PDA

View Full Version : Ever once in a great while.....

Avante
06-15-2013, 05:13 AM
....I get in this....

x59kS2AOrGM

...mood. Now add a little Peter Tosh and Jimmy Clift.

Never been to Jamaica, bummer! I know I know none of you out there give a fuck about track but how that tiny island can do what they do on the world class sprint scene is totally amazing. Then there sets China with how many billion, and they ain't shit.

Just so this thread isn't a total waste...

Ain't pussy great?

Sportcamper
06-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Bob Marley- It took Miss Rita & The Wailers to bring it all together...Bet you did not know that...

leemajors
06-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Jimmy Cliff tbh. FYI Bunny Wailer was the third. Blackheart Man is a great album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2-bUGk4YA

koriwhat
06-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Bob Marley- It took Miss Rita & The Wailers to bring it all together...Bet you did not know that...

Actually it took two face scratch perry to bring you "reggae".

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:17 AM
:lol Jimmy "Clift"

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Actually it took two face scratch perry to bring you "reggae".

Toots Hibbert tbh.

leemajors
06-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Toots Hibbert tbh.

Studio One tbqh

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Truth

leemajors
06-15-2013, 10:53 AM
man the sound coming from there in the 60s-80s was amazing. Some of the best producers, period, and they made all their own equipment out of nothing - King Tubby, Lee Perry, Scientist...

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 12:00 PM
man the sound coming from there in the 60s-80s was amazing. Some of the best producers, period, and they made all their own equipment out of nothing - King Tubby, Lee Perry, Scientist...

Hard to go wrong when you've got The Skatalites in your back pocket to act as session musicians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGBJz09-Pho

leemajors
06-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Hard to go wrong when you've got The Skatalites in your back pocket to act as session musicians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGBJz09-Pho

Roots Radics, Sly and Robbie too.

Avante
06-15-2013, 01:35 PM

I have a tape of Marley with Tosh, when they were first starting out.

No not really into reggae all that much, don't know the history.

Avante
06-15-2013, 01:37 PM
:lol Jimmy "Clift"

Thinking SRV was the originator of Texas Flood...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheSanityAnnex
06-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Highly recommend the movie Rockers. 1978, awesome soundtrack and a real feel for what is was like back then in the reggae scene. Great cast as well, Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace, Burning Spear, Gregory Isaacs, Big Youth, Dillinger, and Jacob Miller.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Thinking SRV was the originator of Texas Flood...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not the question you asked and you know it. You're just mad because I foiled your obvious, poorly executed trap.

marini martini
06-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Saw this a few months ago PDG!

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2012-08-03/marley-on-vh1/ (http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2012-08-03/marley-on-vh1/)

I saw Jimmy Cliff when they first got off the banana boat @ Randy's Rodeo, early 80's.

Saw Toots & Maytal's at some bar on West ave. LoL. some idiot projectile vomited leaving the place and almost hit my friend.
:lol

Avante
06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
That's not the question you asked and you know it. You're just mad because I foiled your obvious, poorly executed trap.

Actually little guy you fell head first.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Actually little guy you fell head first.

So, you're short, fat AND senile . . . your wife is a lucky lady.

Avante
06-15-2013, 07:48 PM
So, you're short, fat AND senile . . . your wife is a lucky lady.

Look at yourself asshole, you come in here acting like a punk so I treat you like one. Then you go off into fantasy land because you were totally wrong about SRV and you know it.

Just a thread about some reggae music, you can't even be cool about that. But it's me...right?

My wife is a very lucky lady, it's your wife who we need to pity.

leemajors
06-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Highly recommend the movie Rockers. 1978, awesome soundtrack and a real feel for what is was like back then in the reggae scene. Great cast as well, Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace, Burning Spear, Gregory Isaacs, Big Youth, Dillinger, and Jacob Miller.

:tu Tosh smokes a J with Horsemouth as well, and Bunny Wailer is in it too.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Look at yourself asshole, you come in here acting like a punk so I treat you like one. Then you go off into fantasy land because you were totally wrong about SRV and you know it.

Just a thread about some reggae music, you can't even be cool about that. But it's me...right?

My wife is a very lucky lady, it's your wife who we need to pity.

That's all well and good, but i answered your question correctly and you know it. It's not my problem if your dumbass is incapable of phrasing a question correctly.

Avante
06-15-2013, 08:27 PM
We all know Bob Wills was the king of western swing, Elvis the king of rock n' roll, so I guess Bob Marley was the king of reggae....no?

Avante
06-15-2013, 08:29 PM
That's all well and good, but i answered your question correctly and you know it. It's not my problem if your dumbass is incapable of phrasing a question correctly.

No you didn't, you had no clue who Larry Davis was. And it was real obvious.

Now beat it, talking reggae here.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 08:54 PM
No you didn't, you had no clue who Larry Davis was. And it was real obvious.

Now beat it, talking reggae here.

I was participating in the topic until you brought up your failure to trap me. Would you like me to school you on reggae? Here's a question: Who is widely regarded as the king of ska? Can I trust you to answer without google/wiki et al?

