PDA

View Full Version : Manu Is Struggling, obviously. But...

ThaBigFundamental21
06-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Show him some damn respect. He is a Spur for life, has won us countless games, went to war for us. Put his body on the line, made our jaws drop to the floor. He will be in the HOF someday, his jersey will be retired by our Spurs. I can't believe the way some of you are behaving, you are the casual fans of the Spurs. You are not fanatic, you do not understand the game. You don't cut the throat of one of your own. Manu will have a big game for us against the Heat. Manu will give us a W and his struggles will be forgotten. The praise will rain down.

If Manu doesn't want to retire, he is coming back, to the Spurs. He says when. If he wants to end his career on the bench playing for less money, that is his choice, and the Spurs will let him. You do not run the Spurs, and it is a damn good thing. This is a franchise built on continuity, and every other day from the casual Spurs fans it's "Get rid of Manu, fire Pop, Tim is done." STFU. Take a seat, and enjoy the ride. Btw, read this article on Manu, and appreciate all he has done for us. I for one will sure as hell miss him when he retires, but that is what makes memories so amazing. I'm going to enjoy this 5th ring that Manu is going to play a huge part in getting the Spurs. This could be the last for the big 3...

http://theshadowleague.com/articles/if-manu-ginobili-was-black-he-d-be-your-hero

RD2191
06-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Why dont you stfu? Its a forum, dumbass. A place for people to share their thoughts and opinions no matter how shitty they are.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Why dont you stfu? Its a forum, dumbass. A place for people to share their thoughts and opinions no matter how shitty they are.
Why don't you stfu. You know, considering this is a forum. Which means he has just a valid opinion as yours. Plus his positive talk is say better than your bitchy, crying, suckadick emo shit you talk about. Waaaah Spurs lose cuz dey Kant win evuri gaim. Take it up the ass noob

EIC
06-15-2013, 09:18 AM
"Struggling" is an understatement. He is absolutely terrible.

My beef is that he is not taking his own ineptitude into account. He's still jacking up ridiculous threes, making wild passes, and generally trying to do way too much.

RD2191
06-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Why don't you stfu. You know, considering this is a forum. Which means he has just a valid opinion as yours. Plus his positive talk is say better than your bitchy, crying, suckadick emo shit you talk about. Waaaah Spurs lose cuz dey Kant win evuri gaim. Take it up the ass noob
Noob? Lmfao. Settle down virgin.

soxxx
06-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Ginoblis going to show up in Miami, we all know it. Hes going to go off either game 6 or 7.

Gotta just win game 5 first

Blizzardwizard
06-15-2013, 09:28 AM

:lol
Trying to make yourself look like a veteran poster with them 2,557 posts but only turned up at the start of the season and posted about 50 times crying after every loss to blow up the team and fire Pop :lmao

Smh :lol

RD2191
06-15-2013, 09:32 AM
:lol
Trying to make yourself look like a veteran poster with them 2,557 posts but only turned up at the start of the season and posted about 50 times crying after every loss to blow up the team and fire Pop :lmao

Smh :lol
Fire Pop? LOL

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Noob? Lmfao. Settle down virgin.
Haha because you know me il right? Considering you have a obvious lackluster in confidence, id say the closest thing to pussy you've gotten to is a fish market.

Blizzardwizard
06-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Fire Pop? LOL

Believe me, you may think you haven't said it. But have a look back at your 'heat of the moment' comments and I'm sure you won't go without a severe facepalm.

milkyway21
06-15-2013, 09:38 AM
MANU & TIM DUNCAN are the main reasons why I became a Spurs fan. I will cheer for them & the Spurs no matter what. Win or lose. Until they retire.

I didn't remember a time when Manu was injured in the playoffs and the Spurs won a title since 2005?
He is struggling now. He's not the dynamic Manu that we used to see. Still we owe him some respect.

