PDA

View Full Version : Spurs game analysis by Coach Nick

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Coach Nick breaks down another blow out in this strange NBA Finals. LeBron James found his stroke, Dwyane Wade got back on track while the Spurs threw the ball away recklessly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szb-gN7BLqc

BillMc
06-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Yeah. He's pretty hard on Manu (recommends cutting his minutes) but also seems to think the Spurs are winning the "good shot" battle and expects things to even out in Game 5. Nick gives us a good chance to win this series.:toast

RD2191
06-15-2013, 10:07 AM
ElNono in tears, tbh.

Yuixafun
06-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Yea this is what I was saying in other threads.

Manu only registered 1 turnover...

But he made a bunch of passes that put his teammates int bad positions leading directly to turnovers, like that pass to Duncan.

And wow, Manu fell asleep on that Backdoor cut by Dwade and also got lost on the rotation and let Ray Allen blow by him.

C'mon that has nothing to do with age or his body...

He might be trying hard... but he's mentally clusterfucked right now.

Yuixafun
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Lol also interesting at 5:15 how Nick points out that Parker should have got the foul call... but in the ensuing scrum, despite Timmy Getting his hands on the ball first, the refs choose Parker to do the jump ball, which leads to an easy Heat basket.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Spot on Coach Nick! Almost every single flaw has been mentioned.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Love his videos

TJastal
06-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Yea this is what I was saying in other threads.

Manu only registered 1 turnover...

But he made a bunch of passes that put his teammates int bad positions leading directly to turnovers, like that pass to Duncan.

And wow, Manu fell asleep on that Backdoor cut by Dwade and also got lost on the rotation and let Ray Allen blow by him.

C'mon that has nothing to do with age or his body...

He might be trying hard... but he's mentally clusterfucked right now.

I totally agree that was a mental error on Manu's part (the part I bolded). But Wade went so far out of bounds on that play he could have snatched a beer out of a fans hand and had himself a drink. We saw Danny Green do that earlier in the series and the cHeat loving officials were all over that calling a violation. Instead, it's Wade so it's okay apparently.

hommeaetage
06-15-2013, 01:09 PM
So basically he agreed what we've been discussing for two days now that while the Spurs lost as a team, Manu and Splitter were just downright awful. Let's see how coM members spin this one

wildbill2u
06-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Heat obviously know that Splitter holds the ball low and are ready to strip him. At least 4 blocked shots.

Manu simply is not playing well, mentally or skill-wise. We really can't afford to completely bench him because we'd have to replace him with de Colo. It's terrible to watch him through these whole playoffs. I say this sadly because he is my favorite Spur.

skulls138
06-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Good video. Makes me think that the Spurs more lost the game than the Heat won it. I love the strategy Pops used in feeding Tiago the ball when the Heat defended the perimeter but Tiago has to find a way to put that ball in the hoop or pass it to a wide open shooter.

timvp
06-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Tbh, Ginobili has struggled mentally this season more than ever. Usually, players become older and wiser. Ginobili has gotten older and even more ... "daring" -- I guess is the word I'll use.

The Spurs neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed him to be locked in and aggressive in Game 5.

prayingdog.jpg

Budkin
06-15-2013, 02:39 PM
There is no excuse for Tiago not to score when he gets the ball that low. He's big and skilled, but goes up weak too soon. Even a simple pump fake at the rim could have given him the space he needed to score. Or shit... dunk the fucking ball with two hands.

TJastal
06-15-2013, 02:54 PM
There is no excuse for Tiago not to score when he gets the ball that low. He's big and skilled, but goes up weak too soon. Even a simple pump fake at the rim could have given him the space he needed to score. Or shit... dunk the fucking ball with two hands.

He doesn't have the explosion necessary to be able to do that (without a full running head of steam). Just the type of player he is. Kind of like what Blair turned into after his rookie season. Difference is, Blair is excellent at catching and quickly getting shots up around a defender before any help can arrive. If you could fuse this ability into Splitter he'd seriously be an all star level center and average 22 points a contest.

therealtruth
06-15-2013, 03:26 PM
The Spurs can continue to give space for the jumpshot but they can't let Lebron dribble the ball through his leg and get his rhythm before taking the shot.

DMC
06-15-2013, 04:45 PM
One thing you saw was that shooters were open.

Manu was horrible. He doesn't need to run the point if he's going to be that shitty unless he's totally selfish and doesn't pass at all. Just drive to the rim. Maybe he's hiding an injury, hard to say, but if he's hurting the team he needs to Manup.

Yuixafun
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Tbh, Ginobili has struggled mentally this season more than ever. Usually, players become older and wiser. Ginobili has gotten older and even more ... "daring" -- I guess is the word I'll use.