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh . . . btw, it's "every once in awile", not "ever".

Avante
06-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I was participating in the topic until you brought up your failure to trap me. Would you like me to school you on reggae? Here's a question: Who is widely regarded as the king of ska? Can I trust you to answer without google/wiki et al?

If you were a cool dude, sure, but since you're just a prick, nay!

I don't care about ska.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh . . . btw, it's "every once in awile", not "ever".

Try...awhile...ok?

Se how stupid that shit is.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
If you were a cool dude, sure, but since you're just a prick, nay!

I don't care about ska.

You should care about ska if you are interested in the roots of reggae.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Try...awhile...ok?

Oh, I se . . . typos are not the same as bad grammar, stupid.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:09 PM
You should care about ska if you are interested in the roots of reggae.

Don't worry about it, ok?

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Oh, I se . . . typos are not the same as bad grammar, stupid.

You don't correct someone and then spell something wrong, DUH~~~~~~~~~~~~

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
You don't want to talk about reggae now?

Clipper Nation
06-15-2013, 09:12 PM
OP is a faggot

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:12 PM
You don't want to talk about reggae now?

Sure, just not with a punk like you.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Sure, just not with a punk like you.

So, you wanna talk about punk?

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:13 PM
OP is a faggot

Dude, adults talking here, ok?

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh, I know! We could talk about the connections between punk and reggae. How 'bout that?

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:15 PM
So, you wanna talk about punk?

Why in the hell would anyone wanna talk about a music that takes no talent?

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Why in the hell would anyone wanna talk about a music that takes no talent?

That's an absurd fallacy and shows a lack of depth of knowledge on your part.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:21 PM
That's an absurd fallacy and shows a lack of depth of knowledge on your part.
I've heard all those "great???" punk bands, they suck.

Go ahead search out a video trying to sell punk.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I've heard all those "great???" punk bands, they suck.

And . . . I think most blues is boring and repetitive. A matter of taste I suppose.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:27 PM
For example, The Clash did not suck. You would be hard pressed to find any informed musicologist who will agree with you.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Dude, are you too fucking lazy to find a video that best represents punk? Come on man do something prove a point.

You have any idea how many old antique blues tunes have been coverded by others? Did you know when the Beatles first landed here in America the first thing John Lennon wanted to do was meet Muddy Waters?

Did you know The Rolling Stones got that name from an old Muddy Waters tune?

Did you know Pink Floyd got their name from old prewar blues cats...Pink Anderson and Floyd Council?

You know that Jimi Hendrix was influensed by old blues cats like Guitar Slim?

You do know what influensed rock and roll and country music...right?

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:35 PM
I like Muddy Waters. What's your point? I'm not really a youtube posting kind of guy. You don't really need to post youtube videos if you know your shit.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:35 PM
For example, The Clash did not suck. You would be hard pressed to find any informed musicologist who will agree with you.

I've heard their CD...London Calling....it sucked!

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
I like Muddy Waters. What's your point? I'm not really a youtube posting kind of guy. You don't really need to post youtube videos if you know your shit.

You don't how do you?

My point was them old blues have been a huge influense on the music world.

Trust me guy, when it comes to blues, country, rock n' roll and R&B,I know my shit.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Are you aware that there are tons of punk bands influenced by the blues?

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:41 PM

:lmao That's really dumb. It's widely regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time . . . you have seriously limited taste in music, my friend. Huge reggae influence on that record btw.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Are you aware that there are tons of punk bands influenced by the blues?

It went like this for me...

I have a friend who played bass in a punk band. He was always trying to sell me on The Ramones, The Clash, Iggy Pop and others I can't remember. I 'd listen over some beers, and always came away...dude, that shit sucks.

So if I don't care for the best of punk..........well.

I then proceeded to tune it out, so I don't know about something I don't like.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:43 PM
You don't how do you?

My point was them old blues have been a huge influense on the music world.

Trust me guy, when it comes to blues, country, rock n' roll and R&B,I know my shit.

I agree. Pretty obvious. Music 101 tbh.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:44 PM
so I don't know about something I don't like.

Turns out you don't about a lot of shit.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:48 PM
:lmao That's really dumb. It's widely regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time . . . you have seriously limited taste in music, my friend. Huge reggae influence on that record btw.

Let's see, I have...

country
blues
rock and roll
jazz
bluegrass
alternative
soul
R&B
reggae
classical

....I need punk?

The Clash don't match up, simple as that.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Let's see, I have...

country
blues
rock and roll
jazz
bluegrass
alternative
soul
R&B
reggae
classical

You have The Clash, buddy.

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Turns out you don't about a lot of shit.

Well lets see can you talk about St.Louis blues pre 1930? How about Dock Boggs and Clarence Ashley and that Appalachian sound? Take me to Memphis 1930. How about the origins of rock n' roll? Wanna talk The Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers? How about Jellyroll Morton? Let's talk Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith, Lucille Bogan and Victoria Spivey. Peetie Wheatstraw? Robert Johnson? Frank Hutchison? Roscoe Holcombe? Hazel Dickens?