RD2191
06-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Believe me, you may think you haven't said it. But have a look back at your 'heat of the moment' comments and I'm sure you won't go without a severe facepalm.
Nope. I've said Pop is a dumbass for playing Bonner but I've never called for his firing.

naico
06-15-2013, 09:45 AM
What's wrong with saying that someone sucked. That's what it was. That doesn't take any respect away. It's just an observation. And yes it's damn frustrating when you lose game in part of Manu's awful play lately. It is what it is.

Kidd K
06-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Almost all of us respect Manu Ginobili.

We also respect him enough to point out that he isn't anywhere near what he used to be. He has played very poorly throughout the playoffs, barely managing to put together a few good games (and none lately).

Don't mistake not being blind for lack of respect. I like Manu, but he isn't playing well. He's either injured or too old to contribute enough to warrant his salary and on court duties. I don't want Manu gone, but I want Manu to be paid significantly less and the Spurs use that money to sign someone else to do what he used to do.

Manu's role needs to be reduced in the future. This isn't something I say lightly either. I don't see him coming back from this and being anything like what he used to be.

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2013, 10:22 AM

We also respect him enough to point out that he isn't anywhere near what he used to be. He has played very poorly throughout the playoffs, barely managing to put together a few good games (and none lately).

Don't mistake not being blind for lack of respect. I like Manu, but he isn't playing well. He's either injured or too old to contribute enough to warrant his salary and on court duties. I don't want Manu gone, but I want Manu to be paid significantly less and the Spurs use that money to sign someone else to do what he used to do.

Manu's role needs to be reduced in the future. This isn't something I say lightly either. I don't see him coming back from this and being anything like what he used to be.Can the Spurs use his salary to pick up Jarret Jack? He is a restricted FA. Jack likes to penetrate and he is clutch, similar to what Manu did in his prime. That means no Tiago Splitter unless he takes a pay cut or Aaron Baynes develops.

milkyway21
06-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Have you ever wondered why James a much younger player and dubbed as the best in the world is struggling too?
Game 1.
Game 3.

Why?

Manu has an alibi - > age

but LeBron?
Hell, at his age we don't even know why, LeBron, the 4 time MVP, is inconsistent.
He used to be unstoppable.
He is injury-free.
He is at his prime.

Kawli can limit him but he is the MVP, nobody can stop him.
But sometimes he is.

Rapper
06-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I respect him very much and agree with you that he is a spur for life but man you got to admit he is the biggest problem for us on both ends now
He can't pass
He can't shoot
He can't even dribblng.

What more?
He is extremely slow
He is a turnover machine
He is easy to be tired

Everytime he coming off the bench I would think "Oh no" in my mind because If we lead by 10 it would be soon to cut to 4 when we are down by 5 it would be very soon to being down by 20 in maybe 5 mins due to him

If Manu could play well in Game 5 I would apologize to him in this regards .However, it is just my wishful thinking

Skull-1
06-15-2013, 10:57 AM
"Struggling" is an understatement. He is absolutely terrible.

My beef is that he is not taking his own ineptitude into account. He's still jacking up ridiculous threes, making wild passes, and generally trying to do way too much.

Exactly.

And I am tired of people saying he will show up... We have heard that all year. At some point you have to face reality and call a duck a duck.

SenorSpur
06-15-2013, 11:16 AM

Manu's role needs to be reduced in the future. This isn't something I say lightly either. I don't see him coming back from this and being anything like what he used to be.

^ This.

Manu is a Spur for life, but doesn't mean he's a sacred cow - nor should he be. Constructive criticism of him has to do with the fact that he's a declining player on a team that now desparately needs contribution from him. I know he wants to come back next year, but judging from what we're seeing, I don't see how that would be good for either or the team.

DOS CHAINZ
06-15-2013, 11:23 AM
He is long overdue for a big game & man do we need it Sunday. I agree he is a Spur for life & everybody talking shit can STFU already. GOSPURSGO!

spurs10
06-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Manu has the worst efficiency rating on the team now, but those games have been played. Pop will decide to let Manu find his confidence by encouraging him to find better shots or not. No one should be surprised if Manu never plays as badly as last game for the rest of his career. We've got game 5 if we take care of the ball.

