can't offer neither.

:lol if we can find a way to unload Pau, Nash, and Metta we can then sign KG and Paul Pierce to vet min deals....then we can trade Pau for Rondo straight up...amnesty Metta and sign Iggy and then find a sucker to trade for Nash...

I'm looking at

Kobe
Dwight
Iggy
Rondo
KG
Pierce

that should do it

Raven
06-15-2013, 09:31 AM
:lol if we can find a way to unload Pau, Nash, and Metta we can then sign KG and Paul Pierce to vet min deals....then we can trade Pau for Rondo straight up...amnesty Metta and sign Iggy and then find a sucker to trade for Nash...

I'm looking at

Kobe
Dwight
Iggy
Rondo
KG
Pierce

that should do it

what about trading lebron for duhon and tony parker steve blake? that should improve you..

Clipper Nation
06-15-2013, 09:40 AM
:lmao Delusional

Rogue
06-15-2013, 10:08 AM

I'm looking at

Kobe
Dwight
Iggy
Rondo
KG
Pierce

that should do it
no way would KG and the Truth accept vet minimums imho. if they still haven't got any rings probably they would probably join miami for vet minimus. If it was 3yrs ago and dude still hadn't got any rings, then probably they would consider joining the lakers because the Lakers were the team to beat in the league back then, and the favorite to win the championship.

Your team has a payroll as high as 120m :lmao and you're still dreaming of signing some big name FA, which's gonna be a legit condidate for joke of the year award tbh.

LkrFan
06-15-2013, 10:09 AM
:lmao Delusional
No son. This thought is:

"NBA World Champion LA Clippers"

:lol

JamStone
06-15-2013, 10:17 AM

Overpaid yeah. But I don't think people overrate him. I think general opinion is that he's an above average player who would make a pretty good complimentary piece to a good team. I don't think he's viewed as a franchise player or a guy teams want to build around as the centerpiece of the team. I don't think he's overrated, just overpaid.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-15-2013, 10:35 AM

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Overpaid yeah. But I don't think people overrate him. I think general opinion is that he's an above average player who would make a pretty good complimentary piece to a good team. I don't think he's viewed as a franchise player or a guy teams want to build around as the centerpiece of the team. I don't think he's overrated, just overpaid.
Maybe it's just because of the fact I went to school where he did so people here love him, but I still hear, "It's only a matter of time before he takes the next step and becomes a perennial all star!" when he's been on the verge of that next step for years and it's obviously never going to happen.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2013, 11:03 AM
No son. This thought is:

Most delusional thought of all:

"Bend over and bite your bottom lips, NBA! We staaaaacked!"

:downspin:

JamStone
06-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Maybe it's just because of the fact I went to school where he did so people here love him, but I still hear, "It's only a matter of time before he takes the next step and becomes a perennial all star!" when he's been on the verge of that next step for years and it's obviously never going to happen.

Well if that's the case, then I'd agree with HH's comment. I guess I just don't see or hear people talking about him in that way.

He's definitely not a superstar or franchise guy. I think he'd be quality second banana on a good team, and on an elite team, he'd make for a really good third option on offense and primary perimeter defender. I view him similar to Josh Smith, a really good talent, can have his moments, but probably best suited as a third option/super role player on a contending team.

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Well if that's the case, then I'd agree with HH's comment. I guess I just don't see or hear people talking about him in that way.

He's definitely not a superstar or franchise guy. I think he'd be quality second banana on a good team, and on an elite team, he'd make for a really good third option on offense and primary perimeter defender. I view him similar to Josh Smith, a really good talent, can have his moments, but probably best suited as a third option/super role player on a contending team.

I don't think he's overrated at all through the media, but he's severely overrated on the Internet, especially among hardcore NBA fans, tbh..

He's also 29 years old, his athleticism is going to fade soon, and the only sustainable trait of his game is his passing, tbh..

JMarkJohns
06-15-2013, 12:53 PM
If doable, he'd be a great fit for Memphis.

Maybe a sign/trade?

I pray Phoenix doesn't lose their mind and sign him. Would have loved him in 2010, but now it's just wasted money.

illusioNtEk
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
iggy, harden, and Dwight will be a good team.... Add Chris Paul in the mix and they are a great team instantly

Samuel Eto'o
06-15-2013, 01:53 PM
He's also 29 years old, his athleticism is going to fade soon, and the only sustainable trait of his game is his passing, tbh..

No.

If a good team signed him to even a 3-4 year deal, it would be a good move. He is not a star player, but he could be a great role player for a championship team for the next 4 years.

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2013, 02:00 PM
No.

If a good team signed him to even a 3-4 year deal, it would be a good move. He is not a star player, but he could be a great role player for a championship team for the next 4 years.

As a role player, obviously he would be a great addition, like Marion with the Mavs..

He's not going to get role player money though IMO..

Pelicans78
06-15-2013, 02:09 PM
As a role player, obviously he would be a great addition, like Marion with the Mavs..

Pelican fans want him for 12+ mill. Not me.

Samuel Eto'o
06-15-2013, 02:13 PM

IIRC Marion got something like 5 years 40 million. Every at the time said it was too much, but I think if that's what it cost to get a top level role player its a good deal.
I can't see Iggy getting a deal too much better than that.

Uncle Drew
06-15-2013, 03:04 PM

I'm looking at

Kobe
Dwight
Iggy
Rondo
KG
Pierce

that should do it

None of that has a remote possibly of happening, at all.

whitemamba
06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
hes comin tbh.....

Squirtle(Westbrook)
06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
If he wants to go to a team over the luxury tax apron he may opt back in and force a trade. Thats how he can get to a team like the Lakers.

It could all be a media play to get to the Lakers. By getting this information out early that he is opting out, it preps Denver to accept a trade rather than nothing.

Splits
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM

smh. You obviously have no idea how the NBA works. Just because you have a bazillion dollars doesn't mean you can sign anybody you want. Even before the new CBA you couldn't. Why do you think LeBron doesn't make max $$?

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

LkrFan
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
smh. You obviously have no idea how the NBA works. Just because you have a bazillion dollars doesn't mean you can sign anybody you want. Even before the new CBA you couldn't. Why do you think LeBron doesn't make max $$?

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
I guess they don't make sarcasm meters in the country? You farmers sure are dense son. The ":lol" didn't give it away huh? SMH

baseline bum
06-15-2013, 08:01 PM
iggy, harden, and Dwight will be a good team.... Add Chris Paul in the mix and they are a great team instantly

Why not get LeBron and Hibbert too, and then make a move for det Nigga Drummond to shore up the bench?

DMC
06-15-2013, 08:02 PM
One of the most overrated players in the history of the NBA, tbh..

fixed

DMC
06-15-2013, 08:04 PM

That Pop flipping the bird is one of the worst photoshops I've ever seen.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-15-2013, 08:10 PM
I'd be ok with him going to the lakers. it's just what they need a monkeyballer that can't shoot.

Chinook
06-15-2013, 11:22 PM
If doable, he'd be a great fit for Memphis.

Maybe a sign/trade?

I pray Phoenix doesn't lose their mind and sign him. Would have loved him in 2010, but now it's just wasted money.

Would he really be anything more than an upgrade to Tony Allen? He can defend and drive, but he can't shoot and can't play in the PnR. If I were the Grizzlies, I'd rather trade Randolph and get some quality players that way.

I think Iggy fits best on a team like Golden State, as they already have shooters and needs someone else who can drive and defend. Milwaukee can use him as well, as could Atlanta.

Spur-Addict
06-15-2013, 11:24 PM
No son. This thought is:

:lmao

Well played