Wanna go to MoTown how about Sun Records?

Avante
06-15-2013, 09:57 PM
You have The Clash, buddy.

Am I gonna have to go and bring The Clash here myself? Ok so what do you consider their masterpiece?

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
You are changing the subject because you can't hang. I'm getting tired of giving you chance after chance to redeem yourself. You are too combative and have a real hard time admitting your ignorance. You obviously have your comfort zone and you panic and resort to name calling and insults when you are taken out of it. If you want to get on my level and talk, let me know . . . I don't want to be preached at and condescended to. Try having a real conversation sometime.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Try...awhile...ok?

Actually, it's "a while."

Awhile, as a single word, never follows a preposition.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Am I gonna have to go and bring The Clash here myself? Ok so what do you consider their masterpiece?

hiQoq-wqZxg

I'm out.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiZHt6sqg4

Clipper Nation
06-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey Avante -

http://imagehaul.com/thehauls/4d952e423535734a505d41a277ed4866.jpg

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Actually, it's "a while."

Awhile, as a single word, never follows a preposition.

We're talking about music now.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiZHt6sqg4

Nice. One of my faves.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:09 PM

As a self professed music historian, you should know that "it sucked" isn't a sufficient critical argument. I'd be curious to know what, exactly, you think is bad about London Calling.

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:09 PM
You are changing the subject because you can't hang. I'm getting tired of giving you chance after chance to redeem yourself. You are too combative and have a real hard time admitting your ignorance. You obviously have your comfort zone and you panic and resort to name calling and insults when you are taken out of it. If you want to get on my level and talk, let me know . . . I don't want to be preached at and condescended to. Try having a real conversation sometime.

Are you paying any attention at all?

I don't like punk, so I'm not into punk. I do like some reggae but not like I do most other music.

Getting it now?

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
We're talking about music now.

And I was also talking about music when you corrected me, funny how that works.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM

I don't like punk, so I'm not into punk. I do like some reggae but not like I do most other music.

Getting it now?
http://i.imgur.com/mHlFgLt.jpg

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Getting it now?

Everything isn't always about you.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 10:14 PM
And I was also talking about music when you corrected me, funny how that works.

I was talking about music when I corrected you. On topic. On point.

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:19 PM
As a self professed music historian, you should know that "it sucked" isn't a sufficient critical argument. I'd be curious to know what, exactly, you think is bad about London Calling.

I mentioned my punk band friend. It was sometime back around 80/81 or so, the band was all jazzed up over that album...London Calling...I was just hanging out. We all sat around getting stoned listening. I wasn't impressed at all, came away thinking....what's the big deal? While all of them loved it.

I have that Rolling Stone mag that listed London Calling as one of the top 10 albums of all time, well not to me. I can think of tons and tons and tons of better stuff.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:21 PM
I mentioned my punk band friend. It was sometime back around 80/81 or so, the band was all jazzed up over that album...London Calling...I was just hanging out. We all sat around getting stoned listening. I wasn't impressed at all, came away thinking....what's the big deal? While all of them loved it.

I have that Rolling Stone mag that listed London Calling as one of the top 10 albums of all time, well not to me. I can think of tons and tons and tons of better stuff.

So, then, you are in fact incapable of engaging in critical discourse.

Shocking.

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Everything isn't always about you.

You mentioned hanging, right? Can you?

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:23 PM

Shocking.

How about I heard the album some 30 some years ago and don't remember much about it? Other than I didn't think much about it.

Hmmmmm?

Ok, I'll get it another shot.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:25 PM
How about I heard the album some 30 some years ago and don't remember much about it?

That hardly strengthens your argument as to its quality.

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:30 PM
That hardly strengthens your argument as to its quality.

My son in law, a friend of his, a neighbor, my son and a friend of his are all here. I played this for them, I didn't even get half way before a unanimous...YUCK....I concur.

EfK-WX2pa8c

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:34 PM
My son in law, a friend of his, a neighbor, my son and a friend of his are all here. I played this for them, I didn't even get half way before a unanimous...YUCK....I concur.

Shocking.

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Listen to that above tune now listen to this. See the huge difference in talent?

V0BStww-t6M

Now play some Ramones then this...

NIn0jyG-MIA

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Listen to that above tune now listen to this. See the huge differnce in talent?

What difference in talent am I meant to be hearing? You still haven't been able to identify what about The Clash you find lacking, so I can't know whether or not Paul Weller excels in those areas.

redzero
06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
London Calling is a masterpiece. Train In Vain is awesome. OP is a nostalgia-fag of the highest order.

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:49 PM
What difference in talent am I'm meant to be hearing? You still haven't been able to identify what about The Clash you find lacking, so I can't know whether or not Paul Weller excels in those areas.

What exactly are you looking for? They have stupid lyrics, the vocals are weak, they aren't all that talented as musicians. That doesn't sum it up?

Keep in mind Im comparing them to this sort of thing.

blDDy8E7jzM

Avante
06-15-2013, 10:51 PM
London Calling is a masterpiece. Train In Vain is awesome. OP is a nostalgia-fag of the highest order.