The Spurs neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed him to be locked in and aggressive in Game 5.

prayingdog.jpg

This reminds me of Brett Favre at the end of his career in the playoffs where he just threw a prayer when he didn't have to and it got intercepted and effectively ended the game in a loss.

skulls138
06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
He doesn't have the explosion necessary to be able to do that (without a full running head of steam). Just the type of player he is. Kind of like what Blair turned into after his rookie season. Difference is, Blair is excellent at catching and quickly getting shots up around a defender before any help can arrive. If you could fuse this ability into Splitter he'd seriously be an all star level center and average 22 points a contest.
Coach Nick I think summarized it nicely saying that Splitter hasn't been making good decisions, mentioning his blocked dunk in game 2 (though he says game 3) saying it should've been a "high layup" and that one of his blocked shots in game 4 should've been a pass to Neal in the corner. Easier said than done but Splitter should get more patient and smarter when he gets those passes, like holding the ball higher so as to not get it stripped, or doing an up and under (he's a bad ass at those), or pump fake, or pass. So yes, Splitter doesn't have explosion but he can do other things to turn those passes into scores.

MAx_Eric
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Fuck Tiago!!
That's what i feel after the video!

weeks
06-15-2013, 11:09 PM
the problem with manu is that he gambles, and gambles big
when it works it's incredible, a joy to behold
but when it fails it really makes him look terrible

his gambles have been paying off less and less lately

m33p0
06-16-2013, 12:56 AM
why you all blaming tiago? he's not the one who gives the spurs energy. in fact, it's the opposite. he feeds off of others. you want him to play well? others have to lead by example first. then and only then he gets those open lanes for his lay-dunks (there's no other way to describe those).

ElNono
06-16-2013, 01:14 AM
ElNono in tears, tbh.

:lol sup robdiaz? I thought you killed yourself after the game 2 loss, tbh

xellos88330
06-16-2013, 01:15 AM
why you all blaming tiago? he's not the one who gives the spurs energy. in fact, it's the opposite. he feeds off of others. you want him to play well? others have to lead by example first. then and only then he gets those open lanes for his lay-dunks (there's no other way to describe those).

The problem is when smaller players are blocking his shots in the paint. The energy/confidence is going to the Heat. You can't have 4 or your point blank layups blocked by guards if you are that tall. That is just more rebounds and transition opportunities for the Heat to burn you.

RD2191
06-16-2013, 01:21 AM
:lol sup robdiaz? I thought you killed yourself after the game 2 loss, tbh

Let's just say it wasn't pretty at my place after game 2.

ElNono
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
:lol the video starts with 4 great plays by Manu, completely botched by Tiago and his softness/indecision...

Coach Nick doesn't know dick, tbh..I don't know how this nigga built a following, just because he takes the time to make videos:lol..

Is he still crying about the refs in the Warriors series?..

Harlem couldn't have put it any better, tbh...

m33p0
06-16-2013, 02:34 AM
The problem is when smaller players are blocking his shots in the paint. The energy/confidence is going to the Heat. You can't have 4 or your point blank layups blocked by guards if you are that tall. That is just more rebounds and transition opportunities for the Heat to burn you.

and why do you think opposing guards were in/close to the paint? td got his shots sent back to him as well. fact is, spurs weren't able to establish themselves out on the perimeter allowing the heat to pack the paint.

spurraider21
06-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Harlem couldn't have put it any better, tbh...

i've always thought coach Nick was ok. better than most, in fact. but nobody's gna be perfect

therealtruth
06-16-2013, 01:23 PM

A couple of those were turnovers, not blocks and Wade/James are pretty good shot blockers.

xellos88330
06-16-2013, 05:42 PM
and why do you think opposing guards were in/close to the paint? td got his shots sent back to him as well. fact is, spurs weren't able to establish themselves out on the perimeter allowing the heat to pack the paint.

Point blank layups that Splitter had were on the roll to the basket where there was no one in front of him and the basket. The guards showed up as rotation defenders. That type of play should always be 2 points for a big man. Getting blocked by a help defending guard is unforgivable no matter who you are.

HI-FI
06-16-2013, 06:41 PM
i've always thought coach Nick was ok. better than most, in fact. but nobody's gna be perfect
I've only watched a couple videos but I think he's pretty good. His stuff is well done and he points out things that the NBA and its partners (ESPN etc....) don't want to mention, like the bad calls, missed calls. Informative stuff imo. Harlem probably hates him because he's pointed out stuff Lebron gets away with, and now he's on ElNono's shit list after that video....tbh.