Tmac3
06-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Play Tmac

ElNono
06-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Manu scored 34 in last year's game 5 in the WCF and we still lost. The whole finding a scapegoat is overplayed like hell over here.

It's a team game. If the team plays well, poised and takes care of the little things, we'll win. If the team does not do that, we won't. Simple as that.

gospursgojas
06-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't like the punctuation errors in the thread's title, tbh.

therealtruth
06-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Manu scored 34 in last year's game 5 in the WCF and we still lost. The whole finding a scapegoat is overplayed like hell over here.

It's a team game. If the team plays well, poised and takes care of the little things, we'll win. If the team does not do that, we won't. Simple as that.

I agree. It's not just about points. Manu has to be aggressive and attack the rim and force them to defend him.

Kidd K
06-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Can the Spurs use his salary to pick up Jarret Jack? He is a restricted FA. Jack likes to penetrate and he is clutch, similar to what Manu did in his prime. That means no Tiago Splitter unless he takes a pay cut or Aaron Baynes develops.

If the Spurs convince Manu to re-sign for a lower amount, then hold off on signing Splitter to his extra pay until after making free agent decisions, I think it may be possible to bring in someone like Jack if they do all their signings in the proper order.

Part of the salary cap restrictions is a stipulation where even after a player's contract expires (in this case Manu's), his salary still counts towards next year's cap until he and the Spurs negotiate a new deal to alter the amount of money he will be paid, or if the Spurs cut ties with him completely. I'm not sure if they have to make decisions on all existing players first though before going after someone else.

If that's the case, then in order to get Jack (as I assume he won't come here for lower pay) the Spurs would have to sign and trade with Golden State to get Jack.

^ This.

Manu is a Spur for life, but doesn't mean he's a sacred cow - nor should he be. Constructive criticism of him has to do with the fact that he's a declining player on a team that now desparately needs contribution from him. I know he wants to come back next year, but judging from what we're seeing, I don't see how that would be good for either or the team.

I wouldn't mind him coming back, but at a much lower salary and having a reduced role. Like. . .not the first guard off the bench but the 2nd or 3rd. We need to go get a free agent to replace him. Nobody we have can really fill the role. Manu might still be pretty useful in a lesser role though. I would be happy to have him back in that scenerio tbh.

SpurPadre
06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll always recognize what Manu's meant for this team but you have to call it like it is and the Heat are simply a bad match-up for him to thrive on at this stage in his career. He's no longer match-up proof but he can still play better and make a positive impact in the remaining games. To what extent, I don't know but I'm trusting his vow to play harder next game and Pop's game-plan to dig out at least a semblance of the Manu we all know and love.

silverblk mystix
06-15-2013, 06:09 PM
lol jarret jack

Chaos
06-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Show him some damn respect. He is a Spur for life, has won us countless games, went to war for us. Put his body on the line, made our jaws drop to the floor. He will be in the HOF someday, his jersey will be retired by our Spurs. I can't believe the way some of you are behaving, you are the casual fans of the Spurs. You are not fanatic, you do not understand the game. You don't cut the throat of one of your own. Manu will have a big game for us against the Heat. Manu will give us a W and his struggles will be forgotten. The praise will rain down.

If Manu doesn't want to retire, he is coming back, to the Spurs. He says when. If he wants to end his career on the bench playing for less money, that is his choice, and the Spurs will let him. You do not run the Spurs, and it is a damn good thing. This is a franchise built on continuity, and every other day from the casual Spurs fans it's "Get rid of Manu, fire Pop, Tim is done." STFU. Take a seat, and enjoy the ride. Btw, read this article on Manu, and appreciate all he has done for us. I for one will sure as hell miss him when he retires, but that is what makes memories so amazing. I'm going to enjoy this 5th ring that Manu is going to play a huge part in getting the Spurs. This could be the last for the big 3...

http://theshadowleague.com/articles/if-manu-ginobili-was-black-he-d-be-your-hero

Sounds good and I hope your right. Else ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwmqp3GLMc

SenorSpur
06-15-2013, 07:23 PM
For an older athlete, there are numerous times when the mind says "yes", but the body says "I don't think so".