Do I really have to rattle off a 100 current bands you have never heard?

London Calling isn't nostalgia?

The Clash simply pale in comparision to all the good bands.

leemajors
06-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I wonder if Avante likes the Pogues.

redzero
06-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Do I really have to rattle off a 100 current bands you have never heard?

Anybody can do that. There's thousands of them out there.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
What exactly are you looking for? They have stupid lyrics, the vocals are weak, they aren't all that talented as musicians. That doesn't sum it up?

It doesn't sum anything up. It doesn't say anything other than you don't like them. Which is fine as an opinion, but doesn't qualify as a critical argument.

What is stupid about the lyrics? How are the vocals weak? In what ways are they lacking musical talent?

Avante
06-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Anybody can do that. There's thousands of them out there.

So if I'm all wrapped up in yesterday what am I doing with...

Kolvane
Chronic Tendancies
Kelly Bell Band
Tyrone Vaughn
Laurie Morvan Band
Matt Wigler
Tommy Castro
The Cash Box Kings
Big Frank and The Healers

...and on and on and on and.............

Avante
06-15-2013, 11:06 PM
It doesn't sum anything up. It doesn't say anything other than you don't like them. Which is fine as an opinion, but doesn't qualify as a critical argument.

What is stupid about the lyrics? How are the vocals weak? In what ways are they lacking musical talent?

You don't watch any of my videos do you, if you did you wouldn't be asking those questions.

Why not take a whole10 minutes and listen to what I'm talking about, if you really want my opinion. Compare what I think is great to The Clash. The difference in talent....dramatic!

Compare The Clash to this...

ZduDvIBu3EU

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Paul Weller was in a soul influenced punk outfit called The Jam. Pretty outstanding stuff imo.

Avante
06-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Paul Weller was in a soul influenced punk outfit called The Jam. Pretty outstanding stuff imo.

You'd mix Paul Weller with...

Marc Cohn
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Amos Lee
Ray Lamontagne
Leonard Cohen
Mark Lemhouse

k3pltmw6cmI

The Clash....hahahaha!!!!!!

ohmwrecker
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM
You'd mix Paul Weller with...

Marc Cohn
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Amos Lee
Ray Lamontagne
Leonard Cohen
Mark Lemhouse

Yes. Absolutely. Easily.

redzero
06-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Again, who cares? You go on and on about how childish other people on SpursTalk are, but your arguments are shit, and the reasoning behind them are even shittier.

You can make a list of 100 obscure bands. No. Body. Cares. That doesn't mean anything. You aren't intelligent just because you can compile useless information. You aren't right just because your family agrees with you. You can't even express your opinions in a meaningful way. You just posted a YouTube video and basically said, "it speaks for itself." Your posts lack substance. You fall back on the same excuses over and over again. You are a broken record who has never made a single thoughtful or provocative post. The only reason you are as well known now is because you don't stop making threads about nothing.

Many groups had better singers than The Clash. It doesn't matter.
Many groups had better musicians than The Clash. It doesn't matter.
When it comes to writing memorable and timeless songs, the vast majority of bands fail in comparison to The Clash. London Calling has many catchy and classic songs. Period. Train in Vain, London Calling, Lost in The Supermarket, etc. are far more memorable than generic country singer #154000013.

Avante
06-15-2013, 11:21 PM
The Clash and punk music is really bad, and most those who know music would have to agree. So much far better stuff out there.

Avante
06-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Again, who cares? You go on and on about how childish other people on SpursTalk are, but your arguments are shit, and the reasoning behind them are even shittier.

You can make a list of 100 obscure bands. No. Body. Cares. That doesn't mean anything. You aren't intelligent just because you can compile useless information. You aren't right just because your family agrees with you. You can't even express your opinions in a meaningful way. You just posted a YouTube video and basically said, "it speaks for itself." Your posts lack substance. You fall back on the same excuses over and over again. You are a broken record who has never made a single thoughtful or provocative post. The only reason you are as well known now is because you don't stop making threads about nothing.

Many groups had better singers than The Clash. It doesn't matter.
Many groups had better musicians than The Clash. It doesn't matter.
When it comes to writing memorable and timeless songs, the vast majority of bands fail in comparison to The Clash. London Calling has many catchy and classic songs. Period. Train in Vain, London Calling, Lost in The Supermarket, etc. are far more memorable than generic country singer #154000013.

Well then lets talk about what does matter. We all only have so much $$$$ we can spend on music, so much time we can spend listening. I can only think of a few thousand bands/singers I'd rather listen to and spend my $$$$ on than The Clash.

And no they didn't record a bunch of timeless classics. You really want to compare their output to the great rock bands,
country singers? The Rolling Stones vs The Clash? Willie Nelson vs The Clash?

They suck plain and simple.

This is a timeless classic

50k18gL76AU

Now compare that to the crap The Clash put out.

redzero
06-15-2013, 11:32 PM
You're the asshole who thinks arguments from authority/popularity actually mean anything, so let's use your own reasoning.

London Calling is on countless Greatest Albums of All Time lists. London Calling is overwhelmingly seen as a timeless classic. You and your family don't like it? Who gives a shit. Your opinion on anything means less than nothing, because you are a moron.

Avante
06-15-2013, 11:39 PM
You're the asshole who thinks arguments from authority/popularity actually mean anything, so let's use your own reasoning.

London Calling is on countless Greatest Albums of All Time lists. London Calling is overwhelmingly seen as a timeless classic. You and your family don't like it? Who gives a shit. Your opinion on anything means less than nothing, because you are a moron.

You must not have been paying attention, I mentioned three non family members being here also, yep....YUCK!!!!!!!

I'm well aware of what London Calling is, I mentioned I have that Rolling Stone mag ranking the albums. I simply disagree and since the mag left Lonnie Johnson off their 100 Greatest Guitarists but had Riobert Johnson (who idolized Lonnie)...hmmm?

So what is their true masterpiece in your opinion. I will listen.

Who else thinks The Clash sucks major ass?

Dude, someone as dumb as you've proven to be might wanna cool the moron talk, got it?

How in the hell could anyone listen to this crap?

vJoXWncDIpA

Hmmmmm....ok ok...maybe if you're 17, battling zits, and have a multitude of complexs.

redzero
06-16-2013, 12:02 AM
You must not have been paying attention, I mentioned three non family members being here also, yep....YUCK!!!!!!

WOW! THREE NON-FAMILY MEMBERS AGREE WITH YOU AFTER LISTENING TO HALF OF AN ALBUM A SINGLE TIME?!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! HOW CAN ANYBODY STILL LIKE LONDON CALLING AFTER THAT?

Your family and friends gave a knee-jerk reaction after not even listening to the entire album. And you call yourself a music historian? There are several albums I didn't like initially, but loved after repeated listenings. And you, a self-proclaimed music historian, use people, who probably have no experience with Punk as a genre and didn't even listen to the entire album a single time, as evidence that the album is bad?

And you call me a moron? Again, you have made well over a 10,000 posts in a short period of time, but not a single one contains anything insightful. Your reasoning skills are so simplistic that it's embarrassing.

I'm well aware of what London Calling is, I mentioned I have that Rolling Stone mag ranking the albums. I simply disagree and since the mag left Lonnie Johnson off their 100 Greatest Guitarists but had Riobert Johnson (who idolized Lonnie)...hmmm?

So? I wouldn't use their lists for toilet paper. You, as RaZon, have used Rolling Stone's opinions as support for your position before. I am merely using your own argument against you.

So what is their true masterpiece in your opinion. I will listen.

I already told you multiple times in this thread alone. Try to keep up.

Dude, someone as dumb as you've proven to be might wanna cool the moron talk, got it?

Yawn. Just more parroting.

Avante
06-16-2013, 12:08 AM
WOW! THREE NON-FAMILY MEMBERS AGREE WITH YOU AFTER LISTENING TO HALF OF AN ALBUM A SINGLE TIME?!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! HOW CAN ANYBODY STILL LIKE LONDON CALLING AFTER THAT?

Your family and friends gave a knee-jerk reaction after not even listening to the entire album. And you call yourself a music historian? There are several albums I didn't like initially, but loved after repeated listenings. And you, a self-proclaimed music historian, use people, who probably have no experience with Punk as a genre and didn't even listen to the entire album a single time, as evidence that the album is bad?

And you call me a moron? Again, you have made well over a 10,000 posts in a short period of time, but not a single one contains anything insightful. Your reasoning skills are so simplistic that it's embarrassing.

So? I wouldn't use their lists for toilet paper. You, as RaZon, have used Rolling Stone's opinions as support for your position before. I am merely using your own argument against you.

I already told you multiple times in this thread alone. Try to keep up.

Yawn. Just more parroting.

Hmmmmmmm...my reasoning skills?

If you've heard great music then try and listen to music geared towards little malcontent kids...hmmmmm? Boy that takes some reaoning, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They zeroed in on a particular audience, marketing. They played music you simply out grow.

Dude, they sound like day old shit, ok? If you think they sound great what's that say about you?

CuckingFunt
06-16-2013, 12:12 AM
You don't watch any of my videos do you, if you did you wouldn't be asking those questions.

Why not take a whole10 minutes and listen to what I'm talking about, if you really want my opinion. Compare what I think is great to The Clash. The difference in talent....dramatic!

Compare The Clash to this...

ZduDvIBu3EU

Joe Strummer was far more talented at playing punk music than is Damien Rice.

redzero
06-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Hmmmmmmm...my reasoning skills?

If you've heard great music then try and listen to music geared towards little malcontent kids...hmmmmm? Boy that takes some reaoning, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, they sound like day old shit, ok? If you think they sound great what's that say about you?

It says that I like good music.

This is yet another overly simplistic, inane post by the self-proclaimed music historian.

Where is the substance, Avante? You think you are so much smarter than I am, yet you are utterly incapable of articulating your opinions.

You don't like it? I don't give a shit.
Your friends gave a knee-jerk reaction after listening to some of the album? I, and any music historian worth his salt, don't give a shit.
There are more talented musicians? Don't care.
There are more talented singers? Don't care.

What else do you have? If you are so much smarter than I am, then express yourself coherently. Stop making anecdotes and logical fallacies. Stop posting your insecure lists. Tell us what you think and why.

Avante
06-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Joe Strummer was far more talented at playing punk music than is Damien Rice.

I'm talking about what sounds good. If we compare any of those punk bands to what sounds good it's no contest.

Give me an example of a situation/mood where The Clash would have to be the listen.

Avante
06-16-2013, 12:27 AM
It says that I like good music.

This is yet another overly simplistic, inane post by the self-proclaimed music historian.

Where is the substance, Avante? You think you are so much smarter than I am, yet you are utterly incapable of articulating your opinions.

You don't like it? I don't give a shit.
Your friends gave a knee-jerk reaction after listening to some of the album? I, and any music historian worth his salt, don't give a shit.
There are more talented musicians? Don't care.
There are more talented singers? Don't care.

What else do you have? If you are so much smarter than I am, then express yourself coherently. Stop making anecdotes and logical fallacies. Stop posting your insecure lists. Tell us what you think and why.

Ok

I want to go someplace when I listen to music, The Clash can't take me there. The reason being their lyrics are stupid, Joe Strummer can't sing worth a damn and their overall sound is bad. In other words The Clash can't deliver the goods. There are just too many far more talented bands out there that do deliver the goods and do take me where I want to go.

Avante
06-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Ok, let's listen to this....

q3Yl4ehzX-o

Now that it's fresh on/in your brain, listen to this....

-tw-yZB-frc

redzero
06-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Go on a road trip. Go surfing. The great thing about London Calling is that it is very accessible. It combines punk, pop, and reggae to make a diverse and interesting album.

You have two choices: continue to be the close-minded moron that you are, or expand your horizons. If you were smart, you wouldn't listen to the superficial reactions of people who are completely ignorant of punk as a genre. If you were smart, you would know that it takes multiple listens to fully appreciate an album. This should not be news to a music historian.

CuckingFunt
06-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm talking about what sounds good.

To you.

If we compare any of those punk bands to what sounds good it's no contest.

To you.

Give me an example of a situation/mood where The Clash would have to be the listen.

I can't give you any examples of a situation in which you would enjoy listening to music you don't like.

As I said earlier, your opinion that you don't like The Clash or punk music is perfectly valid and is impossible to argue. However, your opinion that you don't like them is not the same as an argument that they are not good. You have yet to say anything in this thread to indicate you are able to distinguish between the two.

CuckingFunt
06-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Ok, let's listen to this....

q3Yl4ehzX-o

Now that it's fresh on/in your brain, listen to this....

-tw-yZB-frc

I would rather listen to The Clash than John Hiatt ten times out of ten. My opinion and personal tastes differ from yours.

Avante
06-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Go on a road trip. Go surfing. The great thing about London Calling is that it is very accessible. It combines punk, pop, and reggae to make a diverse and interesting album.

You have two choices: continue to be the close-minded moron that you are, or expand your horizons. If you were smart, you wouldn't listen to the superficial reactions of people who are completely ignorant of punk as a genre. If you were smart, you would know that it takes multiple listens to fully appreciate an album. This should not be news to a music historian.

I heard Tom Waits one time, one song, that was 14 CD's ago. I've heard tons of bands/artists one time, and had to have their music. When you have the amount of music I have why would I need The Clash? The Clash instead of...

ZZ Top
Van Morrison
Marty Robbins
Janis Joplin
Roscoe Holcombe
Little Feat
The Grateful Dead
Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
Jimi Hendrix
Patsy Cline
Cat Stevens
Black Oak Arkansas
Tom Waits
Corey Stevens
Robert Lucas
Ben Harper
Jack Johnson
Chris Isaak
Quicksilver Messenger Service
Steppenwolf
Patsy Montana
Dave Van Ronk
Woody Guthrie
Donovan
Grace Slick and The Jefferson Airplane
Country Joe and The Fish
Deep Purple
Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention
CCR
The Who
Joe Cocker
Billy Idol
TheYardbirds
Lou Reed
Paul Weller
Leo Kottle
David Broza
Duke Robillard
Jonny Lang
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Ernest Tubb
Bob Dylan
Ferlin Husky
Hank Snow
Savoy Brown
Roy Acuff
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
The Beatles
George Jones
Waylon Jennings
Traffic
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Lucy Kaplansky
Bill Monroe
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Climax Blues Band
Johnny Cash
The Black Keys
William Clarke
James Harman
Johnny "Slim" Campbell
John Mayall
Fleetwood Mac
Robin Trower
Uriah Heep
Jethro Tull
The White Strips
The Talking Heads
Townes Van Zandt
Allman Brothers
The Steve Miller Band
Coco Montoya
Merle Haggard
Willie Nelson
Al Green
Otis Redding
Jerry Jeff Walker
Simon & Garfunkel
Gordon Lightfoot
Doug Macleoud
The Animals
Them
SRV
Jeff Beck
Hans Thessnik
Dr. John
Rod Stewart
Harry Manx
David Allan Coe
Steve Earle
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Gene Vincent
Elvis
BTO
Kansas
Black Sabbath
Foreigner
Humble Pie
Motley Crue
Aerosmith
Gov't Mule
Derek Trucks
John Mellencamp
Bruce Sprngsteen
JJ Cale
The Band
Bob Marley
Canned Heat
The Rigtheous Brothers
James Brown
Moody Blues
Grand Funk Railroad
Neil Young
Little Willie John
Alan Jackson
Willy DeVille
Brooks & Dunn
Nina Simone
Delbert McClinton
Bonnie Raitt
Lucinda Williams
Lefty Frizzell
Eddie Cochran
Chris Thomas King
Bob Seegar and The Silver Bullet Band

...why?

redzero
06-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Avante thinks another list is a good substitute for anything substantive.

You impress nobody with your lists. The only poster who actually sucks up to you does so solely because he is a contrarian and an outcast.

Where is the substance, Avante? I see useless lists, but I see no substance. I'll give you one more chance to provide an actual opinion. I'll give you one more chance to express yourself as an adult. That's it.

CuckingFunt
06-16-2013, 01:18 AM
I heard Tom Waits one time, one song, that was 14 CD's ago. I've heard tons of bands/artists one time, and had to have their music. When you have the amount of music I have why would I need The Clash? The Clash instead of...

Why instead?

ZZ Top
Van Morrison
Marty Robbins
Janis Joplin
Roscoe Holcombe
The Grateful Dead
Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
Jimi Hendrix
Patsy Cline
Cat Stevens
Tom Waits
Corey Stevens
Robert Lucas
Ben Harper
Jack Johnson
Chris Isaak
Steppenwolf
Patsy Montana
Dave Van Ronk
Woody Guthrie
Donovan
CCR
The Who
Joe Cocker
Billy Idol
TheYardbirds
Ernest Tubb
Bob Dylan
Ferlin Husky
Hank Snow
Savoy Brown
Roy Acuff
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
The Beatles
George Jones
Waylon Jennings
Traffic
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Lucy Kaplansky
Bill Monroe
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Climax Blues Band
Johnny Cash
The Black Keys
William Clarke
James Harman
Johnny "Slim" Campbell
John Mayall
Fleetwood Mac
Robin Trower
Uriah Heep
Jethro Tull
The White Strips
The Talking Heads
Townes Van Zandt
Allman Brothers
The Steve Miller Band
Coco Montoya
Merle Haggard
Willie Nelson
Al Green
Otis Redding
Jerry Jeff Walker
Simon & Garfunkel
Gordon Lightfoot
Doug Macleoud
The Animals
Them
SRV
Jeff Beck
Hans Thessnik
Dr. John
Rod Stewart
Harry Manx
David Allan Coe
Steve Earle
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Gene Vincent
Elvis
BTO
Kansas
Black Sabbath
Foreigner
Humble Pie
Motley Crue
Aerosmith
Gov't Mule
Derek Trucks
John Mellencamp
Bruce Sprngsteen
JJ Cale
The Band
Bob Marley
Canned Heat
The Rigtheous Brothers
James Brown
Moody Blues
Grand Funk Railroad
Neil Young
Little Willie John
Alan Jackson
Willy DeVille
Brooks & Dunn
Nina Simone
Delbert McClinton
Bonnie Raitt
Lucinda Williams
Lefty Frizzell
Eddie Cochran
Chris Thomas King
Bob Seegar and The Silver Bullet Band

...why?

For a self-proclaimed music historian, that's a pretty limited and uninspired collection.

Avante
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Avante thinks another list is a good substitute for anything substantive.

You impress nobody with your lists. The only poster who actually sucks up to you does so solely because he is a contrarian and an outcast.

Where is the substance, Avante? I see useless lists, but I see no substance. I'll give you one more chance to provide an actual opinion. I'll give you one more chance to express yourself as an adult. That's it.

Pretty long list for someone who needs to widen those horizons. And no blues, rockabilly, early rock and roll, early country mentioned there. Just think 10 times longer than that short list.

Telling you that in my opinion Joe Strummer sucks as a vocalist isn't substance? Telling you all their songs lack anything close to well thought out lyrics isn't substance? Telling you as musicians they are average at best isn't substance? What else is there?

What do you see? Keep in mind I am comparing them to other bands. You honestly can put them up there among the elite bands? How?

Avante
06-16-2013, 01:30 AM
To you.

To you.

I can't give you any examples of a situation in which you would enjoy listening to music you don't like.

As I said earlier, your opinion that you don't like The Clash or punk music is perfectly valid and is impossible to argue. However, your opinion that you don't like them is not the same as an argument that they are not good. You have yet to say anything in this thread to indicate you are able to distinguish between the two.

It's works both ways, they might be good to you.

Seriously, give me a mood/situation where "you" would want to listen to The Clash?

Avante
06-16-2013, 01:57 AM
Why instead?

For a self-proclaimed music historian, that's a pretty limited and uninspired collection.

Tom Waits is a unique talent, his stuff far superior to what we see from The Clash.

Thought you'd never ask

King Oliver
Wes Montgomery
Lonnie Johnson
Emmett Miller
Bessie Tucker
Memphis Jug Band
Kid Ory
Little Richard
The Eagles
Robert Johnson
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Clarence Ashley
Victoria Sprivey
Feddie Hart
Son House
Charlie Poole
The Skillet Lickers
Blind Alfred Reed
Doc Watson
Memphis Slim
Big Bill Broonsy
Memphis Minnie
Furry Lewis
Billy Boy Arnold
The Gap Band
Charlie Parker
Big Joe Williams
Scrapper Blackwell
Sleepy John Estes
Blind Boy Fuller
Alberta Hunter
Trixie Smith
Clara Smith
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
The Coaster
The Olympics
The Stanley Brothers
Bill Monroe
The Platters
Nat King Cole
Sam Cooke
Harry Belofonte
Paul Roberson
Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Cowboy Copus
Hawkshaw Hawkins
Frankie Laine
Phil Collins
Harry Nillsen
Elvis Costello
BilyJoel
Elton John
Duke Ellington
Junior Parker
Buddy Guy
Junior Wells
Howlin' Wolf
Jimmy Reed
Muddy Waters
Albert King
Freddie King
BB King
Texas Alexander
Ligthnin' Hopkins
Count Basie
Artie Shaw
Johnny Shines
Robert Pete Williams
Mance Lipscomd
John Coltrane
Charley Christian
Lead Belly
The Drifters
Miles Davis
Dick Justice
Gus Cannon Jug Stompers
Tampa Red
Georgia Tom Dorsey
Ruth Willis
Slim Harpo
Fred McMullen
Curley Weaver
Blondie
Tex Ritter
Blind Willie McTell
Jack Scott
Jellyroll Morton
Bind Blake
Art Tatum
Albert Collins
Roosevelt Sykes
Little Brother Montgomery
Thelonious Monk
Professor Long Hair
Louis Armstrong
Ella Fitzgerald
Bilie Holliday
Leroy Carr
Charlie Patton
Glen Glenn
Haskel Adkins
Ray Price
Conway Twitty
Aretha Franklin
Doc Watson
JoAnn Kelly
Tony McPhee
Bruce Cockburn
James McMurtry
Leonard Cohen
Sonny Terry
Brownie McGee
Kris Kristofferson
Fred McDowell
John Hurt
Big Boy Crudup
Chuck Berry
Fats Domino
Bo Diddley
Jerry Lee Lewis
Carl Perkins
Buck Owens
Frank Sinatra

......fingrers getting tired.

Now who is more important than...

Reggae....Bob Marley
R&B...Otis Redding
Prewar Blues...Robert Johnson
jazz...Jellyroll Morton, Satchmo
Postwar Blues...Muddy Waters
Prewar Country....The Carter Family/Jimmie Rodgers
Postwar Country....Merle Haggard
Rock n' roll....Elvis, Chuck Berry
Big Band...Duke Ellington, Count Basie
Folk...Woody Guthrie, Pete Seegar, Lead Belly
Soul..James Brown
Western swing...Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
British blues...John Mayall, JoAnn Kelly
British rock...Beatles, Stones
Disco...BeeGees

Hell...

Missisippi Delta...Charley Patton/Robert Johnson
Memphis....Frank Stokes
Piedmont....Blind Boy Fuller
St. Louis...Lonnie Johnson
Georgia....Blind Willie McTell
Texas...Blind Lemon Jefferson
Alabama...Lucile Bogan
Louisiana....Papa Charlie Jackson

Avante
06-16-2013, 02:25 AM
I would rather listen to The Clash than John Hiatt ten times out of ten. My opinion and personal tastes differ from yours.

That's lame. I like money do you? I don't wanna starve, do you? I don't like to stand in a line, do you?

leemajors
06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
That's lame. I like money do you? I don't wanna starve, do you? I don't like to stand in a line, do you?

You're desperate.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2013, 09:48 AM
lol desperate almanac lists

CuckingFunt
06-16-2013, 12:22 PM

If personal taste is universal, then you must hate reading your bullshit as much as everyone else does.

Avante
06-17-2013, 03:04 AM
If personal taste is universal, then you must hate reading your bullshit as much as everyone else does.

You mean that bullshit about seperating the good music from the bad?

So what network holds ....THE PUNK MUSIC AWARDS?

Do you really put The Clash up there with The Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Doors...?

Avante
06-17-2013, 03:06 AM
You're desperate.

Not at all, there are just things that suck....car wrecks, lose your job, step in dog shit, get a ticket, that has nothing to do with personal anything, they suck.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Not at all, there are just things that suck....car wrecks, lose your job, step in dog shit, get a ticket, that has nothing to do with personal anything, they suck.I think opinions might vary if those things happened to you tbh.

ohmwrecker
06-17-2013, 09:21 AM
You mean that bullshit about seperating the good music from the bad?

So what network holds ....THE PUNK MUSIC AWARDS?

Do you really put The Clash up there with The Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Doors...?

Yes. It's all rock 'n' roll, dipshit. :lol awards